Court of the Fallen
the sea, it calls to me - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: the sea, it calls to me (/showthread.php?tid=2742)

the sea, it calls to me - Delphia - 02-05-2020

Despite being a native of the Greatwood, Delphia had actually grown up along the ocean. The waters there were cold and tumultuous, making their way south from Halo. Still she missed it, the salty air, the cool breeze and the sound of waves crashing upon rocks as she drifted off to sleep. And so, when she heard that a portal to Torchline had opened...she could not help but wish to see the waters there.

And she was not disappointed.

As the sun set, beautiful arcs of light scattered across the waves. The salty breeze tousled her already messy locks, shoes held in her hands so her toes might sink into the warm sand. The very edges of the waves ran over her ankles as she stood still, silvery, haunted gaze taking in the beauty of the place. Vi too had once looked out upon this same ocean, and surely had been inspired to create so many glorious things. And surely Rae gazed upon the same waters and saw the most beautiful mixing bowl of elements, prime for experimentation. And Mort...she was certain he gazed upon it all and relished the tide, the push and pull, perfect balance and harmony; the arcs of light bright golden and splendourous like his love for Vi.

But it seemed she was not alone on the beach, eager to take in the beauty of it all. Steely eyes turned, prompted by the ever constant whispers, locking on to another woman strolling down the beach.

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Eloise - 02-07-2020

Strolling without a care in the world, Eloise held out a white bit of cloth between her fingers, letting the breeze dance and play with it. Barefoot and wearing mere scraps of fabric over her body (likely bits of sail from the Ark), the illusionist walked on the soft sand where the waves crashed over and over again.

You'd think spending most of her time out at sea that Eloise would be in town; anywhere away from the ocean. But that wasn't the case. Instead she breathed in the salty air as if she might never again, relishing the feeling of wet sand caving only slightly beneath her as she strolled along.

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Delphia - 02-10-2020

Had Delphia not known better, she might've mistaken the woman for a sea sprite, or some other lesser goddess, clad in sail fabric and barefoot as she was. She was beautiful enough to be one, the Seer thought. Her hair tousled in the salty sea breeze, looking without a care in the world, picturesque in the fading light of day. The woman was so perfectly in her element amongst the waves and sand and sky cascading in orange and red. So perfect, in fact, her breath caught, haunted gaze fixated on her at a distance. A soul, who so knew herself, and walked the land and sea without a care, content and at peace. Coming closer and closer and...well her own feet were what compelled her goddess-like visage ever nearer.

[say]"Forgive me... but surely you are of the divine? No mortal has ever looked so at one with Vi and Rae's creation."[/say] she said softly, a brilliant smile curving her lips. Of course, Delphia doubted it, children of gods were rare after all. But she ought know the awe her striking beauty amongst the landscape had cast in her, so that her soul might sour on wings of pride and joy.

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Eloise - 02-12-2020

Turning towards the sound of a voice, Eloise raises a hand to shield her eyes against the light. The girl speaking to her is tall and thin, with a shock of dark unkempt hair and sea-brilliant eyes. Instantly Eloise flashes her a Cheshire-cat like smile.

[say]'Well I'm from another world, if that counts."[/say] She calls out, voice carrying easily on the breeze; then again being a navigator amongst a hoard of men, she's learned how to make her voice carry. [say]"Were we in a bar I'd say you were trying to get somewhere with a line like that."[/say] She added with a chuckle. [say]"I'm Eloise."[/say]

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Delphia - 02-15-2020

Delphia almost smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling though her lips remained relaxed and neutral. Even her voice fits against the landscape; loud enough to rise above the waves yet melodious in its boldness. A light laugh escaped her lips as she shook her head. [say]"I am afraid not, as serendipitous as it might seem for you to arrive in such a place as befitting to your soul."[/say] she said, coming to a halt infront of her.

[say]"Is that so?"[/say] she said, a small smile now quirking her lips. [say]"You are indeed beautiful, but I would not assume you to be so struck by me as to be as forward as that. But your praises ought to be sung without the expectation of reciprocation."[/say] She did not flatter to get anything from the woman - not that she would be disappointed if she did - but because it was deserved. [say]"I am Delphia. It is a pleasure and great fortune to meet you."[/say]

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Eloise - 02-26-2020

[say]"Oh, I'm not sure about that. I think this place has changed me if anything."[/say] With a hum and a glance towards the sea, Eloise inhaled deeply the sweet and salty tang of it before smiling brightly. [say]"For the better."[/say]

Listening to Delphia made Eloise narrow her eyes with a playful skepticism. [say]"Where did you come from, speaking like that? Don't get me wrong, I used to be a duchess and so I know all about flowery prose but.."[/say] Glancing around the empty beach, empty save for the two of them of course, the illusionist raised a brow. [say]"..ain't no one here but us chickens, as they say."[/say] Laughing it off, unsure just what sort of soul it was she was meeting, she merely shrugged. [say]"Eloise."[/say]

