Don't Pin it All On Me
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
Bastien did not seek Lucas out immediately.  Rexanna's health was more important than getting his revenge right away, but as she grew in strength his determination to get back at Lucas for hurting her in the first place increased too. It was so careless - he did not find anger in him from a source of jealousy but rather disbelief someone could make her feel so vulnerable then just leave her laying bloody on the ground.

On the first night when he felt comfortable leaving her he did not return to his own home.  He knew with the recent fall of the barrier many people would soon go travelling; the thought of Lucas going off into the world representing his guild,  not knowing what he had done... he could not leave it.

Coming to the door of where he knew Lucas was staying, he thumped on the door three times with the side of his fist, the sound echoing through the quiet night time street.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Lucas had absolutely no idea what he had done, truthfully.

In the haze of poison and a body that was almost determined to malfunction to the point of his demise, with fluid congealing in his veins and his sight blurred at best, Lucas remembered only the sweet relief of offered medicine. Whose it was or how much he had taken or why was an afterthought.

True, when he'd come to and found Rexanna all but cuddled up to him, maybe that should have given him a clue, but then the Spire happened and the Voice broke free and the barrier popped... forgive a devil his bad memory, won't you?

So when the thump at his door came, Lucas was altogether curious (only Wessex tended to call on him), opening up to find Bastien standing there. Lucas was shirtless and held a book loosely in his fingertips, and he offered an amicable and sly smile before stepping aside to let the other man in.

"I didn't realise you paid house calls."

LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bastien
As soon as the door was opened Bastien stormed in and slammed the door shut behind him, ignoring Lucas' amiable greeting and going right away to rush forward and try to pin the other man against the wall with one forearm, practically growling at him with a sneer.

"This is not a house call and you are on thin ice with me, friend." His voice bore a bitter and sharp edge unusual for Bastien, his accent thick as his anger took over. When he looked at Lucas he no longer saw the friend and guildmember he had seen before but a careless bastard that had hurt the person most important to him.

"You had better have a fantastic explanation for the way you left Rexanna, or we are going to have a problem." What the problem would actually entail he wasn't sure about, but he wasn't afraid to throw a few punches.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Given Bastien's quite obvious ire, the growl in his voice and the venom on his lips, Lucas was remarkably calm. True, it was a bit of an inconvenience to find his door slammed and his back against the wall - surprise had allowed him to be pinned quite easily - but as the other man snarled his anger, the other Ascended could only raise an eyebrow at him. Which, to be fair, was probably infuriating all by itself.

"Thin ice, huh," he drawled, unable not to find it funny. Bastien had never seemed the type to give in to anger. This was interesting. "How I left... oh, outside the Spire? Well, as explanations go I think mine is quite fantastic. I was poisoned. Dying. Starving. It was instinct, not choice. And then the Spire opened and... well. Our goddess is more important than your crush."

LUCAS

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
Bastien heard the humour in Lucas' voice, saw it in his stupid smug expression. It only made him press harder, eyes hard as steel watching as he tried to make it through listening to Lucas without punching him across the face. Instinct? Nearly spitting the words Bastien leaned in close: "I love her, you idiot, and if your instinct is to nearly kill someone for your own gain..."

He was painfully aware of the silence that would have previously been filled with their breaths. For the first time he wondered if his choice to ascend was the right one, but...no, it was. It was just bastardi like Lucas that ruined it.

But despite his passion, he had never been one for extended violence. He wrenched his arm away and glared at Lucas. "You are no longer welcome at my Artist's Sanctuary."
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

"My instinct is to stay alive for as long as I can on this speck of dirt," Lucas countered, and whilst there was still amusement in his expression, his eyes had hardened considerably. Bastien glared at him and Lucas glared right back, not appreciating the high-and-mighty tone or the suggestion that the other man might do something about it. When Bastien finally pulled his arm away he stepped up from the wall, smoothing out his clothes as though he had all the time in the world.

Scoffing, he arched an eyebrow at his fellow Ascended. "Does Rexanna know you are here? Did your beloved demand my blood for my misdeeds? Or has your ego brought you to my door, Bastien, because you were off frolicking elsewhere whilst she came to the Spire?"

LUCAS

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
Bastien had once considered himself someone willing to do anything to survive, someone willing to scrap for themselves and claw his way to victory, but he realised as he looked at Lucas that there were some things he could never do. His types of harm had always been financial, emotional; perhaps not less serious but nothing that would kill another human being. The words coming from the demon's mouth did not convince him at all.

"So what if it has? Ego or not you deserve to be questioned for what you have done. She could have died. Does that mean nothing to you? The sun shines from that woman. There are few people so wonderful in this place." He shook his head. "I...will not actually hurt you. It seems pointless when neither of us can truly feel pain. But you had better stay away from the both of us. Do you understand?"
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

Bastien's conscience might well be something he found himself glad to possess, but rest assured there was no such thing hidden away within the Ascended that stood before him. Lucas crossed his arms over his chest, shrugging his shoulders. "We could have all died down there in the Spire. She approached willingly - I didn't force her." He scoffed. And if the sun does indeed shine from her so, you ought to be careful you don't sizzle up."

He couldn't not sneer at the other man's tone, seeming mildly amused and just a little perturbed by what he was hearing. Stay away from the both of us, he said, having barged into Lucas's home. Still, he let out an exaggerated sigh and swept into a bow. "Your wish is my command, padrone," he drawled. "I sincerely hope you do not darken my doorway again, and accidentally cause me to renege on this promise." Code for get out, clearly.

LUCAS

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
"She came willingly and you left her that way? My God. I knew you told me you were the devil but you couldn't even leave her sat up? Mostro depravato." Bastien only just held himself back from spitting at Lucas' feet, liking to think himself usually more civilised than that.

Lucas clearly wanted him to leave and Bastien was not going to argue. He looked him up and down with a disgusted noise once more then turned on his heels to leave, slamming the door behind him. Just to spite Lucas he made the sign of the cross at the house then stormed down the street, unsure if he was satisfied with the meeting or not.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

If Bastien thought that the act of not leaving Rexanna sitting up was worse than being the devil, he had a lot to teach the boy about his preferences and his capabilities. Not tonight, though. No, he had quite enough to bubble over in his head for the time being, offering the other Ascended a rather biting smile that promised nothing good at the expression of disgust on the artist’s face.

So this was how it would be, then. Scoffing at the figure of Bastien through the windows making his spiteful little sign, Lucas chuckled and rolled his eyes. Game on, then.

{END}

LUCAS