Court of the Fallen
blood on the land - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: blood on the land (/showthread.php?tid=2729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-04-2020

The sandbar was an interesting piece of land, once the tide swept away. Colorful coral and seaglass, shaped in what looked like small cathedrals, the briefest hum of a melody from the back of his mind while the wind swept through, lapping waves against the sand. It was peaceful, in a way, away from everything and everyone. The sun was beginning to set, sinking low in the sky but still vibrant against the world around him, and he’s half tempted to remain in his macaw form, to fly along overhead and see how far it goes.

But no, the man’s too attached to the ocean, to the salt that sticks to his skin with every battering breeze, and so he remains along the sandbar in nothing more than a pair of pants. Shoes and shirt hoarded by Haai on the edge of where he’d started, focusing on the hymn from around him as well as the departing sun.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-04-2020

The sand bar was an interesting piece of land, and Loren was quite interested in exploring it. He was shirtless, having finally succumbed to the inevitable. Although his skin obviously burned easily (and indeed was already a bit red), he knew he could heal any bad that was too bad.

He was making his way towards the weird structure at the end of the sand bar, Astra following in the footsteps left behind by his bare feet. That was literally true: she made a game of jumping from one to the next as his long legs ate up the distance. A pair of sandals dangled carelessly from one hand. It was beautiful, with the setting sun, but he didn't look happy. Instead, he pulled out one of the flasks he'd taken to carrying and took a swig.

Of course, a familiar swooping form and another familiar tall figure soon resolved themselves. The healer's steps slowed briefly as he spotted Sunjata. Then the Launceleyn picked up the pace. [say]"Sunjata. Fancy seeing you here."[/say] There was no apology in Loren's voice. If anything, he sounded almost annoyed to see the bartender here of all places.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-04-2020

Oh, he hadn’t seen Loren when he’d landed. Nor had he particularly been looking for the summoner as of late. His gaze is too focused on the ever waning sun, the waves flowing out with the tide and the cresting of the white foam of it left behind. Though, hearing his name has him turning halfway toward Loren with a quiet raised brow, still a fair distance away. And when he spots the summoner, he sighs.

Loren was the one annoyed? Amusing. “[say]Loren.[/say]” He offers, a dip of his head in greeting before focusing on the water again but keeping an eye on the summoner out of his peripherals. “[say]Surprised you’re still here and not in Halo.[/say]” He’d likely been hoping the man was in Halo, all things considered. More beach for him in the end.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-04-2020

Loren ignored Sunjata's own less than enthusiastic greeting. Instead, the healer just continued to head towards the structure in the distance. Astra looked between the two men, then trotted up to the bartender. She, at least, was willing to give him a friendly nuzzle, careful to keep her antlers out of the way.

At the other man's words, however, the Launceleyn halted. Turning to face Sunjata, Loren raised his eyebrows. [say]"Can't say I'm surprised to see you here, if we're being honest."[/say] The words weren't as challenging as the last time they'd spoken, but obviously they were less than friendly. Taking another swig from his flask, he resumed his stalk towards the cathedral.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-04-2020

He’s surprised when the Luxere approaches, but he dips down regardless of whatever feelings he holds for the summoner, to scratch the Luxere between the ears. Haai, having no qualms with either, realizes that a friend is nearby and conveniently abandons his things to dart toward the trio, aiming to land with skidding sand before the Luxere, tongue hanging out and panting in greeting, a yip of hello given toward Astra.

Meanwhile, Sunjata stands back up, looks back to Loren with a somewhat wry smile. “[say]Of course you’re not surprised. This was the place I’ve been waiting for.[/say]” Comes out a bit drily, a roll of tattooed shoulders against the dying sun, soaking in the remaining warmth of the sand at his feet. “[say]Why are you here, anyway? Don’t you have better things to do?[/say]”

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-05-2020

Astra obviously enjoyed the attention from Sunjata. However, she went positively insane with happiness as Haai swooped down, bleating excitedly. The luxere trotted over to the griffin, then plopped into the sand to continue bleating almost as if they were communicating.

However, Loren was also obviously not as happy as his companion. Raising his eyebrows at the bartender's question, the healer took a swig from his flask. [say]"Don't you? Also, I wasn't aware that I had to justify my actions to you."[/say] The words came out sharp and cutting.

Putting his hands on his hips, the smirked. [say]"But alright. I'll tell you. I'm here to explore Halo on behalf of both the Loreseekers and Halo, and to see if there are any medicines to be discovered here."[/say] Tilting his head, he stared at the other man. [say]"My turn. This isn't a bar. So why are you here?"[/say] It was clearly another challenge.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-05-2020

“[say]No justifying necessary. Curiosity, that’s all.[/say]” A shrug, not caring one way or the other why the summoner was here, simply wondering why he stayed. But he listens to Loren with a slight tilt of his head at the stance, before snorting. “[say]Are you a bit too drunk? Here to explore Halo…[/say]” He makes a show of looking around to the waves and the dying sunlight, the fact they’re both shirtless and shoeless on the sands. “[say]Yet there’s no snow in sight?[/say]” A raise of his brow, a smirk in return.

