when you wish
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

please just don't forget me

It was dark by the time Ronin left the guildhall. Together he and Remi had cleaned the place from top to bottom, and that included upstairs. He had packed all of Vanya's old things into a large trunk which now sat beneath the bed - the bed he had requested Remi's help with replacing, because he couldn't quite bring himself to sleep in the place where she had died. Aoife had her own nursery, the pillows and other bedding were gone from the greathall and it had begun to feel like it used to, almost.

But Ronin had yet more to do. He had told Remi explicitly where he was going, worried that the alchemist would believe he had disappeared entirely if he didn't say so, but he had left Aoife at home for this particular trip. This felt like one he needed to make alone.

So, in the velvet night, Ronin stepped barefoot into the Glade and sank to his knees before the circle of stones. He lit a few candles, arranging them unconsciously into a pattern of constellations, seeming small and lost and confused when he was finished.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"It will take some getting used to." Safrin said, having appeared silently behind Ronin. The stones he had placed suddenly shimmered and rose into the air, dwindling and starting to shine as if they truly were bits of starlight in a larger constellation.

To Ronin Safrin would now look younger perhaps, or...was it more mortal? Or was it simply that he was less of what he used to be, and more of something else. Either way, the goddess would appear to him to be changed, despite the fact that it was Ronin who had done the changing.

"Are you angry?" She asked suddenly, head gently falling to the side.

Safrin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ronin took his hands back where they had been eager to adjust the stones a little more, a smile touching to his lips when they began to shine. Swallowing hard, he turned and glanced over his shoulder to see Safrin there, and his heart swelled with something he didn't quite know how to place. Devotion was as close as he could get, the ex-captain rising to his feet and offering her a bow befitting his days as a baron.

"Would that I knew what it was," he whispered, his voice unusually tight though he couldn't stop from smilng. He noticed the changes in the goddess he had pledged himself to, but in his eyes she was no less beautiful, no less larger than life.

His brow furrowed at her question, Ronin shaking his head. "No," he said. "I... Safrin, I don't know what I am. But... angry isn't in there," he assured her. "Thank you, for reuniting me with my friends and family. For everything you do and have done for me. I don't... I don't know what I did to merit it, truthfully."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

The goddess laughed demurely and waived her hand as Ronin bowed. "No, no, sugar. Never to me." She said softly, her perfectly painted lips drawing up in a smile.

"Not quite a man...certainly not a god. But somewhere in between." She offered as possibly an explanation, though it would no doubt elucidate almost nothing. As he mentioned that he didn't know what he did to merit it, the goddess laughed again, stretching out an arm and nodding towards it, indicating Ronin should link his arm through hers.

"It isn't always about you, sugar." He said with an amused smile, her eyes twinkling prophetically as she looked up into the sky. " Some of us just weren't ready to see you  shine from so far away...But—" She mused, tugging him closer and giving him a playfully admonishing stare, "—do not treat this second life casually. The stars that aligned, so to speak, to make this possible...I do not believe it will come to pass again."

Safrin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin straightened up, his expression innocently puzzled as she waved away his attempts at etiquette, leaving him feeling strangely awkward. She was the goddess and he had literally been plucked out of the stars by her hand. Surely that meant... it meant...

But then Safrin spoke and his blue eyes widened, Ronin gazing down at his hands as if expecting them to suddenly burst with magic or something. Not quite a man...certainly not a god. But somewhere in between.

"...Oh." He swallowed, not really having anything else he could say to that. Obediently he linked his arm with Safrin, instantly feeling more settled in a way he couldn't really place. He felt something close to the peace and serenity he'd had up in the sky with Vanya, and it showed in the tension that drained from his posture.

She tugged him closer and he almost stumbled, smiling under the weight of her stare and giving a quick nod. "I didn't expect it once. It's not a gift I would waste, never. I... I can watch my daughter grow up."

Change author:

"Mmmm." Safrin agreed with a happy nod. "Aoife is truly something special."  She added, cheeks round with mirth and joy as they strolled through a twilight haze that seemed to tunnel before them.

"You will perhaps notice...some changes. Certainly your body is new. Fresh. It is as close to what you were before. But..there will be other things as well. A soul attracts certain things to it. It can never be cleansed or truly erased. Your time in the stars will perhaps not be something that remains a part of your past.'

