I keep dancing on my own
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

One of the tricky things about having a baby was...well, having it. Though he had rigged up a rough harness/saddle so that Aoife could ride upon Isla, he didn't trust it enough to fully let her far out of his sight. Even tethered to the unicorn as she was—a unicorn who could heal should things go sideways—still Remi was cautious. And so as couples took to the field to dance, Remi found himself tapping his foot along with the music safely from the sidelines.

We could dance too, you know. Isla said nudging his shoulder with her muzzle. No stranger to his mind, she could feel tangibly the way that the alchemist's soul simply longed for something simple and freeing. "But all the jostling...I do not know if the harness will hold her?" Remi murmured back. With an impatient stomp, Isla tossed her head. You would hold her Remi. Your arms aren't broken, even if other parts of you are The unicorn quipped back with equal parts sympathy and tough love.

Grinning, Remi nodded. And so, taking Aoife out of the saddle and holding her against him, the alchemist, the star-eyed baby, and the once-human unicorn proceeded into the field and like the strange trio they were, began to dance.

REMI
Traded my soul to free my mind, "can I go back to being blind?"
I ask myself one too many times
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
With the festival came freedom, and Melita clung to it with every fiber of her being. She pranced and lingered on the sidelines, scouring through food stalls and games, until even those couldn’t contain her bountiful energy, and she was off again, racing amidst the opulence and finery. Her eyes passed waving banners and sun emblems, breathed, relished in the essence of the sun, the glow of warmth, the passing of the haunting decibels, the outcries, the mayhem, the distinction of horror on the horizon. The omens had been enough – she’d learned and understood all over again – tarnished and segmented back into reality.

But now it was enough to taste the horizon and skip along the cobblestones, scooping Fangorn into her arms, clutching him to her chest (ignoring the warning growls). She took in every sight, every sound, enamored and chaotic, before finally riveting her gaze upon the dancing area; cleared out to occupy groups and couples with their sweeping turns and fine waltzes. The music was a fine, melodic beat, and with little encouragement or hesitation, the girl and her companion proceeded along the floor – her feet cut a cute little jig, and she spun, holding Fangorn out into the wild wind she’d begun whipping up, the pumpkin gourd’s face altering through obvious delight but then transforming to abject fear. It seemed to depend on the current and the speed; she changed her course immediately, giggling with all the delight and ether of a lissome savage finally invited out into the fray.

On one of her twisting revolutions, she noticed Remi, though not alone, clustered with a child and unicorn (and the temptation to touch, to reach out, was incredibly strong – immediately enamored with the keen edge of horn and fine hairs of her coat). Thankfully her hands were occupied by her gourd partner, but she called out as she passed by in a ripple of bedlam movement and motion. “Happy Fiat Lux, Remi!”
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

For the most part, Remi's eyes were focused on the back of Aoife's head as he spun her in merry (but easy) circles. Isla pranced much more dexterously than any regular mare might have done, her limbs raising and falling in a dance that would have made any dressage pony insanely jealous. But then, as horses will, she bucked and flailed, head thrust in unsteady directions, horn nearly touching the soil as she kicked her hind-legs to the sky.

"Had I known you were that limber in life.." Remi said with a laugh, before a blur of coppery girls and a spinning gourd suddenly entered his field of view.

"You too Melita!" He called with a laugh that was far more cheerful than he would have expected. A social creature by nature, not even Remi could keep his hardened heart buried beneath his anguish forever much as sometimes it felt like he wanted to. "And...foghorn, was it?" He asked, memory far too full of the care of a newborn to have properly remembered the bitey pumpkin's name.

REMI
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
She spun and ricocheted, a dancing preamble to manifestations of infernos and munitions, because the steps were light, but the intonations savage, no clear, tangible movements other than ethereal bounces and nefarious ministrations. Her motivations were strictly unleashing all the restless iniquities and antics stored within her limbs, a freeing, liberation balance borne from chaos and embers, an incensed, kindled speck of a girl growing into her fiery foundations. Fangorn might not have enjoyed the process, if his growls and hissed were anything to indicate, but she was barely able to hear his malicious torrents over the warbling crowd, the high-strung music, or the pure mayhem lacquered to her feet. At the very least, she kept him lowered, until finally he was tucked into her arms as they coiled around merrily, making a wider arc around Remi and his crew.

