With the stroke of the oars.
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
Behind the bright, warm eyes he saw enthusiasm unburdened by meaningless worries. A face not prematurely lined by endless days of always thinking to hard about what was to come, and thinking of the best way to not think about it too much. An endless cycle of work and worry that even when tossed across space and time left the cobbler on exactly the same square as before. A clean slate ready to be carved with stories of a new life, but left tarnished by runes of a world long gone.

He'd left the mound in which what was should rest vacant for far too long, leaving the grueling, bittersweet memories salting the soil in which the new life he'd found should grow. Now his life was left in some sort of suspended state, not fully left behind in Midgård, but no chance to return remained.

The salted soil still seemed receptive of new seeds though, hardy little specks of life that braved the frozen dirt and broke through every once in a while. To add what is to what was, creating what is to become. Old runes tarnishing the new stone. An old stone left unfinished. A story untold.

His eyes lit up and he chewed the inside of his cheek, brow deeply furrowed. "You know, Killian, there is this one thought jostled loose just now." Are said and smiled wryly at his new found friend. "There might just be one little thing I have in mind. A small... Project, yes, a project in need of tools, and books." he added and nodded to himself.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian leaned a bit forward, brows raised when Are seemed to come up with a favor. He gave the man his full attention, curious as to what this little project might be. Whatever it was, he certainly had no qualms with helping out. He was trying to be more responsible he had decided, more hardworking. This was just a good start then. Plus it could be fun, helping out with a cobbler’s work. A project in need of tools, and books, said Are thoughtfully, and Killian chuckled.

”Sure! Just give me a list. I can’t promise it’ll be fast though, seeing as I can’t even find the place I’ve been staying at for the past few days,” he said jokingly, though was fully on board to try and find whatever the cobbler needed.

baby baby don’t be so shy
rock children hold your heads up high
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Are
That enthusiasm was contagious, far too contagious for both of them. The cobbler even caught himself thinking of exactly where he could find the stone he'd already picked out in the woods, an hour or so by foot towards the woods from his shop. Even though he lacked the most vital part it could be saved for last.

"No rush, it'll take me a fortnight to even have the materials to begin working." he said and smiled, knowing full well his little pet project would never take priority, not even for himself, not when there where still bare feet in Caido.

"The list is simple, tools for and books on stonecutting. There's a damned good blacksmith I advise you see, Caiside. He's a good man, proper artist, just tell him its for me and it'll go on top of the rest of my debt. Damned boots are taking ages." he said and laughed as he remembered another project left stalled at the first hurdle, finding elderberries had proven more difficult than he had expected at first.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Tools and books on stonecutting, seemed easy enough. And Killian hadn't really had anything specific to do since coming, he hadn't figured that bit out yet, so this would be a welcome change. A job, no matter how small, it felt like a start towards... whatever it was he was deciding to work on.

Caiside, a name that Killian stored for later. He would start there then, with talking to this blacksmith. He nodded along and chuckled with Are, then asked, "Is there anything really specific you need? Or is it just like, basic stonecutting tools?" He wanted to make sure he was bringing back the right goods. It'd be a little embarrassing to return to Are having done his favor, but completely wrong.

Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
With a stroke of his stubbly chin and a moment's thought he'd sought out what little he knew about the subject at hand. Hardened edges, sturdy handles, and enough patience to outlast the stone that was to be hewn. The two former was at least something remedied easily enough, hopefully. The last was a work in progress.

"Not specific, no, but good, hard chisels with a good bite. I'll pay you in my own craft! Don't rush it though, think about it for a bit, it's gonna last you a lifetime!" the cobbler bragged and winked at Killian. Knowing full well it was more a matter of making up a good excuse to make something other than turnshoes, if only for a little while.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian smiled as Are explained the tools, and chuckled when the cobbler finished with a wink. "There's no need to pay me, like I said it's a favor!" he replied with a nod and a soft sigh.

It was getting late, his weary body was begging him to find the clinic, where the tea was warm and the bed was made. Are had been such a welcome distraction, he'd forgotten that the reason they'd started talking in the first place was for directions. He'd started out lost, and ended up with a task and a friend.

"Well, I really should be getting back, thanks again for helping out," he said with an expectant pause, hoping Are could still tell him the way.

Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
Another wink and a smile as the cobbler hoisted his wares up on his back again. A short glance back down the alleyway and a chuckle. "Back the way you came, left, right and hundred steps or so on your right." he said and nodded to Killian. A friend far too humble for his own good, and one he was glad fate had sent hurtling his way. Any little ray of sunshine was a welcome one in a pallid and gray existence. Suspended between lives was no way to live for a man who's life had barely started, but a life that seemed a little bit brighter.

He smiled one last time to his friend, giving his shoulder a good squeeze with a callused hand. "Far vel, Killian. And 'til the next time; live good." he released him and walked through the long shadows cast by sagging ruins and a slowly setting sun.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian's head followed Are's gaze, visualizing the turns in his head. Down the alley, left, right, and then on his right. Wow, had it actually been that close? Killian chuckled a little, amused with his own shortcomings. Shaking his head, Killian was met one last time with a squeeze on the shoulder, and a friendly farewell. "You too Are," he replied with a smile.

Killian began to walk away, turning once to jog backwards and give a wink and a two finger salute, "See ya round." Then he hurried off back down the alley, to the clinic for a long rest.