Court of the Fallen
the best laid plans - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: the best laid plans (/showthread.php?tid=1148)

the best laid plans - Wessex - 05-30-2019

She’d rather not have him ‘round to her place. Not that she’s foolish enough to think that Lucas doesn’t know where she lives, it’s that it’s easier for her this way. She feels more in control of the situation - the driver, the mastermind - whatever you want to call it.

A knock sounds at the other Ascended’s door, just as the sun is disappearing over the horizon. She likes to get going early. Armed with her moving map (neatly hidden for now) and The Voice’s instructions, Wessex waits patiently to be invited in, assuming that he’s there. She’s already made up her mind that it will be just the two of them: Samuel is of no use and Bastien is to be trusted even less than Lucas. His dedication to Her is… circumstantial, at least to her eyes. He hasn’t helped at all. And so he has lost the opportunity to try and redeem himself.

She is unapologetically opinionated about their super dysfunctional family. And won't be swayed.

RE: the best laid plans - Lucas - 06-01-2019

Wessex liked to get going early. Lucas did too, lately - once upon a time he would have ripped out the throat of someone who dared to wake him before he was ready, but times change. In fact, as it happened he was already awake when the knock at his door sounded, swanning over to answer it. He opened it and was already turning away back into the house as Wessex was revealed. Only one person ever knocked to ask if he would come out to play - of course he had assumed who it would be.

[say]"Evening,"[/say] he greeted, having moved to sink down on a threadbare but comfortable looking chair. He waved a hand, inviting her to join him. [say]"I know neither of us do social visits, so shall we cut the etiquette and get to the point? I imagine you have something useful to share."[/say]

RE: the best laid plans - Wessex - 06-06-2019

Wessex knocks. Lily teases. Edrei cums. Rexanna… ignores? My, such a variety of temperaments in the women of Lucas’s life.

“Morning,” She quips back and follows him into his house, shutting the door behind her. She accepts his invitation and takes a seat in the chair caddy-corner from him. Huh. Surprisingly comfortable.   “How astute.” comes dryly, quickly followed by, “She’s got a job for us.” A brief pause. “Wants the Ascended to explore the Greatwood so She can see it all.” For what? Who knows, but keen eyes watch Lucas carefully. For some reason she doesn't feel like this is going to be one of their 'jokey' visits.

RE: the best laid plans - Lucas - 06-07-2019

A job, huh? Wonderful - finally something to focus upon now that the barrier has broken and the world has opened up a bit. Oh, and as it happened, the job was to explore said world. Lucas grinned across at Wessex, folding his hands in his lap and sinking back comfortably in his seat.

[say]"I thought the woods would be a bit too natural for her liking,"[/say] he agreed, inclining his head in a nod. [say]"Of course I'm able and willing to contribute, but... you don't think it might be a bit difficult to do, with the whole woods-spitting-us-out thing?"[/say]

RE: the best laid plans - Wessex - 06-11-2019

Wessex shrugs. “I asked, but she didn’t reveal why.” In her best, most educated guess, she imagines its because it’s easier not to be thwarted when people aren’t able to blab. Not that either Wessex or Lucas would talk about their missions, but if Sam or Bastien were to be informed (which was, she supposes, a distant possibility), she couldn’t say what would happen.

It probably has to do with world domination. Wessex hopes it has to do with world domination.

Leaning forward, Wessex nods at Lucas’s question. “It just so happens that I have a map that shows the Greatwood. It moves with the trees. I’m going to use it to get to the Fae village, and I want you to take the other areas.” She pulls the piece of paper out of its hiding place and unfurls it in front of the blonde man, making sure to keep a hand on it, should he try any funny business. The map shifts in front of their eyes, but the names of places don’t move.

“Take a good look. Try to memorize what you can. I haven’t yet been to Ludo’s Woods, Mathair, or the Whispershore.”

RE: the best laid plans - Lucas - 06-12-2019

From the map that Wessex produced and from the sound of their mission, Lucas also had a decent idea that this was about world domination. Oh, goodie. He arched an eyebrow as she explained about the other areas, nodding and leaning forward, elbows on his knees, to examine the map. [say]"Mm. Yes, we have both explored the Wildwood, the Stonesong and the Sea of Branches,"[/say] he said, able to give them names now that they were put in ink upon the shifting map.

[say]"If you want to take the village yourself, I'll visit the other areas."[/say] Narrowing his eyes, he mapped as best he could the routes to the places she had mentioned until, eventually, he sat back. [say]"Ludo's Woods, Mathair, Whispershore,"[/say] he repeated. [say]"Let's get this done, then."[/say]

RE: the best laid plans - Wessex - 06-13-2019

“Best not to give the Fae reason to think we’re invading. I’ve heard they’re nasty little creatures. Powerful, too.” She waits while Lucas memorizes, watching his eyes scan, his mind tick. The Fae areas were probably the most dangerous of the areas left, but she wasn’t about to let him take all the glory again. A little healthy competition is good for everyone, right? Even if it means potentially being burned alive by people half her size.

When he’s satisfied, she takes the piece of parchment and rolls it back up again, tucking it away in a tight place. “Let’s do this.” The woman rises and turns to go, opening the door with little ceremony, save for a sudden thought, which whips her head back around. “I should have those reading pieces soon. Meet you at the Shrine in the Underground in a couple of days.”

And then she’s gone. Thank god for their ability to keep things short and sweet.

{FIN!}