Court of the Fallen
rais. yor. hanT - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: rais. yor. hanT (/showthread.php?tid=9598)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-07-2024

[say]"We just need to smooth things out."[/say] Charlie agreed brightly. [say]"Even we had to make sure we didn't ruffle the wrong feathers back in my day, but it definitely wasn't anything like this."[/say] For one, there were hundreds more ancients to tip the scales. [say]"I told Asta before about an agreement we used to have with one of the monster-hunting guilds. That was the easiest way to go after prey that was allowed to run."[/say] Charlie explains with a nostalgic sigh. It might have spoiled the meat according to some when the prey died frightened, but there was something utterly intoxicating about chasing down something that knew you were after them.

[say]"But sacrifices were easy enough to find. Even with your fancy skyships, I bet merchants still wander."[/say]

Not wanting to frighten any wildlife off with her inferno, Charlie dampened her flames back considerably until they were nothing more than small orbs floating before she and Danta. [say]"Oooh, clever."[/say] The priestess purrs admiringly before turning blue eyes to the wound. [say]"If you want that healed, just say the word."[/say]

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Dantalion - 06-07-2024

[say]"Oh? Well, I happen to know the man in charge of the largest monster hunting guild here, and that sounds like a very good idea."[/say] With a toothy grin, Danta absolutely plans to have a word with Deimos about being able to chase after anything nasty that they're going to be hunting down anyway. Where's the harm, after all?

Coating another tree with blood, he can't help but scoff to Charlie and shake his head. [say]"Those are not my fancy skyships,"[/say] he informs her. [say]"They were a surprise to me as well. But you're right. A few merchants wandered into my teeth when I was first coming down from the Climb."[/say]

Once he's made enough of a mess that any predator worth their salt would want to investigate, he nods for he and Charlie to go and hunker down somewhere and stake the place out. [say]"You can? Gods, it's been a long time since I saw bloodboon magic. Please, be my guest."[/say]

[say]"Oh, err..."[/say] Flashing the Maverick an apologetic smile, Charlie wraps her arms around one of his as they stroll. [say]"What we did, was offer up precious gemstones from the Climb. Back in my day only ancients were allowed in, which made all of Dygra's gems much more rare."[/say] Charlie explains with a skip in her step to keep up with Danta's strides. [say]"The Guild leader would announce that there was going to be a prize for the hunter who bagged the monster, which meant that people from all over Caido would show up."[/say] The implication was that, of course, there were bound to be strangers. Strangers who, if they were to disappear, wouldn't be missed. [say]"And if a few didn't make it back? Well, that only reaffirmed the need for a monster hunter's guild."[/say]

Tutting playfully under her breath, the priestess grinned. [say]"They really should have been looking where they were going."[/say] She scoffed daintily, before drawing to a halt in the snow. Wiggling her fingers animatedly, the little blonde reached into her pocket for a hand-sized dagger bejewelled with rubies and garnets.

[say]"Ugh, so many clothes."[/say] Charlie complains as she glances down at herself. Entirely muffled by clothing, the priestess can only huff under her breath. [say]"I always hate using my palm."[/say] She says. In a flash the dagger sings across her skin revealing a bright red line of blood. Turning to Danta, she blows across the wounds on his forearm before turning her breath to her palm. The skin neatly stitches itself back together—it was fresh and a clean cut— but to make sure, she presses a kiss against the Maverick's wound.

[say]"You're quite brilliant, you know,"[/say] Danta says with a lamenting sigh, catching her drift when it comes to the difference between monster hunting and monster hunting. [say]"I'd love to know how things went from what you experienced to how things were when Asta and I were around."[/say] Alas, it's likely a lot of forgotten history - and that's not exactly a bad thing, not considering how keen Danta is to focus on the here and now.

Case in point - he pauses to see Charlie take out her very official looking dagger, entranced to watch her magic at work. [say]"I never get tired of watching that happen,"[/say] he admits, and perhaps he'd have directed her kiss to one against his lips if the sudden grunt of something large and hungry didn't echo through the snow nearby. [say]"I think we might have found ourselves a bear,"[/say] he whispers.

[say]"Why thank you."[/say] Charlie purrs, not shying away at all from his compliment but somehow seeming to grow even more effervescent for it (if that was even possible). [say]"Me too. Back before, Halo wasn't around. There was nothing cold near the Climb. If it was there when you and Asta were alive, maybe...maybe it was having the cold so close?"[/say] Cold magic had been what put a halt on Charlie's life, but perhaps if the weather itself was weaponized against its neighbours, that had been what stunted the ancients' formerly expansive presence?

