Court of the Fallen
[Mini Event] Spin the Bottle! - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [Mini Event] Spin the Bottle! (/showthread.php?tid=2337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Spin the Bottle! - Phoebe - 12-12-2019

Phoebe had been honored to be asked to host a game for Fiat Lux – and this one seemed quite appropriate for a festival honoring Rae and Frey, Spin the Bottle.

A little spot had been prepared in the fields near where the dancing was taking place. It gave a lovely atmosphere with the music after all. Blankets were set out in a circle, and a small, polished piece of wood sat in the middle, atop which the infamous bottle sat. The midwife stood in the middle, a small bowl of mints in her hands, waiting for potential players to arrive. [say]”Everyone take a mint now! You want to make good first impressions, don’t you?”[/say] she said with a light laugh.

Welcome to Fiat Lux Spin the Bottle! Please post your character joining and finding a spot to sit. I will assign numbers at random, which will be used to determine where the bottle lands!

That’s right, who you kiss is up to fate. You didn’t really think I was going to let you pick did you?

This ME will move on in 72 hours!

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Oia'i'o - 12-12-2019

[say]"The herald doesn't seem to care much for rituals and frivolity of this sort. Why do you think they bother to dedicate all this to them? Why thank someone for something they're obligated to do?"[/say]

You aren't dressed for the occasion, but then again you almost never are. You're just Oia and the only reason you're wearing clothes at all is because its a social custom of the human animals, and were it not for the distracted looks and questions you receive when you forgo this particular custom, you'd disregard it entirely. But as it is you don't like being in the spotlight, don't like having eyes on you other than Kai's. So here you are clothed, but not for this.

[say]"Do you think there will be much mating?"[/say] Tis the reason for the season, after all.

So saying, you spy the Friend of Frey with a bottle, some mints, and a gathering crowd. [say]"Look."[/say] You say, voice low now as you nudge your twin. You look as though you're watching a nature documentary, Steve Irwining-out, though with none of his zeal. [say]"Come on. I think it's a mating ritual."[/say]

Oia lurks in the background with Kai.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Amun - 12-12-2019

Amun sauntered up, whistling a jaunty shanty, a wicked smile dancing on his lips. When he saw that weird Oia’i’o chick there, he obviously winked at her. [say]”Hey scribbler, hey chatty. Didn’t take you two to be a fan of spin the bottle.”[/say] Then his smile turned into a smirk. [say]”Or are you too chicken to actually participate?"[/say] There was a challenging tone in his voice, but he kept moving past her.

Reaching forward, he popped a mint in his mouth. As it dissolved, he smiled at the blonde woman leading the game, a mischievous light in his eyes. [say]”Thanks sweetheart. I don’t think we’ve met.”[/say] He swept into a shallow bow. [say]”Amun Arlun, at your service.”[/say] Straightening up, he moved to the edge of the circle they’d no doubt be forming, seeking a shadow. Once there, he lay on his side, the motion languid and lazy.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Sunjata - 12-12-2019

It’s probably a shit idea to be here, but he shows up anyway. It’s just a game, after all, no lingering effects in the end – at least he hopes not. Either way, he arrives, offering a small smile toward Phoebe in greeting, feeling a small amount of the awkwardness of their last meeting, but pushing it aside for Fiat Lux and all that it inhabits.

“[say]First impressions are everything.[/say]” He rumbles, taking a mint and popping it into his mouth, finding a space to sit and glance about to see who else arrives, swallowing down a bit more awkwardness in who might show, who he might have to kiss. Only time would tell, he supposes.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Adam - 12-12-2019

Adam liked festivals and parties - especially ones like Fiat Lux, which seemed to be focus on positive futures, moving on, fun sexy summertime upcoming...and what better way to celebrate that than kissing a stranger?

Frankly, he should have been charging whoever the lucky asshole would be, for the chance to kiss the one and only Adam 'Golden Tongue' Pikely. However, on account of the occasion, he had decided to be generous. Sitting down next to Sunjata he took a mint, tho it tasted...odd mixed in with the booze and party food taste in his mouth.

