Court of the Fallen
hard rain - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: hard rain (/showthread.php?tid=1045)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

hard rain - Ronin - 04-26-2019

It was early in the morning and Flowerbirth had brought what Ronin assumed was a monsoon to the Settlement. Aoife's lullaby the previous evening had been the hush of the rain, and it had not let up yet. It also proved to make Ronin reluctant to leave the comfort and warmth of bed, but at a pulse of concern from Sugar, he knew it was time to check on Aoife in the other room. She was starting to stir, and if someone didn't get in their soon there would be howling guaranteed.

And no one, not Ronin, not Remi, and not his daughter, needed that in the morning. [say]"I got it..."[/say] The guildmaster mumbled to no one in particular, rolling over in bed but not actually getting up. Not... really, at least.

Because Ronin did get out of bed, at the same time as he didn't - an ethereal, celestial version of him did anyway, pulsing softly with stars and moving with ease through the closed door and walls and other objects in the way. In Ronin's mind he was up and moving, arriving at Aoife's door to coo in at his daughter, making sure she was alright until she fell back asleep. [say]"Mm.. she's fine,"[/say] he mumbled from the bed.

RE: hard rain - Remi - 04-26-2019

[SAY]"It is your turn."[/say] Remi replied groggily. His habit of half-nesting and half creating a den out of the blankets no different this morning. Waiting for Ronin to roll out of the bed so he could grab the guildmaster's abandoned pillow to snuggle, Remi yawned.

And waited.

And waited.

Had Ronin fallen back asleep? [say]"Gods you are lazy."[/say] Remi murmured, cracking a sleepy eye to see the dark mess of hair still next to him. As Ronin said that she was fine, Remi huffed and kicked out playfully with a foot against the back of one of Ronin's calves. [say]"Go actually check."[/say]

RE: hard rain - Ronin - 04-26-2019

[say]"I did. I told you, she's fine. She stirred, but I told her that story she likes about my fairy god-Devrum and she fell right back asleep."[/say] Ronin's voice did not come from the guildmaster directly, however. It came from the celestial projection that had just swanned back in through the door, rubbing at its eyes and yawning widely.

The real Ronin wiggled about in annoyance as he was kicked, flailing back and trying to capture one of Remi's wrists so he could drag him into a forced-hug, almost. [say]"Now shhh,"[/say] he mumbled into the alchemist's hair. [say]"It's too shitty a day to get up early."[/say]

[say]"Ronin, you are dreaming."[/say] Remi said with an amused groan, running the tip of his toe ticklishly up the bottom of Ronin's foot. As the guildmaster flailed, Remi's eyes opened with a playful glare trying to wrestle his friend back (despite being quite content to be cuddled). Which is of course when he saw the version of Ronin donned in stardust and shadows.

[say]"Ronin, wh—"[/say] He breathed, muscles tensing as he sat up abruptly in bed, pale eyes wide but suddenly quite awake as he stared at the Ronin stood at the edge of the bed. [say]"What have you done now?"[/say] He asked nudging the warm (and apparently still quite real) body in bed with him.

[say]"No I'm no-- hey!"[/say] Ronin was cut off by his own laughter, and Remi was lucky he wasn't mule-kicked in automatic response. As he sleepily wrestled his friend, who suddenly and annoyingly sat bolt upright in bed, Ronin rubbed at his eyes and yawned. [say]"What are you talking about? I got up, saw to Aoife and now I'm back in bed. Stop being so... weird..."[/say]

Having finally peeled his eyes open to prop himself up on his elbows, Ronin also spotted the star-spangled version of himself, instantly feeling his body grow tense with a flush of adrenaline. [say]"I don't know what the fuck that is but it can get the hell away from my family right now."[/say]

So saying, Ronin lunged forward as if to take a swipe at the thing. Of course, all it did was dissipate to nothing with his loss of concentration, causing the guildmaster to fall clumsily out of bed. [say]"Ugh... did I get it?"[/say]

That this wasn't Ronin's doing (at least, that Ronin wasn't immediately aware that it was his doing) put Remi on the offensive as well. As the guildmaster lunged forward Remi did as well, smoothing shifting into a lion who only made it to the end of the bed before his target vanished.

Looking uncertainly up at Ronin with tense golden eyes, the lion jumped neatly off of the bed and padded silently down the hall to Aoife's room. Muscles coiled, the lion peered into the morning's sleepy darkness, eyes trained on the dark patches in the corners of her room for any indication of that other presence.

But there was nothing.

Shifting back, Remi quietly closed her door, glancing back and forth down the hall as if expecting to see...footprints? stardust? He really didn't know.

[say]"Ronin, what was that?"[/say] Remi asked, crossing his arms and wearing only his stars-and-dragons boxers.

By the time Remi had shifted, gone to check on their daughter and returned on two legs, Ronin had managed to pick himself up from the ground, still half asleep and desperately ruffled... and rather unsettled as well. He gazed down at his hands as if he might somehow be responsible for the intruder (unbeknownst to him, he was), before he sank down slowly onto the bed and palmed at his eyes.

