[se] the albatross
for Mel <3
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 11 - Strg: 37 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 37 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3109
Whether I'm gonna curse you out or
Take you back to my house
Having covered her face somewhat, not because she thought they were going to crash or anything, Flora too shakes off the falling flakes as the Skyship comes to a shockingly gentle halt.

"Ew is absolutely right." The Doubletake agrees; though she'd never been unlucky enough to walk in on the pair, she'd heard them through various walls over the years and gods if that hadn't scarred her in ways she didn't want to talk about.

Flora should have expected a bit of fuckery from Melita, but that didn't mean the snowball didn't come as a complete surprise. Striking the queen squarely in the chest, for a moment all she could do was look down at the white imprint of snow on her jacket with confusion and then mischief. "Oh, so it's like that huh?" Grinning, Flora pulls her signature move and twists the ring on her finger rendering her invisible.

Sure, Melita would be able to see her marks in the snow, but fuck it. Reaching for a mitten-full of snow herself, the Doubletake let it fly toward the Honeybee before jumping ship onto the snowbank below.
flora
I haven't decided yet
But I'm gonna get you back

Table by the bestest Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 27 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 63 - Dext: 64 - Endr: 64 - Luck: 63 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5929
I've done nothing wrong
Except for all the atrocities
Hey, two could play at that game!

She snickered as Flora turned invisible, watching her dissipate completely until there were marks in the snow, footprints layering into the powder. Snow hit her right upside the head (don’t worry, it didn’t hurt anything), raining down through her hair and down along her cheeks in a rampant chill; she laughed, already bemused as they began their trek towards the town and stupidity.

So Melita in turn became intangible as well, flickering into the abilities Ludo had christened her with. Much like Flora, she’d suffer from the main issue of still being tracked due to the tracks; but opted to try and match the Accepted’s, stepping into them to follow along.

What would give her away was the massive snowball she created and launched at Flora’s back.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Glancing over her shoulder and seeing not a damn thing but fucking snow, the Doubletake froze in place, her aqua gaze shifting across the barren landscape. "Wh—!" She called as if it wasn't fair for Melita to turn invisible as well, but before she could, she was pummeled with another snowball.

"HEY!" Laughing, this time as Flora reaches down, she doesn't make a snowball but instead tries to spray a wave of snow upward from her mittened hands to try and reveal where Melita was. No doubt the Honeybee would see this coming from a mile off, but it was better than just chucking snowballs at thin air and hoping for the best.

Or maybe it wasn't, but whatever.
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 27 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Ah, well shit.

Her cleverness could only work for so long, as following the tracks and paths had led to another hit, which she took with a gleeful giggle. That also meant she was thoroughly distracted with her own brilliance and less focused upon a rebuttal. The wave of snow coasted over her like a veil or cloak, and she sputtered quickly, spitting some out. “Fiiiiine,” she uttered, going back to her usual form when the invisibility didn’t seem to be working out the way she wanted. Not now, anyway.

Presuming Flora’s location based on tracks and nothing else, she created more barrages, tucking the snowballs neatly under her arm while she fired them off rapidly, hoping to catch the Doubletake at some point.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"HA!" Flora's victory was short-lived, as not only did Melita appear, but appeared with an armful of snowballs "WH—" Stumbling backwards, no doubt the Honeybee would see Flora's tracks become a good deal less graceful as a puff of surprised air left her lips in a cloud of cold air.

As the first balls were thrown, the queen's silhouette became visible just as she'd done to Melita, only quickly that silhouette crumpled as Flora fell laughing into the snow. Unable to recall the last time she'd been allowed to just properly have fun, the Doubletake turned the ring on her finger to reveal her laughing face so Melita wouldn't think that she'd hit the queen with a chunk of rock. "Okay okay, you win!" Holding up her hands in surrender, and to show she wasn't holding any snowballs, Flora continued to laugh until her cheeks were rosy red and the sides of her stomach began to ache.

"I'm not sure what I even thought, trying to out-trick Ludo's demi."
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Her face became overly smug the moment there was an outline of Flora falling backwards into the snow – and reappeared again, surrendering soon after. It was good to hear the Queen laugh regardless; something real, not foreign or pressed upon for political machinations or bar associations. Maybe they all needed a little more humor.

Relinquishing the hold she’d had on the last snowballs, she watched Sila and Fangorn cavort about in the powder before turning back to the Doubletake. “Eh, don’t worry. Happens more often than you think,” with some manner of self-deprecation, considering the tournament and all. Leaving that behind, she grabbed hold of her sweater from inside the skyboat. “We need to do anything else before we head in?” Her jutted jaw suggested the markers of King’s End nearby, but she couldn’t recall any additional errands – unless they needed to snag something else for regional stuff.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Maybe they all just needed a little more fuckery; not the violet kind, though.

"What, like someone taking a cheap shot and killing you?" Flora wonders, her grin broad and crooked. Knowing only what Sunjata had told her about Sah and having taking an immediate dislike to the man after he'd waltzed over and stolen her mother away from she and the Flood, that he'd also literally killed Melita was reason enough to hate him purely on principle. "As if that counts."