Safrin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"She is," Ronin murmured in agreement, his voice warmed by love, a quiet smile on his face as he strolled with Safrin through the celestial tunnel. "I've already missed so much, though. And Remi, he has... well. It feels he is more her father now than I am. He took on so much responsibility because of me." He frowned, the guilt evident in his tone.

But as Safrin continued to speak and to explain, he arched an eyebrow and slowed his steps. What she said simply seemed to... click, all of a sudden, Ronin nodding to her earnestly. "When I close my eyes, I can still see them. The stars, the constellations, Vanya. Day or night, they're there."

Change author:

"Isn't that what friends are for?" Safrin replied, gently understanding in her galactic gaze. "But this war...this fight. The demon, the Spire, all of it. It was never your war to fight, and yet you did."

As he slowed, so too did the goddess. The vibrant night air hung around them and the stars seemed to glisten all the more brightly. "Yes. That will never fade, even with time. But those are not the only changes I mean." She said with a chuckle, nudging Ronin almost playfully. "Don't ask me what I do mean though, because even I'm not sure. It has been a long, long time since there was someone like you walking the face of Caido. How it will manifest...well...I suppose we will see."

Safrin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Yes, I suppose so," Ronin murmured in return, a gentle and damned near adoring smile on his face at the thought of what his friends had done for him both before and after his death. He laughed quietly as she spoke of the Spire and the fight he'd ultimately given his life to win. "But it was," he said quietly. "All I know is the fight. From when I was small right up to when I was dropped here. I made this my war. At least now it is over." As far as he was aware anyway.

He stumbled and laughed softly as he was nudged, shaking his head. "I feel like quite the anomaly, when you put it like that. My body being new, too... is that why I feel so weak?" Ronin gazed down at his hands; it was like he remembered everything he had learned and trained, but his body no longer felt capable of following his instructions.

I suppose we will see, Safrin said, and Ronin could only nod in agreement. Offering her a lopsided smile, he shrugged to her and ruffled a hand through his hair. "Well," he said. "I was willing to pledge myself to you before - that certainly hasn't changed. I'm here, and I'm ready. What would you have of me?"

Change author:

"This part of it anyways." Safrin agreed a touch ominously.

"Yes. It would have taken a mind like the Voice to bring you back as you had once been...as you saw when you were first brought here. That was her doing. Her design. I would not lower myself to replicate it." Safrin explained with a slight sneer on her lips. "And so for now you are weakened. But it won't last." She added with a smile.

With a laugh, Safrin tugged him to her as they strolled, a hum deep in her throat. "I suppose you are now one of mine. A bringer of life. Perhaps when you are more strong, more used to this form and what it can do you can assist me with my tasks. Until then though, I am sure that there are many who simply wish to see you. Your time with me can wait."

Safrin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin heard the air of something unfinished in Safrin’s voice, but he thought better than to ask about it at present. From what she had said about the nature of his being brought back, he likely wasn’t in any fit state to help just now. It would have to wait, and in the meantime he would have to train harder than he’d ever trained before. At least he wasn’t a stranger to that.

Pink dusted his cheeks as she pulled him close; Ronin might be different physically and he might have been to the stars and back, but he still didn’t feel worthy of all of this. To come back from death when so many before him had perished... why him and not them? Banishing his dark thoughts, he glanced up at what was officially now his patron, grinning at the term she used. A bringer of life? It sounded right up his street, honestly.

”Yes,” he agreed, a smile lighting up his face. ”Then I will visit again, when I am stronger. Next time I’ll bring Aoife, too.”

Change author:

"You had better." Safrin agreed with a wink and small laugh, and suddenly they were back where they had begun though they had only taken a few steps and had never once turned back around.

"Until then..." In her hand there suddenly appeared a necklace not unlike the one he had worn previously. The galactic eye etched into the prismatic black stone on a chain of silver.

Safrin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin had to blink a few times as the celestial majesty was replaced with the regular majesty of the glade, the ex-captain smiling as he allowed himself to readjust to the place. He glanced back at Safrin as she produced the necklace, a charming smile curling across his face. Giving her a half bow of gratitude, he accepted it at once and looped it around his neck. Suddenly, things felt a little more right with the world.

"Until then," he agreed, taking a deep breath and releasing it again. Until then he had a lot of work to do. And a lot of things to take care of. A lot of living to get on with. And now that he was a bit more aware of exactly what he had become, he was keen to get started.