Court of the Fallen
we'll meet again - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: we'll meet again (/showthread.php?tid=2334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

we'll meet again - Oliver - 12-12-2019

It had been a bit since Oliver could simply relax. He had been so caught up with helping everyone and constantly being occupied that he hardly had anytime to simply go outside and explore. Not where there were bustling crowds and people lining the streets, rather, explore the forests. See the new plant-life that had started to return with the warm, inviting weather. Oliver could hardly even remember the last time. Possibly it were when he met with Remi and met Aoife...maybe that was it.

No matter, Oliver wouldn't strain himself too much. He didn't quite feel safe enough to go on an adventure in his new animal form, worried about what creatures may attack him seeing as he was so tiny and vulnerable. Instead, he stayed as he was, a nice bag strung over his back. He always made sure to come prepared and today was no different. Inside his bag was a sketchbook and a canteen of water. Not much, but just enough to keep him going. He couldn't consider himself really needing anything else.

Walking through the Glade, he made sure to stay quiet, listening to his surroundings and trying his best to simply enjoy this time. To appreciate everything around him.

Amun

RE: we'll meet again - Amun - 12-12-2019

Surprising as it might sound, Amun was working. He'd been informed of clay deposits by the Oasis, and was exploring the forest surrounding the water. The clay needed to be brought to his studio from the Oasis unfortunately. So his eyes flicked here and there, searching for the easiest route through the trunks. Although he wasn't looking forward to transporting the clay, he could at least make life simple for himself.

However, as he wandered, he spotted Oliver's familiar shock of blonde hair. The potter’s steps slowed for just a moment at the sight of the other man. Then, though, Amun shrugged and continued forward. [say]”Hey Blondie. Whatcha doing in the dark scary woods at night?”[/say] At least this narrator assumes it's night. He grinned more than a bit wickedly and winked. [say]”Waiting for someone?”[/say] Making a show of peering around, a mischievous light twinkled in the Ascended's eyes.

RE: we'll meet again - Oliver - 12-12-2019

Being out at night might've not been the best option...but Oliver also had his knife stuffed into his boot. As well, he was confident in his abilities to get home. Before, he would've been hopelessly lost, but now he felt like he'd be pretty okay.

Maybe he should've expected to find someone else, seeing as he normally did find others when he went out. Still, nothing would've prepared him for the familiar voice of Amun. His eyes widened and he turned to look at the other man, surprised to hear him use the nickname. The man seemed casual enough, so might as well attempt to follow suit. Didn't Amun have anger towards him? How could he be acting so casual? [say]"No, I'm not really waiting for anyone. I just like to go outside...it feels nice. I have energy so why not? What about you? What brings you out in the scary forest?"[/say] Amun typically did things at night, but why was he out in the forest?

RE: we'll meet again - Amun - 12-12-2019

Tilting his head, the Ascended grinned. [say]"Just out for a nice nighttime stroll? Fair enough. You do you, Blondie."[/say] There was a lightly teasing tone in the potter's voice, but then again, there was always a lightly teasing tone in the potter's voice except on the rarest of occasions.

Amun smirked at Oliver's question. [say]”Well, for one, it’s not scary, since I can see in the dark.”[/say] As the Ascended spoke, he ticked off his fingers. [say]"Two, I like stretching my legs too, Blondie. But I can't really do it during the day, because of the whole bursting into flames thing."[/say] His voice wasn't afraid, just cheerfully recounting a fact. [say]"Three, I'm looking for the best way to transport things through the Glade."[/say]

RE: we'll meet again - Oliver - 12-12-2019

Nighttime stroll. Daytime stroll. Whatever. The only difference between the two was that he didn't exactly have eyes made for the night...but it'd be fine. Yeah, he shouldn't be this confident in his ability to survive, but now that he had Amun he felt completely safe. Even with their rough last encounter, Oliver still felt safe around Amun. That the other man would help him if anything were to go wrong.

