The wee birdies sing and the wildflowers spring
For Eliza!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Яemi
you're every song that fills my mind

An explorer Remi was not. His only real encounter with anything of this sort was the one time he'd slipped beyond the Wall with Celosia and they'd found themselves in a curious garden-paradise. Instead of warming the cockles of his shattered heart, now that memory merely made him wince and think of the duchess with a lingering and sad fondness.

Ianto had explained that the Woods tended to spit out those who tried intentionally to delve into their depths, and though Remi did have a rough destination in mind, he kept his thoughts free and easy. A number of times however he did find himself back at the entrance of the Greatwood. Rather than be disappointed or frustrated, he merely shook his curled-head at the gnarled and imposing trees, offered them a shy and quiet laugh, and tried again.

Table base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Age: 60 | Height: 4’6” | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
Eliza

Eliza decided to take the day off of her normal activities. She left her bow and arrows at home and chose to instead just spend some quiet time alone in the Greatwood. After all, it wasn’t like she would be bothered by any of those pesky newcomers, right? Apparently, wrong.

She was stretching her wings, glad to be away from the Hollowed Grounds for a little while, and she came across someone vaguely recognizable. She knew that she had seen him with a baby in the festival thrown for Rae, but she didn’t recall his name. Did she even hear it? It wasn’t important.

He had kind eyes, tired but kind, and part of her felt some sort of sympathy for the man. Maybe not sympathy per se, but something like it. At the very least, he had a young one to return to, so she didn’t want him to be stuck in the Greatwood or be unable to find his way back home.

The girl flitted through the trees, touching ground every so often and kicking off into the air again. She landed on the ground for good then a little bit ahead of the curly-haired man, her wings relaxing to lay against her back. “It isn’t smart to come here all by yourself,” she chided with a small, mischievous grin. “Weren’t you at the festival for Rae?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Яemi

Not nearly as aware of his surroundings as he should have been, Eliza's sudden appearance took him more by surprise than it ought to have. He only caught the rustle of wings at the last moment, tugging his pale stare up towards the path ahead, rather than more or less at his feet where it had been.

"Ahh—" Remi said, humming a note of surprise, his melodically accented voice drifting about the sound and making it far more buoyant. "I have been told repeatedly that I am not a smart man." The alchemist countered back with a boyish and abashed sort of smile.

As she mentioned the festival, Remi crinkled his nose in an apologetic sort of gesture of remembrance and nodded. He had noticed the Fae then—or at least Aoife had—she'd been quite taken with her wings.

"Yes I was. I do not know much about Rae, but it seemed an interesting way to honour them." He added with an easy shrug and smile.

Table base by Sky!
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:
Eliza

Her scooped nose scrunched at the comment of his intellect, and she shook her head, long locks falling a bit in her face so she had to blow them up and away. She looked at the ground for a moment and scuffed at the dirt with her bare foot. “I think you’ve been told wrong,” she said, her wings lifting slightly.

“Interesting is one word for it,” she muttered. It wasn’t that she was against the festival or any kind of respect and acknowledgement of Rae, but she preferred to do it in the little ways. She went without shoes whenever possible, whistled with the birds when they sang, took seeds from flowers that had been plucked and planted them. She wasn’t a fan of the large celebrations because she felt one day per year was pretty meaningless if that’s all that’s acknowledged.

The girl looked him up and down and realized that she would probably have to get used to feeling small if these new people were going to be adventuring in the Greatwood. “I am Eliza,” she said, willingly giving her full first name for the first time to someone outside of the Fae.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Яemi

Remi laughed easily and shrugged his shoulders with a boyish sort of youthfulness. "Well I leave that to you to decide. I once thought they were wrong too...but here I am, walking alone." He replied with a crooked smile.

"I can only imagine that things have been...muddled? inside of the barrier. Like the game of speak-repeat I used to play as a child. Do you know it? A phrase is passed on over and over again and by the end of the game, it is completely different. I wonder if thoughts of Rae are like that. "

Unaware of what a privilege it was to know her name, Remi smiled readily in response. "Hello Eliza. I am Remi. I take it that you are one of the Fae? The people of this wood?" He asked politely, drawing the obvious conclusion from what Ianto had told him and given that the girl—woman?—before him was unlike anything he'd encountered thus far.

Table base by Sky!
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:
Eliza

Eliza gave him a tight-lipped grin, but decided not to speak on the comment. She was good at first impressions. Over fifty years of life tended to have that effect, but some would argue the opposite since she hadn’t been exposed to many outside of her own kind.

A sparkle came to her eyes when he described the game from his youth, and she wondered how it worked. If the phrase was passed from ear to ear, wouldn’t it remain the same? Unless someone deliberately changed it, but wouldn’t that too close to a lie? Her mind whirled with the possible technicalities of this game that Remi described, and she decided that she wanted to try it out sometime.

