Court of the Fallen
from little acorns - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: from little acorns (/showthread.php?tid=3034)

from little acorns - Alina - 03-30-2020

Alina's weapons were carefully placed on the wall beside her. A scowl seemed permanently etched onto her features. Her eyes practically bored into the page before her. However, it wasn't long before she found herself flipping to the next, and the next after that, until she reached the end. When she did, she groaned and tossed it onto the table before her.

That table already held a less than tidy pile of scrolls and volumes. They were all on the lands outside of the Greatwood, in particular Halo and Torchline, though most were little better than myths and rumors. Standing up, she began pacing, turning neatly on her heel when she reached the other end of the Undercroft. Her expression was still annoyed, and she found herself muttering under her breath.

Tarasha

RE: from little acorns - Tarasha - 03-31-2020

Recent talk of books, of ancient, hidden knowledge has driven me to the Undercroft, to make plans, half formed and stumbling. The idea of so much missing knowledge back where it belongs is exciting distracting. I don't know why I expect to be alone in the Undercroft, but I do, and I still at the sounds from deeper within, confusion on my face.

It takes only a moment for the source of the noises to come apparent, and I let out a breath I hadn't meant to hold in, approaching my kin on quiet wings. [say]"Looking for something in specific?"[/say] I ask, a friendly quirk to my lips.

RE: from little acorns - Alina - 03-31-2020

The friendly smile from Tarasha was met by a slight narrowing of Alina's eyes. Even with her own kind, the huntress was still brusque. She just wasn't as hostile.

Glancing at the books, she tapped the cover of one of them, clearly annoyed. [say]"I suppose that depends on what you mean by specific."[/say] The words came out short and clipped and she pushed the book aside before turning to face her fellow Fae fully.

For a moment Alina regarded the slightly shorter woman. Then the huntress scowled, though not directly at her kin. [say]"I'm just looking for information on the lands outside our borders. Particularly threats they might pose, especially the Voice and her Ascended and her portals."[/say]

RE: from little acorns - Tarasha - 04-01-2020

My smile isn't returned, not that I mind, really, though I can feel the corners of my mouth grow a little sharper, my eyes crinkling with the force of the expression now. I lean to the side, trying to get a better look at the book that is now bearing the brunt of my kin's irritation. For a breath, I consider being snarky, but there's nothing to gain from it.

So instead, I fold my arms behind my back, leaning in, the picture of quiet interest. [say]"Are you concerned for us? Or for venturing out?"[/say] It makes a difference, and I perhaps have some knowledge to share, depending on the specifics.

RE: from little acorns - Alina - 04-01-2020

At her fellow Fae's question, Alina couldn't help but roll her eyes even though she knew better. [say]"What do you think?"[/say] It came out tartly, and she crossed her arms, clearly annoyed by something.

However, she took a deep breath and let it out in a huff. [say]"For us. For the Greatwood."[/say] Lowering her arms, her hands formed into fists and she began to pace again. Her steps were heavy, and her eyes had narrowed with anger. [say]"I cannot believe the outside world is done bringing problems to our home. And I want to know what those might be so I can stop them."[/say] Her rage at the outsiders was quite evident.

RE: from little acorns - Tarasha - 04-05-2020

[say]"I think that we are well sheltered, and there are those who are more suited to searching for threats beyond our borders already doing that."[/say] I say, my voice cheery, though each word is carefully chosen, carefully spoken.

I step forward, looking down at the table, at the selection of literature picked out, ignoring the heavy pacing of my kin. [say]"There is always something looking to turn against us, always a problem on the horizon. We have not fallen yet, have we?"[/say] The smile on my face softens again, as my eyes follow the back and forth of the younger, taking in her rage, and wondering where it all comes from. [say]"Do you have so little faith in us as to believe some petulant goddess,"[/say] a word that nearly pains me to use, though there is no more apt description, [say]"and her creations are enough to bring us down?"[/say]

RE: from little acorns - Alina - 04-05-2020

Halting in her frantic pacing, Alina put her hands on her hips. [say]"Who?"[/say] The question came out heated. [say]"Who is looking out for us besides us?"[/say] She stared at the other Fae, the huntress' jaw feathering with tension.

Scowling, she shook her head jerkily. [say]"Not yet. But we've come closer recently than we ever have before. The fire, the Blight, these Ascended killing the Mathair."[/say] Lowering her arms, her hands formed fists.

Now it was Alina's turn to choose her words carefully, though she was still angry. [say]"No. I think we can defeat the goddess and her tools, if we stick together."[/say] She took a deep breath and let it out in a huff. [say]"But I've seen too many of our kin welcoming these changes and these outsiders with open arms. And I think that will be our downfall. They have forgotten the past."[/say]