“Very impressive!” She called out to his unicorn dancing partner as she sported some breathtaking airs above the ground – the girl was half-tempted to copy some of them, and sported a few leaps and twirls of her own, red locks flying in the wind. At Remi’s call of Foghorn, Melita relished in a great, loud chuckle, and her gourd companion squawked out some indignant retort – but since she couldn’t understand any sense of pumpkin language, it was left by the wayside, without a retort behind it. A collective ramble of shouts followed, her bright, winsome smile hastening once more. “Fangorn,” she giggled.  “How have you been?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi watched with an amused expression coloured with wonder as Melita lithely leaped around, looking as nimble as a fawn in the brilliant afternoon light. Isla stopped to watch too, pebble-blue eyes sparkly with warmth. For a moment Remi's heart twanged sadly, seeing through the unicorn the woman she was once and imaging Isla's long golden curls bouncing as Melita's had done, the vibrancy of their blue gazes nearly the same.

"Ah! My sincere apologies." Remi laughed, a hand over his heart and an expression of soft apology on his lips as he bowed deeply to the gourd. "Fangorn" He repeated, though his accent made it sound more like fang-ghorn.

Remi's smile slipped slightly as she asked how he'd been. How? His bestfriend had died, he'd adopted his child, he lived alone with a baby and a dragon, the man he'd been seeing at decided he wasn't worth loving and opted to forget everything about him.

Oh, and the barrier was down, so that was a thing.

"Ahh..I have been better. Worse too though." He added with a hasty smile, shrugging his shoulders boyishly. "And you?"

REMI
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
“He’ll get over it!” She laughed while Fangorn continued to hold his ridiculous growl and scoff, deliberately pouting as she managed to leap closer and closer to Remi’s inner circle again. She had every intention of studying the unicorn, a ridiculous amount of curiosity stored in her rapacious, voracious mind, but didn’t comment, didn’t reach out to stroke mane, tail, or horn, simply impressed by the nature, by the majesty, of the noble figure. Before she seemed to be appear too nosy or engrossed though, she sauntered back off, her dance partner hissing, continually perturbed by her antics.

The youth did see Remi’s smile fade a bit – perhaps her question had been too much, or the world had dipped and swayed again, brought forth too many angles and alterations, changes made bestial instead of beneficent. Been better, but hadn’t they all been? Hadn’t there been a time when they didn’t suffer? Hadn’t there been a time when they weren’t war-torn and weary, haggard and ragged? Wasn’t this the collection of moments where they should’ve been breathing in peace and repose, the birth of another year? Remi shrugged and she frowned, brows furrowing on her next twirl and turn, wondering how she was supposed to make things right. “I’ve been training!” She visibly brightened, a solar flare, a bright speck in the sky, illuminated and radiant with the energy, with the exuberance, to scale any wall or tackle any foe.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

The boyish ease of years of practice, Remi's smile reappeared as if from behind a cloud. Extending a hand meant for Melita should she take it, she'd find him an easy and willing dance partner; with hands warm and strong that were confident in their movements, but that unlike many other men, did not seek to caress or squeeze, wander or push boundaries. Instead he'd twirl her at her own whim, frolicking at her side whit each step.

"Training?" The alchemist repeated, a look of feigned confusion on his face as he comically exaggerated the creasing of his brows, raising one higher than the other in the paradigm of one who has lost the plot. "Training...to see how long you can hold your breath? How fast you can grow your hair?" He asked with playful sincerity. "How many dragons you can control at once?"

REMI
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
She laughed and laughed, boisterous and rowdy, the kind of explosive, mercurial whims cascading from her as they once had in Helovia – a child of the desert and sun, dragon calls in her throat. She took his extended hand and twirled along its grasp, bending and twisting, tucking Fangorn into her chest so he wouldn’t have to continue experiencing full, outright terror. She frolicked at the end of Remi's line, like a tether, like a rope, spinning in tight loops and springing steps, her giggles contagious, silly, and ridiculous. She breathed in the essence of jubilation and free spirit, closed her eyes for a second just to simmer and sink into the breeze caressing along her face, and when she opened them again, she simply saw his comical confusion.

