Court of the Fallen
[PQ] we're going on a metal hunt - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [PQ] we're going on a metal hunt (/showthread.php?tid=2493)

Pages: 1 2

we're going on a metal hunt - Wessex - 01-06-2020

The Ruins would have been her first choice too, so it’s good to know that they’ve already had some success there. Figuring that it would be easiest to avoid questions at night, Wessex waits until just before midnight to hit up both Samuel and Rexanna in their respective houses, collecting them quietly with a soft knock and brief smile. She hopes the other three are on their way to fulfill their part of the mission, as it would be rather pointless to have all the metal ready without a shrine to take it to.

When they get to the Ruins, she turns to Sam.[say] “Where did you find the metal earlier and do you remember if there was more?”[/say] Rex can always make them some, but Wessex isn’t sure how much she can make, and even if she copied the Queen’s powers, she knows she wouldn’t be able to make a very big piece. Unfortunately. So perhaps a combination of creation and scavenging would be their best bet.

----------------------
This is an Ascended PQ to find and electrify metal for the Voice’s shrine in Halo. There are 2 additional spots and they’ve already been filled.

1. Sam
2. Rex

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Samuel - 01-06-2020

Sam had been having some tea to calm his nerves when the knock had sounded at his door; Nate being gone had made his home feel empty, bizarrely cold even though he knew it was the same. In some ways Wessex's arrival had almost been a comfort; at least it was another person to distract him from his lonely thoughts.

Greeting Rex and Wessex and heading out to the ruins, he couldn't help but be reminded of the last time he had been here doing this exact task, not long ago. Jigano and he had fought in a way he'd rarely fought with anyone before, and a lot of the things he'd said weighed on his heart now, even if he still believed in the Voice. Looking glum, he did not say anything until he was addressed.

[say]"I found it in the basement of one of the houses here...I think they might have been a blacksmith, once. There was some more, yes. It was..."[/say] Sam pointed in a direction a little to their left and forwards, remembering the house due to it's overgrown roof, the flowers of which could just be seen over the buildings before it, shining just a little in the moonlight. [say]"It was dark down there though, and lead to caves...it might be dangerous."[/say]

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Rexanna - 01-07-2020

All she does is wait for the day that Wessex picks to begin scouting for the metal. And soon enough, the day arrives – and she appears from her doorstep wearing dark pants and a dark cloak as well, something concealed and hidden. And with it, she follows them to the Ruins, one of the places she first met Wessex after her Ascension as she recalls. But Wessex’s question is directed to Samuel, and she lets the man speak for himself – offering a small half fanged smile awaiting the answer.

A blacksmith house? That would make sense.

“[say]The Voice upgraded my eyes, so I might be able to see some metal beneath some of the ruins or perhaps hidden within the house, as well.[/say]” She offers quietly – unsure how it would look to try and x-ray it, but she’s willing to try anything to help her small family find the pieces necessary. She begins to head in the direction Sam does, nodding to him and his caution. “[say]Do you know how stable the caves might be?[/say]”

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Wessex - 01-09-2020

Yep, a blacksmith’s house makes perfect sense. Nodding, Wessex, too, heads  towards the house in question and then turns, pleasantly surprised by Rex’s reveal. [say] "Faaaaancy."[/say] She can see through things? Very cool. Their Lady is always so generous when they go and do stupid shit and get themselves hurt. With a quick look to her companions, Wessex decides they’re all fairly strong and don’t need to be babysat, so she offers the following suggestion.[say] “Should we split up and yell if we find something? I imagine we’ll need at least three pieces around our height.”[/say] Only Rex knows the lengths of her ability - and Sam’s the one whos’s been here recently. Wessex is just the electricity if she ever gets to bite Ru in timey wimey things and maybe the muscle.
-----------------
Decide where you want to look!

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Samuel - 01-10-2020

Rexanna's upgrade sounded very useful indeed; Sam glanced over to her, wondering if she could already see the metal they needed to get, or if she had to be closer. It seemed she could not see all, as she asked him about the caves; Sam took in a hesitant breath as he considered it. [say]"No...no, not really. I didn't enter the caves. They looked to be quite big and old, so I'd assume they were safe enough, but..."[/say] All he could do was shrug.

Wessex's suggestion made him nervous (they were stronger together, always) but he could see the benefit of covering more ground. [say]"Alright. I'll go back to the spot I found some in before to see if there's any left."[/say] It felt like a good starting point, somewhere he knew there was at least some chance of success. [say]"If I can't find any I suppose I could look in the beginnings of those caves."[/say]

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Rexanna - 01-10-2020

She gives a light smile to Wessex in response to her eye upgrades. And when it comes to deciding whether they should split up, she nods to both of them in her own quiet agreement. Sam mentions he’ll go to the house he originally found some metal, and Rexanna begins to step the opposite way toward a different pair of ruins that almost seem like they could’ve been a house once upon a time too. “[say]I’ll check over here.[/say]” She offers, before turning back toward the ruins she’d found.

Once she gets there, she lifts a few pieces of rubble from the pile, using her eyes to scan for something bright like she imagines metal would be.

Rex goes to a different pile of rubble and uses her X-ray upgrade to try and find any metal!

