Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KILLIAN
The two chicken chaser club for the coolest sk8ters members attuned quickly dug a shallow gully, big enough for Killian to slip under. Killian stepped back to look at their getaway tunnel, then his sunny gaze shifted to Ianto. If cheetah’s could wiggle their eyebrows, Kiki did, and replied, Cheers. With that, the fox wriggled his way under the fence, Kiki followed suit, emerging on the other side and letting the chaos ensue.

It was a mixture of feathers, and dust, and maybe even a little yolk, birds flapping and squawking like there was no tomorrow. Killian set his sights on a brown hen, who had clucked her way towards the hole they’d made. He made swift work of running to her, and after a few seconds of scuffle she was hanging limply in his jaws. He turned to look for Ianto, to see how the fox was faring.

whatever and ever, amen
oh well, maybe not, let’s try again
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Ianto
It was utter chaos, and Ianto was enjoying every bit of it. Foxes and hens - a match made in heaven. For the foxes, anyways. True, Ianto was covered in white feathers and there was yolk all over the white stripe down his chest, but he had also come away from the scuffle with a fat hen in his jaws, padding happily over to Killian as if to compare their kills.

At a sudden shout of OI!, he realised that perhaps they had not been so alone after all, and with a mental laugh down their bond he headbutted the cheetah's haunches towards the hole they had dug. Quick! he urged, still laughing internally. I think if they see me I can pass off as a normal fox, but one glimpse of you and they'll know we're Attuned!

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Ianto hurried his way, a fat hen held proudly between his teeth. Kiki let out a soft purr and was about to comment on it, when a loud Oi! caught him off guard and caused a soft growl in his throat. The farmer had finally arrived, and certainly wouldn’t be too happy to find the two of them wrecking his chicken pen. Oh shit, he cursed mentally, though it came out with a crackle of laughter. This was frankly hilarious, he was very content with his decision to follow Ianto.

He didn’t have to be nudged to begin the mad dash for the hole, he scrambled through their dug out then kept on running, laughing the whole way. At some point he figured he was out of sight of the farmer, and he dropped the hen and rolled to the ground. That was great, did you hear that guy? Fuck he was pissed, Killian said to the fox, still giddy with laughter.

He laid there for a moment, staring up at the sky beyond the waving grass and breathing heavily. This was the sort of activity that probably didn’t prove to anyone that he was becoming more responsible, but also something that he never planned on stopping. Oh well, sometimes breaking a rule or two was fine, right?

whatever and ever, amen
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Ianto
Ianto was hot on Killian's tail, his own laughter echoing raucously down their shared bond. Hells, he could barely get through the tunnel, so fat was the hen he had caught, but eventually he did wiggle free and bolt away through the long grasses. He left a trail of feathers in his wake and it was hard to keep up with a bloody cheetah, but he soon came across the other man lazing in the sun.

Dropping his own prize and panting as he lolled over to lay in the warmth with his new friend, Ianto sneezed a feather away from the tip of his nose. He'll be even more pissed when he figures out two of his hens are gone, and there's a hole to let all the others out. He laughed to himself, glancing across at Killian. Damn but you're fast, friend. I'll call on you if I ever need to get somethin' away quick.

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian’s eyes were peeled from the blue above when he heard the fox flop over next to him, and he looked at him from upside down. He laughed again at Ianto’s words, Oops, he said, as he imagined a string of chickens making their great escape into the open plains. Chicken run

You’re not bad yourself. And call anytime, I’m always down for chicken chasing, he replied in an easygoing tone, reaching over to grab the hen he’d dropped. He began to tuck into it, ripping away the feathers to get at the tender meat underneath. Mmm, he hummed as he ate, his tail swishing over the dusty ground. So, he began, looking up from his meal to his auburn coated friend, are you just like, the resident chicken thief? The question was asked in a curious, yet wry tone.

whatever and ever, amen
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Oops, indeed. As Killian began to tuck into his prize, Ianto wasted little time in doing the same. He was a simple creature at heart, clearly, and it was with a bloody muzzle that he glanced up to the cheetah, licking the red away from his jaws. Then it's a plan. Though we should probably avoid that particular farm for a little while, until the farmer gets a chance to repair the fence. Not that it would stop them for long.

Hm? Chicken chaser? That sounds pretty fun, but... no. I'm a merchant, friend. I live out in the Greatwood. Truthfully this is my first time comin' so far into the Hollowed Grounds. He laughed quietly, one ear flicking this way and that to try and listen out for trouble. How about you?

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Nice, Kiki had found himself a partner in crime. That was pretty exciting, and probably not something he planned on telling Phoebe, or really anybody else he’d met. He figured this wouldn’t be the most well received of activities, but sometimes he couldn’t resist. And besides, a couple chickens couldn’t be that sorely missed. No harm no fowl right?

The part about being a merchant sparked a question in itself, though it was the rest of it that really caught the cheetah’s attention. He was from the Greatwood? Wasn’t that the place beyond the barrier, the place that spat people back out as soon as they’d set foot inside? You live out there? Seriously? Kiki asked, clearly impressed. And if it were true, and not just a joke, Killian had quite a few things to ask about it.

