Winds of change
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
M
 A
  E
   A
I talked to God to no avail

Said, "If you won't save me, please don't waste my time."

It was the wind that broke the news to those who had not gone to the Spire. A howling, ferocious gale swept out from the black column and rattled windows, slammed doors and tore thatching and tiles from the roof of many a house. When the worst of it died down, Maea rose bleary eyed and still half asleep from her circle of burned out candles by the shrine and padded on bare feet towards the door, cracked it open and peered outside.

At first she saw nothing except the darkness of night, paler now as it was growing closer to dawn. Still dark enough to make her shudder, to long again for the soothing safety of firelight. Then, something fluttered past her cheek and made her look up. Glittering dust fell from the sky like frost on a winter night. Black dust, dust that left holes in the sky that were so vividly colorful that she gasped. Gaping wide eyed, Maea inched herself out of the Temple and held out her hands, shivering despite Ludo's warming scarf about the shoulders. Because... because this... It couldn't be real.

"The barrier..." she whispered, not even aware that the had spoken aloud until the sound of get own hoarse voice made her flinch.

The barrier had fallen.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