Court of the Fallen
Tramps and Thieves - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Tramps and Thieves (/showthread.php?tid=1011)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-19-2019

Adam always wanted excitement, but he'd had far too much of it lately. What with burning his ass in the woods and being almost stabbed in the dick by fairies, he was actually ready for a little down time. Maybe just steal some easy things from the market, get some naps, do some substances that they didn't have names for in Caido.

He was sat by the side of a lane of houses, smoking something that wasn't tobacco in a lazily rolled cigarette, just watching the town go by. God, the people here were boring. Content to go about lives spent making things and living out regular routines. The kind of life he'd never wanted. Adam had only ever known how to live fast and wild, turning and twisting as his heart took him and not planning any more than ten minutes ahead.

Blowing a smoke ring in the air (old trick he'd learned in the brothels) he watched it fade up and away, wondered if he was ever going to see home again. He wasn't stupid - he knew he was likely romanticising it more and more as time went by, that he felt bored and sad plenty back there too...but he missed it so much. Once, he had hated the guards and walls of his home city. Now, they felt like long lost friends.

Sighing, he reached into his satchel to find more rolling papers.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-21-2019

Nate was wandering through the settlement, tryig to get his bearings (find the bar again). Normally, he prides himself on his sense of direction, but that was in a place he’d grown up. Now that he had to learn the streets all again, it was much harder. If he was stressed about being lost though, Nate didn’t let it show on his face, an easy grin glued to his lips.

Walking past an unfortunately familiar looking lane, Nate stopped, glancing down the street and trying to figure out if he’d walked down it, or simply past it. There was a man sat near the corner, smoking and looking like he’d been there a while, and was planning on staying longer. Nate frowned, considering his options, then approached him, intending to ask if the man had seen him pass by before, and if he knew the easiest way to the bar.

Intentions only lasted him until he came close, the pigment smell of something that was very decidedly not tobacco reaching Nate. With the bright smile on his face rekindling, he took the seat beside the man and leaned back. [say]”Hey, any chance I could get some of that off you? We could make a trade.”[/say] Nate tapped his breast pocket and lifted his brows, trying to make it seem like he had something worthwhile to trade. He was hoping the other man would be altruistic, but he wasn’t opposed to paying on his knees either.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-21-2019

Adam had expected hopefuls wanting to share back at home, but here no one had shown much interest. He was surprised to see Nate, took his time to answer, pulling the joint from his lips and blowing the last of his smoke away. A trade. He smirked at the idea. Usually, when someone had to come bum smokes off a guy in the road, they didn't have anything good to give.

But he'd humour him for a while. [say]"Well, what've you got for me? I got a limited amount of stuff, so it's gotta be good."[/say] Honestly, he had enough he could afford to give some away, but you were never altruistic if you had the chance of getting something.

[say]"I ain't seen you around, so I'm assuming you're new here, like I was. So unless you came with a big ol' bag of tricks, I don't think you have shit, mate."[/say] He crossed his arms, challenge made.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-22-2019

Nate grinned, glad Adam was humouring him. In his experience, you were as likely to be told to fuck off as you were to be actually considered. He made a show of thinking about it, pretending like he had a few things to offer before reaching into his jacket and withdrawing a small glass jar that had some remnants of a white powder clinging to the sides. [say]”I’ve got a little of this left. It’ll knock you on your ass faster than what you’ve got there.”[/say] He shook the jar enticingly, then palmed it again, not letting Adam get too good a look at it. [say]”Or... we could work something else out. Im sure you’ve got a mind for deals, huh?”[/say]

It came as a bit of surprise to Nate when Adam called him out for being new. He supposed it made sense, from what Sam had told him he wasn’t near the first person to be new, it must be easy to pick people out for anyone who’d been here a while.

[say]”We can be friendly about this, right?”[/say] Nate laughed, offering a hand out to tap at Adams crosses arms. [say]”I’m Nate. If you don’t want what I got, what else can I offer?”[/say]

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-22-2019

Adam looked at the little jar with an incredulous smirk, knowing a swindle when he saw one. There was barely enough powder there for one nostril on a sober night, no matter what it was. But still, he admired Nate trying, and he could relate, in a way; he'd done plenty of desperate haggling in his time.

[say]"Adam Pikely."[/say] He introduced himself (he had begun to grow bored of his own long introductions and now only did them on days he could care), looking confused down at the tap on his arms. [say]"And look...don't make a habit of this and don't go spreading it around, but I'm not gonna take your shitty tiny amount of whatever that is. Sit down."[/say] He tilted his head to the wall next to him then began to roll up a new smoke, this one for Nate.

[say]"So come on then. Tell me your fucking tale of woe. Everyone's got one."[/say] He passed a wonky joint to Nate, first holding it up for Coffee to fly by and blow a little puff of fire on it to light it.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-22-2019

Nate took a seat beside Adam, grinning over at him. [say]”Course it won’t be a habit. And I’ll get you back, one way or another. Scouts honour.”[/say] He drew a little cross over his heart as he spoke, the action making his words less than serious, and tucked the little jar that used to hold his own personal stash back in his pocket. The loan would be made up eventually, but for the moment Nate was just glad he didn’t have to give anything up to get a hoot.