“[say]Believe it or not, I may actually have more of a preference for the ocean than the inside of a bar.[/say]” An avian tilt of his head. “[say]Seems you brought them both though. Couldn’t enjoy it on its own?[/say]” He gestures with his head toward the flask in the summoners hand.

Snorting at Sunjata's response, Loren just turned to start heading down the sand bar again. However, the bartender's accusation had the healer glancing over his shoulder even if the narrator is definitely too drunk to edit properly. [say]"Ah yes, because as a drunkard yourself you think every slip of the tongue must be due to alcohol."[/say] His voice was equal parts derisive and dismissive, though he toasted to let the other man know he'd scored a point.

When Sunjata revealed he preferred the ocean to a bar, Loren smirked. [say]"Why don't you move here, then?"[/say] Shaking the flask in the air before taking another drink, the smirk deepened. [say]”I would share, but I know that’s not your style.”[/say] The words dripped with pure sarcasm.

He’s surprised when a bark of laughter leaves his chest at the toast from the summoner, shaking his head to Loren with a smirk. “[say]I’m perfectly sober right now, actually.[/say]” And he was, hadn’t drank in a while – too busy enjoying the sandy beaches of Torchline to find the time to. But the idea of moving here was one that he toyed with, on more than one occasion to be honest.

He wants to tell Loren just that, until the summoner mentions sharing, and his steel gaze slips from the waters toward the summoner with a dark raised brow. “[say]What does that mean?[/say]” Wondering what exactly Loren was getting at with any of what he was saying, or if it was all just talking for the sake of talking.

Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren mockingly toasted to Sunjata's sobriety. [say]"Right now."[/say] The healer tossed back the rest of the contents of the flask, then shut it and slid it into a pocket.

At the bartender's question, the Launceleyn raised an eyebrow right back. Then he smirked, and crossed his arms. [say]"Just that I think you're selfish."[/say] The words flew out without any particular venom behind them. However, they were fully intended to wound.

Astra, sensing the growing tension in Loren, glanced at him and let out an anxious bleat. Knowing better than to try and coax him out of one of these moods, she rose to her feet. Trotting a good distance down the sandbar, she turned to watch him with worried eyes.

There’s a slight dip of his head given toward Loren at the comment. Yes, right now, because it seems as though Loren had taken up the drinking binges that Sunjata was used to as of late. Still, he watches as Loren puts the flask away, watches as he smirks and crosses his arm, and tells him he’s selfish? A bark of laughter leaves his throat, the words not hurting as though they may have intended to.

“[say]Oh good, not a martyr anymore?[/say]” He asks, nearing Loren a small amount, a smirk crossing his face. “[say]Just… A selfish bar owner that doesn’t know what he wants?[/say]” An avian tilt of his head, referencing their earlier conversations. “[say]I think you have a tendency of sticking your nose into places it doesn’t belong and getting upset when people don’t thank you for it.[/say]” Haai at this point has followed the Luxere away from the two on the sandbar, guiding her friend toward a bit safer sands.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-06-2020

Loren snorted at Sunjata’s response. As the bartender approached, the healer smirked right back at the other man. [say]”Two things can be true.”[/say] There was a taunting edge to the words, which was about par for the course for them these days. The Launceleyn tilted his head slightly to one side. [say]"You can be a selfish asshole who paints himself as a martyr."[/say] The words practically dripped with scorn.

Leaning forward, he raised his eyebrows. [say]"Not looking for thanks. Just tired of your bullshit, and not willing to coddle you. Just because everyone else is enamored with you doesn't mean I am."[/say] His voice was positively icy, and he lowered his arms to his side.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-06-2020

A raise of his brow is given to Loren at the mention of asshole martyr’s, and a cold smile crosses his face. “[say]Thanks for the update.[/say]” Tone is flat, as though he doesn’t care – though it wasn’t ever his intention to be perceived as such, wondering where the lines were drawn and how Sunjata could prove him wrong. Perhaps that was just part of it, in the end.

Still, he notices Loren lean forward, and Sunjata snorts to the comment next. “[say]My bullshit? And what is it exactly you’re doing, Loren?[/say]” A nod of his head toward the empty flask in the mans pocket. “[say]I’m not sure where you’re getting your information of coddling and everyone being enamored with me. So are you just talking out your ass?[/say]” Or jealous? A part of him wants to say, but he refrains, still barely within the summoner’s space, his gaze narrows. “[say]Or are you just looking for a fight?[/say]”

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-06-2020

Smirking, Loren tilted his head to the side, staring directly into Sunjata's eyes. [say]”Living.”[/say] There was a darkly amused tone to the healer's voice.

Letting out a huff of laughter, he shrugged. [say]”You’re a spy. Supposedly. I’m sure you can figure it out.”[/say] The challenge in the statement was evident.

His smirk progressed to a full on grin, one that was entirely wicked. [say]”Wouldn’t be much of a fight.”[/say] Voice equal parts taunting and teasing, he pulled out a second flask and tossed the entire contents into his mouth before tucking back it into his pocket. [say]”Besides, you’ll probably just chicken out again.”[/say] Raising his eyebrows, he watched the bartender, eyes glittering.