[say]"I should make it clear I'm a committed man nowadays, ew, so I can't go ahead and marry whoever I kiss, even though I know you'll beg me to."[/say] He put a hand over his chest as if apologising for a great sadness this would cause many.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Oliver - 12-12-2019

The blonde had vague memories of spin the bottle. Only really one instance that he could remember. None of the faces were clear, but he could remember enjoying himself. So why not take part in it here?

Once he arrived he wasn’t too surprised about who he saw actually taking part in the game. Only one person did he have no memories of, so might as well get to know the person. Taking a mint from, Phoebe, Oliver flashed her a smile before taking a seat next to Adam. [say]”Mind if I sit here? My name’s Oliver, what’s yours?”[/say] He didn’t sound too flirty, he mostly just wanted to get to know the guy before he was possibly kissing him. Of course, he’d also make sure to glance over at Amun and Sunjata, smiling faintly at the both of them.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Tarasha - 12-13-2019

Games seem a wonderful place to start getting to know people, and especially this game. I’ve never actually played spin the bottle, but I know the idea, and there’s enough... interesting looking people already hovering to draw me over. I take a mint from the offered bowl, smiling at the little... well, tall girl holding it, and find a place to sit myself down.

I can’t help but laugh, as I look around. Not a single woman in the circle, unless the gumdrop showrunner plans to join as well. [say]”This is going to be fun.”[/say] I say, to no one in particular, following a line of pink ink up my arm with a finger.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Lily - 12-16-2019

Well. Why the hell not? Lily’s super single and she knows Frey will be happy if she ends up bringing someone back to her bedroom tonight. Her offerings had been a little lackluster lately - composing solely of toe-curling orgasms brought about by her own hand. She imagines the god understands and isn’t too picky, but lord, she’s ready for someone else to be in that room with her again.

Sidling up to Phoebe again, she still wears her honeysuckle crown, placed a little haphazardly atop a flower-laced plait, red-faced from dancing and a happy little thrill in her eye. She’d never heard of spin the bottle, but if Sunjata was there… and Adam, silly as he was, and they were talking about kissing… she can’t come up with a reason not to play.

[say] “So, how do we play this?”[/say] she asks Sunjata as she sits across from him. With a smile to Amun and an appraising look at the fae lady, she’s decided she’s in.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Kiada - 12-16-2019

One thing Kiada’s never done, like Lily, is play Spin the Bottle. But the idea is well enough in her mind, and what’s the harm in having a bit of fun in Fiat Lux? Besides, it’s not like anything has to come from it, right? Just a simple kiss, done. She scans the gathering for any familiar faces, not quite seeing many other than Lily, Amun, and Adam. Making her way to the front where Phoebe stands offering mints, she offers a small smile and takes one, moving to sit somewhere near Adam, gaze lifting to capture his attention.

“[say]Long time no see.[/say]” She jests, a hum of laughter leaving her throat, settling in and glancing around the group again to see all those that have arrived – unsure of what to do and where to start, unsure if anyone else would be arriving as well. And in some of her uncertain anxieties, a small amount of feathers begin to sprinkle along her neck, despite her feigned attempts at swallowing it down.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Hotaru - 12-16-2019

You really think Hotaru would be the one to miss Spin the Bottle? Oh dear, absolutely not. She saunters in with a Cheshire grin, plucking a mint from Phoebe and popping itnin her mouth. Her gaze goes around the gathered circle, taking in familiar and strange faces alike. A damn shame, there are so few lovely ladies.