The good humour on his face did fade a little as Nate watched Adam roll the joint though, his brows lifting at its crinkled profile. Objectively, he knew, beggars can’t be choosers but... damn. He accepted the lit smoke, his eyes wide but his mind not quite accepting how it was lit yet. If he didn’t mention it, he could pretend he hadn’t seen what looked like a small dragon until he was properly off his ass, and more in a position to talk about the insane.

[say]”I don’t really have a ‘tale of woe’.”[/say] Nate laughed, pausing to take a long drag off the smoke in his hand. He hummed, holding in the smoke as long as he could bear, before exhaling through his nose and laughing. [say]”I got really fucked up and ended up here. I had fun back home, and so far I’m having fun here. Did you know they don’t charge you at the bar?”[/say] Nate took another long drag and offered the joint back towards Adam, keeping his manners in mind. [say]”Do you have some sad story, is that it? Get me to talk so I’ll ask you?”[/say] The laugh that followed this time was a little more giddy, a pleasant buzz settling in around Nate’s mind. God, he’d missed this.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-22-2019

Adam didn't know who the 'scouts' were, but he knew better than to trust the honour of the kinda guy who bummed smokes off people like him. Still he just shrugged, knowing if he had to lose out, losing one joint was hardly a great cost. Nate seemed to know how to smoke it anyways, Adam nodding with approval as he didn't cough or hesitate. He took the joint back and breathed in the bitter smoke himself, snorting at Nate's first question.

[say]"Yeah, I know. I've practically fuckin' lived in that bar since I got here. I dunno how the fuck this place works without any cash. Apparently s'all bargains or just the good of their hearts but..."[/say] He pulled a face. [say]"Dunno if I believe in that."[/say]

Did he had a sad story? Oh yes. He most certainly did. Was he going to tell a stranger? Hell no. Even his own mother didn't know the origins of the scars on his neck. Only one person did and that was because she'd saved his life. [say]"Oh, nah. Mine's boring. No orphanages or dead puppies. You should ask around, you'll hear some real corkers. So lemme ask you this instead: do you know what a fucking gun is? I'm trying to find someone who isn't completely fucking mindblown about this."[/say] Adam pointed down to his hip, where a pistol was strapped to his belt.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-23-2019

[say]”I spent my first few days in there.”[/say] Nate snorted, tipping his head back against the wall and looking up at the sky. [say]”Even if you don’t believe it, you might as well take advantage of it, right?”[/say] Free shit was free shit, who cared if someone got upset at you for taking it. Maybe it shouldn’t be free in the first place.

[say]”Boring, huh? I wouldn’t have thought that, looking at you.”[/say] And look Nate did, his eyes going on a journey down Adams body, before coming back up to settle on his face. It was nice, not having to be subtle. Whatever individual complaints he’d have to weather we’re worth it in exchange for not having the looming ghost of his father, and his expectations over his shoulder. Besides, Adam didn’t seem like the kind of person who’d take offence to a little flirting.

For a split second, Nate’s kind confused Adams question for an innuendo, his eyes flicking back down and a short burst of laughter leaving him as he realized the question was serious. He had, for a moment thought himself the most charming person imaginable. [say]”Of course I know what a gun is.”[/say] He confirmed, another little cough of laughter leaving him. [say]”What you’ve got there is a fuckin’ antique though. What, did you come from a pirate world?”[/say]

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-23-2019

[say]"Yeah, til it turns out this is some kinda really complicated con job."[/say] Adam snorted, shrugged. Even if it was, at this point he'd gotten plenty of booze out of the deal. A stint in jail was worth the amount of drinks and meals he'd gotten in the Rathskeller. He'd done jail time for much worse deals.

He liked to hear that he didn't look boring (what a nightmare it would be if he did) but was not at all compelled to tell Nate about his past - not the scars, not any of it. He pulled his shirt, which usually hung over his shoulders and covered none of his torso, a little closer to his neck. [say]"Well...my life as a whole ain't boring, no. But the sad bits? Dull as shit. Just girls and being drunk, you know. Normal shit."[/say]

Nate laughed and Adam was pretty sure he could work out why, so he wiggled his eyebrows and stroked the gun as if it were something else entirely; but he was distracted when it turned out that yes, Nate did know what it was. [say]"Pirate..? Uh, no. These are fuckin' top of the range, nice pistols, mate. I only get the goddamn best for my work. You can't be a highwayman with peashooters. You got something nicer, feel free to show it off."[/say] He took the joint sharply from Nate, his face issuing a challenge as he took a drag.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-23-2019

[say]”Normal shit. I get it.”[/say] Nate smiled thinly, nodding along to Adam’s words and trying to not think of his own ’normal shit’. He caught Adam moving his shirt out of the corner of his eye, covering the angry scars on his neck, and assumed it had dowmething to do with that. His gaze didn’t linger, if Adam didn’t want to talk about it then Nate could drop it, even if a quiet curiosity now burned in him. His pst hadn’t left scars like that on him, so what could Adams be?

