[SE] Star-Crossed [Cont]
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"Someone's confident." she said with a slight smirk. But as she promised, she would withhold judgement about his in-progress barn house until she saw it. She couldn't imagine that there wouldn't be things she would notice that he had overlooked. Women were the caretakers and housekeepers after all, not to mention she had her own bias' about how things should be given her profession. But she hoped that it wasn't too much of a mess, knowing she would feel badly if it was. She didn't want any of them to be living in something that wasn't exactly habitable.

When Milly grabbed onto her leg she laughed and leaned forward to hug her as best she could at the awkward angle. "I missed you too, Milly!" she said with a smile. She really was a very sweet kid. Hearing Chris's question she glanced over at Emmett, wondering how much he would or would not reveal to them. But she was pleasantly surprised, glad he hadn't told them she was expecting yet. She smiled at Emmett as she straightened, feeling completely blissful for the first time in awhile. "It's good to be liked."
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
'Cause I'm just trying to be happy
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Yeah, well, I know my way around a buildin' project." Emmett smiled, grinning as he lifted up an arm and pretended to flex it. Of course, he'd never taken on anything so big as a full barn conversion, but he'd done a lot of things he hadn't tried before in the last few weeks. In some ways it seemed a tiny job compared to the years of maturing and child-raising he knew he had before him.

Both children were very happy to show Phoebe their Fiat Lux decorations and friends, take her around the places that meant the most to them. Emmett followed behind, happy to let them take over for a moment. As he watched her surrounded by little faces he wondered if this was to be his future, if this was what it would feel like in a year, two years, when he was a real father and not a big brother thrust into action.

If he'd enjoy it, or if the weight of his responsibilities would crush him.

It probably didn't bear thinking about when there was still so much to do. He took Phoebe's hand and tried to focus on the way her eyes reflected all the right kinds of light instead, how he was fortunate to have found her after he had been so lost.

~fin~
Emmett
It burns too bright
I think about my self a lot 'cause it's the only one I've got
I've earned this life
What have I done to earn this life?