No Trespassers Allowed! [OPEN]
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Age: 60 | Height: 4’6” | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

Eliza leapt easily over a fallen log, a bright smile on her face, as she peered through the thick trees. Spending time alone in the wildwood was far from unusual for the girl, and she lived for the sounds of the forests, so alive with all kinds of creatures.

Today was different, though... Today, there had appeared in the sky a large, black Spire. What it was, she didn’t know, but she was curious. Of course that didn’t mean she would be running right up to it! Granted, that’s exactly what she wanted to do, but she had run off as soon as she got close and saw a bunch of people she had never seen before. There were a lot of them, and she didn’t know what that meant for her people. Were these newcomers friendly? Hostile? Did they have to protect themselves? Or could they perhaps be welcoming to them?

The Fae huntress had too many questions rushing around her head, and she found herself on her way to Mathair. Maybe communing with the tree’s goddess would help to settle her mind, or maybe not, but she knew she had to do something.

Hearing an unfamiliar sound in the woods, Eliza stopped short, her wings expanding to try to make herself look larger and her eyes widening. The girl grabbed her bow off of herself and put an arrow against the drawstring, hoping she wouldn’t have to defend herself.

Eliza
In the midst of our lives,
we must find the magic
that makes our souls soar
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
A day of two of rest was all he really needed, all he'd ever really allow himself to have. Head was still a bit foggy. The days turning into a blur and mixing what was before with what came after, the woods though, they where all the same. Are, deep in thought pondering how it actually fit together as he with snares and stick in hand walked his usual path.

Stars came and went before his eyes. Some things hadn't really had the time to sort itself out since that day at the spire, both memories and possibly more bodily matters, as evident by his eyes showering his vision with another bout of sparks and lines.

He knew the woods, as well as someone reliant on it for a few weeks would at least, but this was not it. What he saw around him as he looked up wasn't it. Mesmerized by the rhythmic bounce of the axe against his thigh and the soothing creaking of his pack he could've wandered long before realizing. Did he even know north from south anymore.

As it set in he sighed and rubbed his face. He sighed again and looked to the sky, as long as the sun hadn't changed too too much he had been going north instead of east. A third sigh and a swig from the water skin cleared away the worst splotches of color and light, as if the tepid water somehow washed his eyes and popped them back in place again.

The thought had Are chuckle as he on heavy feet pushed through another patch of small trees, hoping to find his way back to the path.
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:

She lowered herself into a defensive crouch, stepping off of the self-made path she had drawn in her mind. Whatever it was that she heard was going somewhere it had no business going. Probably.

Eliza really had no idea if how she was reacting was justified or not, but she was feeling remarkably paranoid and nervous about what was to come. The barrier coming down could surely only spell trouble for her people, unleashing Rae only knows what onto their homes, their world. Their world. This place belonged to them, not these strangers.

She held her bow tightly in her hand and started in a nearly silent sprint once again, this time directed towards the sounds. She saw a large figure, much larger than the short and dainty fae folk she was used to being around, and she swallowed hard. Her nerves had to be suppressed at that moment, had to be stifled. She had to find out what this person wanted from her forest.

Eliza flew to the top of a large rock just ahead of the man, her wings extended and vibrating with agitation, her bow drawn with an arrow aimed in his direction. Her sharp eyes locked on the axe at his hip, and her lip feathered, as her arrow was drawn back just slightly further. “Drop your weapon,” she commanded instantly.

Are

Eliza
we must find the magic
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Are
The creak of the bow and glint of the arrow froze his steps faster than any barked order ever could. A wolf, maybe even a bear, that he could handle. Look formidable enough of a threat that you weren't worth the flesh on your bones. He knew it by heart from the day he got his first knife and roamed the woods with his father.

Two-legged predators where a whole 'nother thing, far too jumpy and prone to send a sharp one straight through your heart if you as much as sneezed. Very reassuring thoughts as he stared down the shaft towards brown, steely eyes. He swallowed hard, a gulp that felt like it'd echo at least a fjerdingsvei and was loud enough to wake the dead. Or make a jumpy one let the string slip.

Are swallowed again, but nodded at the order. Without taking his eyes off the arrow he reached down with a shaky hand and unbuttoned the frog keeping his now beloved hand-axe safe. He dangled it between thumb and forefinger and tossed it aside.

Breathe.

He didn't even realize he'd been holding his breath until the first rush of fresh air streamed through his nose, a smell of damp moss and budding flowers coaxing his muscles to loosen a tad. His jaw unlocked with a lock-like click and allowed him to wet his lips. Another breath.

"Heil og sæl, I am Are. Please, I mean no harm. I am a cobbler with nothing to my name. Don't loose. I am just looking for someone."
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:

She tensed slightly when the man unclipped his weapon and freed it. Her wings raised a little higher, and her finger tightened around her bow, her frown deepening just a touch until the axe was discarded. Even then, it did little to settle her nerves.

