Court of the Fallen
(o) never found an easy way out - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: (o) never found an easy way out (/showthread.php?tid=2715)

Pages: 1 2 3

(o) never found an easy way out - Hotaru - 02-01-2020

Hotaru hates being late to things. Parties, knowledge, however you want to interpret it. So this time she doesn't intend on waiting too long to visit the new land that has opened up. The portal itself is still a disorienting experience - the amount of magic infused in this land is staggering considering how deeply it's hated - but it's nothing that will stop her from stepping out of it into the blinding sun of an entirely new environment. The heat of the Grounds is nothing compared to hear, and before she takes in the sites she merely tips her face to the sky, eyes closed and soaking in the sun above.

And then, of course, more important things need to be done.

Her loose linen shirt flutters against her skin as a slow breeze crawls across the sand. There is a wide swathe of ocean that reminds her of the desert in Helovia, and likely just as warm. A blessing considering how badly she wants to dive into it at the first given opportunity. Glancing around, she shrugs to herself and goes jogging towards it, water kicking up along her shins the deeper she gets before diving straight into an incoming wave without a care in the world.

RE: (o) never found an easy way out - Loren - 02-01-2020

Loren had been spending a bit too much time in Torchline, but honestly, he preferred it to Halo. Spinning some story about searching for new medicines had been simple enough, but rather than exploring like he once might’ve, he was mostly lazing about. Today, he was seated by the water's edge, letting it lap over his bare feet, his sandals laying in the sand next to him.

Although Astra had come with, she'd grown bored and trotted off to explore somewhere. However, when Hotaru came running past, the healer tracked the woman with an almost blank expression. Before he could say anything to her, however, she was diving into the water without a care in the world. Idly, he parted the wave for her with his magic to make whatever it was she was doing a little easier. [say]"You seem to know what you're doing out there."[/say] His call was rather inflectionless and emotionless.

RE: (o) never found an easy way out - Hotaru - 02-05-2020

The water parts for her as she arcs in a dive towards it, and as she plunges beneath it's with a bubble of curiosity and childlike glee in her breast. When she surfaces she strokes through the water a few times before pressing her toes down into the silt below, just enough to stand on as a voice calls out to her from the beach. Hotaru turns her gaze towards the seated figure, recalling seeing him but not having cared enough to take stock of his appearance. It's therefore a bit of a surprise to recognize him at all.

Lifting a hand she waves it from the ocean, walking a little closer until the water is merely lapping at her knees instead of knocking in waves against her back. [say]"A little rusty, but I've still got it in me."[/say] It's delivered with a quirk of a smile, his lack of emotion far from off-putting. Eyes roving over his supine pose in the sand, she quirks a brow his way. [say]"Care to join me or are you hoping to get a tan to try and hide those dark circles?"[/say]

RE: (o) never found an easy way out - Loren - 02-05-2020

Smirking just a little at Hotaru's response, Loren openly let his gaze sweep over her from head to the toes that were hidden in the water. It was a nice view, especially considering the way her wet shirt clung to her. [say]"Clearly."[/say] Having succumbed to the inevitable a while ago, the healer had stripped off his shirt as well, so he was dressed only in a pair of shorts. Slipping a flask out of a pocket, he took a generous drink from it.

At her teasing comment (and the burn of alcohol down his throat), more life bled back into him. Letting out a huff of laughter, he leaned forward. [say]"But I worked so hard on these. Why would I try to hide them?"[/say] Sliding his arms around his slightly bent knees, he tilted his head. [say]"A very tempting offer. However, I'm afraid I'm a very poor swimmer. Never really learned growing up."[/say] He shrugged, not at all bothered by the admission.

The sweep of eyes is as familiar to her as her own heartbeat, and her lips curl in a smirk as she blatantly does the same. Enjoying the masculine form laid out before her like a feast for her eyes. As he lifts a flask to his lips she walks further out of the water, idly pulling her hair over her shoulder to wring it out, water dripping down her forearms. [say]"Don't tempt a girl with a cold drink on a hot day darling,"[/say] she teases playfully. She may not be a big drinker but getting day drunk on the beach sounds like a fantastic time. Loren certainly knows how to spend his days.