[say]"I don't know,"[/say] he mumbled. [say]"...When I went to the shrine and Safrin paid me a visit, she said there might be... changes, I guess? That because of what I am and what I'm... well, what I'm not anymore, that things might happen. I never thought she meant like magic and such, though..."[/say]

Sighing shakily, he gazed up at Remi and tried on a smile. [say]"I checked on her, I swear. I guess I just... didn't get up."[/say]

For a moment Remi was indecisive, caught between wanting to force Ronin to think clearly given that Aoife might be in danger, and between wanting to comfort his friend. Though his preliminary search had turned up nothing, and despite all that had happened, Remi was just not the sort. And so he went to the bed, plopping down next to Ronin and wrapping a comforting arm around his shoulders.

[say]"It did look...starry."[/say] Remi said, for lack of a more descriptive word, his hand vaguely waving where the apparition had been. [say]"And no, you definitely did not. You were certainly in bed with me."[/say] He added with an uncertain smile, wondering if they'd just discovered something that was going to be a problem, or a gift.

[say]"So you are...a...star...ghost now?"[/say]

Actually, that did sound about right.

Despite himself, and despite knowing that they should really make sure there was nothing in the guildhall that might be out to get them by giving it a full and thorough scan, Ronin didn't shrug off the arm around his shoulders. In fact he leant into it, letting his hands top to his lap and smirking at Remi.

[say]"Starry... yeah, I guess it did,"[/say] he agreed. [say]"Either I am a star ghost, or I can make one. I just... don't know how I did it. Or if I can do it again."[/say] At least on purpose.

[say]"Maybe I should... try to? I could see and hear, and speak through it... but it didn't seem to have an issue with the walls. It got in and out of here without any issues."[/say]

Anyway walking in, seeing the two men in their morning state, arms on one another would likely have gotten the wrong impression of their relationship. But that was the nice thing about the place they'd found themselves in. It made sense to them, and neither questioned it.

Remi raised a brow at the mention of Ronin being able to walk through walls, immediately just imaging Ronin popping his head in while Remi was trying to use the washroom. [say]"Well if it was you, we need to know. Because if it was not, we have a problem."[/say] So saying he gave Ronin's shoulder a reassuring squeeze nodding his head in an off you go gesture.

Ronin straightened up at the squeeze to his shoulder, knowing Remi to be absolutely right and nodding to his friend, giving him an affectionate nudge. [say]"Thanks,"[/say] he murmured. [say]"I'll go and visit the Temple. Maybe I can even... replicate it, or something, on the way. At least then I'll know."[/say] So saying, he rose to his feet and ran a hand over his face, glancing to the curtains and the rain he could hear outside.

Groaning, he began to get dressed. [say]"It would be pissing down,"[/say] he muttered, pulling a shirt over his head and sinking back onto the bed briefly so he could lace up his boots. [say]"You want anything while I'm gone? Apart from peace and quiet?"[/say] He shot Remi a grin.

Sliding his legs back into the bed, having absolutely no desire to get up, Remi glanced over Ronin's shoulder at the grey morning. Covering a yawn with the back of his hand, he chuckled wryly and shook his head. [say]"You know, just because you're an almost-god or whatever you are now, does not mean the weather will cater to your will."[/say] Then, pausing, Remi frowned. [say]"Or does it?"[/say] He asked half seriously, half playfully.

Rolling his eyes at Ronin, he raised a warning finger at him. [say]"I refuse to share this bed with more than one of you, you hear me? You take up too much room as it is."[/say] Remi said with a laugh, grabbing a pillow and hitting Ronin with it.

[say]"We are about to find out, Remi."[/say] Ronin chuckled, rising to his feet again and stretching, before grabbing his coat to shrug into it. [say]"Oh, shut up. It's practically your wet dream."[/say] Winking at the alchemist, Ronin turned up the collar on his coat and headed to the door. [say]"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"[/say] he called over his shoulder, before heading out.

It wasn't exactly what he had wanted out of his morning, especially with the getting up part, but it could be worse. And he really didn't feel comfortable with potentially not knowing something about himself that was apparently new and unusual. So out into the pouring rain he went.

RE: hard rain - Ianto - 04-26-2019

Ianto didn't like the Hollowed Grounds. He just didn't. It left a weird and metallic taste on his tongue, and it caused his fur to stand up on end when he got any further than the Outskirts. (Something he was only just realising now, given that this was his first trip this far into the place). Granted, it was difficult for his fur to stand on end currently given the fact that it was sopping wet, the fox having prowled up to the guildhall after following Remi's scent there only to find it totally locked up and... well. He was apparently too early.

So, feeling thoroughly out of his depth, he had found a small, dry damp spot under one of the window sills to hide out beneath, until it looked like there was life in the place. Unfortunately, when there did, it was just someone leaving. Captain Ronin Taliesin, in fact. Ianto's ears flattened back, and he barely had time to bolt up and into the guildhall before the door clicked shut on his tail. Shivering and dripping everywhere, the fox tried to make himself as small as possible on a small patch of floor just in front of the doorway. [say]Uh... Remi?[/say] He called with his mental voice, sound hopeful and maybe a bit uncertain.