{RQ} Snowstars
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Age: 21 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8362
Soleil
I wanna be a word you say at night
I wanna be a feeling you know you can't fight
It's perhaps a little bold to be looking for a more dangerous void-variant than ferns and daisies, but with Deimos at her side Soleil feels it's warranted. She doesn't know anyone stronger than him (especially since she's never met any of the demigods) and Halo had gone wild when they'd found out he'd won the Torchline Tournament, so why can't she test both the proverbial and literal waters?

The Stonesong is gorgeous. Soleil mourns that the Greatwood has been largely taken over by the infection because she hasn't had the chance to explore it and now she doubts she will be able to for a long time. Standing on the bank, she peers out into its tumultuous surface, craning back and forth like a curly-haired giraffe. "So how much help am I really going to be here?" Turning over her shoulder, she gives him a cheeky grin, spirits mostly restored after a heart-to-heart with her dad. "I can be bait?" And if they can't find any river stars, the shadowy edges of the trees will surely have vipers they can hunt instead.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 75 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5929
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
If he were with any others, save perhaps his family, Deimos would’ve cut a cross, taciturn, and sullen figure. Just barely home only to leave again had placed enough irritation in the back of his mind to ward away several animals intending to meander in their direction – spinning away at the colossal nuances of his irritation. But because it was Soleil, and she was bright and airy, and clearly altered since their last meeting, he could breathe somewhat of a relief, but only just so.

Especially since she was offering to be bait.

“I do not typically allow my constituents to be lures,” he noted, with the vaguest grin. There would’ve been other individuals he would have easily sent in to be decoys and enticements, and let the rest of the world pursue them in a snare; but the Accepted wasn’t one of those. His gaze drifted along the Stonesong, altered again from the last time he, Remi, and Ronin had been here, purple and decrepit and threatening, before his eyes went back to her. He nearly asked her if she was all right and doing better now, and saved the notions behind his teeth instead. “We may want to find a plant instead.” And from there he began to walk along the bank, Belial high above them and patrolling the river, while he glanced amongst and amidst the ferns lining the shore.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Age: 21 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Soleil
His grin may be vague, but Soleil has trained to spot it, and her answering grin is positively impish. "You said typically though. That means there's a chance!" If she's convincing enough, perhaps. Though Deimos is so protective - which is a virtue and all that, technically - that it might be a moot point, no matter how strong she makes her puppy eyes.

She doesn't even get a chance to try them out before he's proposing an easier (boring) alternative, and Soleil shamelessly tosses her head back and groans dramatically. It echoes satisfyingly down the river. "That's not nearly as fun! Aren't you a Monster Hunter?" Sol tries to pin him with a stare, but her cheeks swell beneath glinting, humored eyes, giving away her goading immediately.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
“Only with those I do not like,” he punctured in return, tracing over roots and leaf litter, listening to Belial’s excited trill above as he scouted. There were a few he could readily name to go slithering in front and not be bothered at all if some siege began. If they happened to be assaulted and slaughtered in the midst, then so be it. Soleil was not one of those, and if she heard the vague compliment in there, all the more power to her prowess. The puppy eyes were ignored, regardless.

He'd rather listen to her dramatics than the morose and haunted mood she’d been in before, but she could probably hear the way his eyes rolled in response. “Some plants are more dangerous,” and he shrugged, not biting into the bait. The Sword had long since learned over which battles to pick. “We have to keep it alive,” as a reminder that this portion of the task wasn’t meant to be for oblivion and upheaval.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace

Age: 4 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If you ended up a little too close to the water, you’ll see some encantados in the distance – who, of course, are curious little things, and simply can’t help themselves! And so they dash over, eager to make your acquaintance –

And splash you, full force.

They’re not sorry.

You’ve encountered an Encantado. This counts as an uncommon creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements.

Encantados (uncommon): A bright pink species of dolphin that are as mischevious as they are helpful. With water magic and the ability to both create and soothe storms, these blush-coloured creatures can help or hinder on a whim.

Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Change author:
Soleil
“I’ve never been so disappointed to be liked,” she bemoans, the last word trailing outward in a whine that means little when paired with the smile on her face. Maybe she trusts his expertise too much, but she privately thinks being bait wouldn’t be too dangerous if he was overseeing it. Spoilsport.

The encantados seem to agree that the Halovians should be trawling the depths of the river instead, and even the way they douse her can’t change Soleil’s mind (because brrrr okay she didn’t think about the cold part) though it does make her yelp and laugh as she goes jogging back to Deimos’ side. She wasn’t scared straight by the ice bath, she’s just being obedient is all. 

