Court of the Fallen
come follow me down - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: come follow me down (/showthread.php?tid=2286)

Pages: 1 2

come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-07-2019

The bar is almost ready, just needing some finishing touches. And time had seemed to pass by quickly since everything had happened, his mood shifting – still dampered, but more open, less… Dark and stormy, though if he remained stationary for too long it would certainly return as such. So he had been active in trying to prevent it, in trying to ensure that he can keep himself busy enough to keep his mind off of everything else.

The last few days it had worked.

He intends to keep it going, arms full of small things for décor here and there he’d gotten from the Settlement and the shops, returning to the bar with his bow slung over his shoulder – having offered animals he’d hunted for the exchange of it. The only thing he could offer, since there wasn’t any currency. So he does the best with what he’s got.

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-07-2019

For once, Loren’s mental link was locked down tight. Normally, he tried to keep his link open, not wanting to hide his thoughts and emotions, not anymore, after it had caused so much pain and strife. However, he was annoyed, and didn’t want the target of said annoyance to know about it. So he was shifted, running rapidly through the Settlement, searching for some sign of Sunjata.

Eventually, after roaming the streets for a while, the summoner found the panther, arms full of items. Without slowing down (speeding up, in fact), the Launceleyn made a beeline straight for the other man. Jaws opening wide, he dashed forward, and then attempted to clamp down on Sunjata's ankle.

RE: come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-07-2019

Things were going relatively well, until they weren’t. Luckily, the items in his arms weren’t easily breakable as they promptly slip from his arms once Loren’s teeth grip at the space above his boot, while Sunjata turns and plants his weight onto his other leg before trying to shake the attacking creature off.

He can see the honey badger form, and knows immediately who it is — but honestly? What the fuck? His teeth were like sharp little razors on the back of his ankle, and Sunjata’s steel gaze slips down to the creature with a dark raised brow, clenched jaw. “[say]What the fuck, Loren?[/say]” He rumbles to the badger, reaching for one of the items that had fallen. He doesn’t shift to talk to the badger in the attuned form, too many things in his hands that he’d have to put down in order to do so.

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-07-2019

Unfortunately for Sunjata, Loren wasn't above taking a bit of a knocking to get his point across. Even more unfortunately for the panther, the honey badger's teeth were quite hard to dislodge. So the Launceleyn clung on. [say]I could ask you the same question.[/say] Only now did he let his annoyance with the other man spill over.

And there was quite a bit of annoyance. [say]I know you are grieving. And I feel for you, and I'm sorry for everything you've been through.[/say] All that was true, and he made no attempt to hide that truth. [say]I also know what it's like to lash out because you are hurting, and probably the last person to be giving this advice.[/say] He paused to let that sink in.

[say]So listen to me when I say this. How dare you use what I told you in confidence to hurt Phoebe?[/say] Finally, he released Sunjata, though Loren snarled up at the panther.

RE: come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-07-2019

The badger doesn’t let go, despite Sunjata’s attempts, and he stills with his steel gaze narrowing down at the badger — not necessarily wanting to hurt him, but wanting him to let go, but pausing when Loren’s voice reaches his ear. What even was that supposed to mean? He lets Loren get through his barrage of dialogue before he actually gets to the point and Sunjata sighs heavily.

At least the badger has let go of his ankle.

He rolls his ankle a bit to feel for the damage as he focuses on Loren. “[say]It just slipped out. And yeah, I was upset. She came to me after knowing Lusea was gone, trying to help.[/say]” He growls, pausing slightly. “[say]But that comment wasn’t what hurt her. She didn’t leave after that, after saying that I was upset about Lusea was like how she cried over men. How she was just a girl.[/say]” He pauses to let it sink in. A girl he’d lost twice.

It didn’t relate to how the midwife had lost him, how she’d lost Emmett. “[say]If you want to actually get the events that happened, don’t bite me anymore and come to the bar.[/say]” He reaches for the items that slipped out of his arms, turning to the porch of the bar and opening it for Loren should he choose to follow.

