Court of the Fallen
Honeysuckle Wilts - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Honeysuckle Wilts (/showthread.php?tid=1600)

Pages: 1 2

Honeysuckle Wilts - Phoebe - 08-05-2019

Phoebe hadn’t felt herself all day. She had risen like usual and made breakfast and medicinal tea for Jata before he left, and she had planned to be at the college doing research all day – which Jata now knew the location of in case she ‘went missing’ again – but she was just tired. She supposed she was running herself ragged, between caring for Jata and researching the blight and her usual work as a midwife – she was a busy bee. But today she lacked the oomph she usually had. Pim could tell, following her around closely, occasionally whining at her and the Frey shrine near the fireplace.

Deciding to stay home for a day of well-earned rest, she sat on the couch and promptly fell asleep. It might seem the obvious thing, but she wasn’t a napper, and so when she awoke sometime in the afternoon, still exhausted, she was quite surprised. Pim continued to stay close as she tried to get some work done around the clinic, but she simply couldn’t focus, finding herself zoning out every now and again while in the middle of a task. And before long she realized she hadn’t eaten anything at all and was still not hungry. She must’ve caught a fall cold, she thought. But alas, that didn’t give her a reason to stop all together. Jata would undoubtedly return and still want supper.

It was while she stood there preparing dinner that she started to feel a little woozy. She probably should have sat down but she was determined to get this done. When Jata arrived, Pim rushed over to him and whined of all things, looking between him and Phoebe. [say]”Oh, hi Jata.”[/say] Phoebe said softly, turning to smile at him. But as she did so, she felt the world spin around her, and next thing she knew she collapsed onto the ground.

RE: Honeysuckle Wilts - Sunjata - 08-05-2019

The day had been fairly normal for him, all things considered. He had woken up, Phoebe had made breakfast and tea, and he had gone about his day. He now had an idea of where the college was, had gone there that afternoon himself to see if she was there and if he could surprise her. But she hadn’t been. He was a small amount surprised, but calm despite everything. There was still light out in the streets, and everything around them seemed to be mostly okay. And so he had returned to the clinic, to see if perhaps she had gone home early. About now was his typical arrival back to the place he laid his head at night, and nothing seemed odd about it in the slightest.

At least, that was, until he entered the clinic, taking his jacket off to hang it before bumping into Pim. The dragon hadn’t been too impressed by him, and the sudden amount of interest surprised him as Pim whined and looked back toward Phoebe. His steel gaze follows the dragon, to land on Phoebe making dinner and for a moment he’s relieved. She’s here, things are fine.

Until they’re not fine anymore, and she’s suddenly collapsing after uttering his name.

A surprising amount of speed encompasses him as he rushed toward the kitchen to check her, kneeling down onto the ground and making sure she was on her back. “[say]Fuck, fuck, fuck.[/say]” He curses under his breath, brows furrowing together as he looks to her. “[say]Phoebe, what happened?[/say]” He asks her, surprise and worry etching into his face, unsure of what to do next.

RE: Honeysuckle Wilts - Phoebe - 08-05-2019

The worst thing about fainting really was the falling down bit. That always rather hurt, especially when the surface one fell on was hard. But she didn’t stay out for long, her throbbing head pulling her out of it alongside Sunjata’s panicked voice. Slowly she blinked her eyes open, looking around in confusion. Phoebe sighed and lifted a shaky hand to her head, rubbing the side she had hit. Pim was loud in her mind – worry worry worry worry – and she winced at it a bit.

[say]”What?”[/say] she mumbled in confusion, still feeling a little light headed as she tried to sit up. [say]”I…I don’t know…Did I faint?”[/say] she asking, a bit bewildered herself. Clearly she must’ve. She was on the floor, and the last thing she remembered was Sunjata walking in…brown eyes glanced up at the stove as she tried to push herself to her feet. [say]”I’m sorry, I’m fine I…I don’t know what that was.”[/say] she mumbled to Jata.

For a moment, there’s no response, and the panic sets in deep. But then just as her honey brown eyes open, there’s a bit of relief that floods through him. Still, he’s concerned about what’s made her faint, and he begins to mention something as she sits up — cut off only by the fact that she doesn’t realize what happened. “[say]Yes.[/say]” He replies easily, brow lifted as he regards her, confusion dancing in his steel eyes.