Quite ready to give her head a shake and declare that they should just head right toward the House of Midnight, Flora found herself halted in her tracks. "Oh, yeah we should probably grab something for the quest." Glancing around at the fields of snow, the Doubletake crinkled her nose. I'd say more daisies like last time, but...do you think any of them are still alive, beneath all of this?"
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
“Yeah, weird huh,” she muttered instead, wondering how long it would take for her to no longer be bitter, or if Sah was just another rancorous edge in a line of her resentments. “I’ll beat his ass some other time,” came along in reassurance, probably more for herself than anyone else.

Melita had been hoping Flora would do exactly as she imagined, but alas, there were duties to be upheld and shit like that. Wrinkling her nose, the Honeybee dug around in the boat again, snagging at some gloves and pondering over the newest problem. “Bet I could have Sila set a bunch of the snow on fire.” It’d melt…then they could see what was underneath, right? Or also burnt to a crisp. Reaching around, she grabbed hold of a basket too. “Could use this to put it in,” for now, until they zipped it back to Torchline.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"I mean, it's worth a try? And if not maybe there's some growing in the Refuge...?' Having no idea if void-shit was kept out of the Refuge or not, it was either that, wait a season, or try and lure some weird unicorns back with them.

Go-go gadget dragon "Maybe they're super hardy under there. It honestly wouldn't surprise me." The queen adds with a shrug as she kicks at a bit of snow. With how rampant the spread of the void flora had been and how hard it was to kill, if Silas revealed an entire thriving field of void daisies beneath them, the Doubletake wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow. She'd have been glad for it, in fact, if only because they could check that bit of collection off of their to-do list.
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
The slight agreement was enough for Melita to shrug her shoulders, and let the beast loose. Sila, for all her shyness, had grown over the seasons into something resembling a young, confident dragon (most of the time) and the moment the Honeybee summoned for her prowess, the bronze beast’s eyes widened, and she took off for the sky; though only hovering slightly above the rest of them. “All right, do your thing!” The smuggler announced, because she didn’t have a cool command for it, and she snagged hold of Fangorn in her arms, ensuring he was safe and sound.

Not that Sila would lose control, but fire was fire. As the companion sprang into action, the modest infernos spread from her mouth and over the snow, melting and evaporating the powder quickly, efficiently. By the time she’d done several yards of thawing, it was clear some void plants had been completely destroyed (oops), but the hardier ones, three of them, still managed, springing from the ground as if completely unbothered and unmoved by the entire thing.

With a single nod, the dragon ceased her dominion, and they could begin again.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Standing back, Flora watched the entire ordeal with only slightly bated breath. There was far too much snow around for things to go too badly wrong with Silas (then again, with Melita as a trickster demi, anything was possible), and even if they weren't able to find anything still alive beneath the snow, Flora had still had an excellent journey with the Honeybee. "Nice!" She trilled enthusiastically, flashing a smile towards the bronze dragon as the daisies were revealed beneath the snow. "Hardy fuckers, huh?" Normally that was a bad thing, but for the moment, Flora wasn't mad at all.

With the ground softened somewhat thanks to the sudden flare of heat, as Flora sank down next to the daisies, she was able to paw away the top layer of soil without much effort. Given her mittened hands and the chill setting into her fingers, she didn't bother trying to be too careful with things, and instead began digging in earnest until the majority of the roots were exposed. "I mean, if it can survive the cold, surely it can survive this too." She muttered of her less than delicate tactics.

"Basket?"
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Now, normally if fire and Melita were involved, shit would go downhill rapidly (for others anyway; the Honeybee would be amused regardless), but this had an efficient plan and steadfast purpose. Rather than just…setting shit ablaze.

Anyway.

As Sila landed and preened at the praise, Melita nodded and snagged at the basket, following after Flora as she began to dig. They’d done this same little thing before, and in no time at all, the earth had segmented away from the permafrost, and they’d be able to clear the patch of flower and soil into the basket. “Truly, I just hope it all fucks off soon,” which they both knew wouldn’t happen – not without some other means of intervention. “Did Hadama tell you about all the elements that were tried at Seren’s little meeting thing?” Or that they’d been interrupted by the Family themselves? Or that Noah had almost blown them all up, had it not been for Remi?

Staring down at the mass of shithead flowers, the youth nodded and dragged the basket closer, eager to dump the contaminated bullshit in. “When you’re ready,” then Flora could take the other side, and they’d be all set.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Yeah." Flora agrees, doubtfully, but genuinely just the same. "Sometimes I wonder how it's all gonna go, y'know?" Were the Family just going to keep encroaching over everything like a giant purple cloud until everything was covered in their darkness? Was there going to be a single altercation as there had been with the war, or a number of smaller battles to be waged and won? "Yeah, my dads told me." The expression on her face is one of what the actual fuck, and not just because of the bit of Starfall that Seren happened to have in her possession. "Still like being a demigod?" The Doubletake teases with a cackle.

Trying to pack the bottom of the plants with as much snow as possible—both to keep them mildly hydrated but also so that Flora didn't have to touch them—she yeeted them gracelessly into Melita's basket with a hrrmphh.

"Okay, let's go to Sunny's. I'm done with this." Flora declares once the basket is full of snow and void flowers.

~FIN
flora
I haven't decided yet