[say]"They certainly give you a certain 'could keel over any moment' look, quite devilish. Does that work for you?"[/say] Hotaru doubts he has any trouble reeling in willing partners, eye bags or not. His admission is unexpected, but not unheard of. [say]"That's a shame in a place like this. I could teach you if you'd like? You've certainly got a handy escape with your magic in a pinch, but it's good fun too."[/say] And if his magic ever failed for some reason, he would at least know how to swim his way out of trouble. Or maybe just join her in the water for some aquatic nonsense.

Not at all minding the attention, Loren watched Hotaru as she emerged from the water. [say]”I wasn’t aware I was such a temptress.”[/say] There was dry humor in the words, though they were playful enough. Still, he held out the flask to her. If she took it, she’d discover it was rum.

The smirk returned for real, lurking on his lips. [say]"I definitely get a lot of attention because of them. Some unwelcome, some very welcome."[/say] Taking the flask back from her (or not, as the case may be), he'd take a swig. [say]"I don't know, you tell me. Does sleep deprived do it for you?"[/say] His tone was as teasing as hers.

[say]"So they say. And excellent exercise too."[/say] There was obviously a hint of suggestiveness in the words, and he flashed her a brief grin. [say]"Like I said before. It's a very tempting offer."[/say]

[say]"Then you're quite blind to your own traits,"[/say] she teases back as her hands pluck the flask from his offered palm, enjoying the warm burn of rum across her tongue and down her throat before she hands it back to him. Not good to be too greedy of course, or at least not just yet.

Despite the exhaustion in the lines of his face he is still quite a handsome man, and she hums contemplatively at his words even as her lips betray her by twitching into a smile at the edges. [say]"I think I could be swayed. Though I'd love to see how much worse we can make them with another night of no sleep, I'm sure we could get creative."[/say] Heterochromatic eyes flash as she smirks, throwing out the phrase with a boldness that either hits or misses. Go big or go home.

Stepping back towards the water she grins at him, deftly undoing her shorts and linen top and revealing the bikini she'd made beneath, tossing the garments away and gesturing towards the water. [say]"An offer on a timeline. What do you say?"[/say] He's safe in her hands if he wants to learn to swim, but she's not going to be sappy and say it outright. She has an image to uphold.

Grinning at Hotaru’s comment, Loren let her drink as much as she wished. [say]"Or maybe it's all just part of my charm."[/say] As she finished with the flask, he plucked it back from her, taking a sip himself as he did.

As she smile, his grin turned into a smirk. [say]”Like I said, I worked hard for these.”[/say] Then he considered her once more, eyes merrily wolfish. [say]”But I suppose I could get creative instead.[/say] It came out in a suggestive whisper, more than willing to play along with her and reward her boldness.

When she stepped back and stripped, he hummed approvingly. Standing up, he stripped off his shorts in a swift motion, leaving him just in his underwear. [say]"I say that I'd be a fool to pass up such an appealing offer."[/say] With that, he tossed back the rest of the flask. Only then did he start walking towards her, and the water.

RE: (o) never found an easy way out - Hotaru - 02-07-2020

Her tongue smooths over her lip, chasing away any remains of liquor as she smirks coquettishly. [say]"Charm? I'm not sure I'd go so far as that, you'll have to try a little harder."[/say] Though his tongue is quick-witted and amusing, what other uses does it have? Hotaru is no surface skimmer, she wants the meat and bones of his flirtations and delivery on his flirtations. Charm would come in the wake of acting on his words.

[say]"Work smarter handsome, not harder,"[/say] she counters as she backs away towards the water. As he stands she grins, this same song and dance so familiar to her and yet never failing to make her blood sing. Only heating all the more as he strips away his layers, and the woman boldly stares at every revealed inch, every clinging curve of fabric that she wishes she could vanish with a thought. Patience is a virtue, but she has never been very virtuous.

The water licks against her ankles as she walks backwards into it, the chill doing nothing to ease the heat of the day or the fire in her belly. [say]"Good thing you're no fool then."[/say] Part of her wants to say fuck it to teaching him to swim, would prefer to shove him into the shallow water and malleable sand and see how much fun they could have on land. But alas, here they are.

RE: (o) never found an easy way out - Loren - 02-07-2020

Smirking at Hotaru's comment, Loren let out a huff of laughter. [say]"Well then. I suppose we'll just have to find out how far we'll both go."[/say] It was clear from his tone that he was more than willing to follow her where she might lead.

