Court of the Fallen
[Training] here I go again on my own - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [Training] here I go again on my own (/showthread.php?tid=1372)

Pages: 1 2

here I go again on my own - Ronin - 07-05-2019

Know what?

Ronin wasn't an archer.

His parading around with his bow and his quiver of arrows had been all well and good when he was kidding himself that it would make a damned bit of difference to a fight and to getting hurt. But ultimately he had fallen down the steps of the Spire and smacked his head like a lemon all by himself. It hadn't mattered what weapon he was carrying.

And so, feeling very good about it, Ronin was in the training grounds outside the guildhall, punching the ever loving crap out of one of the training dummies.

[say]"It's nothing against you,"[/say] he panted to it, [say]"it's just sorta your job. Y'know?"[/say] It was practically old times now, Ronin holding conversations with his props.

The cooling of the air with Leafchange was very much welcome, but the guildmaster was still beaded with sweat from his exertions as he sparred.

RE: here I go again on my own - Remi - 07-05-2019

Leaning against the fence, Remi watched this display with a look of both amusement, adoration, and perhaps a pinch of sadness. Ronin's technique was as flawless as ever, but the rest of it? His stamina, speed, strength? Remi had never seen his friend so weak before, and if he could, Remi would happily give all his abilities to the ex-captain where they'd be put to good use.

[say]"Do you remember the first time you tried to teach me to spar?"[/say] Remi called as Ronin gave the dummy a brief respite. [say]"I think I fought back just as well as that training dummy is doing currently."[/say] Now though? Arms crossed which only exemplified the broad muscles on his arms, it was Ronin who looked the part of the training dummy in comparison to the surprisingly muscular alchemist.

RE: here I go again on my own - Ronin - 07-05-2019

Ronin took a long, deep breath and stepped back from the training dummy for a moment, smiling across at Remi and self-consciously rubbing at the back on his neck. He had never had an issue with appearances before, but gods knew Ronin was aware that he was weak. That he looked weak. Not since he had been a kid in the Storm Guard had be been so easy to shove over.

[say]"Mm,"[/say] he said softly, nodding and reaching out to steady the dummy where it still wobbled about. [say]"And look at you now, huh?"[/say]

[say]"You could go get yourself cursed. It has done wonders for me."[/say] Remi said with a dry smirk. Climbing easily over the fence, he couldn't help but want to reach out and brush some of the sweat-logged hair from Ronin's face, to nudge his shoulder and suggest they do something that wasn't going to continually remind Ronin what death had cost him. Not because Remi wanted to just ignore the hunter's weaknesses, but simply because he wasn't really equipped to help with them.

Or...

Raising a brow, Remi looked towards the dummy now in Ronin's hands. [say]"You know..most enemies do not stay still. I think I recall a rather dashing captain of the guard telling me that once. "[/say] The alchemist said, flashing Ronin a suggestive smile, and eyeing him with irises suddenly going from pale green to burned gold.

[say]"You know, I think I'll pass on that."[/say] Ronin smirked, arching an eyebrow as Remi hopped the fence and came to join him. He released the dummy, rubbing at hands wrapped with bandages to stop him from tearing his knuckles on his punches. He couldn't miss the way Remi's eyes shifted - such an easy, casual thing for him to engage in his predatory natures these days - though it left the hunter feeling a touch out of place.

[say]"A dashing captain of the guard, you say? I obviously have competition,"[/say] he muttered, stepping back a few feet more and shrugging as if to ask Remi to go ahead and show him what he meant.

[say]"Had competition."[/say] Remi corrected with an easy grin, his heart fluttering ever so slightly at the implication that the past-tense conjured in him.

[say]"I actually have been working on this..."[/say] He said continued, almost a bit shyly. Ruffling a hand nervously through his curls and stepping backwards, Remi glanced down towards the bandages covering Ronin's knuckles as he took a breath.

Taking a few running steps forward, the alchemist leaped into the air with his arms spread. Body shrinking rapidly, his limbs grew lighter as tan and white feathers covered his body. Banking sharply, he changed his direction to fly back towards Ronin, meaning to make it look as though he was going to continue overhead. Instead, he dropped back down, trying to shift back just as quickly. His landing was unsteady—the sudden change in gravitational pull making him stumble for just a moment (hence the need for practice)—before reaching out to shove at Ronin's shoulder.

[say]"Mm, whatever. If that dashing captain turned up again I think even I'd want to run away with him,"[/say] Ronin said with a crooked smile; a smile which turned bemused as Remi admitted to working on something. The guildmaster was left watching as his lover suddenly burst into the air in a flurry of feathers, Ronin tilting his head and observing Remi bank around - right back at him.

