[RQ] Bouquet
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 41 - Dext: 42 - Endr: 55 - Luck: 43 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 125
yet my blood renders me a King
After taking the time to hunt void creatures in Torchline, Sah was finally in King's End.  Depite the importance of the journey today, the Wild Thunder couldn't wipe the smile from his face. The weather was beautiful, and he was outside with his son and wolves. It was always a good day when he could spend it with his family. Pad walked beside the two men while Lilly sniffed ahead, her ears constantly rotating as she took in their surroundings.

When they passed a bench, Sah gently nudged Luka's shoulder with his own and nodded towards a bend in the path up ahead, "Come on. When I asked around, a hunter told me that there was a patch of cursed daisies not far from here. We'll also have to be careful of any void insects drawn to them. I brought jars and tongs to grab them." It was best to avoid touching the void-tainted entities.
Sah
Luka Lovi

Age: 21 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8362
Luka
Every time we touch, your hands are colder, colder
There's no beating coming from your wooden chest
Luka loves the snow and ice of Halo, but Flowerbirth is beautiful in King's End and his smile is more readily apparent with only his dad and wolf-siblings in attendance. The hint of warmth on the wind as it tousles his hair makes him turn his face into it to enjoy its lingering touch for a moment.

His dad's gentle nudge brings him back, and his cheeks go subtly pink at having gotten distracted as he obediently follows. "We should destroy the rest after we pick one," he advises, eyeing how close the patch is to the bench. Not exactly safe for someone who might need the respite the bench offers. "If you loosen up the roots with your magic I can use the tongs to get it into the jar?" Having offered, he extends his hands - sans gloves, which is still a strange experience despite the much warmer climate here - signalling he's ready for the materials if his dad is.
Frozen grin, a mannequin when I get closer
I can see the strings, they're underneath your vest
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
"We certainly should." Anything void that they encountered would need to be destroyed. The Wild Thunder wouldn't allow any tainted flora or fauna to survive an encounter with him.

The Abandoned grinned, proud of Luka's forethinking, "That's a great idea." Sah retrieved the glasses and handed them over. Walking closer to the flowers, he eyed them with a critical eye. Air magic flowed around them, and the earth rumbled below as he got a better handle on the number of cursed daisies and their root structure. They were surprisingly deep, and he could sense numerous infected insects hiding between them.

Satisfied, he glanced over, "Ready? Keep an eye out for any fleeing void bugs. There are at least a few of them." When Luka gave the go ahead, he narrowed in on one of the larger daisies with this telekinesis. Curling down and under it, he pulled upward, loosening the roots as he went. He held the flower in place for Luka to grab and contain. As he did so, the Wild Thunder kept an eye out for any bugs. He'd set the entire beach on fire if he had to if that's what it took to keep them from his son.
Sah
Luka Lovi

Age: 21 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8362
Luka
Every time we touch, your hands are colder, colder
There's no beating coming from your wooden chest
Luka doesn't have anything in his arsenal to accomplish such destruction, but he'll happily watch his dad wreak havoc in his stead. It will still be a Lovi win by any rate.

Taking the tongs and container in hand, Luka gets as close as he feels comfortable - and as close as he can get without feeling the daisy's effects - and pops the lid open, tongs at the ready as his dad's magic does...something. Luka can see the visual effects but he doesn't have the inherent talent to feel it, which will always be little disappointing. "Ready," he confirms only once he's confident in saying it. Now wasn't a time to be playing brave or unaffected. Not even after they've completed the springs' new upgrade, really.

Using the tongs with an extended arm is a bit unwieldy but it gets the job done. Keeping a hold on the plant when it's so bottom-heavy is a bit precarious, but it's nothing he can't handle with a little extra focus. The rest is rather...anticlimactic. The daisy goes in root-first, soil puffing up against the sides of the glass and sickly white petals bouncing as Luka deposits it inside. Closing it (also with the tongs) Luka grimaces and stands so he can backpedal just in case there are any void insects, clearing the way for his dad to destroy them if necessary. "Got it," he reports as he goes, firmly clamping the metal seal on the outside of the container just to ensure it's true.
Frozen grin, a mannequin when I get closer
I can see the strings, they're underneath your vest
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
"Good." Sah watched attentively as Luka retrieved the corrupted flower. Thankfully, the process went smoothly, and his son was able to secure and contain the specimen without being harmed. As soon as the Accepted had backed away from the flowerbed, Sah stepped forward with a flaming palm.

Just as he suspected, the ground came alive, and a small army of purple ants charged the duo. The fire impacted them with a hiss and the corrupted creatures were turned to ash alongside the rest of the flowers. For good measure, Sah set the entire patch on fire a second time. "That should do it." Dusting some ash off of his shirt, the Abandoned sent a grin over his shoulder, "Well done."

Returning to Luka's side, he created two more jars, each bigger than the last, "Let's triple contain it." Just in case. Once that was done, Sah glanced at the sky contemplatively before addressing Luka. "Will you be okay heading back to Halo alone with this? Pad can come with you. I have to take care of some things here before heading home." For one, he wanted to stop by the Frey shrine to see it in its completed form. The Wild Thunder also intended to stop by and see Talyson and Alys too. If the courier found out he'd been in the region and not visited, Sah wouldn't be surprised if he received an earful.
Sah