Her muscles barely relaxed when they were forced to tense again at the sound of his voice. Eliza narrowed her gaze at him, but she didn’t lower her weapon or make any kind of move to show that she wasn’t going to attack. Than again, she wasn’t exactly the one attacking! If anything, she was defending herself and this forest!

Are - as he called himself - spoke something she didn’t understand at first, but she wasn’t about to ask him to translate. Eliza also wasn’t about to introduce herself. “Are,” she repeated, a slightly devious gleam in her eye. “How unique. You may call me Eli.” A name had too much power to give hers fully to someone without understanding their intentions first; a mistake she had made once and would not repeat.

Finally, after what likely felt like forever to the man at the end of her arrow’s aim, Eliza lowered the weapon, but she still kept a confident hold of it and furrowed her brows at him, lifting one inquisitively.

“Looking for someone in the wildwood. Many come in only to be lost to it. You’re foolish to come alone, but free to make your own decisions, I suppose. Would you give me the name of whomever you seek?” Once again, there was mischievous gleam in her eye, but he would probably have no idea why. Her own little secret.

Eliza
we must find the magic
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
It was as if the arrow and a promise of death was all that had kept the man upright. As it drew a line towards the ground his body followed instinctively, or it could have been from the exhaustion. The creaking straps of his pack seemingly fitting with how he felt himself as he slowly sat himself down on soft moss, wincing at the throbbing the relaxation allowed his head to resume. Are groaned and blinked away the pain, finally able to expand his view of the world beyond merely a steel broadhead.

Mottled green-brown eyes blinked and blinked again, convinced they must've been ruined by the strain. Even through the jumping sparks he could've sworn he saw a winged woman, not that anything was beyond Caido it seemed. Between gods, shapeshifters and sejdr a flying person was just another thing to add to the list that kept the cobbler shaking his head more and more.

Gods, she asked for the name. A deep breath and a deep dive conjured up the image again. Braided hair like strands of sunshine, eyes a mirror of his own. A frown that put the fear of gods to shame and a smile that wiped it all away. As clear as spring lake ice, but the name kept eluding him, like trying to scoop up a handful of mist to save for later.

That glint of... something, in Eli's eye made his teeth itch. The second time he caught it there was no questioning it, and it added a twist to her question Are wasn't all too keen on. Yet he swallowed hard and thought of what someone more capable and honorable would do. Not get caught a fool bumbling through the woods in the first place probably, but right there and then truth seemed like his best chance.

"I would if I could. I am seeking my wife." the words poured out of his mouth but he questioned them himself. He could barely remember the reason as to why he had set out that day, something that pushed him to walk where he hadn't before.

The wall, it fell, she's here, she must be.

"My wife, yes! She came through as I did, I was trapped while she was on the other side, but now, she must be here! You know the woods, right? Have you seen her!? Blond hair, eyes like mine and an apron as blue as the great lake!" it all came pouring out in a much too rapid pace, almost panicked.
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:

Her brows furrowed as Are lowered himself to the ground. What was he doing? It read to her similarly to a primal sign of submission, but she kept a tight hold on her weapon, despite the feeling that she wasn’t in any danger from this man. That didn’t mean she would willingly give him any kind of advantage, though.

Her brows nearly met in the middle with how deeply she pushed them together. He said that he was looking for his wife, and yet… What? He didn’t know his wife’s name?

Eliza shrugged her shoulders. “I’ve seen many people who can go by that description.”

She grinned almost wickedly and jumped off the large rock, her wings beating quickly to carry her a short distance closer to the seated man. It was the first time she actually felt somewhat tall compared to a newcomer. He had admittedly to being on the other side of the barrier, which she had already assumed, but it felt good to be validated. She peered at him curiously, looking him over as though she was studying something. “I do know these woods, but that won’t do you much good, will it? It isn’t as though I offered to guide you!” She grinned and giggled slightly, hopping into the air to fly a few steps backwards. “Besides, have you thought maybe your wife doesn’t want to be found? After all, what good is a husband who forgets her name?”

Eliza
we must find the magic
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
It had been a desperate shot in the dark, he knew as much when he blurted out what little he could conjure up at a moments notice, and at arrow point mind you. Still though, it was at least not anything worse than a 'no' like he'd feared in times of weakness. Nightmares of that stoic, radiant face still and cold. No, that was the stuff of weaker minds. Her being out there was a certainty, dead or not, he would find her.

The fae getting closer caught him by surprise as he looked up from his shoes. For a moment he almost reached for the whittling knife he still kept on his belt, but tensing up at the last second. An interloper did well in not attracting further ire by lashing out at those defending their lands. Their woods. Woods the fae could very well guide him through, reluctantly or not.

Then she just had to drive the dagger home. Straight through the heart.

