Court of the Fallen
these boots - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: these boots (/showthread.php?tid=1444)

Pages: 1 2

these boots - Edrei - 07-17-2019

Following orders, especially those given by Zariah came incredibly easy to Edrei. But ease did not mean the long-legged Launceleyn was at all pleased with being forced to act as a concierge between the queen and the devil.

[say]"So, you from this world, or what?"[/say] Edy asked, her tone clipped and brisk, which was about as conversational as she was ever apt to get.

Dressed in her training garb as she usually was (a black tank-top and leggings that allowed her to move and stretch freely), Edy looked the part of a soldier, down to her long and lean muscles. At her side was a bobcat. No longer a kitten, the predator stalked through the streets as Edy and Skyler made their way towards the elusive hideout where they'd be able to find Lucas.

RE: these boots - Skyler - 07-17-2019

Skyler owned his normal neural facial expressions as they walked through the streets. His bodyguards had been told to stay put and was not allowed to go with him since it really wasn't any of their business where he was heading right now. Besides he knew the queen didn't really care for his bodyguards presence either do they could rot away where they now was and he wouldn't care. Not his problem after all. His cold, hetero eyes landed on Edrei as she spoke without a flinch in his face. He had hoped this would be a walk of silence but he were never that lucky it seamed which made him calmy respond to the question he was asked. After all it seamed to be needed. "I am." He replied shortly before turning away that souless face again. People they came across on the streets seamed to do whatever they could to avoid them, one even went so far to strictly turn around and walk the opposite way. Clearly to avoid them.

RE: these boots - Edrei - 07-17-2019

Not a talker? Like Edy gave a fuck. What Skyler did or didn't want was absolutely none of her concern. Making sure this meeting went as well as she could make it? Well. That was somethings he was concerned with.

[say]"Well, Lucas comes from a world where..."[/say] The Launceleyn paused, not really sure how to parse what it was she meant to say. After all, the world she came from didn't have gods or religion. [say]"Apparently he's the devil, which is like...you know, the ultimate bad guy, or something."[/say] Her bony shoulders shrugged.

Raising an eyebrow as she noted just how many people avoided Skyler's gaze and even moved out of their trajectory, she snorted and grinned. [say]"Someone has a reputation I see. But that will do fuck all when it comes to Lucas."[/say]

There. He had been warned.

"I see." Skyler said to show that he was listening even though he was clearly unfazed over hearing he would meet a ultimate bad guy. No worry at all in his being which in its own way was quite the statement on the type of person Skyler was. It wasn't that he was just utterly stupid as one might think but instead that he litterally had any real emotions. He jst existed really and the closest thing to joy he came was when slicing up victims or making them beg for mercy that he didn't grant. He liked power and respect but nothing was more important to him then.. well.. himself. What happened to others he had no feelings for. He really didn't care.

As she talked again he witnessed a woman shielding her child from him and at the same time forced them both as far away from Skyler that she could. He just gave them a short, soulless gaze before turning his attention to Edrei again that tried to give him a warning. This woman was chatty it seamed but did he have the will to reply again? MIGHT be needed considering he had a goal which started to slightly annoy him. Fine he would play along. "They do what they need to do to survive, thats all. I don't care much for people being in my way." He said calmly as he stepped on that childs toy that was left on the street after the mother tried to protect their child. The toy completely broke and the child started to cry behind its mother as Skyler just followed along to the hidden place. No emotion whatsoever. He then added slightly bored; "I'm not worried." Seamed like this Lucas had a good footing in life after all if he was as Edrei described. Seamed like a smart enough guy.

RE: these boots - Edrei - 07-17-2019

This whole display—the blank face, the worried looks from those around, the stepping on a kids fucking toy—it all seemed to be a little much. What Edy couldn't decide was whether or not it was all for show, or whether it was real.

She didn't care much either way though, that was Lucas' problem. Whether or not it would become hers again by extension was another matter entirely.

[say]"Uh huh."[/say] She drawled, raising a brow as the pair neared an impressive looking town home. [say]"You need to know the secret knock."[/say] She purred with a salacious smirk, before turning towards the door with a grimace. They needed some kind of secret code, a proper secret knock for this guy is fucking nuts, get ready. Unfortunately, having nothing of the sort, Edy merely banged on the door loudly to announce her presence (no one else knocked like that, so Lucas would likely know it was her), before barging into the common room.

[say]"Oh Lucas darling."[/say] She sang out, ice coating her voice as she stepped aside to let Skyler enter.

The room was a parlour like any other; a seating area, some book shelves, an elaborate bar. The crowning jewel was Lucas of course, if and when he decided to show up.

RE: these boots - Lucas - 07-17-2019

[say]"I know that tone. What are you after?"[/say] The voice within the parlour was low and amused, and Lucas glanced up from his place reclining on one of the decadent couches that Ezra had gotten his fashionable fingers all over. The Ascended didn't need light, and so there wasn't much to see by, even with the book Lucas was holding between his fingertips.

When his gaze moved from Edrei to the stranger behind her, he was a little more interested, green eyes growing sharper, Lucas sitting up further in his seat. [say]"Now this must be something, for the Left Hand of Her Highness to bring a client to these generous halls,"[/say] he purred. Because what else could this guy be?

Skyler passed through the doors and closed it quietly behind them while the thoughts went through his head that he didn't really care for that knock, but then again; he cared for almost nothing. So wasn't worth commenting on. The darkness of the room made his iceblue eye stick out while the dark eye almost got hidden in the darkness of this place. Still his eyes adjusted to the dark fairly quickly and he saw the shape of Lucas as the mans voice purred towards them. Well.. okay. Skyler stood there with his normal neutral face not sure if he needed to say anything or not but as this Edrei woman have showed it may be needed. So in his cold voice he simply said; "Name is Skyler." But nothing more then that. He already knew the other mans name was Lucas and he knew that the womans name was Edrei so he didn't really have to ask.