Suddenly, she’s beginning to stand again and Jata immediately puts a stop to it. He lets her stand, but only to guide her to the chair in the kitchen, eyeing Pim as if to say don’t let her leave. “[say]You need to relax, it’s fine. I’ll.. I’ll take care of dinner.[/say]” He tells her, simply trying to run through the options. He makes sure she sits before he goes, grabbing a glass and filling it with cold water before returning it to her and going back to the stove to make sure it doesn’t burn.

He has no idea what he’s doing, but it seems simple enough. He bites at the inside of his cheek as he looks back to her. “[say]Are you feeling okay? What prompted this?[/say]” He asks quietly, a gentle rumble through the air between them, begging that little pink dragon will keep her seated.

[say]"It's okay, you worked all day."[/say] she mumbled in protest even as he guided her to a chair. Phoebe sighed as she sat, leaning back against the wall behind her, eyes fluttering closed. Pim didn't need to understand Jata, nor vice versa, for the dragon to understand what was needed. He rose up on his hind legs, carefully putting his front feet on either side of her legs. With him in the way, she wouldn't be able to stand.

Worry worry worry worry Phoebe managed a small smile, lifting a hand lethargically to pat Pim's head. [say]"It's okay Pim, just a little fainting spell."[/say] she said softly to the worried dragonling. Pim just whined. [say]"Thank you.. "[/say] she said quietly, taking the glass of water from Jata. But all it did was emphasize the tremble in her fingers. The water sloshed around in the glass as she held it. Her brow furrowed and she set it on the table.

[say]"I don't know."[/say] she said softly to Jata. [say]"I have been feeling a littlw off all day so I stayed here. I even napped."[/say] she said. [say]"Maybe I'm just over extending myself."[/say]

Thank the gods for that pink dragon. As Jata guides her and passes off the comment he’d worked all day, he notices the dragon keeping her in place. He gives her the glass of water without noticing her shaking hands at first. That is, until he reaches the stove once more, eyes flitting back to look at her when she makes a comment.

It explains why he hadn’t found her at the clinic. It also explains Pim’s unusual behavior toward him. And his brows knit together with another bout of worry. He pulls the food from the stove, thinking it’s probably done, before he turns to her again and sees her shaking hands as the water in the glass dances up the sides. “[say]Gods, Phoebe, what is going on?[/say]” He asks with an edge to his voice, placing some food on a plate for her and moving toward the table to place it before her. “[say]Eat something, please?[/say]” The edge is worry, is strain on the syllables as his steel gaze captures her face.

Phoebe sighed, hearing the edge in his voice. She knew he was just worried. [say]"If you get too worked up drink one of those bottles."[/say] she reminded with a tired sigh, as if he was somehow worth more worry than herself in the state she was in. [say]"I don't know, I'm sure it's just a little Leafchange cold."[/say] she mumbled. Pim growled, clearly unconvinced.

[say]"I'm not really hungry, it's okay you should..."[/say] Phoebe started but was cut off by Pim roaring in her face at the top of his baby dragon lungs - but as of late his roar had gotten quite intimidating. Phoebe flinched and glared at him. [say]"Fine."[/say] she grumbled, trying to take a bite of the potato, but it kept falling off the fork as her fingers shook. She sighed and dropped in on the plate in frustration, then shot Pim a look. [say]"I am not shoving my face into the plate."[/say]

RE: Honeysuckle Wilts - Sunjata - 08-06-2019

All of this and she was worried of him being worked up? He clenches his teeth as he sits next to her, leaving room for Pim to keep up his guard. His eyes lingering on her as she shakes and trembles, not willing to go and take the medicine unless something happens. He’s not angry, he’s terrified. He watches silently as she lifts the fork, a stern look to his face as if he wouldn’t let her leave the table without eating something.

And when the food falls, he sighs heavily, looking toward Pim rather fondly as he keeps Phoebe from leaving. “[say]Here.[/say]” He says softly, no edge to his voice though worry is sharply seen through his eyes. He picks up the fork with the food and lifts it to her lips, gently, hoping she’ll eat it.

