Court of the Fallen
(SE) in a world full of make believe - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: (SE) in a world full of make believe (/showthread.php?tid=2078)

Pages: 1 2

(SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-02-2019

At least her legs work, even if nothing else does. Flowerbirth has come, and with the light fading (only learned about from talk outside the Artist’s Sanctuary, people returning home before the moon rises), she waits a bit longer before stepping out into the night. She can’t see, still, having not gone to see the Voice yet but needing to stretch her legs. But needing to do something while LongNight was no longer a threat.

She doesn’t stray far, just in case, and she finds herself just outside before her boots squelch in what feels to her like mud. But it hangs on, and she struggles for a brief moment, before sighing and leaning against the wall of her home. Wiggling her foot a bit, she glares down through unseeing eyes – bandana wrapped tightly around her eyes just in case, before she sinks down into it, doing the best she can with hands that can’t bend very well, to untie the shoe and remove her foot from it.

And from there? She does her best to wrangle her boot out of the mud, and when it finally gives way, she slides her foot back into it, pressing down on the step nearby to avoid the strange mud that seems to grab, before noticing that her other shoe has gotten stuck.

RE: in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-02-2019

Amun hadn’t even waited until the sun set after LongNight to venture out: he’d found some leftover black cloth they’d used to cover the windows and fashioned himself a cloak out of it, one that covered every inch of skin. Then he’d left the Temple, emerging into the sunlight warily. Obviously he didn’t want to burn to a crisp, not after surviving the darkest week of the year. However, the urge to stretch his legs—mentally, obviously, given that he didn’t feel physical discomfort—far outweighed his fear.

So he’d wandered around the Hollowed Grounds, taking in the damage. It was far more extensive that he’d expected, though he wasn’t exactly sure what he was expecting. Worst of all, though, was mud that almost seemed to follow him around. It also seemed to have a preternatural ability to cling to everything it touched; soon enough, his lower body was somehow covered with the stuff. It was as annoying as everything else he’d encountered in Caido.

Given that it was day, he was sluggish. It didn’t help that he felt the need to creep from shadow to shadow. All that was to say he didn’t make it far before night actually fell. Discarding his makeshift cloak (he could always steal or make a new one if he needed it) he started walking around more confidently.

Others, however, seemed to be struggling a bit. Rexanna stumbled into view in front of him, and the potter gave her a curious look. He’d sort of dropped the ball on the whole getting to know his fellow Ascended thing, but also she’d gotten caught by the monsters, he heard, got pretty beaten up. Indeed, she was blindfolded, which couldn’t bode well.

Squelching through the mud towards her, he gave her a wicked grin before he remembered she couldn’t see it. [say]”Hey there.”[/say] Guess he couldn’t call her Blue anymore, what with with whole not having eyes thing. [say]”How’re you holding up, tough girl?”[/say] Between the tree beating her up and the monsters finishing the job, Rexanna had a pretty shitty Deepfrost, and yet here she was, hobbling through the mud. Hence her new moniker.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-03-2019

She doesn’t particularly expect to be stumbled upon, having heard a majority of the people in the streets disperse into various households and businesses along the stretch of the alley. But she can hear the boots that squelch through the mud, heading directly towards her while she struggles, but there’s nothing else she can gather from it. Instead, she focuses on trying to get her other shoe out of the mud before the mans voice hits her ears.

Rexanna doesn’t bristle, instead her head tilts up toward him at the new nickname with a huge amount of internal approval. “[say]Amun![/say]” She says lightly with a bright fanged smile mostly aimed in his direction, though she can only gather the various location of his person. “[say]Holding up about as well as can be, given everything.[/say]” She adds, gesturing with her hands to her face and the splints that adorn her wrists. “[say]I don’t know if you heard, but I was impaled, so I at least got a cool scar out of it.[/say]” A light shrug, some optimism despite the fact it could have been a few inches to the right, taking out her systems like the tree had done to Lucas.

“[say]And now my shoes are stuck in whatever this is.[/say]” Because she can’t really see if it’s mud, all she has to go off of is the feeling and the scent from a broken nose not working at full capacity. “[say]Mind helping a girl out?[/say]” She asks, head tilting back down to both boots now trapped in the mud.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-03-2019

Thankfully, despite the friction between the two of them, Rexanna didn’t seem to mind that Amun had stumbled upon her. Granted, it looked like she wasn’t in a position to complain about any company; between the blindness and the rest of her injuries, she probably was feeling the need for some company. At least she liked the new nickname, even if he had meant it to be a bit tongue-in-cheek. [say]”Lucky you. I heard chicks dig scars, tough girl. I wouldn’t know, since I don’t have any, nor am I looking to show off to any chicks.”[/say] At least, not for sex: women had never been his preferred partners.

