I'm not a kid but I'm still young
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Going from what was essentially a breakup conversation to agreeing to frolic about as raccoons was...a turn that the alchemist had not predicted. He had thought there would be tears (which there had, on both their ends), perhaps some yelling, bargaining for more chances or time, but..

this?

This was a happy surprise.

"No of course I will come." Remi agreed with a nod. "Did you to go now...? As for shifting...It is...ahh, like something inside, almost like a tangible thing. You can let your mind slip into it, and that is how you will shift. At least that is how it has always been for me."

Яemi
But now it's happily ever never. I guess now I know better
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"You will?! Wonderful!" Sam grinned, sounding far too excited for the situation at hand, but thrilled Remi was readily agreeing to spend more time with him. That meant he had to be doing something right, he thought, somehow. Despite the fact that he had no idea what he was doing at all with the intricacies of this relationship.

"Well, I suppose you can show me when we get to the woods. I must have done it before, after all." He stood, looked about for his coat as Mia meowed a little protest at having to get off his knees. "I so rarely set out to do something for a good time. ...And never have I set off to go and be a raccoon." Finding his coat, he pulled it on and looked to the door.

"Shall we go?"
Samuel
I tried to dance with the devil on your back
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

For a moment Remi just stared as Sam picked up his coat. He started to say something like, oh you will not need that— meaning just that as soon as they shifted Sam would be without it anyhow, but then recalling Sam was an ascended.

An ascended who felt the cold because of him.

Biting the inside of his lip and following Sam with a nod of his head, Remi couldn't help but feel a cold wave of melancholy sweep over him. It made him want to shiver, to jog forward a few steps to try and evade the tide of it, but instead he just closed Sam's door behind him swallowing down the lump at the back of his throat.

"Is being a loreseeker not fun..?" Remi asked with a raised brow, surprised to hear that Sam didn't do much in the way of fun.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Sam was too wrapped up in his excitement to consider why it was he needed his coat, having grown very used to the sensations of cold and everything else by now. He hardly thought about it any more when he tasted his tea or felt the warmth of his fire, only appreciated the abilities when he suddenly had the thought to do so.

The question caught him off guard, turning to look at Remi as they left. "Well. I mean, it is, but it is often dangerous when Jigano wants to go out researching for something.." Sam trailed off, thinking of how last time they had ventured to the Outskirts the trouble had been more interpersonal than dangerous. "...and it's still not just for me. Do you understand what I mean? Sometimes it is nice to do something not because you were asked to or because it is your duty, but just because you would like to."

With this explanation given he began to walk again, hoping he did not come off as selfish or arrogant; Sam's 'for himself' moments were usually an extra biscuit or time in bed, so this was by far the most extravagant trip he had tried. "You're in the monster hunters guild with Ronin, right? Is it..fun? Do you do much..hunting besides the Spire Demon?"
Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Nibbling his lip Remi hummed a vague sort of agreement to this statement. He didn't know why, but when Jigano had originally formed the Loreseekers, Remi had thought them...well, a tad bit more bookish. Not in a bad way, but mere as chroniclers, in a sense. That they apparently often sought out danger ruffled Remi's feathers (literally) if only because Jigano criticized the alchemist for that very sort of behaviour.

That and he didn't want to see Sam hurt.

Snapping out of these thoughts, Remi nodded. "Yes. I do. For most of my life I was never able to do those sorts of things. When you are a commoner like I was you are always at the behest of someone else. Always in service. It is only lately that I have had any real fun and not felt immediately guilty about it."

At the mention of the monster hunter's guild, Remi laughed and shook his head. "Fun? Ahh... well it is exciting, certainly. But time spent with Ronin usually leads to trouble, guild or not. We have faced golems and banshees thus far." Remi said with a shrug. "Though after what happened at the Spire I...am not sure what the fate of the guild will be. Ashetta, Roana, and Kalt joined after Ronin died...I would like to say that Ronin will be more careful now, but I am not sure that is true." He concluded with a crooked, if not slightly wounded smile.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Then I hope you will enjoy this too." Sam smiled warmly, glad that Remi understood him.

Remi spoke of the Monster Hunters Guild, a guild Sam would never consider joining (an organisation practically devoted to danger? Nightmarish). Still, it was interesting to listen and imagine for a moment what it might be like to be a warrior, brave and ready to take on the beasts of Caido. When Remi mentioned Golems though it reminded him of something he had meant to say.

"Oh, by the way. When the golem attacked, on the day you began the Artisan's guild. I...did you notice me...disappearing?" Sam asked shyly, worried Remi might have no idea what he was talking about and think him crazy. "It's..I can..."

Deciding it was just easier to show and not tell, Sam slowly disappeared, beginning at the top of his head and slowly travelling down to his shoes, until it would appear Remi was alone on the street unless he looked carefully and saw the translucent outline of the man. "I'm still here! I...I'm not sure why I can do this, but...see?"
Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi had ... not wanted to bring that up. The assumption he'd made that morning seemed a valid one; that Sam had got the powers from someone else. Of course that wouldn't actually have made sense, if he still had Remi's abilities now for it would have overtaken it. But the strange species of jealousy the alchemist was feeling dislodged that bit of rationality from his mind.

However now, as Sam began to disappear before his eyes, Remi's lips parted in a shallow gasp of surprise. "What—" He breathed, then let the sentence dissolve into shallow laughter as his grin widened. Sam answered his next question—how—leaving the alchemist shaking his head slightly. "So...the ascendeds have magic as well?'

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Sam laughed to hear Remi gasp and seem so surprised, quite enjoying being the one with the amazing powers for once. Of course, he was sure if Remi wanted to the man could probably find a way to be invisible, but still...he slowly let himself flood back from his fingertips, arms and torso and legs appearing in time.

"I don't...think it's magic, as such? More...technology, or...an upgrade, The Voice would probably say. Like when she changed all of our eyes so we could see through the barrier." He tapped his eyes, where the now-useless ability lay. "I suppose it is functionally the same as magic, but I do not think if another Ascended bit me they would get the powers." He shrugged to show he wasn't entirely sure.

He smiled and nudged Remi. "Why, are you jealous now?" His voice was a little unsure as if scared to joke with Remi, but he said it nonetheless.
Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

With an amused and impressed smile, Remi watched Sam just...come back. Invisibility wasn't ever a power the alchemist had considered before—he could be overlooked quite easily as it was, or used to be anyways—but...something about it seemed so fitting for Sam. Not because the alchemist thought the bookmaker cowardly, but because sinking away where he couldn't be seen or scrutinized based on all the things he had told Remi, seemed like a kindness.

"I am not sure I see the difference." Remi replied with a lopsided smile. Not particularly wanting to know about the effects of ascended's biting other ascended, Remi just nodded and shrugged.

A little surprised by Sam's nudge, physical contact wasn't the sort of thing that Sam seemed overly comfortable with, Remi laughed, ruffling a hand boyishly through his curls. "Maybe? If you keep this up I will lose my title as the man with the most surprising abilities." He said with an easy-going laugh.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"I suppose practically there isn't one." Sam agreed with a shrug. Whatever it was, it was a power he'd never had before nor ever considered himself having, and he was still feeling it out. Perhaps when he was more confident he could go to Jigano and they could try work out the complexities of it.

He smiled at Remi's response and shook his head. "I think you've got too much of a head start." While he did have one new power, Remi had a whole catalogue of abilities to choose from, all of them in Sam's opinion far more impressive. "I shall be curious to see if the invisibility works during an animal shift though..."
Samuel