Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KILLIAN
Since arriving only three days ago, Killian hadn't attempted to change his shape. There had been so much going on, and he hadn't felt the same magic that he used to feel. He felt weaker here, and the possibility that he could still become the spotted cat seemed slim. But he might as well give it a try, and with a fresh supply of optimism, he set out from the clinic to the fields.

Kiki stood amid the waving spring grass, a soft wind nipped at his freckled cheeks and pulled lightly at his clothing. The air was fresh out here, closed eyed he tilted his head back to bask in the warm light of the sun and take a deep breath. He grinned, for though this sun was different than his own, it's light was just as rejuvenating.

He took a moment to relax, then gave his body a quick shake to loosen his muscles. He looked forwards, and starting psyching himself up, "Ok ok you got this Kiki, you got this," and then he started running. It began as a jog, but with every step he picked up the pace, until he was sprinting.

And then he changed, mid stride his body began to morph. His hands turned to clawed paws, where his skin was freckled and caramel, it was now dappled golden fur. Killian slowed down after the change, digging his claws into the dirt. Once he came to a complete stop, he took a moment to bask in his success, paws kneading absentmindedly at the fresh soil. His tail and ears flicked as he reoriented himself with this form, a pleased purr emitting from his throat. At least he still had this.

(Edit: turns out I actually didn’t know how to tag people LMAO Kiada)

whatever and ever, amen
oh well, maybe not, let’s try again
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
you think that i'll be the dark sky
so you can be the star?
She leaves her Luxere at home yet again – the small deer protesting at first before he finds comfort in the idea of staying home. Kiada isn’t sure if it’s to make her feel better or if he’s being stubborn when she doesn’t allow him to come. But she leaves him anyway, unable to fall into his guilt trip trap. And she flies away, shifting into her vulture form as she moves from her porch. She doesn’t know where she’s heading yet, but she makes a break for the Fields, for where the Festival has gone on, just to simply explore.

To get a birds eye view, if you will.

And she spends a majority of the time swooping and diving, feeling the wind beneath her feathers as she moves against the surprising warmth that springtime brings, with it so many sights and sounds. But she doesn’t expect as she swoops low along the fields, almost low enough to let her sharp talons caress the tips of the long grasses moving with the wind, to see a cheetah of all things – paused after running and purring?

She circles, scarlet eyes watching the boy curiously before she swoops down before him – landing tentatively with her wings spread wide and a clack of her beak. She doesn’t shift to a woman just yet, instead the Harpy wishes to see his reaction – if he is a predator, or a person.

Killian
i will
swallow
you whole.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
The sound of wing beat caught Killian's attention, he turned his feline gaze towards the sky. A vulture circled above him, not an uncommon sight back home. However what she did next surprised him, and he stepped back a bit, flattening his ears to his skull. The bird landed before him, her wings spread wide and her sharp beak clicked. Killian ducked his head, his sunbeam eyes narrowed at the vulture and a low growl coming from his chest.

It didn't occur to him that she might be a human shifter like him, where he came from it was rather rare. If he had known, he likely would've changed back and introduced himself, ecstatic to meet someone like himself. But instead, he let out a curious chirp, tail flicking restlessly behind him.

Kiada

whatever and ever, amen
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
you think that i'll be the dark sky
so you can be the star?
She watches, those scarlet eyes dancing across his spotted face as his ears flatten. His head sucks, eyes narrow, and she almost has a grin on her face at the growl that emits from the feline. She clicks her beak again, before croaking a guttural, throaty sound as she tilts her head to him – wings tucking in tight along her sides as she hops slightly closer. And when he curiously chirps to her, her head tilts the other way to inspect him further.

But before she does anything, she has an almost cheeky grin that somehow manages to make it through her beak as she eyes the cheetah – realizing that he’s probably a person like her and not entirely the only cheetah alive in the barrier. Though there is a part of seeing him with the spots that roots something close to her home and life and heritage. But… She assumes deep down he knows not the language of her father, and so she chooses to remain with the common tongue.