She wasn’t talking or gesturing directly at him. Though a small part of him was amused—it wasn’t really harming anyone—he figured anyone else that found them would think he was an asshole. So he sauntered his way forward until he was directly in front of her. [say]”Tough girl brought down by a little bit of mud? And asking for my help? What a day.”[/say] He snickered, though he knelt down easily enough, doing his best to free her boots from the sticky substance. However, it was resistant, oozing back into place. Growling at it, he yanked a large glob up, but it slipped through his fingers and splattered onto her leg.

Probably best to distract her (and get some information). [say]”Heard you and the other Ascended thought trying to bag a monster was a good idea.”[/say] Indeed, the actions of the merry little band in the darkness had spread through the Hollowed Grounds like the fire that had claimed two buildings. While the potter didn’t know all the details, he knew that much. After all, everyone at the Guild had come out to bring them in from the dark, and then everyone from the Guild had come to the Temple. People liked to gossip, especially to a friendly fellow like Amun.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-04-2019

Tongue in cheek or not, Rexanna doesn’t particularly mind. She does manage to snort slightly at his comment, though, tilting her head in a small nod. “[say]Ah and here I thought you liked my backside.[/say]” She teases him back with a slight shit-eating smirk. “[say]Poor you, pristine boy.[/say]” Another tease, easy playful banter while she messes around in the mud.

Still, she gestures to him the best she can, and his voice moves slightly closer as he comments about the mud and she gives him a chimed laugh. “[say]Yeah, I guess it’s your lucky day, huh?[/say]” Hearing him kneel down and help her try to get her boots from the mud its been trapped in. And suddenly, she feels a big glob of it land on her leg, immediately pinpointing to it as she feels it begin to slide slightly.

And it appears he’s trying to distract her with his comment, and she fumbles trying to get the mud off of her thigh, trying to brush it off with her splint before it flings itself off of her onto him – though of course she can’t see it. She would have been immensely proud for that coincidence. “[say]Ah, yeah… Samuel’s idea. We did catch it, to be fair.[/say]” She pauses consideringly as she pulls her foot from the mud with another splattering of mud that goes every which way.

“[say]And I was blind and used the chip the Voice gave us… Before trying to reach Remi on Bastien’s hoverboard… And then I had a beam sticking out of my chest.[/say]” She shrugs, head tilting up to him with a light smile.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-04-2019

Well. The teasing deserved a response. Amun didn’t feel bad for Rexanna just because she was blind, especially because her lack of eyes was her own idiotic fault. So he flicked some mud at her, knowing she couldn’t dodge it. [say]”I can compliment your ass without wanting to have sex with you, tough girl.”[/say] The next words out of her mouth earned her another glob of mud, this time to the chest. [say]”I am far from pristine.”[/say] His voice contained a wicked amount of heat. Plus, she was the one stuck in the mud, so that was a bit hypocritical.

[say]”If it doesn’t end in a bite and then a handsome man in my bed, I hardly consider it lucky. But if you’re willing to sweeten the pot, I’m all ears.”[/say] He chuckled as he continued to try and free her boots. [say]”Speaking of, how’s the hubby?”[/say] Bastien was, if nothing else, a handsome man. The potter had eyes, even if she didn’t.

As Rexanna brushed the mud onto him—seemingly on purpose—Amun smirked at her. Rude. He was just trying to help. Still, if she wanted to play that game, he’d be more than willing. Taking a handful, he shoved it down her boots. [say]”Sorry. I think the boots are a lost cause.”[/say] His voice came out cheerfully, not at all perturbed by his actions, as he tried to physically lift her feet out of her shoes. [say]”Did you, now? Where is it, then?”[/say] If she hadn’t been blinded, he might’ve made a show of looking around. As it stood, he just made sure his voice was gleefully teasing.

The fragmented retelling of the story didn’t actually tell him that much. However, he was mostly interested in the first part. [say]”I’m sorry, they put the blind girl on the hoverboard?”[/say] She might be tough but she didn’t sound like the sharpest tool in the shed.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-05-2019

Oh, she can’t dodge it, but she can retaliate it, and she intends to with a few more bits of mud slinging around. “[say]I mean, I guess, but where’s the fun for me in that?[/say]” She jests, a fanged smirk sent his way before he mentions he’s far from pristine. “[say]Oh, but no scars? Tattoos? Something?[/say]” She teases him back, hearing the heat in his voice and passing it off as she goes to reach for him with hands covered in mud as he tries to continue to pull her boot out of the mud.

