Court of the Fallen
blood on the land - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: blood on the land (/showthread.php?tid=2729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-09-2020

A huff of a sigh of frustration at Loren’s snarling. [say]I punched you with my fist, with nothing else. I figured that was ground rules enough.[/say] Evidently it wasn’t, and they were far past that point now. But the dragon’s squeezing him now, and he growls against the feeling of being trapped again, hissing in pain as his side continues to bleed.

“[say]Believe it or not, I do other things than that, thanks.[/say]” A hissing sound as the dragon disappears and the waters return, and Sunjata surges up, leaning over the sand to cough up a bit more blood. He can feel the magic as Loren reaches out toward him, knitting the flesh together to where there’s only the fresh pink scars that remain, but he remains on the ground trying to catch his bearings, trying to push more blood through his mind from where he’d already lost so much.

He looks up to see Loren ball his fists up and Sunjata offers a dark laugh to that. “[say]Next time. Once we’re at our best.[/say]” A sharp look to his gaze as he stares the summoner down, gaze narrowing slightly on the summoner. “[say]Maybe when you’re not drunk, or we both are. Deal?[/say]” Something eases within him at this, perhaps the feeling from the summoner after all, but gods he’s still pissed about it, still ridiculously tired too.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-09-2020

[say]"The fuck would you think that?"[/say] Loren's confusion and incredulity were clear, and the healer continued to stare at the bartender. [say]"And I'll believe it when I see it."[/say] Smirking a bit, the Launceleyn crossed his arms, happy to celebrate any victory over the other man, even one gotten through less than savory means.

Seeing as Sunjata didn’t seem to be in great shape, Loren sent another bolt of healing magic towards the bartender, this one dealing with the blood loss, and just that. Then the Launceleyn lowered his hands. [say]"Fine. Deal."[/say] Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out one of the several flasks of rum he carried on his body, and tossed it at the other man.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-09-2020

A snort is given toward Loren at the initial comment. “[say]Because you punched a bookshelf in the Temple. And also because I was Accepted back home, so that’s what we did.[/say]” Fists, nothing else, because there weren’t anything else other than fists and knives and guns. But he huffs as Loren crosses his arms, rolling his eyes as he settles in the sand, rubbing away a bit of the blood from his lips before laying back into the sand.

The deal, however, was made – another bolt of healing sent toward him to alleviate the dizziness, and all he does for the moment is cover his eyes with his hands, rubbing at his temples. But he feels something land in the sand beside him, and he peeks through his fingers half splayed across his face to spot the flask. He’s half tempted to ask what’s in it, but he sits up once more and picks it up, unscrewing the cap from it to whiff it. “[say]Choice of drink to get drunk is rum?[/say]” He asks somewhat halfheartedly, side eyeing Loren before taking a deep swig of it.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-09-2020

Loren continued to stare down at Sunjata. [say]”So what?"[/say] Unsurprisingly, the healer's confusion was genuine, though he'd lost the aggressive and challenging edge to his voice.

However, he smirked at the bartender. [say]"Not really sure how to tell you this, but you're not back home."[/say] There was something darkly amused about the words.

Settling down into the sand next to the other man, the Launceleyn pulled out another of the several flasks he had on him. [say]"Choice of drink is whatever happens to be available."[/say] He waved the flask in the air vaguely. [say]"In Torchline, that happens to be rum."[/say] Tilting his head to one side, he grinned. [say]"Unless you have a suggestion for something better."[/say] Loren raised eyebrows almost expectantly.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-10-2020

There’s another roll of his eyes toward Loren with the slight annoyance granted from why it mattered. Let alone the fact that he’s not back home, which is fine and all – except Loren had been born with magic in his veins, Sunjata? He was still new at this entire Attuned business. He’d only attuned last early Deepfrost… It hasn’t even been a year yet among the many that he’d had just as himself, without anything else, anything extra.

But the point feels mute now.

