Court of the Fallen
[PQ] school daze - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [PQ] school daze (/showthread.php?tid=2229)

Pages: 1 2 3

school daze - Loren - 11-22-2019

Once again, Loren found himself asking for help. However, he didn’t mind, since, well, he was hoping he could build a space that would benefit more than just him. After having selected a suitable location (which was conveniently near Abasi’s mortuary) the Launceleyn had posted a notice stating that he was hoping to open a small school and requesting help getting the building set up, along with the time and the date.

That done, he’d scrounged up some construction materials, some from the market, some from scavenging and harvesting, and some from his own magic. Now he waited patiently, a pile of wood and stone on one side of him, a pile of tools on the other. Again, he was dressed in entirely serviceable brown clothes, the sleeves rolled up.

Astra was with him, though she was enjoying the fine Flowerbirth weather, practically prancing about, splashing in mud puddles, and letting out a contented bleat every once in a while. Occasionally she’d dart to him for an affectionate rub, and he’d oblige. Mostly he just watched her as she played, a faint smile on his face.

1. Delphia
2. Oliver
3. Wessex

This is a PQ to set up the school that Loren is hoping to set up! There are three open spots, though more can be opened if people need a PQ.

RE: school daze - Oliver - 11-24-2019

Anytime to help out other people was a good one. After spending a few weeks here, Oliver had learned some of his greatest joy came from events with others. So, when he saw a posting made by Loren, he immediately leaped on the opportunity. He wasn't sure how much he'd use the school, but it would be nice to spend time with others while helping out their community. Besides, Loren was a cool dude and Oliver kinda owed him something similar to rent, so hopefully this would help clear his conscious.

Nobody else had quite arrived yet, leading Oliver to be a bit wary, at least until he saw a very familiar companion. [say]"Hello there, Astra,"[/say] There was a warm smile on his face and an air of positivity to his voice. Honestly, he wasn't nearly as happy as he let on, but he needed to show that he was happy so not to worry anyone. Plus, being around animals simply made him feel better, so he did feel a bit happier than he was before.

Finally, the man who had started all of this came into view. Walking on over to him, Oliver gave a small nod of greeting. [say]"Hello Loren, I'm here to help however you need me."[/say] Of course, whilst he waited, he absolutely give Astra some pets if she'd allow him.

RE: school daze - Delphia - 11-25-2019

Even in the light of day this settlement was gloomy, likely a result of being so secluded and overrun with centuries of dead Ludo could not bring to Mort. Though it was fortunately not nearly so monstrous as it had been during LongNight. It was just...depressing. Vi's realm should not be so overlapped with Mort's...though surely Rae found the whole thing fascinating.

As she meandered, she happened upon a few familiar faces, and decided to stop. It seemed Loren was also constructing something. [say]"Building must be a common pastime of this place."[/say] she said with a hint of a smile.

RE: school daze - Wessex - 11-30-2019

Wow, it’s like she actually has time to do shit now. Imagine that.

Purposefully ignorant of everything (but not oblivious to tensions and prior sentiments)that went on during the meeting, Wessex is more than happy to start inserting herself back into society at the most awkward of places and times. Don’t like her? Tough cookies. Is it a form of revenge? Maybe. She’s about to start a subtle PR damage control campaign, one helping hand at a time. See, she’s realized that she does best one-on-one, and while she was busy putting on her big girl pants, she lost connections with a lot of the people. Can she change their mind about killing the Fae? Eh, probably not. But Jigano’s lied and exaggerated and it’s time to do a little fighting back.

Is Loren the best place to start? Probably not. But being seen is important.

Wessex is curious about what kind of school Loren wants to create. The Naturals have their own sort of thing for children and the Medical College is woefully small for its giant building. There simply aren’t enough adults, she thinks, but who is she to tell him it might be an exercise in futility? Arriving at the designated place and time, the Wraith comes cloaked, but fully able to do most things.[say] “Heard you need some help,”[/say] she says by way of greeting, a slight half-grin quirking up her face at the sight of the playing companion.

RE: school daze - Loren - 11-30-2019

Loren smiled at Oliver as the other man showed up. [say]”Hello Oliver. Thanks for coming.”[/say] Astra, for her part, trotted up to Oliver and gave him pathetic eyes, hoping for scratches. As Delphia arrived, the summoner smiled at her as well. [say]”Hi to you too, Delphia.”[/say] There was a slight bemused tone in his voice. Then he tilted his head, a curious expression on his face. [say]”It is, given that many of the buildings are broken down, but I’m curious what makes you say that.”[/say]

As Wessex, arrived, the Launceleyn’s smile slipped away. He regarded her with inscrutable eyes, though he nodded at her words. [say]”I do. Thanks for coming.”[/say] Honestly, his tone was truly grateful and his expression softened somewhat. Civility and progress all around.

