Court of the Fallen
the time ticks by - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: the time ticks by (/showthread.php?tid=2749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-05-2020

The Temple had been completed, and others had gone their separate ways – but there was a gleam within Quanil throughout that intrigued the Flood, and with it he focuses on settling in the mostly empty bar, water and drinks at the ready for whatever they might prefer. His gaze lands on them with a light, yet exhausted smile from all the work they’d done, before he tips his head somewhat toward them.

“[say]So, Quanil, what’ll it be?[/say]” He hums, voice accented thickly, gesturing toward all the drinks at the ready that he’s got on hand since the bar’s partially attempted destruction. Plenty of water, some wines, some meads, some beers, quite the variety for whatever Quanil might prefer for the help of putting together the Temple once more.

Set after the Temple rebuild!

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-05-2020

Their parents had preferred they stay away from public houses and other such dens of drunkenness. But Quanil thought the VlamVloed was quite nice... if a bit battered.

They eyed the various offerings. "Well, I've never had more than a sip or two of alcohol before. Dad said too much alcohol made you stupid." They looked to Sunjata, complete and total trust in their eyes. "I'll have whatever you recommend."

RE: the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-05-2020

A loud hum of a chuckle leaves him at the comment, offering a nod in response with a slight quirk to his lips. “[say]Dad’s right.[/say]” He admits, knowing full well with first hand experience just how true the statement was when it came to it. He’d done it far too many times to count. But he focuses on Quanil’s face, waiting and spotting the amount of trust within their eyes that he can’t lead them astray.

So he settles with something light, first filling a glass of water to slide over toward them, followed by one of the lighter wines with a hint of apple mixed among the sparkling tones. It was a refreshing wine, and bright against the tongue, and Sunjata fills a glass part of the way and slides it over to them as well and leans against the bar to focus on them a bit more fully. “[say]Let me know what you think.[/say]”

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-05-2020

First they got water, and, honestly, rebuilding a Temple - or, well, part of it, anyway - was thirsty work, so they were happy to start there. Not that I really did much, but...

But then a second glass appeared, and a request for opinion. So Quanil swapped water for wine. "Ooh, that's..." They weren't sure what it was, so they took another sip. "It's like... like a bright Leafchange morning. Early Leafchange, before they've actually changed. It's nice, thank you, sir."

They took another sip. "I'm glad I ran into you, sir, because I wanted to ask you about rooms here. Uh, sir." Best to be polite with your potential landlord. Especially when he's providing you drinks.

RE: the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-05-2020

He remains leaning against the bar, steel gaze flitting over Quanil’s face for the reaction of the wine. And so far so good, he thinks, the briefest ghosting of a smile along his face before he dips his head in agreement. “[say]Crisp.[/say]” A quiet rumble. “[say]From the Greatwood, if I remember right.[/say]” He’d been sure to try and figure out how to get some of the fruits there since he’d met Tarasha so long ago.

But his head tilts a bit more as he focuses on them, and the amount of sir’s that have been given, a wide toothy smile given. “[say]Sunjata’s fine. No need for sirs.[/say]” He hadn’t been called Sir since his previous world, and something about hearing it gives him a variety of thoughts he’d rather not have in this instance. “[say]Speaking of rooms, are you looking for one to stay in for a bit?[/say]” There’s an avian tilt of his head to that, the briefest hint of navy feathers sprouting along his neck.

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-06-2020

Quanil nodded (perhaps excessively). "Yes, si-...uh, Sunjata. sir." They cleared their throat. "Sorry. But, I'm not sure what is required in order to stay here. My parents have said they're willing to give me a little bit of the harvest, when it comes, or maybe some eggs? We have chickens. But beyond that, I'm not sure what else I can offer in return for a room."

They were still trying to figure out this whole "out on their own" bit, and some grudging "okay I guess" support from their parents was already more than they'd expected. But they were an adult now - and a Loreseeker! (-in-training) - and they were going to figure this out, Vidammit.

RE: the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-07-2020

His brows lift a small amount at the revelation that they were a natural, some harvest and the like. And while those were very well needed, especially for the kitchen behind him, he’s not entirely sure it would amount to being enough for what sounds like a semi-permanent residence within the bar. But it’s certainly a start, and Sunjata pours himself a glass of one of the stronger whiskeys he has behind the bar, taking a sip of it as he regards Quanil.

“[say]Some of the harvest or eggs would be good.[/say]” He hums thoughtfully, head tilting in an avian like way before he gives Quanil a toothy smile. “[say]Though you could help out around here as well, if that’s fair? Help clean tables when you have the time, something along those lines.[/say]” He muses before he purses his lips slightly. “[say]What do you think of that?[/say]”

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-08-2020

More over-eager nodding. "Oh, yes, absolutely! Sweeping, mopping, clearing tables, washing dishes, cleaning out the fireplace, I can do all of those things already, and if there's anything else you want me to do, I'm a quick learner, si-...uh, Sunjata."

Forgetting that the drink in their hands was wine and not water, they downed a substantial amount of it in relief. The flavor reminded them of the truth, but it was still a very nice flavor, and if drinking it like that wasn't proper, well... too late?

"I'm training to be a Loreseeker, so most of my days are in the Guildhall, but when I get done there, I'll come straight back and get to work here!" They seemed rather eager at the mention of work, which might come across as odd, but well, Quanil tended to come across as odd. And they liked being useful, helping people, doing good things, especially when it meant a place of their own for the time being, away from disapproving parents who'd rather they hid under a table instead of going off exploring and... and learning things.

RE: the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-08-2020

A positively feline grin crosses Sunjata as Quanil agrees, nodding along. “[say]For now just clearing tables and washing dishes will work. You can ask the people in the kitchen if they need any help with anything, or those that tend when I’m gone.[/say]” He offers before sipping from his whiskey while Quanil downs the glass of wine.

Sunjata raises a brow briefly, until they continue and Sunjata listens in. “[say]Maea is a Loreseeker as well and she stays in one of the rooms, too.[/say]” A quiet thoughtful hum, that it might not be so lonely for Quanil here if there were those they knew around. But regardless, it sounds like it’s settled, and Sunjata sets his glass along the scarred top of the bar, letting his steel gaze linger on Quanil for a response to the mention of the pale woman.

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-08-2020

Quanil nodded. "Provost Silversmith suggested I see if I could stay here, precisely because Maea was."

They drank the last of the wine, eyed their now-empty glass, and decided it might be pushing it to ask for more. These were meant to be 'thank you' drinks. With obvious reluctance, they set the wine glass down and reached for the water instead.

"She seems nice. I'm glad she wasn't hurt at the Temple." Which reminded him. "DID YOU SEE THE DRAGON!? HE HAD A DRAGON!"

I dunno what happens if Quanil gets drunk, but I'm game to find out.

RE: the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-09-2020

His brow raises at the mention of Jigano – surprised the man suggested someone stay here based off of their recent interaction. But he supposes it makes sense in a way, that despite whatever differences they may have in regards to Maea, that for the bettering of their people as a whole, that the VlamVloed’s beds should be used to help people get onto their feet. But the slight surprise fades for a somewhat boyish smile as he notices the empty glass, and even though Quanil is reaching for the water, Sunjata slips a bit more wine into the glass.

“[say]I’m glad she wasn’t too.[/say]” He hums thoughtfully, a light smile at that before the dragon comment and he thinks to Ronin. A bright chuckle leaves him at that, lifting the glass of whiskey to his lips. He feels the burn down his throat before he nods. “[say]Sugar, wasn’t her name?[/say]” He ponders thoughtfully. “[say]That reminds me…[/say]” He leans back and whistles loudly within the bar, before a scurry of feet comes running from the kitchen, to hop on the bar beside him. Haai’s arrived, emerald gaze flickering toward Quanil, her canine head leaning forward to greet them. “[say]This is Haai. She’s my griffin.[/say]”

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-09-2020

Oh. Their reach for the water was interrupted by the appearance of more wine. Well, it'd be impolite not to, right? They picked up the wine glass instead, remembering to sip it this time. Even if it was a pretty big sip. Which it was. But they didn't just gulp it down, at least.

"Yes, she was Sugar. I wish I'd gotten to pet her."

And then their eyes went wide as dinner plates as a little... bundle of cute creature came hopping up onto the bar. They SQUEED in excitement. "Hi, Haai! I'm Quanil!" They looked up to Mr. Sunjata to ask, "Can I pet her?" before asking Haai herself, "Can I pet you? I'll be very gentle, I promise!"

RE: the time ticks by - Sunjata - 02-11-2020

Amusement flickers along his face as Quanil reaches for the glass of wine and disregards the water entirely. But the comment of Sugar is also disregarded as Haai hops onto the table, and Sunjata rests an elbow on the bar top, propping up his head with it as the griffin goes to inspect them. The squee causes a hum of a chuckle to leave him. “[say]Sure.[/say]” He offers, though Haai is quick on the draw and fully settles on the table with her head extended, almost asking for the best part of the scratches off the bat – right behind the ears with the feathers, iridescent wings tucking in tight along her spine and a small yip of her own for her hello.

RE: the time ticks by - Quanil - 02-11-2020

It was all Quanil could do not to squee again.

They started with the behind-the-ear scritches because they'd never met an animal with ears that didn't like that. They were very attentive to the little griffin, hyperfocused on every movement, every detail.

"She's gorgeous," they sighed, making sure there were equal scritches for every ear, and offering under-the-chin scritches, too, because most animals that liked the ear scritches also liked the chin ones. "Where'd you find her?" And then, because Quanil couldn't not ask questions at a time like this as they came to them, "Does she act like a kind of bouncer, running off the troublemakers? That would be both adorable and possibly terrifying. Can she fly? Does she like doing loop-the-loops? What's she eat? Probably a carnivore, I'd guess, maybe an omnivore? Does she have a favorite food? I could see if I could get it for her!"