if you go down to the woods today
Adam
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ianto
Ianto led Adam through the hidden pathways of the Greatwood without so much as looking back. On a fox's paws his steps were sure, even if the other man would likely realise that they made no particular sense. Sometimes it would appear that they went back on themselves, that they crossed the river and then back over it again, and that even the sky and weather appeared to change. But eventually Ianto slowed down somewhat, and through the treeline Adam might just begin to make out the bustling village of the fae.

He would see their homes, suspended in the trees like pods or flowerbuds; the Observatory overhead, keenly watching the skies even by day; the marketplace and the winged folk darting here and there on their daily errands. Ianto, however, didn't bother to enter those last few steps into the village proper.

Instead, he plonked himself to sit down at the fringes of the pathway, jaw lolling open in a foxy grin, and nodded to Adam as if to let him know he had arrived.

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

This really was shaping up to be a weird day indeed; not only was he following a fox, but the fox seemed to very confidently be going in a completely nonsense direction. Adam was exhausted enough from trying to keep up that he didn't ask him what the fuck he was doing, at least not vocally. If Ianto looked back he'd see Adam's face in a constant expression of unimpressed confusion. Coffee, picking up on his mood, flitted back and forth and swooped around the fox as if trying to guess where he would go next.

Finally there was something other than trees: a town like one he'd never really seen before, not classical old buildings but hanging pods above him. People here had wings, too. Adam looked about wide-mouthed, then back to the fox.

"..Am I fucking high. You'd tell me if you were an illusion, right? 'Cos you're a fox and those are fucking fairies and this place is really weird."

ADAM
maybe i'm my own greatest fear
maybe i'm too scared to admit that
i might not be as dark as i think
maybe i'm not the person
that i never wanted to be
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Saying they descended like flies to honey would be far too sweet a picture. Instead it was like a hoard of hornets on fresh meat.

With uncanny speed, faces painted with what looked like ash, and lips drawn into tight lines, a dozen or so of the fae suddenly encircled Adam with their spears pointed directly at his throat, and then lower down at some of his more vital bits.

A woman approached from in front of Adam. She was petite as all the fae were, but she bore the markings of battle and her diminutive size did little to decrease her intimidate factor. "This is not normally what you bring us." She muttered beneath her breath, turning to give the fox a temporary glance before levelling her stare back at Adam.

Grunts of, It was only a matter of time! and Kill him before he brings more, and Fucking barrier! dropped from the lips of Delah's spear-weilding group, but she silenced them with a quick whistle.

"Take him to the pit." She said, voice ringing with an ominous finality.

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Ianto
Ianto cocked his head this way and that at Adam, as if wondering what all of his fuss was about. He had asked to be taken to the village, and here he was. He'd not asked for any further details - indeed, or whether the people were friendly to strangers (Delah would quickly confirm that they were not). Adam had asked and Ianto had delivered. His part, then, was done.

So as the Fae swooped down with their spears and their musical language and Delah made her observations, Ianto shifted back into his human form, still lounging quite comfortably against a tree. "He wished to be brought here," he said simply, his accent lilting around the words. "He'd like to know the way to Akkarain or Sainen. I'm but a lowly merchant of the Wildwood, Delah. I thought your people in their wisdom may know of these places."

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam knew what a trap looked like.

Several spears aimed at your neck (and other, more worrying places) was a good sign. As soon as the fae appeared he sighed and rolled his eyes to the heavens, pissed off at himself for not guessing this was where this was going. He'd been made soft by his weeks here, where most people he'd met had been well intentioned. He hadn't thought about the bastards he used to know, people like Ianto who would betray at the drop of a hat.

He wasn't particularly scared, though. He'd been in much worse places than this with much scarier people. Adam looked to each of his captors then to Ianto (who would one day wake up to piss in his bed, Adam thought). "Now, hey. I dunno what this 'pit' is, but it doesn't sound like a sexy time. Can't we just sort this out? Like your buddy there said, I just wanna know the way to somewhere. I can be outta here like a dirty shirt if you just let me go on my way."

He raised one hand up in a surrender but lowered the other to his left gun, just tracing the holster with his fingers for the moment. Coffee flew in circles above his master's head, ready to attack if necessary.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Delah's eyes were like darkened stone as she flashed a stare towards Ianto. The merchant was untouchable for all intents and purposes, and yet for the fae's hardened exterior she had grown rather fond of him. Perhaps that was why her gaze turned solely to Adam, laying the blame and audacity of ignorance at his feet, rather than the fox's.

Barking something to her guards in a language that to Adam would sound almost like whispers and nails tearing bark, she crossed her arms. "A sexy time?" She echoed, hostility lacing her words. "Your preferences mean nothing. Take him to the pit."

Prodding the man with their spears, the Fae would force him to walk forward, their spears biting into his shoes and the back of his legs should he try to dawdle.

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
If Ianto had been asked, he would have informed Adam, quite frankly, that there was no betrayal in what had happened. Everything he had said was true - he had led him to the Fae village, and he believed that the people there would know of the places he spoke about. But Adam hadn't asked if the winged folk would be receptive to his visit. Perhaps he ought to have done a little more scouting around before following a fox into a forest.