[say]"I normally prefer to slice my inner thigh."[/say] Charlie begins to explain before she too hears the dry crackle of twigs being broken beneath the weight of something large. Her smile is slower to spread than normal, taking on a more predatory slant as she shifts and peers around a tree.

The bear they've stumbled upon—or that has stumbled upon them—is a grizzly. Though it isn't full grown, its more than large enough to make mincemeat out of the two of them if they weren't careful. [say]"It's huge!"[/say] Charlie whispers excitedly, before turning her gaze back to the bear.

[say]"If I can distract it, do you think you can cut its throat and then get back out of the way?"[/say]

[say]"Maybe. That would explain it, to be honest. I suppose we can't complain too much, then, if the natural chaos of things is what caused them to change."[/say] That would be a very Dygra circumstance, it's true, even if it hadn't been entirely to her children's benefit. Such was the sort of goddess they worshipped, and Danta wouldn't have it any other way.

And while he'd normally take great pleasure in hearing about Charlie's preferences when it comes to anything, there's a bear to kill, and so (resisting the urge to that's what she said at the priestess's comments), Danta offers a sly nod and is already slinking back a few feet. [say]"If you can get it back under these branches, I'll drop on it,"[/say] he whispers.

Leaving Charlie to Goldilocks her way into the bear's track, the Maverick steps out of her aura of warmth so he can hoist himself up into the lower branches of the tree. Shuffling out onto one of the boughs, it puts him in a good spot to land on the bear's back, knife in hand. That's the plan, anyway.

[say]"Very good worshipping."[/say] Charlie gushes, and though she's both older and younger than Danta, their age difference doesn't change the way she's keen to praise him at every turn.

Waiting until Danta was at least most of the way up the tree, Charlie, knife still in hand, stepped out onto the pathway. Placing the blade over the precise spot she'd just opened up, this time instead of tugging at her healing abilities, she sent a blast of bloodbane directly at the creature both in an attempt to surprise it, but also to get its attention. [say]"Come on then, big boy."[/say] She called, waggling her fingers at the grizzly.

As the bear roared and charged, Charlie immediately danced back, whipping up a circle of fire around the creature and the tree that Danta was in. With a snarl of fury the creature skidded to a halt before opening its jaws and booming a cry of anger at the little ancient who was properly wreathed in fire. She'd have to begin shedding her clothes as they burned, but so what?

Nothing was off-limits when it came to worshipping Dygra.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Dantalion - 06-08-2024

Feeling very pleased with himself - it is good worshipping, thanks Charlie - as he lurks among the lower boughs of the tree, Danta watches with open admiration as his fellow Ancient blatantly antagonises a grizzly bear. She's hot, and not just in the covered-in-fire sense, and by the time the bear is rearing up and roaring its displeasure, the Maverick is as ready as he'll ever be.

Dropping silently from the branches and landing directly on the creature's back, Danta becomes cognizant of two things in that moment. First, even bears that aren't fully grown are big. Second, the ruff around its neck has no right to be so thick with fur and flesh and muscle. The knife in his hand does sink in to the hilt, luckily, and the spurt of blood it creates (and the groan of outrage from the animal) proves that he's hit a deadly mark, but he's simply not strong enough to cut through the tough flesh and slit its throat.

Which is about when it tires of having him on his back, twisting with enough force to throw the Theocrat a fair distance. He lands with a thump on the snow-packed ground, skidding and rolling, but unable to get instantly back to his feet.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Charlie - 06-09-2024

Tossing her coat off as the edges began to melt together, the blonde let her tail whip animatedly back and forth to keep the bear's eyes focused on her. As Danta dropped from the tree, Charlie's laughter filled the firey circle, before abruptly ending in a cry of concern as the Maverick was thrown like a ragdoll out of her line of sight.

[say]"That was very naughty."[/say] The little blonde purred, her tail now switching back and forth. Of course the bear was just doing what bears did, and though Charlie wouldn't hold it against the creature, nor would she go easy on it. Sending out two small balls of fire, the priestess aimed them toward the grizzly's eyes, meaning to scorch them out of their sockets and render the creature entirely blind. Hopefully, the memory of the flames would keep it from wandering too far while she went to find Danta.

With her knife, Charlie once again slashed at her palm before making a fist around the blood dripping from her skin. [say]"Danta?"[/say] She called out, her blue stare wide as she tried to blink into the darkness, momentarily blinded by the brightness of her own flames.