[say]"Well...if you want help with transporting things, I could help you find something? Or better yet, I could always help you carry it?"[/say] Ah yes Oliver. Completely ignoring the fact that he wanted to apologize again...but dammit was it hard. Amun was just acting so casual! It felt awkward to just interrupt him and apologize, but he also didn't want to totally kill the mood. So, he had come up with a plan. If Amun accepted his offer, he always could apologize as they walked. [say]"I mean, it cant be fun to spend the night completely alone since most people are sleeping at this hour."[/say]

RE: we'll meet again - Amun - 12-13-2019

Amun chuckled at Oliver’s words, the sound dark and low. [say]”Thanks for the offer, Blondie, but unless you’re willing and able to make regular shipments of clay to my studio, I think I’ll have to come up with another solution.”[/say] Winking at the other man, the potter's eyebrows raised at Oliver's concern. [say]"I'm pretty good at amusing myself, Blondie. Especially because I don't sleep, so I've got all day to fill as well."[/say]

Then the Ascended smirked. [say]"Besides. Who said anything about spending my nights completely alone?"[/say] There was a wicked tone in his voice, and he waggled his eyebrows suggestively at the other man. Then Amun gestured in the direction of the Oasis. [say]"Anyway, as I said, I'm looking to find the best path through these trees."[/say] He began walking, figuring Oliver would follow. Or not, as the case may be.

RE: we'll meet again - Oliver - 12-13-2019

Well, that was something Oliver could actually do. He did need a job, after all. [say]"Well...I actually may be able to do that. I don't really have a job right now, so if you're willing to offer me something in exchange, I could absolutely bring you clay regularly."[/say] Maybe Amun could supply him with things that he could later trade away or things that he personally received from his own trades. Either way, Oliver wanted something to do and this really didn't sound too bad. Plus, it'd give him a new form of exercise seeing as he desperately needed to gain some muscles.

Amun was just as lighthearted as before, throwing special glances and winking every so often. Despite their quarrel before, those little gestures still made Oliver blush. Still made him feel warm inside and just drew him in closer. [say]"I'm sure there's a path you could take, we can look for one."[/say] He started to follow after Amun, now waiting for the moment that he could spring up his apology. Maybe mentioning the fact that he was attuned now could help show Amun that he was willing to be honest, that he would be far more open with the man.

Oliver wasn't exactly the most smooth of people. That much was obvious. So of course he was extremely awkward when he said the next thing. [say]"So.....anything new with you?"[/say]

Grinning, Amun nodded. [say]”Works for me, Blondie. Thanks. And hey, if you wanna supply the Artist’s Sanctuary too, I’m sure Bastien would appreciate it.”[/say] And helping Bastien was helping the Ascended, so the potter would be killing two birds with one stone without having to lift a finger.

Still grinning, the potter chuckled at Oliver’s blush and optimism. [say]”Sure thing."[/say] They starting walking, and the Ascended whistled idly as they picked their way through the tree. At the other man's question, he shrugged, though his expression remained cheerful. [say]"Not much. How about you, Blondie? Besides nighttime strolls, how've you been keeping yourself busy?"[/say] There was a gently teasing tone in the potter's voice.

It was a bit surprising that Amun had agreed to his offer...so maybe Amun didn't actually hold too much against him. Still, he knew he'd have to talk about it sooner or later. [say]"Yeah, I'd be alright with that. Once we find it I can bring you clay however often you want. Just let me know the days I should bring it."[/say] Of course, he'd probably do it during the day, but that hopefully wouldn't be a problem seeing as Amun could just stay indoors the entire time. [say]"Speaking of Bastien...I've been thinking about joining the guild, what do you say?"[/say] Yeah, he was asking for Amun's opinion. No matter what he said, Oliver would still join the guild. Mostly he just wanted to see what Amun would say.

The two started their journey towards the clay deposits and Amun was just as cheerful as ever. Oliver had huge doubts that nothing had really happened in Amun's life, but he wouldn't push. He was already on thin ice. [say]"Um...actually something really big did happen...I'm kinda happy you came here so I could tell you, since I really haven't told too many people yet."[/say] His voice had turned quiet and almost serious. [say]"I....I'm attuned now."[/say] It was so weird to actually say it, especially to Amun. One moment he was worried Amun would never utter a single word to him again, the next he was telling Amun something that was clearly very important to him.

Amun winked at Oliver, a pleased smile dancing on the Ascended’s lips. [say]”Sounds great to me, Blondie. I’ll work out a schedule and send it over.”[/say] When the other man expressed interest in joining the Sanctuary, the potter let out a chuckle. [say]"You an artist now, Blondie?"[/say] The question was lightly teasing, but then the Ascended shrugged. [say]"I say do what you want, live your life."[/say] It was clear that Amun would be fine whatever Oliver decided.