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Delphia - 02-26-2020

Delphia hummed, glancing out over the waters as the young woman did. [say]"Changed, maybe. Or perhaps you merely resonate with this world, set against a hazy, sea-salt sky in which you were always meant to shine."[/say] she said a bit wistfully. Her haunted gaze returned to the young woman, smiling just a hint. [say]"But that it is for the better is all that really matters."[/say]

Her skeptical look and questions caused the demigoddess to tilt her head slightly, caught by surprise. [say]"Is it flowery?"[/say] she asked, having never heard her prose described as such before. A large vocabulary yes, but never flowery. [say]"I am from the Greatwood, where I tend to the souls of the dead for my father, Mort."[/say] she said, corners if her eyes crinkling with a hidden smile. [say]"I suppose...I simply like words. All they many ways people have devised to try and distill the vast beauty of life that Vi has created and Rae has tended; as if something so magnificent could be encapsulated by a mortal's tongue."[/say] She might have said more but...[say]"Chickens? You, a chicken?"[/say] she said with a laugh, the haunted echo of it ringing clear in salty breeze.

[say]"Eloise."[/say] she hummed, looking at her adoringly. [say]"A name which sounds like music."[/say]

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Eloise - 02-28-2020

Eloise turns at this, lips slightly agape. [say]"Mort Mort?"[/say] She asks, the lingering bits of her that remembers social decorum from her past life wanting to bend her knees (or at least her chin) that she might show the appropriate amount of respect for this...well, whatever she is. Brushing a strand of hair from her face that the wind seemed entirely happy to keep against her lips, Eloise fixed the woman with a look. [say]"So that makes you a goddess then?"[/say] She hadn't heard of the Greatwood, but first things first. Knowing who she was talking to seemed much more important than knowing where she lives.

The illusionist felt her skin flush slightly at that compliment, if only because it sounded so strangely sincere. She wasn't lying before when she said Delphia's way of speaking sounded like a line meant to get into her pants, but the longer they did speak, the more she realized just how genuine the woman was. It was strange to see that, in a place like Torchline.

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Delphia - 02-29-2020

Delphia glanced at Eloise curiously, a glint of amusement in her steel-blue gaze. [say]"Indeed. Is there any other?"[/say] she asked. Though, as far as she knew, she was the first such child her father had created in a very long time, and even she was only born out of dire necessity. At her further question, she gazed out over the sea contemplatively. [say]"Not wholly. Though, if he wished it, I suppose my father could bestow such divinity upon me."[/say] she said, glancing at Eloise again. [say]"My mother was a mortal woman. My soul partly mortal, partly blessed with divinity by Mort to make my existence possible. My family referred to me as a demigoddess."[/say] she explained.

The corners of her eyes crinkled as if she might smile, but her lips didn't. [say]"Does that make you uncomfortable?"[/say]

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Eloise - 03-09-2020

The illusionist shrugs, laughter on her lips. [say]"You tell me. I haven't been in this world long enough to be able to answer that."[/say] Listening to this explanation, Eloise steps closer, as if seeing Delphia like some mythical creature now for the first time. Her dark eyes scour the freckled face, the beach-waved hair, the ocean-blue eyes. [say]"Demi-goddess..."[/say] She repeats, the word somehow feeling prophetic on her lips.

[say]'Once upon a time it might have made me feel that way."[/say] Eloise replies, folding her arms loosely across her chest. [say]"Not knowing how to address you..how deeply to bow, what the expectations were. Though this world is so strange I expect I could know everything about its social customs and still do something wrong, so.."[/say] Shrugging her shoulders, she merely tipped her head back to laugh brightly, eyes nearly closed with amusement. [say]"..fuck it, I suppose?"[/say]

RE: the sea, it calls to me - Delphia - 03-09-2020

Her laughter caused the seer's lips to curve then, a playful grin coaxed from her. [say]"None with the sort of fame of the Mort I speak of I don't think. But perhaps there is a Captain Mortimer. Or a pick-pocket fellow named Morty."[/say] she joked, a light shrug on her shoulders. It was not out of the question for mortals to be named for the gods. People were rather fond of names with significance. But of course, the sort of shock with which Eloise had repeated her father's name made it seem very unlikely that she was mixing up a mortal man with the God of Death. And as she stepped closer, Delphia remained still under her gaze - perhaps a bit unnaturally so, the warmth in her sea-blue eyes far too familiar for having just met her. [say]"A high title for someone who lives in a yurt in the woods, don't you think?"[/say] she said with a hint of a smirk, not above poking fun at herself.

But she fell silent as Eloise spoke at some length, describing how she might have once been. That despite how her past self might've stumbled over formalities and exceptions, she tilted her head back and laughed...it warmed the very small part of the demigoddess that had grown accustomed to the way her mere existence seemed to keep people at a distance. [say]"Well, you would have been in good company were to be uncomfortable in my presence but...I must admit, that you aren't is as refreshing as the sea breeze."[/say] she said softly, smiling at her lovingly.