[SE] Take the words for what they are
For Alys
Elizabeth Fraiser
Mental/Physical/Electrical Therapist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 550
I can survive well enough on my own
Elizabeth barely noticed the reemerging morning that signified the beginning of Flowerbirth. After enjoying the festivities and delicacies of the square, she'd opted for a quieter area where she could read and research to pass Longnight. Per usual, the sanctuary of books and knowledge had called to her. 

After gathering a few thick tomes, looking for references of Skyfall and Void crystals, she'd settled into a recess by the trickling waterway, letting the soft bubble of its current sharpen her focus. However, despite the determination and diligent attention, nothing even remotely helpful appeared. It didn't help that the voice invaded her mind once more with another broadcast. So after hours of digging and scribbling notes in her journal, Elizabeth decided that she needed a break. 

She pushed aside the dense reading material and followed the water through the shelves. Her soft pink cardigan had her sticking out in the rows of dusty books that she was tempted to run her hands over. The vitality in her steps added contrast to the ailing shuffles of ancient scholars wasting away in their alcoves. If she didn't do something soon, she would end up just a hollow-eyed as the rest of these people. The thought made her shiver and she quickened her pace. Maybe cleansing her pallet with some light-hearted romance would help strengthen her mind.
Elizabeth
if given the proper reading material
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3260
Alys
As much as Alys loved her home in King's End, she'd grown restless over the past months she'd spent tending to the house and building up her shop. Now that she'd trained a competent assistant, however, it freed up some of her time in which she could begin to travel again. Not, of course, that she'd thought that she'd end up back in the Hollowed Grounds - but this was where one of Tal's deliveries had taken them, and so she had decided to make the best of things and explore the Inner Quarter of what used to be her home.

The Atheneum was just as she remembered it, quiet but for the steady trickle of water throughout the space, and filled with tomes upon tomes of information in a variety of languages. When Alys was younger, she had spent a great deal of time in the Atheneum, much to her parents' chagrin. They'd wanted her to take up the mantle of merchant and take over their business one day. She, however, had had other plans. Even now, years later, she had no regrets.

The broadcast took her by surprise as she roamed the stacks of books, and she paused with a frown as she considered - not for the first time - the implications of the message. The Family - whatever and whoever they were - had clearly decided that Caido was theirs for the taking. What that meant for the average person, like herself, had yet to be revealed, but if the Void creatures that had begun to infest the land were any indication... well, it couldn't be coincidence that they'd all appeared at once, now, could it?

For some reason, she hadn't really expected to see anyone else in the Atheneum, and so when she rounded a corner and nearly ran into a stranger, she let out a soft squeak of surprise. "Oh!" she exclaimed, hurriedly sidestepping to avoid a collision. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."
I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Elizabeth Fraiser

Age: 22 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Her gaze was glued to the book spines, not paying attention to her surroundings, so when a surprised shout sounded next to her, she nearly came out of her skin. Elizabeth threw a hand to her chest to slow her racing heart before looking to the other woman. The books were forgotten momentarily at the opportunity to meet a new person and she shook her head to deny any fault. "No no. Please don't apologize. I wasn't watching where I was going. The clouds around my head must be so thick that you can't see me!" She chuckled lightly, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear and waving her hand as if to ward off the fluffy white objects. Her mom had always made it a point to physically dispel the distractions of her overactive mind, shifting the air around her head dramatically and fussing about 'too many books.'

Her smile was warm and inviting, happy to see someone even close to her age. "I honestly wasn't expecting to see anyone other than the stuffy old men in here." Elizabeth gestured to the multitude of shelves filled with tomes upon tomes of almost any topic imaginable. "Are you a fellow bibliophile?" Not wanting to appear too eager or overbearing, she made sure to give the woman space in the aisle to make an escape should she desire. Most people didn't come to the Atheneum to talk, after all, however, she was always excited to chat with anyone available.
Elizabeth
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
The young woman was perky and cheerful, and Alys found herself smiling in spite of herself. The seer had once been a rather prickly sort, surly and difficult to get to know. But ever since leaving the Grounds and learning how to make friends, she'd become altogether softer and more inviting. She laughed alongside her new companion as the woman commented about clouds around her head, shaking her own ruefully. "It's a wonder we can see anything in here, between the two of us," she agreed lightly, tucking an errant curl behind an ear.

At the comment about stuffy old men, Alys wrinkled her nose thoughtfully. Truth be told, that was just the sort of person that could usually be found here, if her memory served her well, and the fact that they had each managed to run into another woman of approximately the same age was a bit of a surprise.

