Court of the Fallen
spooky, scary - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: spooky, scary (/showthread.php?tid=2399)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 12-26-2019

All Loren got from Oliver was a faint sense of surprise regarding the summoner’s actions. Bemused, he sent the fox the mental equivalent of a shrug. Then, however, curious supplanted that. [say]How old were the carvings? Were they all animals you recognized?[/say] There was a methodical edge to the Launceleyn's thoughts.

As the scents and sights and sounds of Ludo's Woods washed over them, and the other man didn't get distracted, deterred, or frustrated, Loren felt a growing sense of pride for Oliver well up inside the summoner. He wasn't shy about sharing it with the other man either. [say]Excellent. I think that's enough for today. For a while, it'll be mentally taxing, but eventually you'll find it rejuvenating.[/say] There was a great deal of approval in the Launceleyn's words

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 12-26-2019

It was safe to say that Oliver didn't understand the other man's logic, not in the slightest. Still, he would indulge the man and answer every single little thing he asked to the best of his abilities. He had nothing to hide, so why not be an open book? [say]The age? I mean, they were always there. I don't remember any homes before then and as long as I remember, they've been there. All the things on them were normal things. You know, things we probably even have here. No unicorns or half duck half wolves or anything.[/say] He made up the last one because never had he even heard of a dulves. Wuck? Whatever the hell it'd be.

Time flows by quickly once he is able to mostly clear his mind. He does get a little bit distracted by some sounds, his ears twitching, but he is able to mostly ignore them. At the sound of Loren's voice, the fox's eyes reopen and he turns to look at his friend. [say]Thank you for showing me...[/say] Mentally taxing was an accurate statement. He needed to do something and he knew just the right thing.

Walking a bit ahead, Oliver tried to act like he was a big, powerful fox. His body was upright and he was strutting a bit, clearly trying to egg Loren on ever so slightly. He gave off proud emotions, teasing ones too. Hopefully, Loren would play along with his game. For now, he'd remain a bit ahead, walking ever so slightly faster.

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 12-27-2019

Once again letting Oliver finish his explanation, Loren's curiosity was unabated. [say]Were the carvings relatively fresh, or were the edges dulled with old age?[/say] Again, there was no judgment, just a questioning edge to the thoughts.

As the fox thanked the summoner, he rumbled with amusement. [say]You're very welcome. I hope it helps, and if you have any questions, or just want to practice or have me guide you again, let me know.[/say] He sent a pulse of affection towards the other man.

As Oliver ran forward, the Launceleyn stayed right where he was. He simply padded forward placidly. The meditation had calmed him immensely, and so all he did was cock his head as he stared at the fox.

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 12-27-2019

Lucky for Loren, Oliver was far from sick and annoyed by the countless questions he was being asked. It could be an explanation for why he himself asks way too many questions at times. With a tilt of his head, the fox tried to think a bit, this question being a little bit harder to actually put into words. [say]I mean, I could tell what they were? I don't think the plant parts were as detailed as they once were, yeah. It seemed kinda faded. So not too faded? But I'd say it's a bit worn down, yeah totally. It's for sure not new, there were occasional scratches and little chips taken off. Like people had been living there.[/say] He rambled a bit, clearly lost in his own thoughts, before realizing what he had been doing. Oliver really needed to work on his rambling issue, especially since Safrin specifically told him to stop rambling so much.

There is a warmess inside of Oliver, one that makes him feel happy and cared for. It feels so genuine. Like Loren actually cares, rather than just wanting to help a new kid who is completely lost. [say]I will. Hopefully I'll be able to get it down eventually, I know it'll help me out a lot.[/say] He'd need to practice as a human, most likely, and as whatever new shifts he acquired.

Trotting on forward, he expected to slightly egg Loren on, only to turn around and see....Loren was being slow as fuck and didn't want to take part in his little race. A small whine leaves Oliver and his ears push back slightly. Oh well. Instead, he waits for the badger to catch up, a bit unhappy that the two didn't get the chance to race.

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 12-27-2019

The more details Oliver revealed, the more curious Loren got. However, he made sure not to overwhelm the fox with either questions or feelings. [say]Were they painted?[/say] The summoner stepped around a bush that looked a little too thick to pass through, even for him.

Again, he sent a pulse of approval to the other man. [say]If you practice even a little bit every day, I promise you'll improve in leaps and bounds. And it'll hopefully help you get a grip on your instincts, especially as you discover new forms.[/say] The Launceleyn's thoughts were certain about that.

At the small whine from Oliver, Loren cocked his head to the side. [say]What's up?[/say] While he could sense the fox was upset, the summoner had no idea why.