It was play and jest, and she took hold of the game too, varnished its lacquer upon herself with grace and ease. “Yes – I shall be the pumpkin and gourd Amazon, renowned for her ability to harness such wild, vicious beasts!” She chuckled again, high and prosperous, before bewitching her smile to the outer world, staring at the open, wide plain with its music, with its gaiety, with its frivolous junctures desperately clinging to those refrains of hope and folly. “To become stronger,” she added, a little quieter, arched brows and defiance in her gaze as she swung it back to him, almost daring him to say it wasn’t meant to be. You’ll see she could’ve howled, but let the roar simmer before it became a necessity, sidestepping again in a beatific circle.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

With a stage-gasp, Remi's pale eyes wide and bright, the alchemist tried to reel Melita in and dip her if possible, shock and awe writ clearly on his features. "Ah! I have heard stories of such Amazons!" He breathed, voice reverent as he raised Melita back to her original vertical position. "I hope only that I stay in your good graces so that I never fall victim to your terrible wrath!"

With a laugh that slowly faded into a deep sigh, his gaze perhaps growing a shade softer and more subdued. For a moment he did regard her, but not for the reasons she likely thought. Having been gay in an extremely sexist and repressed society, the alchemist was more than sympathetic to the plights of women and would never deny any the opportunity to seek out what they wanted. So it was that the sadness in Remi's gaze was not caused by Melita's desires, but that the need had even arisen in the first place.

"Let me know if I can help." He offered, voice low and sincere, before boyishly his expression was broken by a smile. "I am a might beast after all and would be a worthy opponent for an Amazon like yourself."

REMI
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
A play, a jest, a stage for them to act upon pretenses and silliness was exactly what she craved, what she required, after LongNight and even darker days before, dipping, twirling, laughing, strung along by Remi’s careful arts and foils. “Oh, tread cautiously!” She giggled again, lively, wild, and uproarious, glorified in her element of ridiculous natures and diverting amusements. “We gourd Amazons are very quick to anger!” She pretended to have the ill humor moments thereafter, a furrowed brow, a sharp clicking of teeth, a hiss, a growl, before falling away to more light laughter and wonder, returning to her original position, standing along the ground.

She didn’t expect him to soften just when the skit had started, and she regarded him gently too, as if the rest of the lines and gestures had already siphoned off. Her head tilted, examining him fully, pondering what she’d said to draw the sighs, the slight bout of sadness, wrinkling her nose slightly before he proffered assistance.

Let me know if I can help came again, all these people coming together to offer her guidance. She didn’t understand how they kept arriving in droves, so utterly willing to give her what she craved – some guidance, some wisdom, some enduring strength for when she went to conquer the rest of her demons. Like a greedy little serpent, she took them all, incapable of understanding how and why she inspired such radiance, such beneficence, such compassion, but she’d give it back tenfold. Somehow. Someway. “I would consider training with a mighty beast any day,” she winked, so eternally grateful for him and the myriad of others who lent her their sagacity. Her smile was beautiful and incandescent again, and she twirled at the end of his grasp once more. “Thank you. Please tell me if there’s anything I can do for you.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Her tempests of anger were met with appropriate fear and quivering on the part of the alchemist. At one point he let feathers furl up his arms and into his curls as if he meant to take off into the air. Appearances though, such as they were, could be deceiving, and Remi didn't doubt for an instant that there was a kernel of truth in each of those expressions.

With a bright grin that was soon swamped by long and shiny feline-teeth, Remi chuckled—a much throatier sound, indeed like a lion might make—before laughing. "It is a date. Or..a duel? A spar? Whatever it is—" Letting her twirl out to the end of his reach, he flashed Melita another smile. "—I look forward to it."

Just then Aoife began to squawk, apparently bored of all of this nonsense. Ceasing her prancing Isla craned her neck about to nose at the infant who bopped her indignantly in the muzzle. With a sigh, Remi let Melita's hand go and reached for Aoife. "If you know of any who translates baby, I would appreciate that." He replied with a good natured chuckle.