Easy there Cheetah.” She says to him mind to mind, spreading one wing out in a gesture of a mock bow. If he had any doubts it was her that spoke, she assumed it would be over with the human-like gesture she had made. “Haven’t seen something like you here before, leopards sure, but cheetahs no; are you new?” Her head tilts, the scarlet hue to her gaze slipping over his spotted coat and rounded head.
i will
swallow
you whole.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
The vulture cocked it's head and hopped a few steps nearer, bold for a bird. Killian had half a mind to lunge after it, though that was just his animal half talking. Vulture would probably taste pretty nasty, he imagined very chewy. He gave it a rather blank stare in response to it's clicks and hops, then let out yet another chirp.

It was all a rather strange interaction, but that didn't stop it from getting stranger. Suddenly there was a voice in his mind, a woman's voice, crystal clear and as if she were speaking only inches away. His ears flicked as he looked around, with the most bewildered expression a cheetah could make. His attention snapped back to the vulture as she - bowed? It appeared so, with one wing tucked while the other outstretched. Killian scrunched up his black nose, now thinking that the voice came from the bird. But that was silly, vultures aren't telepathic. Are they?

She began to talk again, Kiki flinched a little when the voice rang out so coherently in his head. Her question went mostly unnoticed, and as she spoke he swallowed and thought, What the fuck... He didn't realize that she could hear what he'd said, he had no idea how this thing worked yet.

whatever and ever, amen
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
we are all just fighting to survive a world,
where 'i miss you' doesn't mean I'm coming back.
Her eyes pierce with their scarlet hues as she stares at the boy – watching him almost flinch as she speaks to him. Ah, she could get used to that. It creates a spark of happiness that resides within her, the spark of surprises and never underestimating as she focuses back on the man hidden within the spotted feline body. “What the fuck.” She hears him say, and she bounds back from him with a laugh that reverberates – almost throaty – into his mind too.

And when she’s a careful distance away, she shifts back into herself – standing along the grasses of the Fields with her dark hair down and pulled to one side (revealing that nasty X marking in her neck) and dressed in dark brown and black leathers from head to toe. Her eyes are iceberg blue, now, glacial as they look toward him amused before she shrugs and crosses her arms. “Ah, what the fuck indeed.” She offers with a small nod of her head and quiet chuckle.

Strange things in this land, you never know what you’ll find.” She warns him vaguely with a wink and a smirk that crosses her face that seems a bit more wolfish than avian-like.
and 'I love you' doesn't mean
I'll stay...
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian jumped again when a throaty laugh rang through his skull, another growl of confusion buzzing behind his teeth. The avian hopped back a few steps, and shifted suddenly into a beautiful woman with glacial eyes. She cast her cool gaze over him, remarking on what he’d thought to be his thoughts alone. She was like him, or maybe something more, and Killian was first and foremost bewildered, but also very curious. He took a few more steps towards her, then shifted from the golden cat back to human form.

With wide honey brown eyes, he ran a hand through his ruffled curls. ”You’re a shapeshifter? Like me?” he asked hastily, motioning with his hands as he spoke, ”How did, how did you talk to me! I mean I heard you in my head.” It was very obvious that he was new to this world, an outlander. No one used to all this would be as impressed.

whatever and ever, amen
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Oh, the surprise is something Kiada enjoys as Killian struggles with hearing her voice in his head. She had reacted the same, the first time it happened, but at the very least she likes to think she was a bit more collected. She stands among the grasses, eyes watching the cheetah before he steps toward her, not quite a prowl but interest before shifting into a rather adorable looking man — honeyed eyes and curly hair, and for a moment her wolffish smirk remains. But he directs a questions toward her and she tips her head toward him, arms splaying open like a showman as she does a half bow. “Guilty.” She informs him with a small chuckle.