"I used to be," she replied to the woman's question. "I rarely have the opportunity to browse a collection like this, these days. I live in King's End, and while I do love it there, it's a bit lacking in books. But I grew up here, and my parents always had to hunt me down among the aisles when it was time to go home." She paused, glancing around to see what section they were in. "Are you looking for anything in particular? I'd be happy to help you find something - unless they've reorganized recently. Then I'm afraid I won't be much help at all."
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:
She tried to stifle her laughs with a hand, not wanting to disturb the other patrons' studies. Obviously, they had very similar tendencies. 

The idea that someone used to be a bibliophile was a strange idea that she couldn't grasp, however, hiding in libraries as a kid was definitely something she understood. Her parents always knew to follow the scent of paper to find her with her head in the clouds and nose in a book. Cocking her head, she chuckled and gestured to the fantasy books nearby. "Kind of? I was just looking for a light romance book since I haven't been able to find anything on 'Void crystals.' I needed a little break." Elizabeth knew how crazy it sounded, but she didn't see any harm in mentioning the topic of her vision. It might actually help her find something. 

Putting out her hand, she smiled politely. "I'm Elizabeth, by the way. Pleasure to meet you. Once a bibliophile, always a bibliophile. And we've got to stick together." She winked.
Elizabeth
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Alys listened, nodding along as the stranger mentioned taking a break from research. That was something she could understand, although mention of 'Void crystals' had her tilting her head to one side with a frown. "I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to look for Void crystals," she admitted, though she didn't like how they sounded one bit, if they were related at all to the flora and fauna that had been infecting Caido of late. "But romance should be just around the corner, unless they've moved things."

Then the stranger was introducing herself, and Alys took her hand with a smile. "Alys," she said by way of introduction. "It's nice to meet you, Elizabeth." Then she turned to lead the way to the romance section - which, fortunately, was still where it had been last time she'd visited the Atheneum. She'd tried a few romance novels when she was younger, but they'd never piqued her interest much. She'd spent much more time exploring various tomes on mythology and culture. Still, she didn't begrudge Elizabeth her tastes.

"So... are Void crystals related to the plants and animals that have been appearing, do you think?"
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:
Looking around the corner to the romance section, Elizabeth gave Alys a smile after their introductions. "Thanks, Alys. Sometimes I'd rather read about idyllic relationships than face the problems of the world." She thought about how many times she'd fallen in love with the characters, wishing she could meet them in real life. 

Elizabeth held up a single finger. "Not Void Crystals. Void Crystal. One. And I'm not sure." Knowing how crazy it sounds, she leaned against the bookshelf and crossed her arms, looking at Alys. "I had a vision along with a few other people. I've only met one of them so far, but we agreed that there were... figures shifting within this massive crystal located within Starfall." She recalled her conversation with Tal and how the man seemed set on storming the place while she leaned more into the realistic plan of not. "It's probably related to the Void flora and fauna, given its purple tint and the recent increase in Void activity, although I didn't see any in the vision." A shake of her head disrupted her hair and she tucked it back behind her ear. "I didn't know if other crystals had appeared elsewhere in the history of the world." Chuckling, she shrugged her shoulders with a smile. "It was a long shot but I didn't know what else to do."
Elizabeth
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Elizabeth's reasoning for wanting a romance was similar to those that Alys had heard before. After all, who wouldn't want to escape reality for a little while, particularly when things were as tense and anxious as they seemed to be in Caido at present? It was enough to make Alys think twice about her book preferences. Besides, now that she was actually in a relationship, she had to wonder if perhaps she'd be able to learn something from a romance novel. After all, Tal had turned out to be quite the romantic, and the seer often felt as though she wasn't giving enough in their relationship to match. She began to peruse the tomes nearby, pulling one out every now and then to glance at a cover, but ultimately not selecting any. Perhaps she could ask Elizabeth for recommendations - though she wasn't sure she knew the woman well enough to do so quite yet.

Alys paused as Elizabeth launched into an explanation about a Void Crystal, turning to focus her attention on her new friend. A small frown creased her brow as she considered the new information. As a seer, she was all too used to visions and premonitions, though this sounded perhaps a bit more dire than most of her own predictions. She bit her lip as she thought, her gaze far away as she began to run through possible books and sources that might hold information that could help and, after a moment, having to admit that she came up blank. "I wish I could help," she said ruefully. "I must say, your vision doesn't sound particularly reassuring, if the Void flora and fauna are anything to go by."
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:
Noticing Alys's shifting attention to the books, Elizabeth pulled a personal favorite that she recognized on the shelf. The royal blue cover was dusty, but she could make out the title 'Pursuit of Happiness' in gilded text. With a smile, she offered it to the woman. "You might like this one. It follows a strong-willed maiden who is forced to rely on the kindness of a stranger to get home. His pure, determined pursuit of her is a swoon-worthy slow burn. It had me wanting to marry him by the end." She remembered staying up all night to finish the book, clutching it in her arms as she finally settled into a dream filled with romantic actions and flowery words of love. Her parents couldn't get her focused for a week. It now sat on her shelf, worn with frequent attention.