RE: Honeysuckle Wilts - Phoebe - 08-06-2019

Her cheeks flushed as Sunjata made to help her eat. In some situations, being fed by someone else might he romantic or cute or endearing; but right now she just felt embarrassed. But she ate the bite of food without further protest, frowning deeply. It was an odd expression on her face, one that almost didn't suit her given her usual disposition. [say]"I'm sorry."[/say] she mumbled between bites of food she was now being force fed under duress.

Pim whined, looking between Sunjata and Phoebe. He sniffed at her face, which he would usually follow with a lick on her cheek, but this time he didn't. [say]"Pim it's okay. I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning."[/say] she said softly to him. [say]"How are you?"[/say] she asked Jata quietly, lacking her usual energy.

She apologizes, and Jata finds no real reason for her to be sorry. He simply remains silent, feeding her mouthful by mouthful, one arm braced on the table as he looks at her. She speaks to Pim, and the dragon’s whining echoes his own thoughts as he frowns. Shaking his head lightly, he tries to give her a small smile. “[say]I’m fine, mooi meisie.[/say]” He tells her, humming in his language before he gets up to get her more water.

When he returns, he lifts the glass to her lips with quiet watchful eyes. “[say]You need to rest.[/say]” He tells her gently, his free hand lifting to brush the blond hair from her face to tuck it behind her ear gently.

She smiled a little as he called her that name again. [say]"I like when you call me that."[/say] she said softly between bites of food. Her eyes were half lidded the fight from moments before gone, overcome with exhaustion. [say]"I'm sorry you have to do this."[/say] she said, a little embarrassed. She liked to consider herself self sufficient, but with her hands shaking like they were, she was beginning to worry that she would struggle to do her work.

While Jata was in her way, keeping her in her chair to help her drink, Pim scurried over to her bag. He dug through it pulling out her notebook. [say]"I will."[/say] Phoebe promised Jata when he said she needed to rest, not noticing Pim drop the book at Jata's feet. It was her notes on the blight; including her notes on Ronin's symptoms.

“[say]I know you do.[/say]” He retorts, a soft smile on his lips as he sets the fork down and glass of water. But he lifts a brow to her as she apologizes again, a soft sigh passing through his lips as he tucks more hair behind her ears. “[say]Don’t be sorry.[/say]” He rumbles, beginning to stand to bring her to bed before Pim drops a notebook by his foot. His brow raises but he leans over to grab it and tuck it into a pocket of his — steel eyes lingering on the dragon with a quiet nod.

But for now, he reaches for her — aiming to take her into his arms and carry her up the stairs to the bedroom. “[say]Come on, now.[/say]” He tells her gently, hands bracing underneath her like he had in the water the day they met. And he lifts her easily, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead as he moves to carry her up the stairs.

Phoebe was too tired to observe the fact that something had clattered onto the ground and Jata had bent over to pick it up and pocket it. [say]"Sorry, I already said I'm sorry. Can't take it back now."[/say] she mumbled with a soft smile. But she found that as he picked her up, she lacked the energy to even lift her arms around his neck, her head resting on his shoulder limply. The only think about her that wasn't still was her trembling hands.

She was near asleep by the time he reached the top of the stairs, comfortable in his arms. Pim was following, head low, the excitement he usually had about him dampened. Even someone with no concept of how dragons behaved would be able to tell the pink dragonling was concerned.

He snorts softly at her as she apologizes for apologizing, a slight shake to his head. But he makes no comment on it, not as he carries her nearly limp body to the bed, setting her down only to pull the covers back. He returns to her, picking her up and laying her in the bed, taking her dress off with tender fingers to make her more comfortable, a hand clutching her trembling ones briefly before he tucks her in. He bends down to kiss her gently on the forehead again and her lips.

He sighs heavily, looking to Pim as he sits at the foot of the bed, patting the bed for the pink dragon to join them. And he reaches for the notebook, opening it up to the first page. If the dragon had brought it to him, it must have some idea of what’s within it. Perhaps it might be useful, a recipe for medicine to make her better or something. He’s not sure what he’s looking for, until he lands on the page with the blight and all of her studies on it. His brows furrow, recalling that not long ago she had gone to research it with Remi.

What did this mean?