Still, none of this did much to get him out of this situation, and Ianto watched idly by as he was poked and prodded towards the pit. "More will come," he said in a soft voice to Delah. "More are exploring the forest every day. I'm sure your own folk already have stories about them."

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"They actually mean quite a lot to m--ow. Fuck, fine, let's go see the pit." Adam sighed and rolled his eyes, still seeming no more than mildly irritated by this whole thing. Coffee followed at a height, watchful eyes on his head. As he passed Ianto Adam glared, flipped him off. "Last fucking time I offer you a blowie, mate. Shoulda gotten it while it was fresh. You ask for one now and I'll bite your knob off."

With his 'witty' comebacks aside he followed obediantly to where the Fae wanted to lead him, not wanting to argue anymore until he could find an opening to escape or some new leverage.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
"Our pits are deep." Delah replied, iron-cast eyes unwavering from her captive even as her ear cocked slightly to catch the fox's words.

Marching Adam around the village where many fae watched with openly hostile gazes, eventually they came to the aptly named pit. Though it wasn't so much of a pit as it was a chasm. No sooner had they reached it, Delah barked a command in that otherworldly language, and the spears at Adam's back began to shove him forward. The pit was 30ft down at least, likely more, with sheer walls made of dirt.

"Jump." Delah commanded, jaw stern and eyes like stones.

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Ha. There's a joke there if you wanted to make it." Adam smirked, but left it unsaid. Even he was smart enough to know to shut his mouth when things were getting this tense. He followed, expecting to see a well or maybe a bit of a drop.

When he actually saw The Pit, his eyes widened and his lips pulled into a taunt line. Oh. This was going to be a lot harder than he had expected. Jump He was instructed. Adam looked down into the deep hole which would certainly mean death and decided he would rather not.

He tried to use the few seconds he had to the best of his advantage. Trying to suddenly duck down he whipped around and took his guns out at the same time, firing what was meant to be two warning shots past some of the fae, but if they hit...well. He wouldn't mourn too much. As he did this Coffee swooped down and blew fire at the heads of the Fae, not enough to catch but enough to distract so Adam could try and push through the legs of the crowd and run.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
As the guns fired, a sound like thunder and lightning coming from the small cylinder of the bit of metal the strange man had, the fae suddenly screeched. It was a sound like a thousand crickets rubbing their wings together all at once, and sparks of angry and wild magic flit from their small bodies as they scattered. Only Delah kept her composure in the fact of this strange magic, for that was all it was. With an eye on the dragon, a creature she intimitaely understood, she turned a dark moss coloured stare towards Adam and smirked.

"Jump" She demanded again, and as she did a roar that made the pistol rapport sound like a stone thrown on the water, a fully grown dragon suddenly appeared next to Delah, dwarfing everything around them. Nearly 3 stories tall, the green dragon snapped at Coffee, the dragonling about the size of one of its feet. With eyes of amber directed at Adam, the dragon bared its fangs in a toothy grin as it landed with a thummpppppp in front of the accepted, stalking forward to force him into the pit.
In places deep
With roots entwined
I live the life I left behind
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

The screams from the Fae made Adam grit his teeth, his hands going to his ears with his guns pointed to the sky. "Euughhh." With his eyes shut from the sound he did not at first realise what the horrendously loud noise was, but when he opened them again to see the dragon he could not make any sound his shock was so great. Coffee flitted away and Adam was glad; he didn't want to see the plucky little creature hurt.

It seemed like there really wasn't a choice.

Hoping his usual luck might save him, Adam sighed and looked over his shoulder at the Pit. Well, he would always do things in style. He lifted his arms, saluted the Fae, and with a wink tipped backwards over the edge, watching Coffee fly down after him as the edge of the cliff disappeared upwards.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
Had Adam been paying quite close attention, he might have seen the whisper of a smirk grace Delah's features as he resigned himself to his fate and, in a rather showy display, followed her orders.

Quickly though whatever sort of expression had been there disappeared, and her jaw set as she turned back to the ground of Fae who had so cowed beneath the rapport of the gun. Hissing something at them in their strange language, her guard bowed their heads and said nothing, they weight of her disapproval far too oppressive.

For Adam though, he would find himself falling into the pit with ease. Falling slowly as if gravity was only paying partial attention, he'd see that the walls of the pit, though entire earthen, had strange and beautiful tapestries carved into them. At the bottom he would find marginal provisions, and a tunnel which led to a small cave with a bed.
In places deep
With roots entwined
I live the life I left behind
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Holy Fuck Holy Fuck Holy Fuck--

Adam's internal monologue, what had been going to be his last thoughts, suddenly stopped as he realised he wasn't plummeting towards the ground. He cracked open one eye to see his fall had slowed considerably, Coffee looking just as confused as he gently was almost carried to the earth, Adam pushing himself up on his elbows once he had reached the bottom to look about.

If he was dead, being a ghost wasn't so bad. Standing up, he thought to walk to see if he could find a way out of this place. Before long he had found a little cave and entered, Coffee walking beside him with a flame licking through his lips to illuminate the dark.

He had never been one for art and did not appreciate the tapestries beyond a "Oh, cool." but was glad for the provisions, taking them in his arms and going to sit on the bed. Just what was going on he wasn't sure, but not dead was about as good of a start as he could ask for.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person