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 12-28-2019

It would be a bit hard to overwhelm Oliver with those sorts of things. It all depends on what Loren asks, not really how many questions he asks. Some stuff comes naturally to Oliver while others he couldn't remember at all. The next one was odd. [say]No? I mean. They were just wood carvings. They were the color of wood.[/say] Oliver sounded confused for sure, clearly not understanding why they'd be painted in the first place. This meant that this sort of memory was strong and completely solid, that there was zero chance that the carvings were painted.

Loren was confident that Oliver would get better and that he would discover new forms. Was that even certain? What if he was the one attuned that only had one form or couldn't do any of the special stuff. [say]I'll keep practicing, though, I'm not confident I will get any new forms. I'd love some, but I'm not sure if they'll happen.[/say] He hadn't exactly done anything to be worthy of obtaining a new form. So he was clearly very unsure.

The badger was uninterested in his little games and the whine did not go unnoticed. Oliver tilted his head to the side, his hears pressing up against his head. [say]Just wanted to run a bit. Or explore. I don't know...it felt like something fun to do.[/say] He had a lot of energy, clearly, and the meditating hadn't quite extinguished that flame.

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 12-28-2019

Loren’s thoughts were still understanding as well as curious. [say]How intricately were they carved? Did it look like they’d been carved by a knife or more specialized tools?[/say] Shooting another glance at Oliver, the summoner idly wondered if these questions were helping or not.

For a long moment he was silent in the face of the fox's words. [say]So you think you're special, then? Only Attuned in all of Caido who won't get more shifts?[/say] There was a gently teasing tone in the Launceleyn's words. [say]I once thought I would never be anything but a weak mage. A bit of patience and perseverance, as well a change in attitude, and I proved myself wrong.[/say] That was conveyed much more gently and encouragingly.

At the other man's comment, amusement bubbled up within Loren. He regarded the fox with bright eyes for just a moment. Then the summoner sprang into motion, dashing past the other man.

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 12-28-2019

There is a pause as he looks down, clearly thinking a bit about this. [say]I'm....not the best when it comes to carvings, so I may not be able to answer that.[/say] It was clearly not a lack of memory that was causing this, more that he simply didn't know enough about wood carvings to be able to describe it from memory. He could remember it clearly, but that didn't mean he remembered how fancy they were. No amount of gaining his memories would give him this ability.

[say]Okay....the waves looked kinda simple, but I don't think the other parts were. Like...people clearly put time and effort into it. I don't think it was just a knife? But I could always be wrong.[/say] He sounded semi-confident with himself as he spoke. A bit unsure and sheepish that he couldn't actually describe it all that well. Oliver wasn't sure if this was helping, but it was giving him the opportunity to actually talk about his memories, rather than just letting them sit in his mind, never escaping his lips.

Oliver remained quiet as Loren spoke, his eyes watching him carefully. Loren seriously thought he wouldn't amount to anything? It was weird and almost impossible to believe. The Loren that Oliver knew was powerful in more ways than one. He had the strength to fight others and also do what he thought was right. Sometimes Oliver disagreed with him, but he couldn't deny the abundant confidence that the man sometimes displayed. [say]I hope you're right. I wanna be like you or Remi or Deimos someday. You know? Know what I'm doing. Be someone that others can go to.[/say] Oliver wanted to have a purpose here. To give Loren a reason to allow him to continue his stay in the manor.

He fully expected Loren to continue on with his slow, steady pace, but was shocked to see the badger take off. His eyes widened before he scrambled to run after him, dirt flying up under his feet as his body quickly changed directions. Now this is exactly what he wanted. Oliver was steaming with happiness and bliss. If it were possible for a fox to laugh, he'd be calling out. Simply enjoying this moment between him and Loren.

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 12-28-2019

[say]That's alright. I'm just trying to see if the details can dislodge the full memory.[/say] Loren's thought were as encouraging as they had been this whole time. When Oliver finished explaining, the summoner was quiet for a while. [say]Can you remember if the world you came from was more or less advanced than Caido?[/say] The words were curious, but hopefully not overwhelmingly so.

As the fox revealed his hope, the Launceleyn cocked his head and stared at the other man. [say]A noble goal. But why wait? You can help people now.[/say] Then however, he sighed mentally. [say]A word of caution? Something what we think is helpful is actually us imposing our wills on others. So always make sure to ask, and don't get upset when people turn you away or get mad at you for trying to help.[/say] It was a gentle warning.

The thrill from the other man drove Loren onwards. His steps picked up their pace until he was practically dashing through the woods. His own excitement at getting to stretch his legs was palpable.

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 12-30-2019

That's....actually pretty clever. Oliver isn't sure if that's how his memories have been working in the past nor if it'll work again, but he isn't opposed to trying. [say]Oh....yeah, I'm okay with trying that.[/say] He had noticed that experiences, thoughts, feelings, and objects tended to bring out memories. Like the one time he saw someone he thought was really attractive, it suddenly brought back memories of someone he was once in a relationship with. It was always super weird and out of the blue, so why not try something new. Now the next question? That's a tough one. [say]Honestly? Been thinking about it for a long time. I....I have a feeling it was more advanced, but I have no memories to prove it. I know my city was big and populous, but no clear memories of things we had that Caido doesn't.[/say] That was a big one, he just knew it.