His question was very straightforward, and she decided to give him an equally straightforward answer. “I am,” she admitted, giving a short nod to him. She wasn’t going to give him much more information than that, but she almost wanted to dare him to try to ask. If nothing else, to see how bright these new people were.

Her wings spread fully and moved rapidly to show off her flight ability, lifting her a few inches off the ground before she returned to her solid footing. Very rarely did she show off any arrogance, as she felt it was rude to do, but a display as small as that wasn’t anything too bad.

“What are you?” She asked, an inquisitive expression overtaking her face. “And what are you doing all the way out here?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Яemi

A clever mind had Remi, but he was not so bold as to stare openly at Eliza much as he might have wanted to—in a strictly scientific sense of course. Wings were certainly a maker, but was Eliza simply short because? Or was it a trait? Similar considerations could be made given her youthful appearance. Without a larger sample size, Remi had little to go off of, as fascinated as he was.

Smiling widely at her display of athleticism, Remi extended his arms from his sides and they quickly became feathered and tawny. A feather downward beats though did absolutely nothing as the alchemist knew it would not, and his grin increased even more as his plumage disappeared. "I think you win." He added with an easy and open laugh.

"What am—oh." He said thoughtfully. "Here I believe I am called an Attuned? Though...Ludo cursed me and now I have the abilities of an Abandoned as well. I suppose I do not know what that makes me." Remi answered, wincing apologetically that he could not say more. Since only he and Ashe had this trait, no real name had been given to them. None that he knew of, that was.

"Ah. I was looking for red lichen? There are no real accounts within the Hollowed Grounds, but I supposed it must be near some sort of water, if it is the type of lichen I am thinking of."

With a mischievous grin, he tapped his lips playfully with a finger and cocked his head. "Now you would not know where I could find such a thing, would you?"

Table base by Sky!
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:
Eliza

An excited smile and gleam in her eye shone when feathers draped from Remi’s outstretched arms. She clapped her hands over her mouth. It wasn’t her first time meeting an Attuned, nor was it strange for someone to have the ability to turn into an animal. Hells, the Fae had that very ability, but it was one that she absolutely loved and was eager to gain for herself one day.

She tilted her head slightly at the mention of being an Abandoned as well. That was interesting. She hadn’t met anyone who was both before, but then again, she supposed a whole lot of interesting new experiences were waiting for her now that the Greatwoods were being flooded with people from behind the barrier.

At the mention of the red lichen, her brows lifted. She wrinkled her nose when Remi gave her the kind of mischievous grin that she gave to others. Not fair! He wasn’t supposed to give it to her!

Now, yes, she absolutely knew his question was directly towards the lichen, and yes, she absolutely knew where he could find them, but he hadn’t asked that, had he? Certainly not specifically! The Fae gave him a tight-lipped smile and shrugged dramatically. “Why, yes!” She chirped cheerfully. “There are many sources of water in these woods!” She cupped her hand to her ear as if telling him to listen, and they would just barely hear the sound of running water - a waterfall. “I’ll show you to that one, if you’d like?” Little did he know, it was the very place he would need to go.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Яemi

Tilting his head slightly to try and catch the sound, the alchemist smiled, in no way picking up on the nuances of what he'd—And Eliza—had said.

"I would very much like that." He agreed with a wide and boyish smile. With a flourishing he opened an arm as if suggesting that she ought to lead the way. Unlike his encounter with Ianto, for some reason Remi had thoughts that this beautiful girl might be anything other than what she appeared to be. So far though Ludo had only taken on forms of those Remi did in fact know—people he was close to—and perhaps that was justification enough to assume that even if Eliza could not necessarily be trusted fully yet, that she was at least who she said she was, or appeared to be.

Table base by Sky!
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:
Eliza

Eliza narrowed her eyes just barely at Remi when he agreed to her taking him to the waterfall. It seemed that he was not accustomed to the sly wording that the Fae used, and some part of her was nearly giddy at that realization. If he didn’t know to use specific wording, then she wouldn’t be obligated to give him the accurate answers. Not that she hadn’t so far, but another Fae might not have been as helpful!

She flashed a smile to him when he waved her ahead, and Eliza’s wings moved, lifting her as she darted towards the sound of the water. “This way!” She called back to him, glancing back every so often to make sure he was keeping up with her.

These woods were known for messing with outsiders, so she couldn’t let Remi lose sight of her without risking him getting lost. Then she would feel like she had to find him and it would just be so much more of a hassle than it had to be.

It wasn’t a long distance to reach the falls, and she stopped flying, standing on the edge and looking at the clear waterfall that almost seemed to bleed into a red pool of water.

She crouched on the ground, touching the damp dirt with her fingers, before she stood again and looked to find the man she was leading. “Here,” she announced with a proud smile. “The nearest water source.” Her brows lifted and a look of innocent - even though it wasn’t - inquiry crossed her face. “That is what you were looking for, right?”