His smirk graduated to a full blown grin, though it was no less mischievous, playful, or flirtatious. [say]"Ah, but now you're changing your tune. Just before you said harder, before that you said creative, and now you say smarter."[/say] He clicked his tongue at her. Then he chuckled, and dropped his voice to a whisper. [say]"I guess I can do all three. Good thing I don't mind making a little music."[/say] He winked lazily at her.

Following her as she continued walking into the surf, it wasn't long before he was wading into it himself. It was actually pleasantly warm to him, considering he was used to Halo temperatures. [say]"Mmmm. I agree. In fact, I think you'll find I'm a quick study."[/say] There was something wicked about the words, or maybe it was the way his gaze swept over her again.

[say]"Limits are for less interesting people,"[/say] she purrs, eyes dark and inviting. Why would he ever want to stop, after all? He catches her in her web of words soon after, and her laughter is bright and amused. [say]"You got me there, I guess it's up to you to meet all three. Gonna serenade me?"[/say] His implication of music makes her tilt her head in a feigned display of girlish shyness, only betrayed by the heat of her eyes and the curl of her lips.

[say]"Then lets start,"[/say] she teases as they get deep enough into the water (though admittedly that happens much, much faster for her considering their height difference) to actually try some teaching. [say]"How good are you on your back sweet thing?"[/say] Grin turns predatory as she asks it, stepping close enough to flit her hands over his chest if he'll allow it. [say]"First lesson: floating."[/say]

Loren raised his eyebrows. [say]”Gotta go all the way?”[/say] There was a wry amusement, in the question, as well as a teasing challenge.

As she asked him what he was planning to do, he leaned forward and dropped his voice to a whisper. [say]"Don't worry. I can help us both hit some high notes."[/say] Unlike her, his tone and demeanor weren't shy in the slightest.

Then came the purported lesson. Heading past her, he eventually turned so that his back was to the ocean. As her hands came up to his chest, he smirked. [say]"Only one way to find out."[/say] He spread his arms, and tilted his head to one side, for now just waiting to see what she did next. However, he couldn't resist one last quip. [say]"First of many, I hope."[/say]

Whatever challenge he poses is met with the flint of her gaze and her answering smirk. [say]"I wouldn't settle for less."[/say] How he chooses to read into that is up to him, but Hotaru likes to play for the jackpot. Why settle for the consolation prize?

He invades her space as his voice drops low, and she tilts her head up as if to better hear him, damp hair falling away from her clavicle as she smirks at him. [say]"Worry? Hmm...no, I'm not worried. Let's go with excited."[/say] The final word is breathy and humming, almost a noise she would make between the sheets instead of standing on sand and surf. If he promises to make her sing, she'll give him a show worth watching.

Loren's teasing makes her roll her eyes fondly, pushing at his chest as if to send him backwards into the waves herself. [say]"Repeat performances are my specialty,"[/say] she flings back even as her hands smooth over his skin, readjusting to beneath his back as he hopefully sinks down to begin floating. [say]"Deep, slow breaths. The air in your lungs will buoy you. But don't worry, you're in safe hands."[/say] Ones that certainly aren't going to stop touching his skin if she can help it. [say]"Tighten your core..."[/say] on hand leaves his back to trail to his abdomen, and her fingertips dance playfully where they land, [say]"...and make small circular motions with your hands."[/say]

Letting out a huff of laughter at Hotaru’s firm response, Loren just smirked. He made a pleased hum at the word excited, and at the sound she made. By then, they were in the water, though, and he figured he should focus a little bit on not making a fool of himself during the lesson.

When she pushed him, he made a show of windmilling his arms a bit, expression playful. However, that didn’t stop him from leaning back until he splashed into the water. [say]"Well I know there's only one way to test that."[/say]

Following her instructions, he took a deep breath, he flexed his abs, and moved his hands in small arcs. Grinning he tilted his head a little towards her. [say]"And if I want hands that are something other than safe?"[/say] Luckily, he hadn't stripped off his underwear, or else she'd see exactly how he was responding to her touch.

Or maybe it was unlucky, if the way her hands roamed was any indication. Still, the slightly eager tone to his words and the growing hunger in his eyes should be enough to encourage her to keep going.