The little fox listens to the badger's advice. He has a point. He knows that sometimes people hurt others by trying to help, so hopefully he would be able to avoid doing that by simply being aware. [say]Yeah, I get you, yeah.[/say] Oliver would simply keep a safe distance away while also doing his best to help others.

The energy between the two would only grow and off they went. Loren did get an obvious head start, but slowly Oliver was gaining on him, getting closer and closer to his opponent. They never established a finish line, but Oliver knew he wasn't going to give up until he caught up.

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 12-30-2019

At the mention of populous cities, another burst of curiosity traveled through their link. [say]What were the buildings made out of? What sorts of services did the cities offer?[/say] Turning so he could keep one eye on Oliver and one either on their path, the summoner waited patiently for the response.

As the race began in earnest, he took an early lead. However, he could hear the fox approaching, closing the gap. The Launceleyn's own blood was rising, so as he dashed forward, he kicked back with his left hind leg. It sent a clump of dirt, mud, and the detritus from the forest floor flying in the air.

And hopefully straight into the other man's path.

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 01-01-2020

The sudden burst in curiosity earned a sound that would be similar to a laugh. It was amusing to Oliver to see Loren be so curious. [say]Uh....I think they were made of a mixture of materials. You know, brick, stone, wood, uhhhh something smooth? Yeah. And you know...usual things.[/say] A hint of embarrassment could be felt between their link. Should he tell yet another person? [say]Okay....please keep this between us, but I do know some ones that might not be the usual....I would go to an alchemist about getting hair dye. Then we had the usual, ya know, bakeries, glass people, just tons of shops. I think we were a huge trade port or something.[/say] It was a lot to say, but hopefully it'd be helpful for the both of them. Maybe Loren could figure out questions to ask that Oliver hadn't thought about, things that he never considered.

Then: the race officially started and it was going great. Yeah, Loren got a headstart, but Oliver could handle it clearly. He could easily catch up, as evident by the fact that he was clearly faster than Loren. At least he was going to until Loren decided to play dirty. With debris suddenly thrown into his face, he stumbled around a bit, trying to avoid it by both stopping and running off to the side. Shaking off his head and wiping away with the side of his arm, he tried to get rid of anything that was in his face. Alright, two could play at that game.

With that, he'd take back off, this time running along the side rather than directly behind the badger, hoping that he would be able to surprise him.

RE: spooky, scary - Loren - 01-01-2020

Loren cocked his head to look at Oliver. [say]Something smooth? Like what?[/say] As the fox continued to speak, the summoner sent a pulse of agreement and acknowledgement towards the other man. [say]Don't know why you feel the need to keep that a secret, but I'll keep it between us. What type of hair dye? And what types of ships were there in the port? Did your city specialize in any particular trade or good?[/say] Again, there was a great deal of curiosity in the Launceleyn's mind.

As the race got on in earnest, Oliver's footsteps fell off. Loren risked a glance over his shoulder and spotted the fox off to one side.

So the summoner turned, and started dashing right for the other man.

RE: spooky, scary - Oliver - 01-02-2020

Okay...this time it was again, not a lack of memory, rather Oliver had absolutely no idea how the fuck buildings are made. [say]Um....I mean, there's not as many of these? Like....these buildings are old and stuff. It....maybe it's wood? But it's like, super light in color. Not dark like most materials...Uh....[/say] The little fox trailed off, clearly struggling to actually convey what they were. It was obvious that he knew of their existence, but they were never super important to him.

Loren, unlike Remi and Jigano, didn't understand how precious of a secret that was. Oliver was very particular about his hair and was almost a bit offended that Loren seemed to care very little about the secret. He didn't want everyone to know he wasn't a natural blonde, fuck no. He didn't get a fancy hairbrush for nothing! He could ignore that mistake and focus on the new set of questions. [say]Blonde. It was blonde hair dye, Loren.[/say] Okay, maybe he sounded a bit frustrated. Maybe just a wee bit. [say]I don't know a lot of that stuff. Like....that's where I'm stuck. I literally cant remember what we traded, which is fucking stupid. Why would the Voice prevent me from remembering that? Or whatever took my memories. Why that?[/say] Once again, he sounded very frustrated, far more than with the hair dye. He felt as though his memories were ripped away carelessly and without real purpose.

The running would help to soothe any anger that lingered, which was fantastic really...until someone decided to do a 180. Literally. Oliver's eyes widened once Loren started running towards him, but it didn't deter him, Instead, he continued running until he felt as though he were close enough to leap forward, attempting to pounce onto the badger.