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-08-2019

In the face of Sunjata’s words and explanation, Loren’s anger immediately boiled away. [say]Oh. Shit. Sorry.[/say] His mind was filled with equal parts embarrassment and apology. [say]She shouldn’t have said that. But she was hurt by your words.[/say] However, it was clearly his heart wasn’t in it.

Giving the mental equivalent of a sigh, the summoner shifted and ran a hand through his hair. [say]”Sorry. I overreacted, and assumed she was telling the truth.”[/say] He frowned. [say]”Even though I know she has a habit of twisting it to make herself come off more sympathetically.”[/say] Tone still apologetic, the Launceleyn shifted his weight awkwardly from foot to foot. [say]"Bar it is. And I can heal that. Sorry again."[/say] He pointed at the other man's ankle.

RE: come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-08-2019

Steel eyes soften slightly at Loren’s apology and the feeling of the embarrassment. He doesn’t entirely judge Loren, he’d fucked up. But at the same time, there were two sides to the story, and with it Loren needed to get his side before flipping his lid about it. But soon enough, Loren has shifted to his usual self, and Sunjata opens the door for the both of them, letting Loren in before following and dumping the contents onto the bar top they’d all put together.

He decides to take Loren up on the healing offer after he’s settled in and his arms aren’t full of items. So he pushes the items to the side, grabs a glass to fill with a small amount of whiskey. “[say]I was a dick, yeah. And yeah, I hurt her with my words. But it wasn’t the comment about LongNight that did it.[/say]” He rumbles, offering a glass to Loren should the summoner want one.

Sighing lightly, he focuses back on Loren. “[say]I wanted to push her away, I didn’t want her to get close to me again after what happened before. And so we argued, and it just came out. I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking when I said it.[/say]” He takes a deep drink of his own glass. “[say]But she stayed after that.[/say]”

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-09-2019

Taking the proffered glass, Loren took a sip, feeling the alcohol burn down his throat. As Sunjata spoke, the summoner frowned, but remained mostly quiet. Instead, his eyes searched the panther's features.

However, eventually the Launcelyn sighed. [say]"Having tried to push people away, let me tell you that it doesn't work, because you can't control them and their actions. If they're determined to be in your life, sometimes you have to accept that, though you control the relationship as much as they do."[/say] Then the corners his lips quirked up. [say]"Plus, this is a small community, and you're bound to run into her. Probably best to make your peace with one another."[/say] His tone was a bit awkward, but hopefully the advice was sound.

Tilting his head, he took another sip. [say]"What happened next? What comment did she take offense to?"[/say] Although he tried to keep his tone even, there was a sort of morbid curiosity in it.

RE: come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-09-2019

“[say]For the record, too, I apologized for that.[/say]” He rumbles before lifting the glass to his lips and taking a sip before he leans on his arms along the countertop, gaze finally drifting to Loren when he begins to speak about pushing people away. “[say]True.[/say]” He admits, a small brief smile crossing his face before his gaze drifts down to the glass and the bottle between them. “[say]Well, she accepted the apology and insisted on doting on me. So I let her.[/say]” Because I’m weak, still.

He’s not entirely sure how to phrase the next part, so he inhales deeply and shakes his head, gaze still staring at the glass. “[say]Did you know that when she was blighted, that… We… Well. She found out from Frey that if it weren’t for the blight she would’ve had my kid.[/say]” They hadn’t known, it hadn’t gone far enough like Emmett’s had. They were unaware until Frey had to say something about it. A muscle feathers briefly in his jaw. “[say]And she asked me about it, if I thought about it at all. So I said yes, because I do. I don’t want kids. But it almost happened, so yeah I think about it.[/say]” His gaze lifts back up to Loren with a small sigh.

“[say]She asked me if we still had a chance. The answer to that is what she didn't like.[/say]” He lifts the glass to his lips and takes a deep sip before setting it along the counter top again and begins to pour more into it.