REMI
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
The girl laughed as the tuft of feathers unfurled their way up his arm, appropriately charmed and amused by the alterations. “I wasn’t aware you had any other forms!” She was dazzled and amazed; but the intonations could have slid in various directions and intervals – they all partook in alternating sides of coins and complexities. There was more to Remi than just the majestic lion. There was more to Melita than the dancing, rambunctious imp.

Their date/spar pinpointed and determined, she flashed another wide, winsome grin of her own, complete with a wink. She had a lot to look forward to – on the path to greatness and triumph, simmering in her bones, in her flesh, in her blood, to breathe and take, to scald and sear, to simmer and pick apart those who’d dared to underestimate or snag something, someone from her. “So do I!” She raised her eyebrows in a series of teasing, upward motions, then giggled again, spiraling and twirling, on the edge of potency and potential.

The child, however, was a different matter entirely; no longer amused by any antics going on around her. The dancing ceased when Aoife’s screeching materialized, and Melita inched closer, always a bit cautious and curious with infants. Truth be told, rarely had she been granted the opportunity to gain access to any; she’d been quite young herself when her world came crashing down, and she hadn’t presumed any occupying time in the Rift had made anyone want to procreate – the realm had been too harsh, too unrelenting. A babe would’ve been a sitting duck, an easy meal. She stayed nearby, wavering and uncertain, but still there, a smile on her face. “Unfortunately, I don’t.” She couldn't speak baby, but she could certainly speak juvenile and impish frivolities. Would the little one want to play a game? Her sister had enjoyed amusements and diversions when they were tiny. Melita proceeded, advanced, until she was quite close to the youth, before finally placing her hands over her face, as if she’d disappeared. A moment later, she lifted her palms and made a radiant face, as if she were glowing and resplendent, reappearing into the refrains.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"I have a third as well, though you will have to best me in a duel to find it out!" That wasn't true of course for Remi wasn't particularly hidden about his shifts (or anything, really), but it was part of the game and the alchemist was pleased to play along.

Looking up into the copper-ringed face of Melita, for a moment Aoife was indeed soothed. She watched with large star-lit eyes as Melita for all intents and purposes did disappear behind her hands and when she reappeared? A tentative smile broke out across Aoife's chubby features...but it was not to last. Quickly the small smile turned to a wail, and large crocodile tears began to race down her rosy cheeks.

With an adoring smile, Remi scooped the girl up, nestling her against his chest where she beat her tiny fists against him. "I fear only food will calm this savage beast." He said with a grin directed at Melita even as his eyes were downcast towards the tiny and furious ball of uncommunicative energy in his arms. "I suppose our challenge will have to wait another day. But we are at the Monster Hunter's guild should you ever want to come by for a visit."

REMI
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
What must it be like – to have endless, unlimited powers? Melita had always wondered but never truly asked; she’d been the girl with no magic to her name, but every ounce of determination squeezed into her frame. Perhaps it wasn’t the enchantments and invocations that mattered (though she’d dearly enjoy savoring their intricacies and intentions; she had no doubt), but what they did with them, how they helped, how they protected, how they sizzled and triumphed. While she didn’t contain those gifts herself, she did everything to the best of her own ability – the girl beckoned training and potency with each and every fiber to her lungs, to her heart, to her mind; and eventually, she’d become something. “Well, we’ll see when the time comes!” She winked then too, eager and fervent, always ready.

Her heart soared too when little Aoife seemed briefly enchanted, and the honeybee girl thought she’d done something right despite all her inexperience, ignorance, and ineptitude in life – laughing at the starlit gaze, at the little smile peeking out from behind rainclouds and sorrows, and then it was gone. In a flash, the moment dissipated into stormy turbulence, wailing, a howl to eclipse all other howls. The youth winced and backed away, thinking she’d been the cause. But Remi, apparently akin to anything Aoife could dish out, merely scooped her up and admitted she was merely hungry. “That’s all right,” she visibly brightened, more sunshine in the face of future, foretold promises. It was another invitation extended to the Monster Hunter’s guild, and she still didn’t know what to do with all these bestowals anointed and consecrated to her being – she probably didn’t deserve them. She nodded in agreement anyway, curls bouncing and twirling, as the dancing ended and reality ensued. “Of course.” Melita took her cue; and waved goodbye to both, twirling in amidst the rest of the world, Fangorn tucked at her side – the day already grander than when it first began.