The fact that the woman didn't scoff or roll her eyes in disbelief at her vision was a good sign, while also concerning. If people were so certain of the culpability of the Void that they easily believed a giant Void crystal was brewing, how destructive would the 'hatching' of these figures be to Caido? Perhaps Tal had been right about his feelings that it was 'evil.' Filing the thoughts away for later, she gave Alys a grimacing glance. "I agree. Just be cautious and keep your eyes open." The warning went without saying, but she stressed it nonetheless. People could never be too careful these days.
Elizabeth
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Elizabeth pulled a book from the shelf - something with a blue cover and faded gold text - and offered it to Alys, who took it gratefully. "Thank you," she said with a self-conscious smile. "I was always more interested in history and mythology than romance - although I suppose there's a fair bit of it tucked away in the mythology," she added with a laugh. "But I could never find a romance novel that spoke to me. I'll be glad to try this one." She wondered what Tal would make of seeing her curled up with something like this. It was out of character for her, after all.

But the subject could only stay lighthearted for so long before shifting to the sinister, and Alys nodded solemnly at Elizabeth's warning. She remembered her first encounter with the Void flora, which had nearly killed Tal, Alys, and their companions. It was only through her partner's quick thinking to channel for divine aid that had saved them. Alys had suffered nightmares for weeks after that, fearing that worse was yet to come - and, as it turned out, it appeared that she was right.

"You said that others had this vision?" she asked, tilting her head to one side. "I wonder if there was any rhyme or reason to who received it. Those strange broadcasts seem to affect everyone, but I've had no visions. Perhaps there's some kind of clue in who saw what you did."
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:
History and mythology still intrigued Elizabeth. She was willing to read whatever she could get her hands on, but a good romance on occasion helped her to reset the relationship-oriented portion of her brain so that she could better help others. It also gave her all the fuzzy feelings that came with love and perfect partnership. She just hoped to experience it in real life at some point. Until then, she was happy to share her love for the genre with anyone who would listen. Elizabeth smiled at Alys. "Let me know if you like that one and I can recommend another. No hard feelings if it's not your thing though." People had a right to their own opinions and hobbies, after all. 

On the topic of the Void Crystal vision, she rested her head back against the shelf to think. "Yes. I met one of them, Talyson, but he said that he recognized a bunch of the other people." She considered the list of names she'd written into her notebook and what he'd described of them. "There didn't appear to be any reason for who was present. We're all different races, positions of power, regions, and any other demographic you can think of." If there had been a pattern, maybe they could have figured out why they'd been privy to this information. Or maybe it was just completely random, like they'd been drawn from a barrel.
Elizabeth
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Alys offered a small, shy smile as she tucked the romance beneath one arm. "I'll be sure to let you know how I get on," she assured the other woman. It would be nice to have someone to talk to about books, and to pass on recommendations and whatnot. It had been some time since she'd had that - if she ever had. Honestly, most of her friendships revolved around other things, and if she thought back to her childhood... well, no one had particularly wanted to befriend the Abandoned with an obsession with the occult.

Tal's name had Alys blinking in surprise. "Oh!" she said, warming further to the young woman in spite of herself. "Tal's my partner. I'll have to ask him who all was there." But as for the theory that perhaps there had been a reason for who was selected, it seemed that Elizabeth had already considered the options, and Alys deflated slightly. "Perhaps whoever or whatever sent the vision wanted as many people to know as possible?" she mused aloud. "If the selection of recipients was that varied, then it stands to reason that you all run in different circles. So maybe there's something to gain for someone from having the vision shared."
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:
"Wow! What a small world!" The common connection had her smiling even brighter. Even though she and Tal hadn't exactly seen eye to eye on the Void Crystal issue, she had liked the man. His polite mannerisms and sincerity were hard to find in this cold society filled with swindlers and cutthroats. It was reassuring to know that people like him still existed. And if he had chosen Alys as his partner, her opinion of the woman had raised even higher. 

Elizabeth considered Aly's words, tilting her head in thought. "I could see that making sense. Although then it makes me wonder why they didn't just show everyone. If that voice can broadcast into our heads, why can't whoever sent the vision?" She immediately understood that there could be power limitations or other reasons, but it still made her wonder about who might have had the power to send them to begin with. Chuckling lightly, she shook her head. "I guess my role is to just spread the word like some harbinger of end times." It was a depressing thought, but with her current abilities, she didn't think she could physically make much of a difference.
Elizabeth