“I guess plants are easier to keep alive. Marginally.” Amber eyes cast toward Diana, whose white coat marks her visibly against the grey rocks and drab beach. Soleil kills nearly every plant she touches, but Diana is clearly fine, so in her mind riverstars must be easier to capture. “Toward the trees then?” Already moving away from the water, Sol starts peering at the greenery immediately, beckoning Diana back to her so they can work together to find something suitably infected but also vegetative.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The sudden emergence of the encantados, along with their mischievous glint, was enough to spark a round of laughter from him – even as he was doused. “See? Imagine trying to carry one of those home.” As the creatures disappeared with a few hoots of their own, Belial came rushing in, too little too late, and Deimos could only shake his head. Some droplets cascaded from his furs, landing upon the strange world that once had been so familiar, and they carried on – though he snorted once more at her reply, but didn’t dignify it with anything other than that.

Nodding at the ventures towards the outline of trees, the formidable dread and apprehension began to curl into his ribs again. Ordinarily, this might not have been an uncommon occurrence, given who he was and the unfortunate wakes of the world he’d encountered upon multitudes; but these sentiments were not his own. Instead, they were manifested amongst the litter of pine and oak, and his eyes settled upon different portions several feet from them. “Looks like we have choices,” and he wrinkled his nose, pointing towards the darkened silhouettes of ferns (along with their discomforting echoes), and the daisies clustered nearby thereafter. Readying a glass container and holding it out towards the Accepted, he waited for her notions. “Which one would you prefer?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Change author:
Soleil
Soleil concedes the difficulty of the notion with a grin, though if he'd allowed it she certainly would have figured out a way to do it. As Belial dives eagerly for a prize that's long gone, Soleil snickers in appreciation and is immediately pinned with an unimpressed stare from her own companion as Diana returns to her side. Party pooper; she better hope Soleil didn't inherit her father's luck or she'll end up bonding with another companion who will certainly be less straightlaced - and therefore drive Diana mad.

A decisive individual, Soleil quickly looks over the options and immediately points toward the daisies. "Those ones, they're easier to fit in a jar." The ferns would need to be coaxed, shoved, or bundled, and that sounds like an easy way to accidentally touch it to her. Approaching with more caution than she would normally display, Soleil singles out a daisy that marks the outer area of the cluster but isn't bordered by other void plants. "That one is probably easiest to grab. Should we use shovels, or am I on supervisor duty while you...?" Soleil wiggles her fingers toward him with a grin, which obviously means 'magic'. Behind her, Diana huffs a noise that sounds impressively like an aggrieved sigh to come from canine vocal chords. Tough crowd.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
There was a mental image of her lugging around a dolphin over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes, and he had to stifle a round of laughter at the absurdity. While he might’ve paid decent money to see it, there were still too many things to do, and he wasn’t often a fan of wasting time; not when there were so many other looming priorities.

While Belial pouted and streamlined over the river, their attentions were prompted to the heart of the matter – and his eyes pinpointed back to the void-infested daisies selected for the outing. “I trust your supervising duties,” he gave over with a grin; mostly because he had no intentions of the nasty plants touching her, and it might’ve been easier to simply use incantations to rid themselves of any impending plights. “You can hold the jar steady,” he teased with the lightest wrinkle to his nose, before honing in on concentrated efforts.

The earthen wares surged through his veins and yielded control to the roots underneath, causing them to snag and unfurl and be lifted between Air enchantments and the mastered bombardments. Though the daisies were sure to protest, he didn’t care at all; ignoring their harsh sentiments and waiting until Soleil was ready.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Change author:
Soleil
Stifled is not silent, and Soleil preens dramatically at her success, smile a beaming streak of white across her face. She hopes the streak of victory will continue symbolically into their harvesting efforts, because that smile dwindles - though it never dies - as they focus in on their chosen specimen. It's unnerving to be around even without stepping into its radius of effect. Gods but Soleil thinks they're creepy.

Snapping to attention readily - heels clicking and everything - Soleil nods energetically in a cloud of dark curls and thrusts the jar out as far as her arms can reach. Holding as still as she possibly can (though she doubts Deimos needs her to) Soleil watches as he lifts one of the daisies into the air without so much as twitching an eye. Yeah, she definitely doesn't need to do much. Hah!

"A little further my way," she instructs anyway as she holds the jar out, eyeing the lip of the top so that it can go in easily without crushing or cutting any of the roots she can see poking out of the clod of soil attached to the bottom.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
With the experience of already plucking away at the roots of multitudes now, Deimos was careful not to inflict any magic too close to the section of noxious blooms. Instead, it all meandered underneath, loosely pulling and tugging until freedom and liberation were snagged, and then he could snort and shake his head at Soleil’s direction. But he followed the notions, granting regular control and ease over Air and Earth, until it could descend easily into the waiting jar.

From there, she’d be able to cap it, and they’d be set before any other pending doom struck down upon them.

“Ready to go?” he insisted; calling for Belial across the bond of companions. There was no doubt in his mind that Soleil would be the type to gladly wander further into the void’s midst, but there’d be no need of it for today – they had their success.

{FIN <3}
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace