Court of the Fallen
Well It Takes One To Know One - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Well It Takes One To Know One (/showthread.php?tid=2761)

Pages: 1 2

Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 02-06-2020

Spending time in bars was not exactly something new to Nate, but not enjoying his time in bars certainly was. He missed wasting nights in a blackout state, waking up and remembering nothing. Hard to regret things you couldn’t remember after all.

He was trying hard to not let himself wallow in regrets right now, sitting at a corner table in the local bar. Torchline was great, except for the sun, which he was currently waiting out, flopped back bonelessly in a chair. A drink sat on the table in front of him, mostly so he didn’t get kicked out for taking up space. Really, getting kicked out would just be the cherry on top of whatever it was he was going through right now.

With a grunt, he forced himself upright again, scanning the bar to see if anything had changed while he’d been moping. There had to be some way to waste a day, some person or thing that could be a distraction.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 02-19-2020

Hotaru is no big drinker, but being able to freely visit a bar without having to deal with seeing her kinda-sorta ex and his new live-in leech (admittedly a questionable friend of hers on top of that) is a pull that she cannot deny. The drinks burn hot and delicious down her throat, and the unknown faces give her more than enough material to peruse at her leisure from where she leans gracefully against the bar on her own. Eenie, meenie, miney... Heterochromic eyes flit over each stranger, shamelessly drinking in faces and bodies to determine who is enticing enough to make a bet on that evening.

She isn't expecting a man with a moue of distaste on his handsome face to be the one to reel her in, but Hotaru doesn't stop to reconsider when she takes in the cut of his cheeks and the magnetic draw of his eyes. He is slumped over in a chair, which makes it all the easier for what she intends to do. Smirking to herself, the woman finishes off her drink and slides it back onto the bar, standing and abandoning her perch to investigate.

Approaching is the easiest part, hips swaying as she lowers her hand to the table he has claimed as his own, smiling darkly as she shamelessly squeezes into his space. Just close enough to try and position one of his sprawled legs between both of her own as she bends at the waist to inspect his handsome features. [say]"Now now, what's with the long face handsome? Need a better pick-me-up than this?"[/say] She flicks her finger against the untouched glass even as her eyes never leave Nate's, forward and uncompromising.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 02-20-2020

Nate’s been in enough bars to know the difference between someone getting up and going about their business, and someone getting up to talk to him. He wonders, briefly, what he’s done to capture the woman’s attention, but it really doesn’t matter too much. There’s no movement from him, not until her hand is planted on his table, until she’s very much in his space. He’s never been on this side of the dance, despite others best efforts, and yet she does it with no effort at all, forcing him to pay attention, to step out of his moody spell, for a moment.

Almost automatically, he braces his leg more firmly on the ground, half expecting her to sit, though he can’t help the grin when she doesn’t. He doesn’t speak right away though, shrugging wordlessly in lieu of it in an attempt to avoid falling into whatever she wanted. [say]”If you’ve got something more satisfying than that, you’ve got my attention.”[/say] The words came out griffer than he meant, sandpaper where usually there was silk, but it still got his point across. Especially once he grinned, mechanically, showing off fangs and the root of his troubles.

Her eyes though, never leave his, never seem to give him a moment away from them. This is what he does to other people, or at least what he wants to, and it’s jarring to not have the upper hand for him. Jarring to not be quite sure how to get it again.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 02-22-2020

Her prey holds obediently still as she approaches, navigating into his space with an ease and purpose that makes it seem like she has all the right in the world to be invading his area so boldly. She is immediately rewarded with the firming of his stance, the handsome grin that steals across his face and only deepens her own predatory look. Chuckling softly, almost patronizingly, Hotaru lifts her hand to play with his fringe as she leans just a hair closer. [say]"I should have your attention anyway sweet boy."[/say] The chastisement is blunt but sweetened by the way she drags her fingers through his hair, eyes falling to his bared fangs as he grins.

Free hand grabs his glass and slowly tips it back, a few luxurious swallows all she needs to steal away his bartered booze. Then it's discarded just as carelessly, used and forgotten. Much like something else might soon be. Licking her lips for any stray drops she straddles the leg between hers, sinking down onto it as he has so kindly offered it up as a perch. [say]"Won't be needing that with those beautiful little fangs now will you? No point in being wasteful."[/say] The hand in his hair grips just enough to tug playfully backwards. Hotaru may not have fangs of her own, but the long arch of his neck is appealing all the same. [say]"Tell me, how much quality time have you spent on your knees with someone like me? Because I'll be forward, I'd like to see you there tonight."[/say] Why bother beating around the bush? Either he says yes or she finds another partner. Though that would certainly be a shame.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 02-24-2020

Nate tilts his head back as her hand pushes into his hair, his brows raising in surprise. Who did she think she was? Who did she think he was? His grin grows into a smirk, a challenge, and he snorts softly. [say]”I don’t usually like to give my attention to strangers. Why would you be any different?”[/say] He hasn’t pulled away though, hasn’t dropped his leg or leaned out of her touch. Really, he didn’t think he’d walk away from any distraction at this point, but he wasn’t going to give anything up for free.

His eyes followed her hand as she grabbed his previous ignored drink and swallowed it, his gaze lingering on the curve of her neck and a hunger in his face. Though it faded to annoyance at her words, his brows furrowing. [say]”I’d still be drinking it.”[/say] As far as he was concerned that wasn’t a waste, and he didn’t want to be reminded that he didn’t get as much from it as she would. There’s a huff as his head is pulled back, but beyond that no reaction, just a slow settling of his gaze back on her face, the angle making him squint just a little bit.

For a moment, a breath, if he still needed them, Nate simply stared, considering her words, the bluntness of them. [say]”I can’t say I’m well acquainted with the position.”[/say] He offers, chuckling softly. She wasn’t his usual type, in a lot of ways, but... did it even matter what his type was anymore? He got the same thing from it either way, he’d learned that already.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 03-26-2020

He's no easy prey, the cut of his smirk like a dagger to her throat, a challenge she can't back down from now that it has been presented. [say]"Care to let me prove I'm more interesting?"[/say] Simpering, smiling, despite the darkness in her eyes that promises far more than her veneer of girlish pleading. Though her own lips tilt as he frowns her way, frustrated at having lost his drink to her. [say]"I'm sure you could still taste it if you wanted,"[/say] she teases, lips still wet with alcohol and completely unrepentant. [say]"Or I could buy you another if it means you'll let me take you home. Or right here in this seat, I'm not picky."[/say] Hotaru isn't going to shy away from buttering him up and catering to his whims until she can get him where she wants him. If he wants to play hard to get then she's willing to meet his demands.

For a face like that? Any time.

As her hands take great joy in feeling the silky nature of his hair, she awaits his slow response, unbroken eye contact more than enough to keep the electricity singing in her veins. Though a slight quirk of her brow betrays her curiosity over his response. For someone so receptive to her blunt advances...does he not normally partake in women then? [say]"Think I can sway you over the fence for a night?"[/say] Needing that firm response, the acceptance, before she dares to take this any further. She may be a promiscuous woman, but at least she knows the value of consent.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 03-26-2020

[say]"I'm still here, aren't I?"[/say] There was no better way Nate knew to show he was giving her a chance, and to be honest, he is intrigued by her, the promise in her eyes, the boldness of her touch. And he's being catered to, something he'd never complain about. [say]"You don't need to get me a whole new drink."[/say] Though his eyes do move to her lips, considering the taste, then down towards her throat again, considering a different taste, one that they'd both be happier with, if he had to guess. [say]"I'd be happy with a taste."[/say]

A low laugh leaves him at the quirk of her brow, something very satisfying about it, the fact that he had stumped her, even for a moment. Though it's his turn to quirk his brow when she asks if he can be swayed, and Nate takes a moment to consider. Really, what was stopping him at this point? A bite was a bite, and she seemed like fun. [say]"Lucky for you, I'm easy to sway."[/say] He reaches out then, a hand on her hip, that extra little bit of confirmation. [say]"I'd like to know who I'm going home with though."[/say]

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 04-01-2020

[say]"That you are,"[/say] she agrees pleasantly, satisfaction flickering in her gaze. It only deepens at his acquiescence, the implication of his words and his gaze, which feels like a physical touch as it skirts away from her lips down to her clavicle. Hotaru tilts her head slightly to the side, golden hair falling away from her shoulder to blatantly display it almost in offering. A tease more than anything with how her hand is still deeply entangle in his silky hair. Though he could likely overpower her with his lack of sensation, which makes it all the more appealing to have him beneath her, complacent and receptive. A power high she does not often get to feel.

Confirmation comes at last, and she shivers slightly beneath his hand on her hip, keyed up and oversensitive to every touch. They've barely touched and already she feels like they've had a good few minutes of foreplay, the echo of Wessex's bite and how it had felt like a ghost possessing her. [say]"My name's Hotaru,"[/say] she purrs in answer, the hand in his hair moving to cup his jaw, swiping her thumb slowly over his bottom lip before she boldly dips down to plant a firm but relatively chaste kiss upon it. [say]"And yours? I need a name to moan too."[/say] The cut of her grin is sharp as she withdraws, straightening in preparation to find a more private area.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 04-01-2020

This conversation is a dance Nate doesn't know the steps to, but one that he feels confident enough just moving into, teases and looks and touches. It's hard to forget about the hand in his hair, hard to ignore the urge to answer the slight tilt of a head with teeth. He can be good though. He imagines he'll have to be, though the shiver in response to his touch gives him a little bit of wiggle room. Something he doesn't quite get the chance to indulge in, too distracted by the name, the shifting that comes with it. The kiss, that quite firmly puts him back in his place.  

Nate moves on Hotaru's heels, standing as she straightens and towering over her, though he barely notices, too focused on his grin. [say]"I'm Nathaniel."[/say] He rumbles, stepping past her to gesture towards a side door that leads to the back of the building, if he remembers right. [say]"You can call me Nate though. Less of a mouthful."[/say] And he laughs, reaching out to put his hand on her hip again, so he can follow by touch, and keep his eyes peeled for somewhere quiet.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 04-02-2020

For all his lack of experience with women, he is perfect and pliable beneath her hands, which only heats her blood all the more. Power is something she holds close in such encounters, wields it as easily as any blade, and she can tell he is going to be gorgeous beneath her. Hotaru is all too willing to teach him how to pleasure a woman's body after all. Just means she can reap the rewards of his tutoring.

Hotaru is so used to people - especially men - towering over her that she scarcely notices the disparity between them as they both stand. It's not like she hasn't brought men his size to their knees before. He knows this building better at least, guiding her to the side door, and she shamelessly hooks her fingers in the waist of his pants to drag him along as she pops the door open with her hip and grins at him as she backs out into the shadows of the night. [say]"I quite like mouthfuls, but that sounds like your job this time around."[/say] His touch on her hip is welcome and she guides them out the side and away from the thinning crowds as the night draws later. It reminds her distinctly of when Wessex had taken her beneath the moonlight at the lakeside. Hotaru apparently is forming a habit of seducing Ascended beneath moonlight and with water nearby. She likes the trend so far.

She has been spending her nights pleasantly beneath a small cabana of sorts she has taken over, comfortably airy with the temperatures Torchline provides. It's no house, but it's something to keep them from public indecency. As she leads him inside she turns and boldly strips her shirt off, breasts falling freely as she grabs his hands and guides them to her chest. [say]"Think you can follow directions to earn that bite?"[/say] The flicker of her smirk in the low light is like a challenge.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 04-03-2020

The fingers hooked into his pants, the way he's being led, it's all surprisingly easy to swallow, given the position Nate usually likes to take in his amorous encounters. Maybe it's just the fact that he has no idea what to expect, that of every new thing he's going through, giving up some control is the easiest to bear. [say]"I'm used to having my mouth full, don't you worry."[/say] Out in the night air, he gets a moment to reflect, in between looking around for a place to settle, though it seems Hotaru has her own plans, and who is he to start complaining now?

The cabana is a nice surprise, something else Nate let's himself be distracted by, at least for a moment. Hotaru stripping off her top and grabbing his hands is impossible to be distracted from. Nate can't help but stare, blinking for a moment before he squeezes, gently, a grin spreading over his face. Blue eyes flick up to Hotaru's face, his grin only growing as he responds. [say]"Oh, I have to earn it now, huh?"[/say] A challenge, despite the positions they're in, but he doesn't really know anything else. There's a part of him that want's to give in, just a little, just to see what it's like, just to get his own satisfaction.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 04-04-2020

She's not surprised he's used to such things, and shoots him a darkly smug look over her shoulder at his comment. [say]"Then you're already halfway to learning,"[/say] she teases as she pulls him inside the cabana. His stupefied look makes her laugh softly, using her grip on his hands to gently squeeze down on the soft flesh beneath. [say]"Of course darling. Don't worry, I'm a great teacher."[/say] Bi-colored eyes glint in the half-light, smirking as she arches her chest into his perfectly smooth touch. Ah, the benefits of being Ascended.

[say]"Nipples are as sensitive as any man's can be, but with more to tug and pinch. Or bite, if that's your preference."[/say] Her voice is low and sultry despite the instructive manner, pinching her own nipples and pulling slightly, head dropping back and hair brushing against the small of her back as she gives a soft gasp at the sensation. Whether or not he will mimic it, she allows him the time to do so before she is stepping closer and lowering his hands down her stomach to land upon her hips. [say]"There's a delightful artery on the inside of your thigh, perfect for biting,"[/say] she purrs as she gently releases the pressure on his hands, waiting to see if he will slide them beneath the hem of her leggings, letting him control the reigns a bit despite holding the power of instructing him in the ways of a woman's body.

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Nate - 04-04-2020

Hotaru may have been a great teacher, but Nate had never really been a great student. Even in such carnal situations, even when he stands to gain, like he does here. But he can go a little longer before acting out, can smirk and enjoy the response his touch brings. The demonstration is appreciated though, nipples not really one of the places he focuses on, even with men. [say]"I'm not really sure you want me biting your nipples."[/say] He laughs, flashing his fangs, and moves his hands to pinch at a nipple, growing a little bolder as he watches what his touch can do. Though he's a little fast, a little rough, like he's trying to challenge her, to test what limits he can push at.

He's enjoying himself, but when Hotaru steps closer Nate pauses, waiting to see where she'll direct his hands next. A smirk spreads over his face when she mentions an artery, a spot for biting, and without waiting to be told, barely waiting for her to release him, Nate lowers, his hands preceding the rest of him. [say]"I think I know it."[/say] It's less of a purr coming out of him, but excited nonetheless. No matter the gender, he knows how to touch a body. It's the specifics that are new. The hands dip into her pants, pulling them down as he goes, though even kneeling he's still tall, level with her stomach. Hands drag lower still, until a thumb can dip between Hotaru's legs, press against the hot beat of her heart, and Nate can smirk up at her. [say]"Here, right?"[/say]

RE: Well It Takes One To Know One - Hotaru - 04-04-2020

His fanged grin and teasing is enough to inspire a sultry laugh from her, disrupted only by the soft, surprised noise of pleasure that overtakes it as he plucks and pinches with an unexpected ferocity. Hotaru is more than happy to take a little pain with her pleasure though, arching into his touch like an offering. Giving and taking the power in equal measure to find the balance they both seek.

He sinks to his knees like a worshipful follower of a religion only she will indoctrinate him into tonight, and he is a vision in the spare moonlight that strikes across his bright eyes and dark smile. The slow drag of cloth down her thighs inspires a shiver that she can't blame on the cool night air, and she steps from it elegantly just as his fingers find the rush of blood beneath her skin. It is a tease, so close and yet so far, and she loops her arms around his neck to play with that tempting hair once more as she presses just a little closer, instinctively searching for body heat that she will not find. [say]"Smart boy,"[/say] she praises in her sibilant, seductive manner. Trailing one hand down his neck and chest before her fingertips run out of skin to explore, dropping away to find the heat of her own folds, pressing in and arching her hips up in a show meant for only his eyes. Moaning softly as her fingers rub in circular motions, dipping into the valley between where she is already wet and waiting. [say]"Help a girl out first?"[/say] Her eyes flash wickedly in the dark, more of a command than the questioning lilt at the end reveals.