“[say]I can’t exactly beat that. I, for one, am not a handsome man. But bites between us Ascended are much better than ordinary bites.[/say]” The tone to her voice would usually accompany it with a wink – and well, you know. She can’t. At the mention of Bastien, however, her head tilts lightly and she smiles fondly. “[say]He’s well. A bit shaken by everything that happened, but that’s LongNight for you I suppose. Last year was far calmer.[/say]” She recalls staying with him in the Rathskeller – a place that no longer existed, but the nostalgia is still there for her regardless of the place.

Oh, and she has definitely purposefully tried to paint him in the mud, as he mentions that those boots are a lost cause and she pouts, lips puffing out in a definite look. “[say]They were my favorite.[/say]” She murmurs before shrugging, reaching for her shirt and using a bit of her transmutation magic to clean it up a bit before giving him a rogue smile. Comments about the hoverboard distract her enough though. “[say]No clue, but if you find it I’d love to have it back.[/say]” She replies easily, offhandedly, fully expecting the hoverboard to have been taken away with the rest of the LongNight monsters.

He seemed distracted by her comment and she snorts. “[say]I know it sounds stupid, but I wasn’t entirely blind. I was following a Luxere I had summoned, so my concentration hadn’t been fully there.[/say]” Shoulders roll in a shrug. “[say]Must’ve hit a rock or something.[/say]” She’s not usually that stupid, but well… LongNight makes you do dumb things. That and she needed to use some kind of tech to get stronger so, why not?

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-05-2019

[say]”I wasn’t aware you wanted to have fun with me, tough girl. But that can be arranged. Maybe your handsome husband can join as well.”[/say] Again, it sucked that Amun couldn’t wink at Rexanna, but his words had been clear enough. As he continued to try and wiggle her boots out of the sticky mud, he grinned at her words. [say]”Never needed them to get what I wanted.”[/say] His body had always been beautiful enough on its own not to need much adornment. Indeed, he usually wore as little as possible.

As her mud covered hands found his hair, Amun smirked. It was on. Standing up briefly, he lobbed a clump of mud at Rexanna’s face, before darting out of the way from any potential retaliation. Seeing as she didn’t need to see or breathe, a little mud mask shouldn’t be much of a problem. Might even do wonders for her skin.

Then he was kneeling again, hands on her ankles. [say]”I heard about that from Wessex. Haven’t had a chance to test it. I should probably try soon, though. My partners have seemed quite disappointed that they can’t do much for me, even when I tell them the bite is all I need. Maybe I need better partners”[/say] As she compared last year to this year, he glanced up at her. [say]”That so? I heard a lot more people died last year.”[/say] That didn’t sound very calm to the potter.

As she pouted, Amun chuckled. [say]”And here I was hoping I was your favorite.”[/say] Still, he kept trying to lift her legs from the boots. Unfortunately, they were both coated with mud by this point, so he was mainly sliding against her legs, unable to get much purchase. [say]”I’ll keep an eye out.”[/say] He probably owed her for the whole ditching her at the tree still. As she tried to defend her behavior, he just shook his head. [say]”You’re right, it does sound stupid.”[/say] His voice came out cheerfully, completely unwilling to let her justify her actions.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-06-2019

“[say]I want to have fun with a great many amount of people.[/say]” She teases him back. “[say]You’ll have to ask.[/say]” She shrugs her shoulders, debating on sticking her tongue out to him as she zones in on his voice and gathers a pretty good idea of where he is when he mentions he’s never needed tattoos or scars to get what he wanted. A snort is sent his way before she shakes her head. “[say]I aspire for your confidence.[/say]” She admits, sarcastically.

Oh, and she’s managed to get the mud in his hair now – internally beaming at the success. A big glob of mud lands on her face, and she can’t help the laugh of surprise that leaves her with it – reaching up and feeling it streak across her cheekbone. She does her best to scoop up the amount that has gotten on her clothes, as he darts away – hearing the slight squelch of mud with his movements and pinpointing him before he returns.