He takes the flask, takes the swig, shrugging lightly at Loren’s response. It’s a fair point, and he leans back on an elbow to look over at Loren with a slight smirk. “[say]I’ve always been a whiskey guy.[/say]” A small shrug to that. “[say]We’d box and drink a shit load of whiskey to feel the punches less.[/say]” He hums with a quiet chuckle, taking another swig. “[say]Made ya bleed more though, which I'm sure you know.[/say]” His steel gaze flits over toward Loren.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-10-2020

Taking a swig himself, Loren flopped back into the sand. [say]"I've generally tried to avoid alcohol entirely."[/say] He let out a huff of laughter and shot Sunjata a darkly amused look. [say]"What's so much better about whisky, though?"[/say]

At the comment about feeling less pain, the healer smirked. [say]"Yes, well, it certainly takes the edge off."[/say] Lifting his head slightly off the ground, he raised his flask in a toast, then took a long pull.

Lowering his head again, he felt Astra getting close. Patting the sand next to him, she settled in the spot next to him, peering at him with concerned eyes. He ignored them, and just pulled her in tight to his side. [say]"Yeah, I've noticed."[/say] He turned his head to look at the other man. [say]"What's so great about fighting just with fists anyway?"[/say]

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-10-2020

“[say]Rum is.. Well, it’s made with sugar or molasses.[/say]” He hums, lips pursing briefly as he considers it. “[say]Whiskey’s made from grain, less sweet, somewhat spicy. Though it depends on what barrels they age them in.[/say]” See, he’s a bar owner that knows somewhat about his product. “[say]I’ve got a nice barrel of it at the VlamVloed, perhaps I’ll let you try it out for yourself if you don’t drop another dragon on me.[/say]” A crooked smirk is sent back toward Loren with a wink, raising the flask in a toast.

But with Astra gone, Haai returns as well, laying by Sunjata’s head to where he can use her as a pillow of sorts – and he does, among the sand and the crashing waves around the two men. As Loren looks over to him, Sunjata turns his head to look back at the summoner. “[say]Feels more personal.[/say]” He shrugs and Haai flutters her wings to that. “[say]Plus I’d rather break a finger than have my side gashed up like that.[/say]” A quiet chuckle to that. “[say]Thanks, by the way.[/say]”

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-10-2020

Shrugging, Loren just kept drinking from the flask. [say]"I'm not exactly drinking it for the taste."[/say] His tone was equal parts darkly amused and a little sad.

As Sunjata mentioned he'd be willing to let the healer drink some whiskey, he let out a huff of laughter. [say]”I won’t drop another dragon on you.”[/say] Then he shot the bartender a smirk. [say]"Unless you're doing something particularly stupid."[/say]

Shrugging, the Launcelyn stroked Astra absentmindedly. [say]”Like I said. The magic, the shifts, they’re as much a part of us as our fists.”[/say] When the other man complained about the gashes, Loren just grinned a bit triumphantly. [say]”You’re welcome.”[/say] Turning his head to the side, he checked Sunjata for lingering damage. [say]"I can heal you further. And get rid of the scars."[/say] It was totally up to the bartender though.

RE: blood on the land - Sunjata - 02-11-2020

A snort and a shrug is given within the sand. “[say]The taste is almost the best part.[/say]” He hums thoughtfully, before taking another sip of the flask and staring at the waves that begin to crash against the sandbar. There’s a halfhearted smirk that crosses his face at the mention of dragons, however, and he shakes his head. “[say]What else particularly stupid could that be I wonder.[/say]” A rhetorical question, a shake of his head.

But the comment of the magic and shifts being a part of them as much as their fists, well… It still didn’t quite feel that way to Sunjata. But he was still new at it, still getting used to the ideas that he could change and adjust himself. “[say]I went twenty six years as no shifts, no nothing.[/say]” He muses, glancing over to Loren with a quiet laugh. “[say]It’s taking some getting used to since I attuned.[/say]” And it had been, other arsenal to take into consideration.