But when he questions her, she stands back up fully and crosses her arms across her chest, her shoulders rolling in a small shrug. “It’s something we can do. I heard you too, if it’s any reconciliation.” She offered easily, her smirk fading into a somewhat soft smile. He must be new if he hasn’t encountered anyone else like this before, and somehow it gives Kiada a sense of betterness, simply because she’s experienced it already — and the girl is a competitive little shit. “I’m going to assume that you’re new?” She asks him, a tilt to her head that finally does seem more avian than wolf, while she awaits his response.
I'll stay...
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
The woman’s response to Killian’s surprise was a somewhat theatrical display, of which Killian admired with a grin. She technically wasn’t the first attuned he’d met - the other being Jigano and they had not discussed these things - but the first didn’t really count. This was all new to him, and it certainly showed in his fascinated gaze. He watched as she rolled back, then took a few more bouncing steps her way. She had heard him as well? He honestly didn’t even know what she’d heard, all his thoughts had been a hum, it was impossible to tell which one had slipped through. Though if he had known, he probably would’ve laughed

Instead he gave a sigh, still a little awestruck and unsure of what to say, and raised his hands to rest behind his head. ”Damn...” he replied, then paused before asking, ”How did you become one?” on his world, magic like this only came from blessings, but for all he knew she could’ve been born this way.

She was of course, correct in her assumptions, ”A few days ago,” he replied, and awaited the question that usually followed, though hoping it might wouldn’t. He didn’t love talking about his home, not now that he’d lost it forever. Those were thoughts for when he was alone, and could be afraid without anyone seeing.

whatever and ever, amen
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Her eyes slip over him quickly as he contemplates the information she’s given him – a roguish smile graces her features that seems quite a bit more predatory than prey, something she’s certain he has within him if one of his forms is a cheetah of all things. But when he asks her how she became one, her smile falters slightly as her shoulders rise in a small shrug. “I’m not sure, I arrived here and was able to do it.” She says simply, as if it’s the only explanation needed despite the fact it brings so many more questions than previously. “I used to have fire magic before I came here – all of that is gone now, but I do have a different form.” She adds quietly.

But then, when she guesses whether he’s new, he confirms it to which Kiada nods – the Harpy knew her intuitions were true, and she smiles yet again at the result. “I’ve been here awhile, now.” She offers quietly, as if it relaxes him somehow. That despite leaving the old worlds behind, there was something new and different here too. But one thing Kiada has that others don’t, is the confirmation that there’s nothing left in her old worlds. They were dying lands, grasping onto those with life before tossing them away for fear of draining their light too.

In short, Kiada has nothing to return to, unlike many that have fallen here.
I'll stay...
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian's eyes widened at Kiada's response, the portal had given her an animal form? That wasn't the answer he'd been expecting, and it shocked him just a little. The portal had changed her in such a strange way, and why? Kiki felt a little lucky now, that he hadn't ended up on this side but with another head or something.

Fire magic? He'd never met a sorceress before (or witch or whatever she wanted to be called), the closest thing his world had to them were the exalted priests who could draw occasionally on the blessings of the gods to do miracles, and the heirs who would inherit magic from the gods. One day, he would've had magic, been able to echo the powers of immortal beings with a snap of his fingers. Well maybe not quite that intense, but he would have been powerful.

He never would now, he'd been disconnected by his patron star and the only remaining evidence of their bond was his other form. "What was it like having magic?" he asked, hoping it wouldn't bother her to talk about. He totally understood if it did, he knew what it felt to lose the things important to you - the wounds didn't heal like bruises, with no scars to tell.

A pause, that expectant moment after her response as he awaited the question, and there was nothing. He was grateful for that, a smile tugging at his lips. "I think I like it here so far..." then another pause, his smile fading a little when he realized he didn't want to lie and say it was all ok. It wasn't, and for some reason he felt as though Kiada would understand. "Does it umm, get easier?" he asked quietly, honey brown eyes leaving her frame to sweep across the ground at his feet.

whatever and ever, amen