Finally, Freedom
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

As soon as Adam had heard the barrier was down, he ran. He would have liked to have claimed some kind of responsibility for the development but it had happened while he had been sleeping off a hangover in the backroom of Nate's house, dreaming things with nothing to do with the Spire at all.

But no matter. He was going to get out, he was going to find a way home. He was going to return to his normal fucking life...just plus one dragon, because the dragon was cool. Coffee flew next to him, spinning and looping in the air excitedly, glad for the chance to go so fast. Adam had long legs and could move at quite the speed when he wanted to, only having to stop for a rest a couple of times on his speedy journey.

When he finally made it to the edge of the outskirts, there was no question of the barrier's absence. A large scar scorched the earth before him, and beyond that...a forest, lush and green. Adam took a few steps back then ran and jumped over the mark just because he could, grinned and raised his arms with a mighty laugh as he reached the other side.

"Fuck yes!! Finally!" He yelled, grabbing Coffee's front feet and excitedly spinning with the dragon, feeling the creatures elated joy reflecting his through their bond.

adam
Mistreat your Altar Boys long enough and this is what you get
Sad and angry... can't learn how to behave
Still won't know how in the darkness of the grave
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
it's not what it looks like
Ianto supposed he would have to get used to this - seeing randoms from the place that hadn't existed only a day or so ago just pop up and start cheering about their freedom. Roana had done it when seeing the Spire, after all. Then again, the fox couldn't blame them - and he was still getting used to this as well; it had been a long time since he'd been around anyone but the Fae.

Still, he could only stand and grin from where he had been quietly observing the space where the barrier had been, leant against one of the trees on the fringes of the forest. "Don't get too excited!" he called, smiling. "It's only a forest, after all... though... forgive me, is that a dragon?"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam was so wrapped up in dancing with his dragon he did not notice Ianto until he spoke, and with a surprising speed and grace he stopped and pulled his left gun, holding it in the direction of the voice - but as he saw the easy smile, the figure leaned against the tree and speaking in teasing tones, he slowly lowered it and holstered it back against his hip.

"S'not just a forest, mate, it's a forest outside of that fucking place!" He cried triumphantly, pointing back towards The Hallowed Grounds. But still, he had to calm down eventually. Adam took a few breaths then grinned at Ianto, stood up and lifted an arm for Coffee to perch on.

"Hell yeah it is. This is Coffee. I found him by a lake...say.." Adam looked about the trees as if expecting to see some sort of sign (not that he'd be able to read it). "You know the way to Akkarain or Sainen from here? People keep sayin' I'm not gonna get home from here, but fuck 'em, I'm gonna work it out."

adam
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
The sudden flourish of a weapon - though what the fuck kind of weapon it was Ianto had no clue - had the fox raising his hands as if to placate the suddenly volatile man. He swallowed hard, letting out a breathless chuckle as the gun was slowly lowered, though his approach was markedly less carefree now than it had been. "Ah, you came from within the barrier," he said, chastising himself internally - obviously he had. Ianto hadn't seen anyone but fae since his arrival, until the barrier fell.

"Coffee? That's cute," he said, a smirk flickering on his face, though he arched an eyebrow at the unfamiliar names. Not knowing that Adam wasn't originally from Caido, he shook his head gently and itched at the stubble on his chin. "I've not heard of those places, sorry friend. But then this world is huge. I'm sure there are maps in the village - they might show you the way."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"..Yeah." Adam said, trying to smile to show he no longer was going to be a threat (or at least, as long as Ianto wasn't going to be). He wasn't normally so jumpy, but he also didn't usually have so much hope in his heart to be dashed if things went wrong.

Ianto not dismissing his destinations outright gave him a reason to smile further. Perhaps he really did have a chance of finding home, perhaps in a matter of weeks he could be on his horse again, bothering the guards and stealing riches, showing up drunk at Heidi's house...it seemed so wonderful it was like his old life was a fantasy.

"Village, huh? Sure hope it's a lick more exciting than that place." Adam gestured behind him with his thumb then closed the distance between him and Ianto, peering behind him into the forest. "Can you show me how to get there?"

adam
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
A threat? Ianto? If the fox had known that was what Adam was thinking he'd have been thoroughly amused. Ianto did not laugh in the face of danger - he ran from it. And he rarely looked back. Still, now that there was a smile where there had formerly been a gun, he was much more at ease and happy to talk.

"It is thoroughly excitin'. Though I'll be honest, I've never been in there, so I don't know what I'm missin'." He grinned, flashing the gold in his teeth, and shrugged. "Oh yes, of course I can show you," he said with a nod.

"I'm not going to, obviously. But I can!"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"You're missing a bunch of crappy squat buildings and boring people." Adam told him, wrinkling his nose as he looked back towards the Hallowed Grounds. He didn't rate much to the place. Sure, he'd met some alright folk back there, but none of them had excited him particularly, and the place itself seemed to be constructed purely out of grey and brown,

Ianto's oh-so-charming joke made him roll his eyes, but there was a smile on his face. "Yeah, obviously. But what could make it less obvious?" He took a couple of steps closer, looked Ianto up and down. "There's no money here, so I can't pay you, but you need any favours? Something stolen, someone taken out? Or...something more...personal." With his last words he flicked his eyes down to a very specific spot on Ianto's body then brought them back up with a lick of his lips.

There wasn't any shame when you were trying to get what you wanted.

adam
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
The squat buildings he could probably understand, but boring people? Ianto begged to differ, particularly when the majority of those people had been sorely missed. It wasn't nearly as exciting as Adam made it out to be when one was so thoroughly alone, divided from the rest of the world by a physical barrier. Worse still, that he hadn't even known they were there.

Ah, but his reverie was being interrupted by some outright flirtatious behaviour. Ianto folded his arms across his chest, tilting his head at Adam and smiling crookedly. "It's a deal you're after, eh?" he murmured, looking the other man up and down and deciding that he very much wouldn't kick him out of bed, given the choice.

However...

"Okay," he said. "I'll take you to the village. But you owe me. I'll call in a favour when I need one. Agreed?" He held out a hand to shake.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

It seemed his suggestion was taken seriously into consideration from the way Ianto looked him up and down with a smile, Adam returning the look and wiggling his eyebrows. "Yeah, a deal." He echoed, though thought: but if we can't reach one I have two guns and you don't know what they are. Hopefully it wouldn't have to come to that, though.

Coffee snaking around his neck he grinned as Ianto agreed. He lifted up his hand to spit in it then remembered Ludo's confusion at the gesture and just held it out to shake instead. "Agreed. I hope it's as good as you're building it up to be."

adam
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
"It's as good as and better, friend," Ianto assured him, smirking and reaching out to clasp his hand in the other man's. "Well, since I don't know what kind of a favour I'm after right now, I s'pose I'd better get on fulfilling my part of the bargain, eh?" He stepped back turning towards the Wildwood ever so slightly but not quite fully turning his back on the other man. (He wasn't stupid).

"A'right, keep up. It's a ways to go and I'll not slow down for you. I'm Ianto, by the way." Tipping the other man a wink, he turned away and quite promptly shifted into a small red fox, padding away through the long grasses and into the trees.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Alright Ianto, let's fucking g--holy fuck!" Adam jumped as the man before him suddenly became a fox, something that was a hell of a shock and stopped him from following right away. He hadn't become aware of Attuned yet, thought Ianto had casually performed black magic right in front of him before walking away.

Still, a guide was a guide. After his initial surprise he set off behind Ianto as quickly as he could, running with Coffee flying along beside him. Adventure, hopefully home, waited.

{end}

adam