Court of the Fallen
everything is figureoutable - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: everything is figureoutable (/showthread.php?tid=3386)

Pages: 1 2 3

everything is figureoutable - James - 05-04-2020

James, who was usually rather good at things having to do with lips and blowing, was a rather shit whistler. It hardly mattered; that stupid wagon of Ianto's would turn up eventually.

Dressed in flip-flops, a shirt made out of netting, and what had once been a scarf tied around his waist, the thief stomped through the snow, making no attempts to hide his presence here. The fae weren't big fans of his, but he'd been friends with lurked around Ianto long enough to be tolerated. [say]"Just as a reminder, I am cold blooded. The longer you wait, the more warmin' up I'll need."[/say] The snake called out into the woods, his voice echoing loudly and colourfully.

Dropping a sack of...well, gods knew what that he was carrying, James began to very carefully plod into the undisturbed snow, clearly trying to make the likeness of something phallic.

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-04-2020

[say]"The longer I wait, the more frost-bitten your toes will be."[/say]

The words drifted through the muted skeletons of the trees; skeletons suddenly cheerfully illuminated by the lantern lights draped across the front of the wagon. Ianto could be seen sitting on its steps, barefoot but seeming much warmer, smoking a pipe that filled the woods with sweet smoke.

It had appeared seemingly out of nowhere, as it usually did, and the smirk on the fox's lips suggested that he had heard James pitifully attempting to whistle. [say]"You wanted me?"[/say] he inquired. [say]"What's up? Need to buy a better set of clothes?"[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - James - 05-04-2020

[say]"Is that your way of tellin' me you've got a toe fetish, then?"[/say] The snake quipped back, continuing to carefully outline whatever the fuck he was imprinting into the snow. [say]"Howsit' I'm only hearin' about this now?"[/say] Glancing up, moss-green eyes wicked beneath curls sporting a small dusting of snow, the snake straightened and spread wide his arms so that Ianto might behold his creation. [say]"Recognize it?"[/say] He asked, sounding extremely proud of himself. It was, to the surprise of no one, a massive dick.

You wanted me? James grinned at that, shooting the fox a not so subtle wink, before scoffing. [say]"It's like you don't even know me anymore mate. Buy clothes. How very dare you, sir."[/say] Reaching for his bag and looking the part of a garbage-Santa Claus coming off of an acid trip, the thief tapped the canvas. [say]"Lemme in and you'll be givin' me the clothes off yer back in appreciation for what I've brought."[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-05-2020

[say]"Yeah, James,"[/say] Ianto drawled with a golden grin, [say]"I just love blackened toes in the middle of Deepfrost. Really gets me off."[/say] Taking another pull on his pipe, he rolled his eyes and nodded at the snake, as if inviting him over and out of the bitter cold in his flip-flops. He gazed over the giant dick in the snow as the other man presented it to him, Ianto raising an eyebrow. [say]"No I don't,"[/say] he called. [say]"It's a lot bigger than yours, though."[/say]

Chuckling, he shifted on the steps. Mm, how very dare he indeed. Always having intended to welcome the snake into the wagon, Ianto rose to his feet and beckoned James inside with a flourish. [say]"Wouldn't want you to freeze your pretty little legs off would we,"[/say] he said. [say]"And if you've brought me another bag of garbage, I'm not interested. You don't have to bribe me with trash from the beach, you can just come in."[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - James - 05-05-2020

[say]"Well, I wouldn't know now would I, what with last DeepFrost spent all snug as a bug in yer wagon the entire time."[/say] And oh, what a season of mischief that had been. Glancing over his shoulder at his impressive work of art, the snake turned back to the fox with a look of arrogant hurt. [say]"Whatcha' mean you don't recognize it?"[/say] He wondered, scratching lazily at his curls. [say]"Oy! It's called artistic license mate. Lookit' up."[/say] So saying, he reached for a pinecone and tossed it onto the shaft of the dick, turning back expectantly towards Ianto. [say]"There. How about now? It's even got that little freckle."[/say] All eyebrows and stupid grins, the snake seemed thoroughly convinced he'd won this one.

[say]'Garbage?'[/say] James repeated [say]""Trash??"[/say] His indignation was bright in the chilly air. [say]"You are gonna eat those words soon as I can feel my fingers again."[/say] Waggling his long fingers stiffly to make his point, the thief lifted his chin like some offended royal as he sauntered into the wagon, bag of goods in tow.

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-06-2020

Snorting out a great deal of smoke at the addition of the pinecone, Ianto could only incline his head and extend a hand in a flourish as if to surrender the victory to the snake. Too bad he was being shifted across the wagon steps only a moment later as James swaggered inside, his bag of crap treasure slung loftily over his shoulder.

[say]"I can't wait - I was just about to make dinner anyway."[/say] he said dryly, grinning and rising to his feet. Putting out the pipe, Ianto ducked into the wagon after the other man and stretched.