Nate’s eyes slipped down to Adams gun again, watching the other mans fingers strike along it with an eyebrow raised. His distraction kept him from being able to do anything when Adam took the joint from him, Nate’s brows knitting together in a pout when he looked up again. [say]”I never said they weren’t nice man. They’re just real old fashioned.”[/say] He held up his hands peacefully, wanting to soothe whatever insult he’d made so he could get the joint back. [say]”It is a pretty fucking cool gun though. I’ve never seen one like that.”[/say]

After a moment to let his words sit, Nate frowned at Adam, irritated by his challenge. [say]”You think if I had anything to show off I’d’ve bugged you for a smoke man? The only guns I got on me are these.”[/say] Nate pat his arm, flexing a little while he did. [say]”Gimme that back and I’ll show off for you though.”[/say] He offered, reaching out for the joint.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-23-2019

[say]"Old fashioned..."[/say] Adam repeated, confusion thick in his quiet mumble. Where he'd come from, the pistols he had had been cutting edge, something older bandits sneered at in favour of bows and arrows or more primitive guns available. At least Nate said they were cool, something Adam had greatly invested in with the engravings and gems on the guns.

He did laugh when Nate showed him his real 'guns'. There was a little bit of an appreciative smile there, too; he had so far flirted with many here but not actually gotten lucky. Adam wasn't ashamed to admit when he was getting a little desperate for physical attention, especially not when it could come from a guy who wasn't half bad looking and had firearms.

Passing over the joint, he leaned back and crossed his arms, waiting for Nate to 'show off'. [say]"Go on then. Impress me, if you think you can. I'm dying for some decent fucking entertainment."[/say]

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-24-2019

Nate took the joint back, rising to his feet and putting it between his lips in one smooth motion. Taking a moment to pat the pockets of his jacket and make sure everything was secure, he slid out of the leather with a practiced flourish, dropping it beside Adam where’d he’d been sitting.

With strong inked arms now on display, Nate began to flex, posing this way and that, his eyes focused on Adam. There was inexperience in his motions, but it was more than made up for by the way he practically dripped with confidence. After a few moments, he stopped, laughing trough his nose to keep the joint in place and stepping close to Adam. Nate took a long inhale, his eyes closing, and pulled the shakily rolled smoke from between his lips to deposit back in Adams hand.

There was a beat where Nate simply grinned down at Adam, French inhaling the smoke he’d filled himself with to show off just that little bit more. [say]”It wasn’t much, but...”[/say] Nate exhaled properly into the air, clouding them both in thick smoke. [say]”Hopefully it was impressive enough for you.”[/say] There was always more where his little show had come from, though they’d have to leave the very public street for any of that.

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Adam - 04-24-2019

Adam wasn't sure what Nate was going to do when he stood but as soon as he saw clothes coming off he smiled. Oh, this guy understood Adam's idea of a good time, by the looks of it. Appreciatively Adam let his eyes drag over Nate, just ever so slightly licking at his bottom lip. He was hot, there was no way around that. It had been a while since Adam had gotten well..any kind of physical action.

He took the joint back and drew a long breath from it, leaning back and trying to remind himself to play it cool. There wasn't anything sexy about looking desperate. [say]"Oh I dunno, I think you got a little something going on there. Work on it and maybe you could get a spot in a club."[/say] Adam would know, having worked in brothels for many years.

[say]"...Hey...do you wanna get outta here?"[/say] He asked after a pause looking at the smoke spread around them. It wasn't desperate if you did it with enough charm, right? Adam leaned back a little, smiled and tilted his head, looked Nate up and down. [say]"I got a place. With some farmer guy, but...he's not around much during the day."[/say]

RE: Tramps and Thieves - Nate - 04-24-2019

Nate was glad his little inpromptu performance had earned him the reaction he’d been hoping for. It was nice, a little worrying, but mostly nice to have another mans eyes on him, to know that he was wanted. To be doing it on purpose. There was a kind of freedom in it that he could get very used to, and Nate wanted to grab onto with both hands and ride it into the ground.

Brows shot up when Adam asked if he wanted to get outta here. That had been Nate’s goal, but he hadn’t quite expected it to be so easy. [say]”You wanna take me home to some other guys house?”[/say] He made a little show of considering it, leaning over Adam to grab his jacket and throw it over his shoulder. It was the exact kind of trashy thing he couldn’t say no to though, and Adam has asked so nicely.

Stepping back, Nate gestured down the road, indicating Adam should lead the way. [say]”I hope you got a private room at least.”[/say] He laughed, making it sound like that was going to be the dealbreaker, despite his desperation for something physics.