When asked about himself he shrugged. I just got here about a week ago actually, so I haven’t found my title yet. I’ve been thinking about becoming a scout, and helping out with mapping places. Upon seeing the fox’s ears swivel about, Killian’s did the same out of reflex. Didn’t sound like the farmer had found them yet, so he returned to eating.

whatever and ever, amen
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Also content that the coast was clear (for now), Ianto returned to his meal and let their mental link do the talking. Convenient, to have another Attuned about, he decided. Mmhm, I've never lived within this place. I was dropped outside the barrier, while most others were dropped within it. It's all I've ever known, he explained, munching on a chicken bone to get to the sweet marrow within. Only a week ago? Damn. How are you adjustin'? Were you... y'know, a cheetah before?

Taking a break from eating, Ianto flopped onto his side and licked at his paws to clean himself up. Mm, a scout huh? Be careful in the woods - they aren't the easiest to map. And the winged folk aren't happy at all with the barrier droppin'.

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Wow, so he was serious. Killian was thoroughly impressed, seeing as he still hadn't worked up the courage to go in. What's it like in there? he asked as a general question, he didn't want to seem too eager to know.

A particularly sweet bit of meat demanded Kiki's attention, his long claws held the bird in place as he went at it with an already bloody muzzle. I think I'm doin alright, I'm not dead so that's great. I miss some things, and I don't miss others, he explained, pausing slide his tongue over his lips. Yeah I was a cheetah before, it's a long story but I've been a shifter for a few years, and boy was he glad that he still was. At least a little bit of the goddess's magic still flowed through him.

Killian had been warned of the Greatwood before, but winged folk wasn't something he'd been given detail on. Winged folk? he asked for elaboration.

whatever and ever, amen
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Ianto glanced up, tongue still hanging out as Killian asked about the Greatwood, and he spent a moment to lick his fur clean before he replied. It's a very... interestin' place. It changes day to day, or so it feels. Magic lives in its roots, and there are many things that are as dangerous as they are wonderful. It was the best way he could describe the place, truthfully. And he knew even then that he was being vague.

Done with his chicken, he nodded towards it as if to tell the cheetah he could finish it off if he liked. In the meantime Ianto flopped to lie down properly, basking in the Flowerbirth sun and yawning widely. At least this didn't come as a huge shock to you then, wakin' up as a cheetah one day. He laughed down their link.

The winged folk are a race called the Fae. They live deep in the forest, in a village hidden to all outsiders. And they can be quite... unpleasant to outsiders. They've preserved their way of life for long enough to be protective of it.

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian finished up his chicken as well, then nudged the carcass away from where they lay. He began to groom himself, definitely not wanting to look a bloody mess. Occasionally he would imagine what it would be like if he did this kind of thing but as a human. Really weird, being a shape shifter was an odd deal. But when he was hungry he was hungry, and cheetahs can't stomach the sugar filled junk human Kiki liked to eat. Still it was weird when he thought about the fact that he was technically a human, eating raw and bloody chicken.

He quickly pushed those stupid thoughts from his mind when Ianto spoke again over their mental bond. His description of the wildwoods was actually pretty similar to everything he'd heard so far - the place was just magical. Killian wanted to go really bad, this only spurred his urge to find a way in.

He was offered the other chicken, but shook his head. He'd just finished giving his light chest fur a good cleaning, he didn't need to get messy all over again. Instead he just rolled over onto his side and closed his eyes to bask in the daylight. He chuckled at the fox's comment, Yeah, I feel bad for that guy, he added.

The description of the fae had Killian intrigued, he shifted so he was propped up on his front legs, to face Ianto as he spoke. Are they like... fairies or something? he asked as he tried to construct his mental picture of them.

whatever and ever, amen
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Both fox and cheetah seemed more than comfortable to laze in the warmth of the sun, and Ianto stretched out happily, content to speak with Killian in this form since it required little to no effort. And he was all about that. Very similar, yeah, he agreed with the other Attuned's depiction of the Fae. But they aren't sprites, so to speak. They aren't a tall people, but they are most definitely a people. He chuckled down their mental bond.

Still, I'd stick to just the forest for now, he said. They still don't entirely trust me, and I've spent seasons coming and going through their village. Outsiders won't be welcome. But... who knows what the future might bring, now the barrier is down.

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Change author:
KILLIAN
Of course the magical woods would be home to fairies. Human like fairies albeit, but apparently still like fairies. Killian chuckled over their bond and shook his head a little. Once again he found that Caido was a world of non fiction fantasy, and he could never know what to expect. This world is nuts man, back where I'm from we had gods and goddesses but not all this other stuff. Fae? I mean, we're telepathic shape shifters, he said, just pretty wonderstruck by it all.

Killian was warned from the forest again, he huffed and moved to rest his head on his paws. No promises, he replied sort of teasingly, then more seriously added, I'll be careful. Despite having believed that his chicken thieving merchant friend here was his vulpine spirit guide not too long ago, Killian wasn't stupid. He'd been warned plenty about the forest, and while he was bold and itching to explore it, he would wait till he knew more.

whatever and ever, amen
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Ianto laughed warmly through their link, though externally he was still in a state of blissful after-dinner relaxation, his fur soaking up the midday sun. I don't even think my world had gods and goddesses, he said. Telepathic shapechangers though, sure. And vampire creatures, called Bloodfiends. It's madness, all of it. Of that he was in utter agreement. However, for all of the absurdity he had encountered since falling into Caido, it had never left him bored. That much was certain.

Slowly opening golden eyes, he nodded to the other Attuned. Careful is all you can be. There's plenty of wonder in there, just be wary for the dangers, too. And maybe take a friend. Winking, he finally rolled back to his feet and stretched out mightily. Still, this was a fine way to pass an hour. It'd be an honour to steal chickens with you again some time, Kiki.

Coding base by Sky!