Turning to the group, he clasped his hands behind his back. [say]”There’s several things we need to do. First, we’ll need to fix up the outside. Second, we’ll need to clean the debris from the inside. I’d also like to build a small office inside, so that will require a bit of work. Finally, we’ll need to acquire supplies and furniture. Desks, chairs, paper, quills, that sort of thing. We can also build the furniture here if anyone feels up to it.”[/say] Smiling again, his eyes flicked to them each in turn. [say]”Feel free to work on whatever task you want. Any questions?”[/say] He waited to see what they’d do, or to see if they had questions for him.

No post order!

RE: school daze - Oliver - 12-01-2019

To see Loren smile? Well, that certainly brightened Oliver's day. He could remember back when the two first met, when Loren hardly even showed any inclinations of emotions. How he had been a bit too keen in the idea of finding Loren a hobby or something to see a hint of expression on his face. It was nice to start to feel comfortable around Loren, to actually find himself feeling a bit happier when around him. Hell, maybe that's why he wanted to help out...nah.

With Astra trotting on over, Oliver found himself smiling more as he reached forward to give her some nice pets. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a familiar figure join. Delphia. She and him seemed to have a habit of running into each other when doing service projects. It wasn't too surprising to see her, but the next person? Holy shoot. Oliver did not expect to see the ex-Queen make an appearance. Honestly, he didn't hold many grudges towards her. While he may have certain opinions about her political decisions, he still didn't really see her as a bad person. Plus, an extra set of hands wasn't really all that bad of a thing.

Sadly for Astra, work was calling, so Oliver pulled away from her and moved to stand with everyone else, awaiting orders. Now, the last time Oliver helped out he got stuck with the worst job...okay, maybe he's being a bit dramatic: the not as fun job. No way in hell was he going to be fixing the outside of another building. The last time he got mud on him AND didn't even get to talk to anyone. So that fucking sucked. [say]"I'll clean out the inside."[/say] Oliver said maybe a bit too quickly with a raise of his hand. Building furniture didn't sound bad, but repairing the outside? Fuck. That. Shit.

If Loren didn't have anything else to say to him, Oliver would make his way inside to begin working on cleaning out all the crap that had found its way into the building.

Oliver chooses to clean the inside!

RE: school daze - Delphia - 12-01-2019

[say]"Because everyone here is always building things."[/say] she said in response to Loren, though clearly distracted. It was more difficult during the day for her to concentrate on much of anything, what with the worlds of the living and the dead colliding. It was rather like having a bee constantly buzzing about one's head. Given the relative newness of the Grounds to her, it was particularly difficult to focus. But it seemed there was much to be done, and the Abandoned had been kind enough as it was (was he a friend? It was hard for the woman who loved all like her father to distinguish between the depth of a relationship at times) and so she harnessed some discipline to focus in on his words.

The tasks were simple, though after her last blunder with cleaning, Delphia decided to take up a different task. [say]"I can fetch the furnishings."[/say] she said softly, before turning to go.

Delphia is going to go find desks and such!

RE: school daze - Wessex - 12-01-2019

Well then, peace and civility for now according to Loren’s greeting and acceptance, which Wessex can definitely work with given the task at hand. It probably doesn’t require much talking, which would be a small blessing. Letting Oliver and Delphia pick their tasks first, Wessex casts a glance towards the building.[say] “I’d take the outside, but…”[/say] with a jerk of her chin towards the sky and the inevitable sun, she indicates that it’s probably best if she, too, works inside.  

[say] “Any idea where you want the office?”[/say] A room he already found suitable, or a wall he wanted torn down, or…? She’s got half of the demolition tools she needs in her arms and knuckles already, just needs some direction. Wouldn’t want to mess up his plans for the place.

RE: school daze - Loren - 12-02-2019

As Oliver and Phoebe went inside and outside respectively, Loren turned to Wessex. Nodding at the former queen’s comment and question, he followed her into the still ruined building. It was mostly a rectangle, but there was a small alcove in one of the far corners. Pointing at it, he turned to face the Ascended. [say]”I was thinking of just putting up a small wall and a door there.”[/say] The space was barely large enough to fit a desk and a chair, and it was windowless, but he didn’t mind.

Sparing a quick glance for Oliver, the Launceleyn went back outside. The other man would find that his quest to avoid mud was in vain: the inside had puddles of the stuff, in addition to broken wood and fallen stones. The outside needed a lot of work as well. Sighing, the summoner summoned a bear and had it lift a stone into place. Once it was there, the Launceleyn attempted to fit it into the stones around, and use mortar to seal it. He’d repeat that as many times as necessary until there were no more holes.

On the subject of outside, Delphia would quickly find herself in the market in the Settlement. An older, kindly looking woman, called out to the demi-god. ”Hello there, lass! I couldn’t help but overhear you were looking for some furniture?” The old woman gestured at the chairs she had stacked behind her. ”Got some right here, and there’s more where that came from in the building behind me.” The woman’s eyes gleamed. ”But you gotta do something for me first. My wood and paint supplies are running low.” Waiting expectantly, the old woman watched Delphia.

No post order!