RE: rais. yor. hanT - Dantalion - 06-09-2024

[say]"I'm alright."[/say]

The Maverick certainly doesn't sound alright - he's winded, there's blood between his teeth and the way his ribs violently protest suggests he's probably cracked one or two of them, but that doesn't mean he's about to give up the chase. Indeed, as the bear bellows its loss of sight and thrashes blindly around the clearing, Danta's eyes, dark with bloodlust, never leave it.

[say]"Heal me later - kill it now,"[/say] he huffs to Charlie, knife back in hand as he pushes himself forward again, keeping low to the ground away from the creature's flailing claws. This time he aims for one of the bear's back legs, hoping to get it on the ground where it will be easier to take out for good. With the amount of blood he can smell in the air, he doesn't think it's long for this world anyway - but there's a saying somewhere about burning out versus fading away, and dying passively of blood loss is no worthy end for a predator like this.

Following the sound of Danta's voice, a few more blinks has Charlie's night vision returning enough for her to spot the Maverick and go to him. Already having activated her Bloodboon, the priestess can only bounce her eyebrows before blowing in Danta's face. It'll take more time and health than she currently has to straighten his cracked ribs, but at least she can soothe the sting from his bloodier and more superficial injuries.

Stalking along behind him, as the Maverick opts for the lower road Charlie parts from his side and reaches out for the bear's pelt. Scrambling up its flank, the little ancient locks her legs just behind its shoulder, grasping at the thick ruff of hair around its neck. The combination of her size and the bear's anatomy makes it such that short of falling onto his back, the grizzly can't reach her. With a peel of laughter, Charlie rides the beast as she tightens the ring of fire around them.

The scent of heat and copper has the priestess's eyes growing similarly dark with bloodlust, and as she feels the grizzly's strength begin to wain beneath her, so too does her hunger proportionately grow. [say]"I'm going to coat myself in your blood."[/say] She whispers to the dying creature as it turns, blind and immobile. [say]"And each time someone fucks on your magnificent pelt, they'll remember how mighty you were."[/say] This is of no consolation to the bear, who continues to twist its head, snarling at Charlie over its shoulder and spraying thick streams of blood in a slowly shrinking circle.

A combination of Charlie's scramble up the bear's back and Danta's taking out its back legs has the creature more or less on the ground in the next few moments, and the Maverick has to get himself promptly out of the way lest it decide to crush him under its considerable weight. He can hear the priestess's siren song as he creeps around to the end of the bear with all the teeth, Danta peering between it and Charlie and finally able to reach out and draw the blade deeply across the creature's throat.

Instantly coated in blood where it greedily soaks into the knees of his pants and the snow all around, the Maverick grins as the bear gives a final, futile snap of its jaws before collapsing completely. Unable to take a full breath for the pain, but feeling almost high on the kill (and the minor oxygen deprivation, Danta, don't kid yourself), it's with a dark smile that he gazes up at Charlie, only to lean up to press bloody lips against hers.

Stretching herself forward to grasp the bear's considerable skull between her hands, Charlie slithers forward until she's lounging on the beast as if it were a fainting couch perfectly designed to contour against the curves of her body. Reaching down Charlie strokes the bear's fur until her fingers are stained and soaked with its blood, her touches reverent and sensual upon its gaping wounds.

Tilting her chin up as Danta neared, Charlie's blue eyes darken before closing as his lips press against hers. Sampling the Maverick's kiss as if he were an entrée, the blonde hums greedily as she tastes the dull static of blood on his tongue. [say]"Give me your knife,"[/say] the Priestess purrs as her fingers tighten in Danta's hair in order to tip his head back and expose his throat. Letting her teeth graze down the exposed flesh, she lets her tongue slowly trace the line of his jugular. [say]"I want to worship you inside of our kill."[/say] She had a blade of her own, but Danta's was bigger.

His head tilts back willingly, at the same time as his blade presses into her hands, and if Danta were a more suspicious sort he might be worried that Charlie is about to slit his throat as well. But her words are clear enough, and it's with a dark and fanged smile that he shifts back enough for her to be able to cut and slice as she pleases. In the meantime he rolls his shoulders and straightens on his knees as best he can; far from at his most acrobatic thanks to the efforts of the bear, he's nonetheless eager to worship in kind.

Helping to flay the bear's hide back with his bare hands, though he might not be able to work as diligently as the priestess with her knife, he certainly doesn't cringe back from it. With the creature's insides steaming in the cold air, Danta feels his mouth water; hopefully Charlie won't mind if he enjoys a strip of flesh from their kill in the meantime. You know, as a sampler.