He ducked, instinct reacting before logical thought could catch up, only to stumble when the now human-again Remi shoved at him. [say]"Um?"[/say] He smirked. [say]"I don't know what you were trying to achieve, so... I'm not sure if I should offer condolences for not hitting me, or congratulations for missing."[/say]

[say]"You would be very lonely if you did that."[/say] Remi pointed out, distantly wondering if his desire to constantly have his hands all over Ronin would ever abate, or if this was more or less his life now.

Not that he minded.

Slightly breathless from the sudden change in his lungs, Remi straightened and turned around with a brow raised. [say]"I remember you being quite a bit more encouraging last time."[/say] He huffed, though it was clear from his boyish smile and the way he straightened with optimistic determination that he wasn't deterred. Taking a few calculated steps backwards, the grin on his lips only growing wider, eventually Remi came to a halt.

And then lunged forward. As he did though, his arms this time did not mould into wings, but into great golden limbs that boasted long claws. These were not outstretched of course, but as the sudden-lion aimed to knock the hunter backwards, there was a distinctive smirk on its fanged-face.

[say]"I will be the judge of that,"[/say] Ronin said haughtily with a grin, shrugging his shoulders at Remi. He held up his hands placatingly at the other man as he spoke of his lack of encouragement, Ronin shotting a wry smile his way. [say]"You could easily best most people you came up against,"[/say] he pointed out. [say]"I don't think you need encouragement - especially when you're trying to push me ove--!"[/say]

Cut off by the way Remi suddenly lunged forward and into his lion shift, the guildmaster had two choices - to try and dodge or to stand his ground.

And Ronin had always been an idiot to stand his ground, of course - so he really did try to brace against the feline, only (of course) to find himself knocked flat on his back, having taken the training dummy down with him. [say]"Wow, I'm stupid,"[/say] he said, laughing through the pain.

With as snuggly of a purr as he could manage (really, it was just a slow growl in the back of his throat), Remi cuddled forward, rubbing a whiskered jaw against Ronin's. It was a shame that the hunter wasn't also an attuned, and so couldn't hear his thoughts when he was shifted. There was a perfectly filthy joke he wanted to make about his barbed tongue at that moment.

Oh well.

Rolling easily off his friend, Remi dropped his shoulders, hindquarters raised playfully in the air as his tail swayed both for balance behind him as much to taunt Ronin into attacking.

[say]"Remi!"[/say] Ronin's protest came through laughter as the attuned rubbed his face against him, hands coming up to bury themselves in the tawny mane for a moment. Still he wasn't sad when the lion rolled away - Ronin had landed on the training dummy, after all, and it did not appreciate it.

Picking himself up off the dirt, Ronin narrowed blue eyes and took up a defensive position, only to scoff at the taunting Remi was giving him. [say]"Oh, you think I'm stupid enough to wrestle a lion, do you?"[/say] he baited back, only to shrug and rush forward to do just that. He really was, apparently.

His leonine face was not particularly expressive, but there was most definitely a look of yes, that is exactly what I think writ in the golden creases of his face.

As Ronin rushed forward, so too did Remi. Leaping into the air and meaning to do precisely what he had done moments ago, this time in reverse, the lion shifted mid-lunge. The hope being that whatever proportions Ronin thought he was aiming for given the lion's bulk, would be thoroughly confused by the sudden appearance of a man in his arms. Rather than trying to tackle or punch Ronin again, Remi's aim was to absorb the majority of the force and plant a swift (and clearly triumphant) kiss on the hunter's cheek if his plan unfolded the way he thought it might.

Ronin felt victorious, at first, when he successfully managed to grapple the lion, only for his triumph to be short lived. Where there was a lion, a man suddenly appeared in his place, and Ronin yelped and staggered as he was forced into a roll. He kept his arms around Remi, ending up flopping onto his back with the alchemist held snug against his chest, and he snorted at the smug kiss to his cheek.

[say]"Alright, alright,"[/say] he said. [say]"You win. It's difficult to fight an opponent who keeps changing his shape all the time. Not very honourable if you ask me!"[/say]

[say]"You keep ending up on your back Ronin. "[/say] Remi observed, a hand slithering suggestively down the hunter's side. [say]"That would not be for any particular reason, now would it?"[/say] He asked, brow raised. The alchemist's too-pale eyes lingered on Ronin's lips for a moment and Remi found that he had to resist the urge not to abandon this entire pretense of training altogether in favor of other physical activities.

With a grin, Remi leaned back, sitting astride the hunter for a moment before raising all the way to his feet and offering the ex-captain a hand. [say]"Honourable mm? I had no idea. I think my last sparring teacher forgot to mention that."[/say] He quipped with a smirk.