Raindrops keep falling on my head
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
m a e a
here comes the sun
smiling down

It was raining. Had been for almost two days now, and the world was saturated with the sound of running water. Maea could smell it, taste it, feel it fall against her skin and in a strange way, against her magical senses too. Like tiny taps against her mind by diminutive fingers... It was a new feeling, something she had never felt before, and she pondered it quietly from where she sat beneath a tree, wrapped up in black rags and with sheep grazing like stray clouds around her.

It wouldn't really be too strange if she had awakened to a new ability. Most of the abandoned possessed more than one skill, and she had thought it strange that all she could do was move things around. Compared to Rexanna's fireworks, Peter's creation or Rory's fire it wasn't much, but Maea had been content with that. She didn't need the magic, hadn't desired the power it could bring... and after speaking to Ludo the had been determined to only use her gifts when it was absolutely necessary, and wouldn't harm anyone.

The dying scream of a giant tortoise had been the source of the second amendment.

But now she could feel the pull of water against her mind, and Maea felt conflicted. On one hand It could easily be ignored, in the same way she ignored the discomfort of being wet or how the water slowly runneled down her scalp, to further rampen her already soaked hair. On the other, ignoring her growing powers could be dangerous. Both to herself and others... and that she couldn't permit.

Chewing her bottom lip, the girl wished there was someone to talk to about it. The gods came to mind, but she had bothered them so often lately, been answered so frequently... she didn't wish to be a nuisance. And there was the risk of encountering The Voice again, something she would like to avoid.

Maea sighed.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
The rain had been fun at first. Peter had come from a desert, where the rain had come in short, infrequent bursts. There, this would have been a godsend, a miracle so rare he would have spent the entire time in the rain. But here, the rain came often, and Peter had only stood in it one time before deciding it was as too cold, and too wet, and retreating indoors to avoid the damp every opportunity. This storm though, seemed intent on testing him, and it was winning. By the end of the first day Peter had reached his limit, and resolved to leave the next day, rain or not. After all, Maea was went out in rain or shine, and she seemed fine.

That resolution was how Peter found himself outside now, his many layers clinging to him and making his walk more of a slog. He had been hoping that by following a forest path, he would somehow be kept drier. Apprently not. The meandering trail he was on seemed to double back on itself as often as it went forward. It felt like a wonder Peter reached anything at all, let alone the glade, but he was glad to see it.

Peter would have been happy just to be in the glade itself, at least it was a place he knew somewhat, but he smiled brightly when he saw he wasn’t alone in the trees. Maea, and her sheep, had beaten him here. With the smile glued to his face, despite his drenched appearance, Peter came to stand beside her just as a sigh heaved from her. For a beat, Peter stood still, then all at once curled down into a crouch beside her, hisnknees ahaiant his chest and his face turned towards her, as if silently asking permission to speak.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
m a e a
here comes the sun
smiling down

A ghost sidled up to her, quiet and smiling. Maea looked at her gentle shadow of a friend, smiling back as Peter hunched down beside her, the look in his eyes uncannily similar to the dog when she unpacked lunch.

"I see you braved the wet outside after all. I recall saying you wouldn't melt..  Can I say 'I told you so'?"

She teased him gently, glad for the company; it was a welcome distraction from her own thoughts. Frost too appreciated the addition; the white shepherd came trundling up to them with tail wagging, a bedraggled cloud reeking of wet fur that poked her cold nose into the young mans face, begging for pets and kisses.  

"Is everything alright? I haven't seen you much lately..."

Largely it was her own fault, as she had too much work to do. She left early in the morning, arrived home late every day and dragged herself through chores before collapsing into bed... Food was often forgotten and conversation kept to a bare minimum. Maea felt bad, but hoped it wouldn't stay like this forever.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
A huff of what might have been laughter, or a very short sigh, escaped Peter, a blush colouring his cheeks as he looked down. ”I think maybe... I melted just a... just a little bit.” He pointed out, pulling at his rain soaked layers. ”You can still say it if you wa-*ah*!” His words were cut off by the sudden intrusion of a cold nose against his face, Peters hands coming up to both pet Frost and pull her face away from his.

With more genuine laughter on his lips, Peter moved to sit properly beside Maea, the sodden ground barely registering in the face of how wet he was already. He managed to coax the wet dog to sit nicely beside him as well, a hand still wrapped in her fur to keep her happy.

”I’m... I’m alright.” Peter confirmed, wide blue gaze focused on his pale companion again. ”I don’t wanna um... bother you, or... or be in the way, when you’re busy.” Honestly, the quiet companionship he’d shared with Maea had been refreshing, so unlike anything else he’d known. She had asked almost nothing of him, and while he helped out where he could, Peter felt he didn’t do enough to near make up for what she’d done for him. Perhaps that what was spurred his next, stumbling words.

”Are you... alright? You... you seem...” Peter gestured with his free hand, grasping for a word he wasn’t even sure he knew. ”I can... help, um, maybe, or... or just listen, if you want.” He tried to smile after the words, tried to pretend like he didn’t feel dumb for offering. What else could he give though, other than his... companionship?
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good