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-09-2019

The corner of Loren's lips quirked up. [say]"She's insisted on doting on me before as well. It seemed easier to let her her have her way, but in retrospect, probably a bad idea."[/say] His tone was a bit chagrined, and he took a sip of the whiskey.

Continuing to drink periodically, this time he stayed quiet as Sunjata spoke. Although the summoner's eyebrows rose at the story about the child, he didn't say anything until the panther fell silent. [say]"As long as you're honest with her, and don't give her more hope, hopefully she'll get over it."[/say] The Launceleyn shrugged, and his words weren't at all certain. [say]"As for the child, I'm sorry to hear that."[/say] Biting his lip, he glanced away. [say]"Not all children survive, though. Most don't."[/say]

RE: come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-10-2019

Sunjata snorts to Loren’s initial comment, nodding with a small smirk that crosses his face. “[say]I have a tendency of almost always giving in to her.[/say]” He says briefly, lifting the glass to his lips and taking a deep sip, before he dives in deep about the story of him and Phoebe, of the child they almost had if it weren’t for the blight. An important detail, he soon realizes, to have. And he falls silent after, to take another drink, before Loren’s words reach him again.

“[say]I told her we’d changed. That I wasn’t going to be what she wanted or needed.[/say]” He shrugs. “[say]I’m not. She says she doesn’t care, but you know her. If she knew half the things… Well.[/say]” She says she doesn’t care, and yet Sunjata still heavily doubts it. He thinks she just wants to be loved by someone who could love her back, and he wasn’t sure he could do that anymore. Still, a slight nod is given to Loren. “[say]They don’t.[/say]” A muscle feathering lightly in his jaw at that. A distant memory of murdering so many.

He takes another deep sip. “[say]She wouldn’t have known if Frey hadn’t said anything.[/say]” A contemplative thought. “[say]I almost wish they hadn’t said anything.[/say]”

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-10-2019

The corner’s of Loren’s lips quirked up at Sunjata’s admission, but that was the only response the summoner gave. Instead, he sighed, and gave the panther a pointed look. [say]”If you really feel that way, then you have to remain firm. Open the door even a little bit and she’ll shove through it.”[/say] The Launceleyn’s words were kindly enough, but there was steel in them.

He stayed quiet as the other man admitted that he wished Frey had remained silent. Then, though, Loren shook his head. [say]"The truth might hurt. But...I've found that it hurts less than lies do. Even lies of omission."[/say] There was a haunted look in his eyes and his tone was sad. [say]"Regardless, we can't control the gods. We can only deal with the aftermath in the best way we know how."[/say] Still, there was a sympathetic expression on his face.

RE: come follow me down - Sunjata - 12-10-2019

He nods to Loren as he takes another deep sip of the drink before settling the glass along the counter top and snorting slightly. His door had always been open a fraction for her, and he’s not sure when it started or why he couldn’t keep it closed, but that’s where he was. He doesn’t say anything on it, instead he focuses on Loren again at the comment of Frey.

“[say]Mmm true.[/say]” He mutters half under his breath, slate eyes drifting to follow the crystal hue of the glass, the way the light reflected on it. “[say]I like to think I’m dealing with the aftermath of that well enough. But we both know my judgement is iffy.[/say]” There’s a light smirk that crosses his face at that before sighing heavily. “[say]So, not going to bite me again are you?[/say]” His gaze drifts up to look at Loren with a dark raised brow.

If not, at least the summoner could heal him then.

RE: come follow me down - Loren - 12-10-2019

Reminded of his own drink, Loren took a sip when Sunjata did. At the other man's words about coping, the summoner smiled faintly. [say]"Happy to tell you when your judgment is poor if you do the same for me."[/say] He tipped his glass at the panther before taking another sip.

At the question and the eyebrow, the Launceleyn let out a huff of laughter. [say]"I don't know, you tasted pretty good."[/say] There was a gently teasing tone in Loren's voice. Still, with his free hand he gestured vaguely at the Sunjata's ankle. [say]"I can heal you, though, if you're ready. Sorry, again, about my overreaction."[/say] His voice was truly contrite, and his expression had turned sympathetic.