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Wessex - 01-12-2020

So they’re in agreement, then: the three will split up.[say] “And I’ll start in the caves,”[/say] Wessex says, knowing that they can join her if their above ground pursuits are fruitless. Heading in the direction indicated by Sam, she finds the darker than dark entrance and takes a few steps in - ultimately unsure what she’s looking for, but convinced she’ll know it when she finds it. Both eyes are trained in the floor, the walls as the Wraith looks for something useful.  

------------------
Sam’s initial search will turn up nothing
Wessex’s search turns up nothing
Rex’s search finds something! Up to you what it is.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Samuel - 01-13-2020

Sam headed over to the building he had searched before, watching as Wessex went beyond and descended into the caves - hopefully she'd come out. He was sure it was just his anxious tendencies but he couldn't help but feel oddly worried by the ominous entrance. At least for the time being he could look over the dusty workshop of the long-forgotten blacksmith.

Unfortunately, there did not seem to be anything worth using left in the first room. A space where an anvil had once sat was now a half-rotted lump staining the ground and tools left around were in pieces too small to use. On his hands and knees, Sam crawled about trying to look through each nook and cranny, in every cupboard, but for the moment turned up nothing. Determined not to give up, he kept searching in every corner, behind things - surely there had to be something left.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Rexanna - 01-13-2020

Oh! There is something there. She can see it as she scans, but it’s beneath a small bit of a collapsed wall. Pouting her lips together briefly, she steps over it to the other side, pulling the rubble off and sliding it off to the side to reveal what’s hidden beneath it all. It’s a rather large sheet of metal, dented in a few places, but it’s something and she grins to herself as she works to tear it free from the place it’s been trapped.

Once she’s gotten it free, she pulls it out of the place she’s found it to set it along the pathway to grab later when she’s finished. And with that out of the way, she returns to scout out the underneath of it, the half crumbled walls to the side, running her scans again to see if she can find any more.

Rex found a sheet of metal!!! She goes to scan the pile again and see if there's more.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Wessex - 01-14-2020

Maybe Sam and Jigano already cleaned the house of the leftover metal, or maybe the dice hasn’t been rolling in his favor but the bookmaker will find nothing of use or value in the house. Shame. Wessex and Rex, on the other hand, will have more luck. After venturing around 50 feet or so into the cave, the demi-god will find three metal crowbars, left on the ground from some long-forgotten excursion. She grabs them and heads back to the lighter darkness and open arir.

Rex will also find that the house she’s chose is either actually a shed for storing metal, or just really freaking lucky, because she finds yet another something after the initial sheet.
---------------------
Sam doesn’t find anything.
Wessex finds something.
Rex finds something again! Damn, girl.

No post order.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Rexanna - 01-14-2020

Scanning and scanning, she glances around the area until finally something else catches her attention too. Another sheet, perhaps just as big, dented all the same, and she can’t help the giggle of amusement that leaves her with her luck. Gods! Regardless, she pulls the debris from this as well, pulling it out and dragging it to her other sheet, before crafting a small rope of sorts to tie it all together to drag along behind her. She goes to find the area of the rest of them before she calls out. “[say]I’ve got a couple here![/say]” It’s quiet enough to not alert other people, but loud enough she’s sure their Ascended hearing will hear her.

And then she waits to see what they’ve come up with, a bright grin crossing her face at the results of this.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Samuel - 01-15-2020

Hearing Wessex returning and Rexanna yell out that she'd found something again, Sam was beginning to feel pretty pressured to turn out some metal, so he wasn't the only one not to find any. It was clear that looking on the floor wasn't going to turn up anything, so he glanced towards the ceiling - beams held it up. Possibly, if there had once been storage up there...?

Standing atop the wobbly table, Sam slowly straightened up into the dark roof, trying not to make a face as cobwebs danced around his hair. Reaching out along the beams, he tried to feel for anything left behind; not even anything big. Just something so he wasn't so embarrassingly empty handed.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Wessex - 01-17-2020

Returning to their initial meeting spot, crowbars in hand, she hears Rex’s cry of discovery as well.[say] Want to come back, Sam? I think we’ve got enough,[/say] she sends to her brother as it becomes clear at the multiple pieces should be enough - after all, their Lady said she didn’t need all the fancy pomp and circumstance of the Old Gods.

Tossing her several rods on to the first metal sheet, she eyes the small pile dubiously.[say] “So once I electrify this… how do we transport it to Halo without shocking ourselves?”[/say] Her gaze goes from Sam to Rex, wondering if they have any idea. Can they load it on to something first, and then electrify it, or would that thing then carry the charge as well?[say] “Sam, how did you do this for your fingers?”[/say]
---------------
No post order.

RE: we're going on a metal hunt - Samuel - 01-17-2020

Sam, finally defeated and accepting he wasn't going to find anything else here (cursing this long dead blacksmith, who hadn't thought to be nice enough to leave some metal laying around in his ceiling), hopped down to go and meet Wessex. As he saw the several pieces that Wessex had he chewed at his lip, embarrassed.

At least he had knowledge about this. [say]"So...I don't think it needs to keep an active charge all the way. I electrified it, then I wrapped it in a blanket...I took it to the Voice a while after."[/say] He shrugged, then reached about in his bag for the blanket he had brought with just this in mind. [say]"We could bundle them in here, once they're electrified, then I think if we just get them out at the shrine, it should be okay?"[/say] It had worked for his fingers, after all.