His hands reach her ankles now and she reaches for him, for his shoulders with a tilt to her head. “[say]Better partners definitely.[/say]” She had believed Bastien when she was still Abandoned, that he hadn’t needed much else other than the bite. It just took a bit of trust, really. At the mention of last Longnight though, she nods her head with a small shrug. “[say]Yeah, they did. But we didn’t have any buildings burn down.[/say]” She retorts. “[say]Nor was I outside.[/say]” A quiet hum of laughter leaves her at that.

When he tells her that he was hoping he was her favorite, she grins a wide fanged grin to him. “[say]Sorry, lover boy, you’ve got a few ranks to go.[/say]” So saying, her legs lifted from the boots surprisingly easily but she was covered in mud, and his hands continued to slide, unable to find grip. So she helps him out, because her legs are basically the only place that work, and she lifts one leg and then another out of the boots, doing her best to hop over to sit along the steps she had just stepped down from when he cheerfully replies.

“[say]What would life be without a few stupid things?[/say]” She jests, turning her head to him with a tilt. “[say]Pretty boring if you ask me.[/say]” So saying, she sticks her hands down into a bit more of the mud, making a small sort of snowball mudball out of it the best she can with the hands that don't quite work the way they used to. And then she goes to toss it to him, pinpointing from sound his direction.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-08-2019

Well, that was interesting. [say]”Married life not satisfying you, tough girl?”[/say] Sounded like it. [say]”Well I’ll be sure to ask. And to show Bastien a few tricks, since he is apparently lacking in the bedroom.”[/say] Granted, the potter, knew fuck all about pleasing a woman. But he knew a lot about pleasing a partner, and they were all Ascended anyway, so basically they had all the same preferences. Ignoring the sarcasm in Rexanna’s voice—because really, Amun’s statement had stood on its own—he responded cheerfully teasing. [say]”You sure did. Stick around, tough girl, you might learn a few tricks.”[/say]

[say]”Well if you know anyone, send them my way. Otherwise I’m just gonna have to find a pair or a group, because my limp dick is apparently unappealing.”[/say] The normally easy-going Amun was more than a bit grumpy about that. However, it was hard to keep him down for long. Even discussions of deaths and LongNight couldn’t deter his relentless breeziness. [say]”It’s not a real party unless something catches fire, that’s what I always say.”[/say] Seeing as they’d both been outside (and both survived, go team) he didn’t really need to elaborate or think about that.

Fucking Caido.

He grinned at her as she lifted her feet; it just widened at her compliment. [say]”I’m happy to stay where I am if I get to be lover boy to your tough guy.”[/say] Then, he plucked her boots from the mud. The annoying stuff tried to suck the boots back, but the potter tugged hard: they came loose and he tucked them under one arm. Her favorite boots were now his. That’s what she got for not ranking him higher. Maybe if she was nicer in the future he’d give them back.

Only then did he join her in sitting on the steps. [say]”I’m fine with stupid, especially if it gets rid of the boredom. Deadly, though, not so much my cup of tea.”[/say] Indeed, all the monsters, both of the arboreal and the darkness types (and the human ones, of course) were not his favorites.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-11-2019

She gives a look like she’s contemplating his words before she snorts. “[say]Marriage number 2 is going far better than expected actually.[/say]” She admits with a quiet hum of laughter. “[say]He handles me fine, don’t you worry.[/say]” She’d wink if she could – but the idea of bedroom theatrics has definitely died down a bit since her Ascension. After all, Amun is right. The preferences are basically the same all across the board nowadays.

A hum of laughter and amusement leave her as he tells her to stick around and she’ll learn a few tricks to reaching his confidence, and a nod of knowing is sent his way before he continues. “[say]You just need to go meet Lily and get acquainted with the room.[/say]” She tells him easily, making a show as if it’s no big deal anyway. “[say]Then no more complaints about a limp dick.[/say]” Another jest, but she’s enjoying it far too much despite her rough exterior.

But he mentions that it’s not a real party, and she positively grins to him, holding her splinted hands out in front of her to spark a bit of her flame magic to weave between her fingers with a grin. “[say]I’ve got the fire covered.[/say]” A waggle of her eyebrows would accompany it, if it could be seen beneath the blue of her bandana she wears to hide her eyeless state.

But she’s free from the boots, sliding over to sit along the side as he continues and she laughs easily – hearing him pluck the boots from the mud. “[say]Ah, so the boots aren’t a lost cause then?[/say]” She taunts, because what else would he have grabbed out of the mud that would squelch like that? The guess was as good as any.

