[SE] You, and you, and nothing but you
For Rexanna <3
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
"Ah! A tent. Yes, a grand idea. It's romantic, isn't it? To be laying together under the stars, a new horizon at our feet." He loved the imagery in his mind, a light-punctured sky resting over a clearing in the woods, a fire casting warm orange light onto them as he played with Rexanna's hair, or she told him of something she knew. He did so love to listen to her speak.

Rexanna suggested he could make the map and Bastien laughed happily, entertaining the idea. "I have never made one before. But maybe! It shall be one made for decoration rather than function if I know myself, though." It would be hard to resist the temptation to decorate a map with an elaborate compass rose, little sea monsters in the water and swirling foliage in trees, details on mountains.

As she hugged him he leaned down to fully embrace her in his arms, pressed his face against her hair. "It will be the best time of our lives, I am sure." He stroked down her back, smiled as his heart rose up in his chest. He had not been so excited for something in a long time, not since his life back in Venice had been shiny and new.

But with Rexanna at his side, it all seemed thrilling somehow. Even just a day indoors. He kissed her temple and looked out onto the festival, hoping this might be the beginning of his memories of their travels together.
I am still waiting for the visions
Possession has yet to take hold of me
We all want to burn on a pyre
So tell me what kind of witch are you
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
in the haze of hell i have dreamt
that you'd lift this wing and see,
that you are my first wound —
Rexanna bobbed her head in agreement to his answer about bringing a tent. There would likely be enough cloud cover from the treetops, provided the forest stretched on, but she was riding on the fact that she’d prefer not to have a giant raindrop hit her in the forehead in the middle of the night regardless. “It will be amazing.” She said softly, wondering and imagining all the things they’d be able to see for the first time. Most of her excitement was in regards to not being chained, stuck in one place, and even though she had her freedom here, she still wasn’t entirely free. But Bastien understood that, her need to flight, and wouldn’t keep her in a cage if she chose to explore.

Even better, he’d be there at her side.

She settled in as he laughed happily, after she suggested he’d make the map, and she was happy that he seemed to truly be considering it. But as he spoke of the decorating, she snorted in response and scrunched her nose in a small bright laugh. “Together.” She paused, dipping her head to the side in a small “I’ll keep you on track” moment. “You decorate, I can get the basics. Think of it as teamwork.” She offered, shrugging her shoulders lightly and chuckling softly at the idea. Obviously, when it came to making maps and art pieces, the decorating was the truly fun part.

But they embraced tightly, and she grew all too excited for what came next. And at least, with Bastien, there was never a dull moment. Everything was a new adventure, a new experience, overriding the worst things she’d experienced for a life full of love and excitement and the dangers of adventure. Even if Bastien cared for her so intently, he’d still not deny her the ability to be herself and learn and explore. And that was all she could really ask for.

As he kissed her temple, she closed her eyes briefly as she leaned into him and listened to the music of the festival and committing it to memory.
and that long ago,
in some distant past, with open eyes
i kissed you till it bled.