RE: school daze - Oliver - 12-03-2019

Nobody seemed to have any problem with him choosing to work inside, so that's fantastic. However, the moment he stepped inside he almost regretted picking this as his task. To say that the indoors was a mess was an understatement. There goes him keeping his clothes clean because there was mud everywhere. He was a man of his word, so despite all this, Oliver chose to continue on with his given task.

With a sigh, Oliver walked on inside and worked on making piles of the different types of things that needed to be removed. A pile of things such as wood that could easily be reused, a pile specifically for the stone, and then everything else in their own pile. It would hopefully make it easier for cleaning up as well as efficiently using everything. Surely, they'd be able to use the wood for firewood. Oliver liked a cup of the tea by the fire, despite it no longer being Deepfrost and dammit was he going to get it.

Working alone wasn't too fun, but he'd make the most out of it, humming a little tune to himself as he worked.

Oliver begins cleaning! He makes piles for the garbage and debris so that things such as wood can be reused.

RE: school daze - Delphia - 12-04-2019

Delphia took a meandering path through the streets of the settlement, following unseen spirits through a winding path that ended at the market place. When the woman called out to her she approached, but her steely gaze was distant, distracted. [say]”Yes, I am looking for furnishings for the school being built.”[/say] she said absentmindedly, only half-paying attention to the woman as she made her requests for a trade. Instead, the daughter of Mort was watching an uncollected soul flutter about. Protective. Settled. Not lost, but waiting. Her expression fell into a warm smile. How nice of him.

[say]”Your husband has died, yes? A lung disease with chills a few Deepfrosts ago… Geralt he says his name is.”[/say] Delphia said softly, looking back at the woman. [say]”He wonders why your son is not seeing to your care – your wood and your paints.”[/say] she said, head tilting to the side slightly.

Delphia is distracted by the dead people. Classic.

RE: school daze - Wessex - 12-04-2019

Following Loren in to the building, she looks at the area he indicates he wants for an office. Welp. Ok. If he’s sure. Nodding, Wessex says simply,[say] “I’ll see what I can do.”[/say] When he leaves, she stands there for a moment and does some measuring with her hands, marking width and height in reference to herself. Then she returns to the woodpile outside and searches for something she can cut down to size. When she thinks she’s found something big enough, Wessex carries it back inside and sets it in place… and finds it isn’t big enough. Frowning to herself, she heads back to the woodpile and selects two other pieces, one for the wall with the door and one for the door.

Together, those are big enough, and she ends up cutting a hole about adult-height in the center, to allow some light in, because being cooped up in a dark office isn’t good for anyone who isn’t Ascended. Finding some hinges and screws, the Wraith sets to attaching the door to the wall.
--------------------

W can’t find any wood big enough for the ‘big side,’ but has managed to put the door and ‘short wall side’ together.

RE: school daze - Loren - 12-05-2019

Loren made sure to nod his thanks at Wessex before he headed outside. Unfortunately, he found that his rather haphazard method of putting the stones in didn’t work. At all. Shocking. Every time he tried to move on, the stones would slide out. Sighing, he placed more mortar down, and this time, in addition to holding the stones there for longer, tried to leech the water from it with his magic, though he had no idea if that was how any of this worked.

Inside, things were going slightly better. Oliver, would be fine when it came to the pieces of wood he collected. However, perhaps because he was tired from some of the heavy lifting, or careless because he was upset over the mud, or sheer, dumb, bad luck definitely that, he would find that every time he turned his back on the piles of rocks, the mud would’ve carried the stones back to their original positions.

Farther afield, Delphia would also encounter some slight difficulty. Indeed, the shopkeeper was now eying the demi-god suspiciously. [say]”Either you’re a weird sort of Abandoned, or my good for nothing son put you up to this.”[/say] The old woman’s words came out heatedly and her eyes flashed as she crossed her arms. [say]”Well, if it is my shit-for-brains son you can tell him I’m not too old to box his ear.”[/say] It was clear that the shopkeeper had little patience for these antics.

Near the alcove, Wessex’s work would go perfectly, so at least they had that going for them. Indeed, her door and her short wall would stay in place as she put the finishing touches on the hinges.

No post order!

RE: school daze - Delphia - 12-05-2019

Delphia’s head tilted to the side, at first in confusion at the woman’s own seeming misunderstanding, but then she smiled warmly. [say]”I am no Abandoned. My name is Delphia, daughter of Mort, and I am able to speak with those who have died. Your husband’s soul still resides here, as he does not wish for you to make the trek to my father’s realm alone when your time comes.”[/say] she said, her cool gaze moving from the woman to the empty space just beyond her shoulder once more, preoccupied by something that she could only see it seemed. [say]”I suppose I can leave you for now, since you aren’t making any trouble.”[/say] she said softly, looking back at the woman then. Her finger drew circles on her thumb, and she continued to remain distracted.

[say]”So…why is it your son isn’t helping you?”[/say] she asked.

Delphia is doing a fabulous job of not accomplishing anything she was asked to.