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Яemi

She might have thought she was going at a reasonable pace, but she was fast. Still, cooped up in the guildhall with Aoife most of the time as he was, Remi was happy to give his muscles a reason to stretch and be used for something more than just bouncing an infant to sleep. The urge to take wing was strong, but without knowing particularly where he was going, it seemed a poor idea. And so he merely sprinted behind her, becoming more and more winded but somehow more and more pleased.

Breathlessly Remi came to a halt beside Eliza, breathing hard. His face was flushed but his grin was broad as he looked up at the massive waterfall. "Wow..." He managed as he tried to catch his breath. "I have never seen anything like this before." And he did not simply mean the way the water seemed to turned red at the basin; there were no waterfalls in Northaven nor any that he'd seen in all his wonderings. This was truly a new and strange experience.

Running a hand through curls slightly soppy with sweat, Remi glanced over at Eliza and shrugged. "If it has the lichen, I suppose it is." And indeed, the red of the water seemed to suggest it was. "Is it safe to touch? I can just...grab some?"

Table base by Sky!
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:
Eliza

She watched Remi look out breathlessly at the water, and a small grin tugged at her lips. She bounced shortly, lifting herself to her toes and falling back down again, rocking on her heels.

Eliza crouched down again near the water’s edge, her feet tucked underneath her, as she looked at the deep red that the lichen has turned the water. An amused look passed over her face, seeing his awe at the sight of the crimson-colored water. She wanted to know what he was thinking, but decided against poking at him for the information.

When he asked about the lichen… Well, Eliza had a decision to make. This man was ignorant to the ways of the Greatwoods, unaware of the dangers and the unpredictability that the mystical place harbored. That, plus his questions not being as direct as they should be when talking to a Fae, practically handed her the opportunity to mess with him on a silver platter, and gods, it was so tempting.

She took her bottom lip between the teeth and dropped her head, her hair falling to cover her face. “Remi,” she whined, drawing out the last syllable of his name and leaning her head back to look at him. “I have to teach you how to talk to Fae.” She giggled lightly, making a mental note to do so likely the next time that they saw each other.

Springing to her feet, she jumped into the air and flitted over the water, the air from her wings causing the water to ripple about as much as her airy footsteps on the water’s surface did. Of course she wasn’t actually walking on water, her wings supporting her in the air, but it was just something she enjoyed doing every now and then.

“Yes,” she said, grinning at him. “It is safe to touch, and yes, you can just grab some. Just don’t eat it.” She might have left out some technicalities and catches about the lichen, but hey, that wasn’t her problem. Besides, she gave him a doubtful look, which was her way of giving him the opportunity to check himself and ask the right questions before he just grabbed hold of the lichen.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Яemi

At the elongated way she seemed to whine his name, the alchemist turned abruptly to look at his companion, an expression of worry creasing his features. Had he insulted her somehow? Done something wrong here? Touched or looked what he shouldn't have?

As she revealed herself from behind the curtain of her own hair, he tilted his head slightly as she explained. Sort of.

"How to ...?" He repeated, confused. But then suddenly she was off, and with a marveled inhaled gasp of wonder, he watched the way she seemed to breeze across the surface of the water as if she were some sort of extension of it. And, for all the alchemist knew, she very well might be.

Kneeling down on the bank fully prepared to simply reach in and take a handful, Remi noticed the way Eliza seemed to peer curiously at him. Her look combined with her previous statement had him rocking back on his heels slightly, chewing thoughtfully at the inside of his lip. "Ahh...is there anything I should know before simply taking some?" He asked with a boyish and lopsided grin.

Table base by Sky!
Eliza Kross
Hunter

Change author:
Eliza

She liked Remi. That was something she wouldn’t dare admit to her people and even hesitated to admit to herself, but she did, and she didn’t care that he wasn’t a Fae. His boyish charm and curiosity captivated her and made her want to know more. Maybe he was the key to understanding these newcomers. If they were all like he was, perhaps it wouldn’t be such a bad thing after all.

Eliza tucked her hands beneath her back and grinned with a raised brow when he stopped himself from simply grabbing hold of the lichen.

Okay, so maybe he could have been a bit more specific with his question, as Fae were masters of the art of avoidance, but she knew that there was a fine line between dancing around questions playfully and just plainly being an asshole. Only because he was growing on her did she decide not to be an asshole.

“The lichen likes to make new friends,” she said, as though the lichen actually had a choice in the matter. “The problem is that they can be kinda clingy. Then, they end up spawning a whole bunch of new friends to form their own little cluster.” Wearing her playful grin, the Fae decided to drop the metaphor then. “It’s safe to touch, but it might be a bit of a chore to get off your skin. I would use something to pick it up, if it was me.”