Force of nature
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i'll be here 'till we collide
It is not because of you. Remi replied, feeling Sam's uncertainty clear as a bell. At least...not all because of you. He qualified with a sad smile (or as sad and as smiley as a raccoon could be). This whole place has changed me. It.... it is not any one thing.

Glancing over, Remi nibbled the inside of his lip and stared down at the branch for a moment. But his thoughts and emotions were still open on the current between them, and so there was no reason for him to try and do anything other than be honest. It is...difficult, to say the least. To remember what I know happened, and then to image the things that came before. To tell myself how I once felt...it all sort of comes to a head when you bite. All those thoughts and feelings get mixed up with the pleasure of it all... Gently he laughed mentally, before glancing over at Sam. I know I should not have kissed you in the guild, and yet I did anyway. The raccoon shook his head slightly. But flying....it really is amazing. I would share it with you again.

As for the other thing, the raccoon could merely shake his head. I do not know. He replied simply, though the pulse of approval through the bond suggested that Remi thought Sam's lack of superiority was probably the right perspective to have.
so crash into me one more time

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sam
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Right. Sam acknowledged Remi's clarification but could not help the beat of sadness at not all because of you. That he had contributed to Remi's sadness, his locking-away...it made him wish he had never spoken to anyone at all, for he had always been destined to ruin it.

He was surprised to learn of Remi's willingness to provide him the ability to fly, even though it brought up complicated emotions between them. Sam had to bite his tongue before he said something like I'm glad you kissed me, his thoughts all over the place. To that kiss, then to the other ripped from him by Nate in the library; had either been more significant than the other?

Maybe we can try something in a little while, then. I feel it is probably polite to invite you over for tea at least a few times first. There was a kind of forced humour in this, covering up sadness, but Sam did truly mean it. He knew what Remi was offering, knew it would not come easily. And if you ever changed your mind...I trust you would tell me.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi tried not to peer down into Sam's mind through their bond. It was too painful, too confusing. Had he known the contents of the bookmaker's mind it would have hurt, and would have solidified all that Remi already thought and suspected. But as it was, he kept his thoughts on the bark beneath his dexterous paws.

With a warm chuckle, the raccoon agreed. I do like tea. At Sam's more serious request though, Remi turned to look across at his counterpart, nodding with genuine seriousness. Yes. I would.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sam

Sam nodded at Remi's answers, though it suddenly occurred to them they were being awfully serious for a conversation had on a branch as raccoons. He stood, surprised at how easy it was to balance and grab on with his new little hands, and looked about. So before we go back...I cannot believe I'm saying this. But would you like to race?

Without waiting for answer (he suspected it would be yes) he set off, bounding away from tree to tree like before, enjoying the simple thrill of going fast and for once not being scared of the heights, the shaking branches beneath his feet. Was this what it was like to enjoy life?

A gleeful, happy laughter-filled mood passed through the bond as he looked back to Remi, seeing if he was following.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For a moment, Remi merely stared at the fluff-ball suddenly scurrying away from him. Even in the brief memories that Remi had of Sam (as well as those told to him) the pair had always been strangely serious. Or sexual. Or getting attacked by something. But never playful. Bearing white teeth in an enthusiastic grin, Remi too set off after Sam.

Though when the bookmaker turned around to see if he was being followed, he wouldn't see Remi at all.

At least not right away.

Jump off the bough! Towards the ground! Remi's voice instructed from somewhere behind Sam, his words laced with a bright amusement.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam

Huh?! Sam was confused to see Remi not behind him at all, wondering if he had somehow gotten so fast he had left the other raccoon far away. But no, then Remi's voice was in his mind, telling him to jump. He hesitated for just a second, having lost his momentum giving fear a chance to slip in, but he trusted Remi.

Or at least, he had once, and that was enough for him now.

Sam jumped, squeezing his eyes shut before the expected impact of the ground.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
A dark shape would fall over Sam then, and he'd feel a pinch around the scruff of his neck. For a moment his weightless fall would be interrupted and then he'd dip down again as the shape above him tried to gain his balance. And then they were up and off.

Remi was large for a hawk—one of the largest species of them in fact—but raccoons were large too. Still, Remi could carry Sam for a time and let him experience what it was like to fly without any of the messiness of actually getting there.

Does it hurt? Remi asked as he piloted Sam through the trees, doing his best not to grip too tightly with his talons, but of course not wanting to let Sam drop either.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam
Sam had his eyes screwed tight shut as he fell and the tight pinch on the back of his neck made him open them in shock and fear for just a second before he realised what was happening, tried to balance excitement and terror as he watched the ground beneath him zoom past and grow further away.

When Remi asked his question he forgot to respond for a moment, too busy staring, but suddenly his brain kicked back into motion. No, not really. He could feel the pinch of the claws in his back, but not badly enough to really feel too wounded by them.

Once his initial trepidation had passed, Sam let himself enjoy it. The wind rushing past his face, the view of the place he'd grown up in spread beneath him as if he were a king. This is...amazing, Remi. You see this all the time?

He held out his little hands to feel the air running by them and Remi would feel a joy beginning to bloom in Sam.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Well, when I am flying, yes. Remi replied with a mental smile. I would take you higher, but I worry...birds are not known for their muscles. I would hate to drop you. He added with a concerned sort of trill in his voice, continuing to skirt Sam along the boughs of the trees.

The happiness and joy that Sam felt was echoed tenfold by the alchemist. Banking into a large circle so that they did not get too deep into the woods (bad things usually found Remi when he wandered too far), the hawk let himself rise and fall with the air currents trying to give Sam the most rounded experience of flight possible, without actually doing it himself.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam

I would hate to be dropped. Sam agreed, quite happy with the height he was at for the moment. It was enough to see the trees fly by underneath, to look at the streams and blurs of rabbits and distant blobs of buildings, enough to feel the wind and the simple joy of flight. Remi had given him this gift before and he understood now the elation in his diary entry on it.

They flew for a while before he had had enough, finally wanting to drop back down to the ground. When he did he turned back to a man just as his feet reached the fallen leaves, small furry toes turning to neat shoes, Sam nearly stumbling at his sudden gain in height.

He thanked Remi profusely for the chance to experience it all, suspecting that despite the promises it might somehow be his last time doing such a thing.

(end)