He took a step into the room, away from the door opening as his eyes quickly inspected the furniture without leaving a comment. Decent enough after all. Decent was about the best one could get from Skyler which really wasn't bad. So straight to the point he then turned his eyes back to Lucas. "So what's my task?" His voice was natural cold and on point, his eyes soulless which really didnt invite a very warm atmosphere.

RE: these boots - Edrei - 07-18-2019

Edy flashed Lucas a grin that was mischief with just a hint of apology. A look that, could they really speak volumes, would have told him allllll about what a weirdo this Skyler fellow was. But then as the man opened his lips to speak for himself, it seemed Edy's look was entirely unnecessary. Smirking, Edy crossed her arms, moving to stand closer to Lucas, subconsciously happily to make it seem as though it were 2-against-1, even though everyone was very much playing on their own teams.

[say]"Zariah asked me to bring this one to you."[/say] Edy said in a sweet and entirely phony sing-song voice. [say]"Something about him proving himself, and you providing the test of that."[/say] She added with a feral grin.

RE: these boots - Lucas - 07-18-2019

His name was Skyler, and apparently Lucas had a task for him. The Ascended blinked and looked questioningly up at Edrei, trusting that she would provide him with an answer. And indeed she did, Lucas abandoning his book and rising to his feet before them (taking his sweet time about it, naturally). Folding his arms across his chest, he considered the man before them.

[say]"Of course she did,"[/say] he drawled. [say]"Alright, Skyler. What is it that you do? This is a place of many talents, you see, and I wouldn't want to test you on skills you do not have."[/say]

RE: these boots - Skyler - 07-20-2019

Skyler just stood there calmly as the feline woman purred her knowledge to this Lucas who in turn took his time getting up from his comfy resting spot. As Lucas crossed his arms the hetero eyes just looked at him with the same blank stare as before. And as the question came floating towards him he slightly tipped his head to the side some before replying without hesitation or shame. "I kill and torture people, And i am good at it." Yes he didn't really care who it was or what the circumstances were, killing were always going to be the highlight of his days no matter what. It was kind of clear that Skyler was a "bit" disturbed with those cold eyes, neutral facial expression and lack of common decency to not get straight into his not so very nice talents.

He started to walk closer to them both, watching them as he did before he stopped when he was located in front of them. "So.. what do you want me to do?" He really didnt care wo he had to hurt, it wasnt important. Only needed to know who, where and when really.

RE: these boots - Edrei - 07-20-2019

Edy who'd been listening to this entire encounter with a bit of mischievous interest now scowled a bit. Blinking back a bit of surprise—what exactly did it take to be good at killing? was it the not getting caught bit? Because to just openly offer that information to two strangers seemed to fly in the face of that just a touch—Edy glanced towards Lucas with a raised and suspicious brow.

With a light shrug—this was Lucas' circus after all—Edy meandered back towards the small cocktail bar they'd set up to poor herself a drink. As weird as all of this was, she was more than intrigued to hear just who it was Lucas might want murdered or tortured.

RE: these boots - Lucas - 07-21-2019

Lucas lifted his chin ever so slightly as the stranger before them admitted to killing and torturing people and then decided to step closer to them. It didn't bother him any, of course - his Ascended body couldn't feel the pain of torture, and he didn't know if he could be killed by traditional means (probably, but he doubted the Voice would take that lying down). So he instead turned his attention to what Skyler actually meant.

[say]"Quite a claim,"[/say] he said. [say]"But anyone could be good at killing or torturing. What makes you so special? More to the point - did Zariah send you here to join this little clique? Because I will not tolerate mourning widows at my door. However good you might be, if you aren't subtle, I don't want to know."[/say]

RE: these boots - Skyler - 07-21-2019

Skyler looked calmly at Lucas as Edrei had wandered off for a drink behind them and listened to his words, considering how truthful he should be when it came to why it was that he was so good at what he did. Some people would not be able to handle to know certain things even though his demeanor was quite telling of what he was deep inside. Empty and without any empathy. Though considering where he now was and how small of a reaction he had created with his last honesty he felt like it really didn't matter. The thing was he could play away being friendly and charming but it was utterly exhausting. In his younger years he had been someone worshipped for totally different reasons then now. He had been seen as a charming, sociable and good creature cause that was what he had choosen to show. But he got bored with it and started to do what he wanted.. which wasn't really any of those previous things.

"I don't really care what i do and am very good at cleaning up after my playtimes. And i was sent here to prove myself, no idea what the meaning behind thoose words entails but i will do what's needed of me. And if needed i will adjust my behavior to some degree to not cause to much suspicion. If a mourning widow arrives non the less, i'll take care of her as well." Wow actually a sentence containing more then a few words and even though his facial expression didn't change once during his speech there was honesty in his words. He might feel annoyed if he had to play something he wasn't but if necessary he would do it.

RE: these boots - Edrei - 07-22-2019

Edy drained her drink, making no attempts to hide her huff of annoyance at hearing what Skyler had to say. Maybe the test was actually less about the apparent-murderer, and more what Lucas would be able to put up with. Or why not both? Two birds and all that seemed precisely up Zariah's alley.

[say]"So how do you do this oh-so impressive killing and torture? You got magic?"[/say] Edy interrupted. It was the Lucas-show to be sure, but she was going to drink herself under the table if she kept having to listen to this monotone bi-coloured eye creeper talk about how good he was at murder without anything to back it up. And from what Edy could tell, Skyler didn't seem strong or fast enough to take her or Lucas on.