Arrows and ornery fluttering folks be damned, in one fell swoop spitting on both his honor and the memory of the one that meant the most. He got back on his feet, towering up, wearing vile scowl and almost growling. "Watch your tongue, alfr." he said, almost spitting the words as if the taste of them made him retch. "I come in peace and give you respect, and you hurl insults at me?" managing to calm down somewhat, Are allowed himself to step down a tad. He was as a matter of fact the one trespassing, and not the one with a bow.
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:

Eliza saw the way Are tensed at her approach, and she wasn’t entirely sure why, but she actually enjoyed the reaction. Perhaps it was because he was so much larger than she was, or perhaps it was because she wanted to be the dominant figure in the conversation… Whatever it was, she liked it.

However, his following reaction to the words she spat forward was not enjoyable to the Fae. He got back to his feet, and instinctively, Eliza drew her bow once again, her heart racing at the man’s warning. Who did he think he was?

“Anything said can be received in many different ways,” she said, her tone cautious as she stared down an arrow shaft at the man. Her wings lifted her into the air, evening their height, as she didn’t like to be at a disadvantage in any kind of confrontation. “How you heard my words is not a reflection on me, stranger, but on you. I simply asked a question.”

She grinned at him, lowering her bow, but still keeping a tight grasp on it just in case he decided hostility was the best course of action. “Tell me, what good is a husband who forgets her name?” She requested once more. She went on to clarify her question with a fiercely intelligent - and possibly highly manipulative - smirk. “What do you offer your wife besides your clearly subpar memory?”

Eliza
we must find the magic
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
The creak of the limbs and glint of the wicked point had him frozen again, but out of respect, not fear, not anymore. Instead of holding a tense breath his body, unbeknownst to his mind, drew deep, calm breaths. In his belly he fostered icy shards of budding rage. To him a heritage never before unlocked, but now it festered in his heart, turning it and his eyes black.

Jaws so clenched he could almost feel his teeth cracking under the stress and what the fae expertly coaxed out of him. Behind closed eyes the berserker raged and tore the mocking being limb from limb, cackling madly as it exacted revenge for the deep cuts upon his soul.

Yet he held. A foolish man, yes, but Are was more stubborn than foolish, and even at the edge of snapping he saw what was happening. As he took a step towards the forest denizen it finally dawned on him. Like a fiddle, the most rough hewn and ill tuned fiddle he was being played. Words as the bow and his own mind singing whatever tune that smug smirk decided. Be a better man. Exactly what the situation demanded.

Hands balled into white-knuckled fists and teeth gritted he spoke, words tasting of bile and blood. "Love, loyalty, and a life. Our life. The one I am trying to rebuild after being thrown across worlds."
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:

It might not have been particularly nice, but then again, Fae didn’t exactly pride themselves as being a ‘nice’ people. She rather enjoyed how easily and quickly he angered. It was more than amusing to her, and while he was clearly much larger and stronger than she, Eliza knew these woods. She could disappear within the trees, and the cobbler would be spat right back where he came from!

Her eyes narrowed slightly at the clenched fists, and she couldn’t help but smirk at the tense answer Are gave.

“Thrown across worlds?” She repeated, her tone could have been one of disbelief and skepticism, but she was finally genuinely interested in this man’s story. “Seems like this life you can offer is one of adventure! What worlds have you seen? What kinds happened that separated you from your wife?” Her eyes were perhaps a touch more gentle, sympathetic and compassionate, though she remained guarded towards this person.

Eliza
we must find the magic
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
The fae slipping from provocation to seemingly genuine interest soothed the worst of Are's temper. At least it kept him from doing something brash, beyond staring daggers and chewing his cheek.

A better man would've taken the opportunity to steer the conversation towards something more productive than ripping open wounds barely healed. "Hardly an adventure when you have no say in it or memory beyond solid darkness." he said through gritted teeth slowly unclenching.

"Well, I remember the passing. An oar knocked me into the lake and I sank. Moments or years later I woke up here, still soaked to the bone." he continued, sighing as he before his inner eye saw the surface disappear again. Taking with it all he knew and lived for.

"What about you, álfr? You came from somewhere else too?"
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:

Eliza narrowed her eyes at Are, as he spoke of how he came to be in this world. Of course he left out that he had actually quite recently emerged into a brand new world after his last one. He was a newcomer - a trespasser - within her woods!

“I’m sure there is more adventure ahead,” she told him. “Adventures are what you make them.” The Fae might not have been out of the Greatwood, but her life was far from boring, and she made sure that each day had some kind of adventure in it, even if it was simply reading an exhilarating story in the undercroft.

She was confused a little bit, though. Sometimes he spoke with words she knew, but then, he adds ones she was unfamiliar with. Was this customary with those from within the barrier? Did they create their own language in the time that they were contained?

Regardless, she shook her head in response. “We all come from somewhere else,” she said with a smirk. “I have not stood in one place my entire life! In fact, you’ve seen me come from somewhere else!” Eliza pointed to the stone that she had been standing on before with a spark in her eyes. “Initially, though, I was born in these woods. In the Fae village. I have lived here my entire life.”

Eliza
we must find the magic