He sits beside her after a moment and she looks over toward him as he speaks, smile softening along her lips. “[say]I suppose that’s a fair way to look at life.[/say]” And it was, it made sense really.

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-11-2019

Amun snorted right back at Rexanna. [say]”Ah, so hubby set low expectations? I guess that’s one way to do it.”[/say] He waggled his eyebrows out of habit. [say]”You don’t know me very well tough girl. I worry about very little.”[/say] Indeed, his voice was as cheerful and easy-going now as it was almost all the time.

At the mention of Lily and a room and no more limp dicks, the potter’s voice came out with equal parts mischief and curiosity. [say]”Who is this Lily and what is this miraculous room of which you speak?”[/say] As Rexanna conjured a flame, however, Amun shuffled farther away from her. [say]”I know you’re a tough girl and all, but everyone keeps telling me what a bad idea fire and Ascended are.”[/say] He turned so that he was facing her more completely, but also so that he could launch himself away if she set herself on fire. [say]”What’s your secret?”[/say] His voice came out in an over the top conspiratorial whisper.

Her question caused him to laugh, the sound dark and low. [say]”Was just checking on them, but sorry tough girl. There’s no salvaging these.”[/say] His tone was mockingly sincere. Still, he went to sit beside her easily enough. [say]”So now that the monsters are gone and you’re married, what’s next for you, tough girl?”[/say]

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Rexanna - 11-12-2019

Amun’s snort garners one of her own in response. A shrug offered and not a whole lot else. She doesn’t have anything else to say, anything else to add to what he says until he mentions that he worries little. She wishes she knew what that was like – far too worried, far too concerned with everything. She wonders if his carefree lifestyle left more to be desired or if it was easier somehow. Yet, she doesn’t ask, content to watch when she gets eyes and listen to him in the meantime with their playful banter.

“[say]Lily owns the House of Revelries.[/say]” She begins, giving him a sly smile. “[say]And the miraculous room is a room of which you Ascended men can get it up.[/say]” A brighter smile crosses her face at that, hinting toward a smirk with her little amusement.  Still, she can hear him shuffle away as she conjures a flame and dismisses it briefly after, listening as he mentions that fire and Ascended were a bad mixture.

They were, she was just special.

“[say]The fire was in me before I became Ascended?[/say]” She tilts her head with a quiet laugh. “[say]Abandoned and Ascended. Pretty special if you ask me.[/say]” Don’t ask the gods though, she’s probably the least liked now by the old gods. At least the Voice made up for it.

Still, she hears his laugh as he settles in beside her. “[say]Uh huh. Well, if I see you sporting any special boots, I can show you first hand how well fire and Ascended mix.[/say]” Her head tilts as if an ultimatum has been made, but regardless if the boots were or weren’t gone, she didn’t care. She could make and alter a new pair, anyway. It wasn’t too lost on her.

“[say]Eyes first.[/say]” She mentions at his question. “[say]Then maybe mountains?[/say]” A curious thought, one she mulls over quietly before she focuses on Amun the best she can without her sight. “[say]What about you? What’s your plan?[/say]”

RE: (SE) in a world full of make believe - Amun - 11-12-2019

[say]”House of Revelries. Got it. And I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks, tough girl.”[/say] Amun’s voice, already cheerful, grew positively giddy. However, he couldn’t resist teasing Rexanna just a little bit more. [say]”What about Ascended women? Does it get you all hot and bothered as well?”[/say] He couldn’t help but grin.

It shifted into a smirk as she basically began bragging about herself. [say]”If I didn’t know you any better, tough girl, I’d say you were getting a bit of an ego.”[/say] He let out another one of his chuckles. [say]”Pretty special is right, tough girl. Special enough to get whacked by a tree and try to go flying while blind.”[/say] Again, though he was mocking her, his tone was much more light and joyful than cruel, inviting her in on the joke.

He snorted as she threatened him. [say]”Don’t take this the wrong way, tough girl, but even if I could fit into your boots, I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing them.”[/say] Indeed, he didn’t even react when she threw a glance his way (well, kinda, it was hard to tell with the no eyes thing). On the subject of eyes, he looked at her blindfold when she said she was getting new ones. [say]”Where are you planning to get new eyes, hm?”[/say] His voice grew genuinely curious. [say]”What mountains.”[/say] When she asked about his own plans, he chuckled again. [say]”Well. The Voice asked me to explore, so probably that. Though I might finally open a pottery studio.”[/say] His tone made it clear he was equally excited about both possibilities.