paying the price
for those wounded during KQ
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Emmett looked up as Maea said his name, smiled faintly at her thank you and shrugged his shoulders. It was what he would do for any of his friends, or really anyone who needed his help. Even with his current personal disaster he would drop everything to help a friend in need. It was how he had been raised, was ingrained into his soul. You didn't leave people behind.

"Uh, right. Thank you." He said to Vervain as she got up to leave, then went to Maea's side, sat on the edge of the bed and looked on her. She seemed like she would be okay, at least. Emmett let go of a breath he didn't know he'd been holding.

"Maea...Don' talk, okay? But it sounds like you're gonna be okay. I dunno what y'were doing going into the Spire like that...but...y'gotta be careful." With tears brimming in his eyes he softly cupped her hand, a gesture meant to carry affection he couldn't speak.
Emmett
There'll be no value in the strength of walls that I have grown
There'll be no comfort in the shade of the shadows thrown
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
M
 A
  E
   A
I talked to God to no avail

Said, "If you won't save me, please don't waste my time."

Waving faintly after Vai as the woman left, Maea didn't have it in her to argue. Sigjing fsintly she nestled deeper into the blankets, expecting Emmett to follow suit... but instead he came over, sat beside her on the bed even. It was unexpected, a little awkward too because the only one who had ever done that for her before was her brother. Even the healer that had tended her often as a child wouldn't be so familiar, and... Maea wasn't sure what she was supposed to do. Look at him, don't look at him..?

She looked. Saw tears brim in red-rimmed eyes, felt his hand cup around hers. The tears alarmed her, as did the touch, but though she twitched in surprise Maea allowed it. Found it... soothing, somehow. She tried to smile reassuringly, but it came out more puzzled, questioning. How could she explain if she wasn't allowed to speak? Was he actually worried? She hadn't been aware that anyone truly cared what she did, now that Noah was gone...

Pale fingers, washed clean from blood and reanimation fluids, twisted to fold around his hand. A slight squeeze; she was listening, if he wanted to speak.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Maea said nothing; Emmett had told her to be quiet after all. He sat for a while in silence just holding her hand and thinking,  looking down at the floor. He thought about the Spire, about how both of them were farm kids with no family; he felt closer to Maea than any of his other friends in a way, just because he knew she perfectly understood everything.

After some time had passed (maybe ten minutes, maybe an hour) Emmett took in a breath and stood. "Well, I'll let ya sleep. I'll come by soon and see how you're doin'. Do y'want me to go make sure everythin's ok at your place? "
Emmett
There'll be no value in the strength of walls that I have grown
There'll be no comfort in the shade of the shadows thrown
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
M
 A
  E
   A
I talked to God to no avail

Said, "If you won't save me, please don't waste my time."

For a while they just hovered in a silence that was not entirely comfortable but not too horribly painful either. Maea found the company soothing enough - she was not alone, which made the silence and the dark more bearable - that she had begun to drift off when Emmett stirred.

Right, the farm. Peter would have to be told, and there was a million chores waiting for her and there was no time to be cooped up in the infirmary... But she was so very tired, and the offered help most welcome. So she nodded, whispering a broken "Thank you" again before remembering that she wasn't supposed to speak.

She would have to find a way to thank him properly later. But if Emmett be more to say, or questions... they fell on deaf ears as Maea drifted off into sleep.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