Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KILLIAN
So Caido's gods warred and took prisoners and involved the mortals in all of it much like his did. He'd always sort of resented the gods, which was ironic seeing as he was blessed by one. His bond with the sun goddess was strong, but that didn't keep him from spiting the effects that her holy dealings had on him and his people. Anyhow, it was nice to know that gods were generally the same in every world.

Phoebe returned to his side soon, with a towel to dry off. Honestly, the fact that he was covered in puddle water was a little embarrassing. Ouch. He took it with a warm smile, and a "Thanks," and pulled it over his shoulders to dry his shirt. His eyes followed Pheebs as she put a kettle on the stove, and listened attentively as she answered his question. She explained further the state of the settlement, he nodded along but stopped when she mentioned monsters.

"What kind of monsters?" he asked, curiosity brimming in his voice. Monsters weren't something he had back home, and though he knew that the word usually implied beasts and demons, he was more intrigued than afraid.

Killian scowled when she said she wasn't that important, noticing the blush in her cheeks. He moved to lean next to the stove where she was picking a tea to brew, "Uh, you're kind of awesome, don't know which Phoebe you know and I just met you so I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure nobody who makes tea for random losers they find in the woods could be anything less than important." He might've been flirting a little, but also it was just his personality. Either way, he did like Phoebe.

Her answer to his last question was what he'd expected, but not what he'd hoped. He gave an attempt at a smile in response, but it was solemn, and he cast his gaze to the floor. Killian would miss a lot about his home, but mostly his mother. The last thing he'd said to her, ironically so, was goodbye. But he hadn't meant forever. Is there really anyway to say goodbye to someone forever, even if you do know it's your last time seeing them? He would've tried, but now he never could. And for all she knew of him, he was still out in those fields, playing another dangerous game with the reign of his nation. She would still be expecting him home.

He had to not think about that, he had to push Regne du Jour and his old life from every corner of his mind. This was his life now. Tea, and ruined settlements, and monsters and barriers. And freedom. Here had no responsibilities, nowhere to be and no one to fight. This was a fresh start, away from the title of heir to the goddess. He was just Killian now, and that at least was a good thing.

whatever and ever, amen
oh well, maybe not, let’s try again
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
Phoebe smiled a bit. ”You’re quite welcome.” she said, moving back to the pot which was starting to whistle. As she pulled it off, she reached into her cupboard and pulled down a cup, placing the tea bag in it before pouring the steaming water over it.

”Well, there are some dangerous creatures here. Though…the worst of them come out during Long Night.” she said quietly, with a small frown. Her eyes seemed to glaze over a bit, not with tears but a sort of distant look of one with far too many not fond memories. ”Long Night is a week of total darkness in the middle of Deepfrost. Everyone barricades themselves inside, and monsters roam the streets, pretending to be innocent victims or friends to lure you out. I’ve only ever seen one…and it looked like a twisted version of my brother in his bull shift.” she said quietly.

”Do you take milk or sugar in your tea?” she asked, rather automatically.

Her cheeks flared red again at his compliment. Awesome? Her? Hardly. ”Making tea doesn’t make me important or awesome. I know what it is like to appear here randomly and…well I just try to help. It’s just what I do. Doesn’t make me worth notice.” she said with a small smile, bringing him his tea however it was he liked prepared. But she could see the distant look in his eyes, having a good feeling about the sort of thoughts that might have been running through his head. ”It gets easier every day. You’ll make friends, and find your place. Like I said, there are quite a few of us Outlanders. We will help you get your footing, and not all of the Naturals are opposed to our presence.” she said to assure him.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Phoebe described the monsters with an almost distant look, as if revisiting somewhere unpleasant. She described something called Longnight, which sounded to him like the plot of a cruel bedtime story, but apparently in this world was real. He wondered how many things he could've only imagined, would come to life before him in this world.

The midwife asked whether he wanted milk or sugar in his tea, Killian replied, "Sugar, lots of sugar." Thank the goddess they had sugar here, it was Killian's favorite food group.

Killian's playful compliment was once again met with modesty. He chuckled a little and replied, "Well, whatever you call it, I appreciate it." If not for her, he'd still be wandering the woods covered in puddle water. Instead, he was in her clinic with a towel and tea on the way.

Once again, Phoebe seemed to know exactly what he was thinking, and she gently addressed his concerns. He looked up from the floor, holding the tea in one hand and the grabbing the towel around his shoulders with the other. Her words were encouraging, but he really just needed some time to process everything. He pulled the tea to his lips, tipping it slowly to test it. Hot, but not too, and very sweet. It warmed him from the inside as it went down his throat.

"I believe you, I just need to think by myself, for a little bit. Is there anywhere I could go and just like sit?" he asked.

whatever and ever, amen
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
phoebe
Lots of sugar huh? She couldn't help a little smirk as she loaded the tea up. So much for those calming effects. He would be wound up for days probably. But if that was what he wanted, then that's what he wouls get. "I'm glad and happy to help." he said with a small smile.

"Oh sure. There is an Oasis that's really pretty." she said with a small smile. "And you can take one of the beds here until you get on your feet." she said. Plenty of people had used the clinic as a sort of halfway house after all. Killian was just one more in a long line of newcomers needing a place to stay.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Phoebe offered for him to stay in the clinic for a little while, and Killian smiled, "I would love that, thanks." He said, an oasis sounded perfect. Granted they might have different ideas of what an Oasis was, but Kiki assumed that at least it would be a relaxing place to spend time thinking.

He pushed off of the edge he was leaning on, and placed a hand on his hip as he took another sip of the tea. He glanced around the clinic once more, before his honey brown eyes fell back on Phoebe. "So where is this oasis?" he asked.

whatever and ever, amen
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe smiled a little and nodded, gesturing to the little bedrooms separated by curtains near the back. "You can take whichever of those suits your fancy." she said with a small nod. Each one had a made up bed, a small chair, and bedside table. Really, it was just a sleeping space, nothing terribly fancy.

The blonde gave him the directions he would need to get out to the Oasis, glad to have helped him even a little bit. It made her feel good to be useful, even if it was for someone she didn't know. But Killian seemed nice, and obviously needed the help. The transition would be hard but if his current disposition was his usual one, she doubted it would be long before he had many friends.