Court of the Fallen
my Lucifer is lonely - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: my Lucifer is lonely (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

my Lucifer is lonely - Ezra - 06-10-2019

What's a newly unemployed concubine to do, save drink?

Look. I've been taught to do two things: look pretty and entertain. Okay, three things: look pretty, entertain, and fuck my darling Lord. But now I had no clothes to look pretty in, no court to entertain, and no Lord to fuck. Not since I was a wee lad living in my step-father's farm had I been anywhere so decidedly devoid of class, or found myself so utterly without purpose.

So, I drank.

And looked for work.

Or I tried to, anyway. I got as dressed up as I could, the thin robe cunningly repurposed into a one-shoulder romper, showing my carefully maintained chest and calves. My hair hung loose, over my shoulders and in my eyes ("Little Nymph," my Lord would call me when I wore the style). Mercifully I still had some bling, my gold medallion and silver rings and the emerald ear cuff My Lord had given me the year I turned
sixteen. All in all I made a pretty picture. Old Lola would have been proud.

Walking slowly into the bar, I sat down in a not-quite-corner, looking around doe-eyed at the passers by. I didn't know how money or any such shit worked here (or anywhere, let's be real) but I did know one thing: make people think they can have the thing between your thighs, and you've got a currency that works the world over, even in a place like this.

RE: my Lucifer is lonely - Lucas - 06-15-2019

[say]"Any luck?"[/say] Lucas all but purred to Ezra from the shadows, the Ascended having been watching the whole display with unbidden amusement, glancing across at the former concubine with green eyes filled with interest. They said that everything happened for a reason (a platitude that Lucas disliked as a rule, but it fit his narrative now so whatever), and Ezra's arrival in the Hollowed Grounds had happened for a reason, he was sure.

Without waiting for an invite, Lucas moved to sink down into an empty seat beside the other man, gazing out at the sheep as they went about their business. [say]"I'm afraid you're in what is perhaps the most chaste settlement I've ever seen,"[/say] he said apologetically. [say]"Not for lack of you trying though, I see."[/say]

RE: my Lucifer is lonely - Ezra - 06-15-2019

I looked up at the sound of his voice, raising an eyebrow and trying not to look too surprised. Fuck, but he was a sneaky motherfucker, though his good looks went a long way toward making up for that. And his voice. And the general confidence about him. Lots of redeeming qualities all around, really. Smiling up at him, I let my legs spread just a little as he sat, leaning back into my chair and fixing him with a this-is-exactly-what-I-had-in-mind smile. [say]"I dunno, I'm feeling pretty lucky now. Buy me a drink? I promise I'll find some way to pay you back..."[/say]

Well shit. The man definitely knew how to put a damper on things, huh? Smiling sweetly, I crossed my arms across my chest, shrugging as though unperturbed. [say]"A girl's gotta do what she can,"[/say] I murmured, glancing past him at the farmers and other boring, dirty, normal people. [say]"Even if it means starting a party all by herself. I'm not looking to sleep with any of them, just give them some company in exchange for some food. More than that and, well, rates go up."[/say] With a long suffering sigh I leaned forward, head on my hands and elbows on my knees, gazing up at Lucas through long, thick lashes. [say]"And what're you looking for tonight, hmm?"[/say]

RE: my Lucifer is lonely - Lucas - 06-19-2019

Making no attempt to hide the way his eyes drifted up and down Ezra's body, Lucas snorted and shook his head. [say]"Buy me a drink, huh? Would that I had any coin to buy anything."[/say] He missed being rich, but a society of trade wasn't so bad sometimes. [say]"I can get you a drink, though."[/say] So saying, he rose back to his feet and sauntered away to the bar, before pausing halfway. [say]"What are you having?"[/say]

As he turned to hear the rest of what Ezra had to say, he couldn't help but let out a dark little laugh. [say]"Me? I'm always looking for trouble,"[/say] he said. [say]"Luckily, I find girls who start parties all by themselves to be precisely the sort of trouble I like."[/say]

RE: my Lucifer is lonely - Ezra - 06-23-2019

I grinned a toothy grin at him, smirking as he looked me over, pleased to have caught his eye. Hey, if I was gonna be stuck in this hellhole I was going to make the most of it: without the jealousy of my Lord, I was free to show off whatever I wanted.

Fuck, but I missed that jealousy, though. Belonging with someone - to someone - was kind of my specialty. Without that I'm just a lost little boy in half a dress.

[say]"Whatever you're having,"[/say] I purred in response, an old ingrained habit built from years of entertaining powerful men. People like it if you have what they're having, and I had learned from an early age not to be picky about what I drink. And oh, was it a party he wanted? Now that I could do. [say]"And you think I'm that kind of girl?"[/say] Affecting an appropriately wounded look, I leaned back in my chair, crossing my long legs. [say]"I'm hurt, darling. I never start trouble. I just make sure I'm in the wrong place at the right time."[/say]

RE: my Lucifer is lonely - Lucas - 06-25-2019

[say]"Makes no difference to me. I stopped being able to taste it a long while ago."[/say] Namely, when he was dropped onto this rock and informed that his carnal senses had been overhauled in lieu of ascension, apparently. Still, he knew what he would have ordered, and so he stepped away to the bar and returned a moment later with a glass of red wine. Sidling back into his seat, he slid it to the other man.

[say]"Don't blame me if it tastes like vinegar,"[/say] he said with a smirk, leaning an elbow on the table. [say]"I don't know or care if you are that type of girl. Sounds as though trouble seems to find the both of us well enough. Hence why we're currently sitting and talking."[/say] Glancing sideways at Ezra, Lucas arched an eyebrow. [say]"What is it you want?"[/say]