Leave This Night Pure and Perfect
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"I..suppose, but you should still be careful. It can be more than just rude." Sam tried to really make this sound serious, wanting to drill the potential dangers of Shrine visits into the Outlander before he returned cursed, or didn't return at all.

Nate's eyes investigating him for side effects made him a little uncomfortable, Sam shifting under his gaze. "Well, usually the Ascended can't taste, or smell, or feel things, really...I can, because my um..." He struggled to find a word. "...ex...boyfriend? Made something for me that let me do those things. But it numbs all pleasure from your life." He looked solemnly towards the fire, mourning for his lost experiences even though now he could take in the world as he wished.

Werewolves? "Um...well...some Attuned can become wolves, I suppose, but I'm not sure what that is. There is Accepted, Attuned, Abandoned, Ascended and now Fae, I believe." It felt strange to add the fifth item to the list, the new information come from beyond the barrier. "...Unless you can do magic or become an animal, you are likely Accepted."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Nate
There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

A charming smile spread over Nate’s face as Sam squirmed under his gaze, though the grin dropped off rather quickly as Sam described the ascended side effects. What was the point of being a vampire ascended if you couldn’t enjoy it. He stayed silent a moment, letting Sam have his moment to brood, before tactfully speaking up again. ”That sounds like it fucking sucks.”

Nate’s mind very quickly shifted to another interesting little fact Sam had dropped, namely an ex boyfriend. It was enough that Nate felt a little better for his rashness in the library, through it did give an excuse to lean in again. ”You know, I didn’t exactly peg as the type of guy with an ex. Sounds like he was an okay guy though, if he helped you out like that.”

He had mostly been joking about the werewolf thing, so finding out there were people who actually did have the power to change into wolves was a surprise, enough of one that he didn’t immediately have any kind of clever comeback. ”I don’t think I can do anything fancy. Kinda disappointing, but I mean... it kinda sounds like ya for the best.’ If ascended had such terrible drawbacks, he could only imagine what the drawbacks for the other races must be.’
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"I suppose...yes, it did." While Sam would not use the same words, Nate was not wrong. Though any musings he had on the nature of being Ascended left when Nate rather insultingly said he didn't seem like the kind of person to 'have an ex'. What did that mean? That he didn't seem like the kind of person to break up...? Or that he didn't seem like the kind of person to get a date in the first place? Sam's frown showed his distaste for the comment immediately.

He nodded though, not wanting to start a fight. "Yes, it is best to be normal and boring, I think. I can help you set up some kind of job with the medical workers here, and find you a home. You can begin a perfectly normal and fine life. Trust me: It's better."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nate

Nate’s brows furrowed as Sams lip curled, unable to understand his sudden look of distaste. Was it what he’d said? He hadn’t meant to offend, just... Sam really didn’t look like he had much experience with anyone, let alone a romantic partner.

Sam seemed to get over it quickly though, so Nate did as well, sitting up and bringing his cup of mostly tea back with him. ”Find me a home? Trying  to get me out already, huh?” Nate laughed, trying to bring a lighter mood back to their conversation. ”You know, you might like me if you give me a chance. I grow on people.” The words were followed up with a wink, Nate entirely unable to keep a flirty tone out of his voice, whether Sam wanted it or not.

”A job though... that would be nice.” Nate admitted, his expression growing thoughtful. The idea that he could rebuild himself into someone respectable had taken a hold of him, and it started with a profession that wasn’t greasy and illegal. It had been a long time since he’d practiced any kind of medicine, but judging from what he’d seen, even his knowledge was going to be useful. ”It’s really nice of you to help me out. Where I come from, I’dve been kicked in the teeth by now.” He laughed, even though the words hadn’t really been a joke.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"I just think you may be happier with your own home, eventually." Sam answered, dodging the accusation of distaste (which was at least somewhat accurate) with a shrug. "Many of the Outlanders have taken on houses from nearby here, and I think it helps them feel more at home." He left it there; it was ultimately Nate's choice. As for growing to like him...sure, it was possible, but all he did for the moment was nod.

He was surprised at the sudden compliment, smiled towards his cup. "You're welcome. I would never try to hurt someone unless they had a bad intent for me or my friends."

Glancing at the clock, Sam yawned. It was not that late, and he didn't need to sleep, but Nate didn't know that and he had never been great at first conversations. "Well. I'll get your bed set up down here, then. I hope you don't mind if I keep my own bed upstairs."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate

”Eventually maybe, but...” Nate looked down at his hands, clenching his fists in an effort to work out some of his stress. He huffed out a short, humourless laugh, then looked up at Sam, the smile on his face different than it had been the rest of the night. ”I’m a stranger, in a strange place Sam. It’s nice to be around... someone nice.”

Nate looked up over at the clock when Sam did, his brows raising a little bit at the time. Despite his growing affection for the other man, he still thought Sam was soft, and this did more to confirm that suspicion. Still, he played along, hiding any vulnerability he’d let out easily and leaning back. ”Sorry for keeping you up then. If you just get the uh... the blankets, and whatever else you had in mind, I can get it all set up myself.” He capped off the words with a smile, setting his mug back down on the table and waiting.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Putting himself in Nate's position, Sam knew he would have been clutching at the chance to live with someone as long as he could, so he just nodded and smiled. Hopefully one day Nate would feel comfortable on his own, but as long as he didn't cause trouble Sam didn't mind lending out his couch.

He saw the way the other man raised his eyebrows at the time, but could not explain his awkwardness now he'd put himself in it. Sighing, he went to get a selection of blankets from upstairs; luckily for Nate Sam had always been a hoarder for things that made him comfortable, sheets and candles and pillows, books.

Coming back down with several blankets and pillows in his arms, he dropped them by the edge of the couch. "If you get thirsty in the night, there is a pitcher of water in the kitchen. The bathroom is outside, a little past the back door. If you need anything else, you can come upstairs to get me, but please do knock." He did not like to be intruded on.

Sam took a couple of steps away towards the stairs, then turned back. "Welcome to Caido, Nate."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words