As the other man recounted the major development in his life, however, Amun's easy manner slipped away. Instead, he studied Oliver with suddenly wary eyes. [say]"Blessed by the old gods, huh? And what did they ask of you in return?"[/say] There was a lightness to the potter's voice, but he was listening closely to every word.

The agreement had been made, Oliver would hopefully now have a proper job. Deliveryboy or something. [say]"Perfect, once it's sent over I'll get to work."[/say] He'd probably make something to transport it easier, maybe a little tiny wagon or something. Amun wouldn't have to worry about it, though. It'd give him the time to work on making goods and doing whatever the hell else the man did.

[say]"I wouldn't call myself an artist, I'm not great, but I want to get better. So you know, why not?"[/say] Amun's words did help Oliver, despite Amun not really showing any care whether or not Oliver chose to join. It was simply nice to get another opinion, see if others thought he was pursuing something that was legitimately possible.

Oliver noticed a shift in attitude when he told Amun, which he expected. Still, he learned that Amun wanted him to be open and hopefully it'd show Amun that he was willing to tell him everything. To make up for the horrendous accident he had made before. [say]"Well, I need to tell others about Safrin....as well I also need to grow as a person. There's a lot of stuff I need to improve on as I'm far from perfect....she wants me to become confident, grow a spine, and stop rambling, but obviously I really need to work on that last one."[/say] He said with an awkward smile, realizing he was yet again rambling. Hopefully Amun wouldn't hate him. Oliver couldn't see himself becoming an ascended, not at all. Still, he didn't hold anything against Amun, not at all.

Amun simply nodded at Oliver’s agreement, distracted by stepping over a fallen tree trunk. However, the Ascended glanced over at the other man. [say]"If you make art, you're an artist. Call yourself whatever you want though, Blondie."[/say] Again, the potter's words were mocking, but not aggressive or mean. [say]"What kind of art?"[/say] He continued to lead them through the Glade as they scouted out routes to explore.

Smirking as Oliver finally finished speaking, Amun flashed his teeth at the other man. It wasn't exactly a smile. [say]"Obviously."[/say] Then his posture and voice grew much more casual seeming. [say]"So. What kinds of things does Safrin want you to tell people about her?"[/say]

It was wrong to call himself an artist when he couldn't even draw a cat without it looking like it was smashed in the face with fifty frying pans. [say]"If you say so, I'm working on sketching for now. I'm getting into painting a bit too."[/say] Getting into painting just so he can complete someone's gift. [say]"Was hoping to actually practice sketching tonight, if I could find something with enough light to focus on."[/say] There isn't anger to his voice, so he isn't upset that Amun distracted him from his mini-goal. Really, he could just work on sketching later.

Oliver looks over at Amun and suppresses a frown. He feels bad for bringing it up, but obviously it'd come up eventually. Better for him to personally tell Amun than for the man to find out through other methods. [say]"Tell others what she represents, what she's done for us. Help others to learn about her and respect her."[/say] There's much more, but he doesn't want to accidentally offend Amun.

The blonde chews on his lower lip, his eyes glancing away as he contemplates whether he should just apologize, let it out. He needs to apologize soon, he knows that, but when is the right time? [say]"Are you...okay? Doing well?"[/say] It's obvious there's something he wants to say, he just feels intimidated, worried.

Amun shot Oliver a grin. [say]”Well, if it’s light you want, you’re better off somewhere more civilized.”[/say] Winking at the other man, the Ascended’s grin gained a wicked edge. [say]”So tell me. What sorts of things do you like to sketch?”[/say] Again, he was teasing Oliver, but again, the potter didn't mean any harm by it.

Letting out a chuckle, Amun gave the other man a curious look. [say]"Oh? Is that all?"[/say] Smirking, the Ascended gave Oliver a once over, as if searching for some sign of his attuned status. [say]"So then. Tell me. What does she represent? What has she done for others?"[/say] When the other man asked how Amun was doing, the smirk deepened. [say]"Doing just fine, Blondie. Why do you ask."[/say] The again went unspoken.