As she passes by to an empty seat she gently tugs at Kiada's hair, winking down at her. The girl had never been a direct inheritor of hers and Rexanna's seductive ways, but it's good to see she didn't go the other way and become uncomfortable with it. As she sits she spares a small wave of her fingers towards Oia, and a wink towards Sunjata, before she settles and awaits the spin.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Evie - 12-16-2019

Evie slides in late, taking a mint and settling with a fake confidence in an empty space in the circle. Crossing her legs she stares idly out at the gathered crowd, grinning at Amun, pleased to see him again after the hell of LongNight. There are many beautiful people gathered, and she curses her fluid sexuality, embarrassed by how hopeful she is that she will get a kiss out of this little game. It feels like forever since Rory.

Settling back on her hips the apothecarist awaits the next step, forgoing her worries to simply enjoy being around people during the festivities.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Nephele - 12-16-2019

The borders are open, and just in time for the Grounders festivities it seems. Nephele has not left the Greatwood since the Blight was defeated, since the Mathair was killed. So much has changed, but even now her curiosity remains intact. She recalls the good ones she had met, their kindness. Her hatred may boil at times, but Flowerbirth is for new beginnings. Perhaps that is exactly what they all need.

Nephele is surprised to see another Fae in attendance as she curiously flies above the gathered people. They are peculiarly placed in a circle, like a human mushroom ring. Curiosity piqued, Neph lowers herself to the ground, blinking at the humans and her singular brethren. Unsure of what this is but willing to give it a try, she flitters her wings and sits with a curious, birdlike tilt to her head as she examines the faces around her.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Kaimana - 12-17-2019

You stand off to the side with Oia, watching as people flock to this particular location. Are they all intending to mate today? Is this a normal courtship ritual for them? [say]"Seems like a strange way to choose a mate,"[/say] you point out to Oia, not bothering to lower your voice as your bright eyes skim across the group. [say]"How does it show genetic viability? Or the ability to provide for offspring?"[/say]

Genuinely curious, you turn to Friend of Frey, waiting for her (as she seems to be in charge) to explain the logic behind this new strange custom you are about to watch.

RE: Spin the Bottle! - Phoebe - 12-17-2019

Phoebe smiled as people began to gather, but keen eyes spotted some stragglers on the outskirts. Observing a kissing game at a festival meant to honor Frey? Oh nay nay. That would simply not do! Frey preached learning by doing not watching, if you caught the drift. [say]"Kai! Oia! Come and join in! What better way to learn than to play the game? Frey would encourage it!"[/say] she said brightly with a coy wink, doing her best to channel her friend's vibrancy, beckoning them to join the circle.

At first, as people gathered, it seemed it would be a downright sausage fest. But as the last few stragglers took their spots it seemed a churro fest was more the apropriate nomer. But it didn't matter. This was about fun and enjoyment, which was exactly what Frey would wish it to be. [say]"Alright, let's get started, shall we?"[/say] Phoebe said brightly, clapping her hands. [say]"For those who don't know, this game is called Spin the Bottle. Very simply put, someone spins the bottle in the middle, and whoever the tapered end points to when it stops is who they have to kiss on the lips! Now, this is all for fun and games and good entertainment, so let's try not to get too upset if you don't get someone you want, and if you do...well this is a great chance to make a great impression!"[/say] she said with a laugh.

The midwife stepped forward to the middle of the circle then. [say]"To give everyone a fair chance to go first, I'll just give this a spin and whoever it lands on will be yhe first to spin for a kiss."[/say] she said, before spinning the bottle with a flick of her wrist.

Each round, Grant will do a dice roll to determine who the bottle lands on, based on numbers that were assigned to attendees by a randomized name draw.

Whoever the bottle LANDED on in the previous round will SPIN for the following round. Ex) Grant spins the bottle and it lands on Odd. Odd spins the bottle next. If the bottle landed on you, please make sure you indicate you spin the bottle at the bottom of your post.

The Spinner and Landed on characters will have 48 hours to post their interactions, just to keep things moving. If this will not work for you for OOC reasons, please let Grant know.

Grant will make sure EVERYONE gets a turn so do not fret! (Or fret if you really want). If you have questions, DM Grant NOT the Admins.

First to Spin: Kaimana

Bottle lands on: Nephele