i felt her like a premonition
Thorn! <3
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 11 - Strg: 37 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 37 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
MP: 3109
flora

The maze had looked considerably easier to navigate from the sky. No doubt Flora wasn't the first person to have underestimated the hedge maze, but unlike the majority of them, she had a get-home-free card up her sleeve. Or rather, she had a compass in the back pocket of her jeans, but it amounted to the same.

Singing under her breath if only to drown out the silence that the hedges seemed to impose on the corridors between them, Flora drifted down path after path, not paying attention to which way she was going, or what turn would make the most sense to get her out. Now that the sun was out, even if it wasn't as warm in King's End as it was back home in Torchline, Flora intended to take advantage of every single drop of vitamin D that she could.

Finding a dead end ahead of her, Flora narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the edges before swatting them with her fingertips. "Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure you did that intentionally." She huffed before turning on her heel and proceeding in the opposite direction.
We need love, But all we want is danger
We team up, Then switch sides like a record changer
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 1 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5142
// the only heaven i'll be sent to —
Yeah, it prolly did.” Comes another voice from within the maze, Thorn rounding a corner as he’s trying his best to get out of the fuckin’ maze. What he doesn’t expect is to stumble across quite a gorgeous face – one he thinks he can remember seeing back in Torchline when he’d worked and lived there. Either way, he flashes his most charming and seductive smile, head cocking as he gestures with his tattooed arm toward the path she’d just turned into the dead end from.

He's wearing a loose fitting shirt, shimmering and sheer, leaving not much to the imagination of his torso, where the vines and thorns wind around his wrists and up his arms and down his sides.

Ya comin’ or goin’, beautiful?” He purrs with a slight smirk and a raise of his brow. He’s no hero, of course, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t mind spending a bit of time with such a beautiful woman.
thorn
— is when i'm alone with you //
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

Now, given the world was the way it was, Flora probably should have felt some hesitation about wandering towards a stranger's voice, but then, there had never been a situation the Doubletake hadn't squeezed through giving her the sort of reckless confidence that would definitely get her killed one day.

Dressed in the sort of tight-fitting jeans that songs like Teenage Dream were likely referencing and white tank top, as Flora appeared around the corner of one of the hedges she folded her arms flirtatiously across her chest and gave Thorn an approving once over.

"Well that all depends on whether there's something worth sticking around for." Flora trills before grinning and bouncing her eyebrows. "I figured, what better way to enjoy the sun being back out than getting lost in this stupid maze?" Smirking, she pulled her sunglasses down. "What about you?"
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The courtesan is all too happy to give her a good long look, before attempting to be some kind of gentleman. (His polite manners are much of a lack there of when he’d spent the last however long working and living in brothels, after all). At her question, though, Thorn snickers before he shakes his head, sending the multitude of dangling earrings dancing in the sunlight. “Unfortunately for you, I’m makin’ my grand escape.” Jeweled fingers waggle for emphasis.

As for her and her tan, though, his seafoam gaze meets her freshly revealed own as the sunglasses are pulled down. “Thought I’d see what the fuss was about for the bowl of fire in the middle.” He folds his tattooed arms across his chest with a dramatic sigh, leaning heavily on one leg. “In case you’re wonderin’, no, it doesn’t work.” Flashing her a playful smirk, he twists an amount that surely suggests he’s quite flexible, to show the burnt edge of his pant leg.
thorn
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"Ohh is that so?" Flashing the courtesan a wide grin, the Doubletake allows her expression to grow coy as she eyes him once again. "And just how are you gonna manage that? I think if you had wings I'd be able to see them." She teases, but not before letting her aqua eyes rake over him once more.

"Ahh, shame." The queen murmurs, tilting her head as Thorn stretches and twists. He might not have immediately been her type, but gods she could absolutely appreciate his flexibility if not his fashion sense. Finding herself thinking that Mateo would probably quite like him as well—and wouldn't you know it, he did—the girl smirks. "About your pants, I mean." She adds with a wink.

Brushing a hand against one of the hedges as if daring it to move, Flora fished out her compass and waggled it between her fingers. "My get-home-quick-pass." She explains with a small shrug.

"Oh, I'm Flora by the way."
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Change author:
Caught in the lie, Thorn can’t help the huff of a laugh that bubbles out of him at her question, a bright smile planting itself onto his face as he calculates quickly what kind of excuse he can come up with. Alas, it’s nothing, and so he simple settles for “I’m gonna try to fuckin’ remember how I got in here in the first place.” Said on the air of another snort, Thorn shrugs as if that was the end all be all.

Glancing back to meet the blues of her eyes, Thorn’s brow lifts with a smirk overtaking the smile. “I know, right? I paid a lot for ‘em.” Rolling his eyes playfully, Thorn’s interest is immediately captured as she reveals her own get away free card, his brows rising as a whistle slips past his lips and he crosses his arms across his chest. “Oy, isn’t that kinda cheating?” He asks, despite the fact he’d use the same thing had he had the option to. As it stands, Thorn’s helplessly gotta figure it out on his own.

His gaze flickers down the path of the maze, squinting as if trying to remember whether he’d been down this way at all when Flora offers her name and his head swings back to her with a raised brow. “Ha, no fuckin’ way. I’m Hawthorn. Friends call me Thorn, though.” And his clients call him whatever they want.

Regardless, he certainly knows who she is, and he drops into a dramatic and playful bow toward her, rising with a glint of playfulness in his eyes. “Nice to meet ya, your majesty.
thorn
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"Something tells me that even if you do remember, it's not going to do you much good." Flora counters with a bright laugh. "These stupid things have a mind of their own." Just how true that was the queen wasn't entirely sure, but if nothing else she knew that the difficulty of getting out of the maze wasn't just because of how the hedges had been planted.

Lifting her shoulders in a teasing shrug, Flora flirtatiously flutters her eyelashes over mischievous aqua eyes. "Yeah, and?" She wants to know, laughing as she twirls the chain of the compass around one finger.

"Gasp!" Looking both wildly pleased and yet appropriately humble—it was a complex series of expressions okay, mostly having to do with the frequency with which she was batting her eyelashes—Flora pretended to grasp at invisible skirts in order to curtsy in response. "Always nice to be recognized." She purrs merrily.

"Well Thorn, I'll let you get back to your grand escape. Maybe we'll bump into each other somewhere less...overgrown?" Tipping him a wink, the Doubletake pressed the center of her compass and vanished back to Torchline.

~FIN