The mention of healing and thanks is granted a raise of the flask while Loren inspected him. “[say]The scars are fine, doesn’t hurt anymore.[/say]” He shrugs. “[say]Though Maea’s probably going to kill me for it.[/say]” He looks back out over the waves, feeling the buzz of the alcohol flicker through his system.

RE: blood on the land - Loren - 02-11-2020

Smirking, Loren shot Sunjata an appraising look. [say]"Dare I ask what the best part is? Besides the getting drunk?"[/say] Letting out a huff of laughter at the bartender's next comment, the healer shook his head. [say]"Too easy."[/say] He took another quick sip.

[say]"Then you should train until it's instinctive."[/say] The response was immediate and unhesitating. Staring up at the sky, the Launceleyn shrugged. [say]"It's a gift from the gods. Seems a shame to squander it."[/say]

Nodding at the other man's words, Loren pointed a finger at Sunjata. [say]"So long as she blames you and not me, we'll be fine."[/say] Then the healer grinned. [say]"Thanks for that, by the way."[/say] Despite the slightly accusing words, there was no anger in his mind.

Sunjata offers a surprisingly bright laugh to the summoner’s comment. “[say]The getting drunk part is the best part.[/say]” He concedes, smirking with a shake of his head. But his rhetorical question is met with a shake of Loren’s head, and Sunjata chuckles a small amount more. The mention of training, however, has him settling back in the sands against Haai as she flutters her wings and rolls to her side, while Sunjata reaches up with his free hand to scratch behind her ear. “[say]I should. I’ve been training with people of other races lately though so it makes it difficult being unable to talk to them in the form.[/say]” A shrug to that.

But the mention of Maea is met with a pointed finger to him and Sunjata snorts, tilting his head to look at the summoner. “[say]Well, seeing as I started the fight, the blame is mine.[/say]” He shrugs for a second before the second comment hits him and he tilts his head to that. “[say]What do you mean?[/say]” He senses no anger in the words, but he also doesn’t understand where it’s coming from.

Toasting to Sunjata's claim, Loren tossed back the rest of the flask. Slipping it into his pocket, he rested his fingers on his chest. [say]"Well. I already promised you a next time, so if you need an attuned sparring partner, let me know."[/say] Indeed, there was an eagerness to the offer that belied just how much he enjoyed testing himself.

[say]"I agree."[/say] The tone was darkly amused, and very much teasing. However, as the bartender expressed confused, the healer turned and propped himself up on one elbow. [say]"Oh nothing. Just that she came to me all mad about how I'd lied to her just because I failed to mention our kiss."[/say]

There’s a moment of consideration, a deep swig of the drink as he debates whether or not to do an entirely attuned training with the summoner. And likely, it would be his best shot to see the limits of the forms when he wasn’t hunting and the like. So he nods to that, shooting a grin toward Loren at that. “[say]Sure. It’s a deal.[/say]” He winks, sinking back along Haai’s warm fur.

Until Loren props himself up on an elbow and looks over to him and Sunjata’s gaze shifts toward the other man again, a quiet chuckle leaving him. “[say]Was this before or after the festival for LongHeat?[/say]” Was it before they had become a thing or was it before they had decided to be anything at all? His money’s on the prior, but he waits to see what the man says.

As Sunjata agreed to test the limits of their Attuned forms, Loren smirked, but nodded. [say]"Great. Looking forward to it."[/say] Again, there was probably just a hair too much enthusiasm in his words.

Pulling out another flask, he took a quick sip. However, the bartender's question caused the healer to frown. Raising his eyebrows, he stared at the other man for a moment, trying to figure out where the question came from. Then Loren flopped back to the ground.[say]"The kiss or the conversation?"[/say]

Grinning a bit sardonically, he shrugged. [say]"After. Why does it matter, though?"[/say] He tilted his head to one side, legitimately a bit confused by the question.