[say]"Must be important to tear you away from Torchline,"[/say] he remarked. [say]"I figured you'd die before you spent another Deepfrost in this frozen forest."[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - James - 05-06-2020

[say]'Oh were you now? Well. Suppose I might stay for a nibble if'n yer offering."[/say] James tittered, graciously accepting the invitation Ianto simply forgot to extend.

[say]"Do 'yknow, I thought so too."[/say] The thief lamented, hopping up onto a counter (probably right in the way), and nodding his weary agreement. [say]"I thought so too."[/say] He repeated, his melancholy sigh speaking of the very great lengths he'd gone to
drag himself back into these miserable wood. [say]"But alas, I'm simply too pure of heart for my own good."[/say] James added with a sage nod, a hand over his heart.

[say]"So what's it your makin' anyways?"[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-06-2020

Ianto could only grin to himself, having long realised that the best way to get around James was to not rise to any of his annoyances, however inconvenient they might be. [say]"It's the least I can do. Poor waif like you, wandering through the snow to find my wagon,"[/say] he said, sauntering up to the counter he sat upon and beginning to remove pots and pans from the cupboards overhead. (He bonked James on the head with one of the pots accidentally on purpose).

[say]"You? Pure of heart? We are both liars, James, but there's no reason to be quite so far fetched,"[/say] Ianto said with a snort, reaching down now to pull out a variety of vegetables, along with a parcel of beef packed in a container filled with snow. [say]"Stew,"[/say] he said. [say]"Nothing better with this kind of weather."[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - James - 05-06-2020

[say]"Waif?"[/say] James looked about to argue at that, but decided against it. Especially if his sickly-physique was going to net him some dinner. Not moving at all as Ianto puttered around, James merely rubbed at his head as it was unceremoniously knocked with a pot. [say]"Oy. Watch it. I might have a need for that later."[/say] He scolded playfully knowing that was the head he used least.

[say]"Oh, oh. Listen to the sass on him ladies and gentlemen. I come bearing gifts and nothing but the goodest of intentions—"[/say] In saying, James briefly paused and pulled a face, suddenly realizing goodest wasn't a word. [say]"— and I am nothing but insulted. To my face."[/say] Pointing at his mug in emphasize, James crossed one leg delicately over the other and huffed.

[say]"Mmm, about that. Heard from a friend of a friend you caught yourself a bit of sun recently. Have you finally given up these depressed woods for more reasonable weather?"[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-07-2020

[say]"I don't believe you,"[/say] Ianto said with a shit-eating grin. James? Have a use for the head that wasn't in his pants? Absurd. As the snake began his theatrics, Ianto busied himself in chopping vegetables, frying the diced up meat and boiling a pot of water. [say]"If I was going to insult you I'd be a lot worse than that,"[/say] he told the other man, reaching up to pat him on the cheek. [say]"You're talking a lot and saying very little,"[/say] he advised him, as if to tell him to get to his goodest intentions already.

Arching a coppery brow at the inevitable news that his little sunset watching session in Torchline had been observed, Ianto had to wonder just how many tabs James was trying to keep on him. [say]"Given that I am still here, in the Greatwood, in the middle of Deepfrost, doesn't that answer your question?"[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - James - 05-07-2020

Ianto's pat was likely meant to be condescending and perhaps a bit rough, but James seemed to preen beneath the touch just the same. [say]"Listen you, what's wrong with a bit of light-hearted banter between mates? I've not seen you in months and now it's all get to the point James, and I'm such a busy merchant, James."[/say] Had the fox said that latter bit? Ahh well. He probably would sooner or later.

Hopping off the counter, the thief paused for a moment before frowning. [say]"Yeah, fair 'nuff. Worth an ask though, y'might've been packin'."[/say] Though glancing around the general state of the wagon, that wasn't the case.

[say]"Alright, now don't go thankin' me all at once. I'll take your appreciation spread out over several weeks if you don't mind."[/say] James hummed, clearly quite proud of himself. Grabbing the end corner of his sack, he gave a dramatic yank, causing a good deal of stuff to fall out. Mismatched cups, bags of dried leaves and things, a number of spoons, a few chunks of something dark brown and course looking, and even a cracked teapot. Waggling his brows, hands open in a gesture of behold thy treasure, the thief waited expectantly for Ianto to begin lacquering him with praise.

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-12-2020

[say]"I mean, I am a busy merchant. Mostly you're just taking up counter space when I'm trying to cook you a delicious feast, you ingrate."[/say] Elbowing James in the ribs as he moved about the kitchen area, Ianto didn't bother to hide his grin. Granted, yes, the snake did hop down of his own accord not a moment later, but the fox still liked to think he had something to do with it. He continued to cook while James blathered and prepared his surprise, Ianto finally turning in time to see his big reveal.

Surprisingly (for James, probably), the fox did look remarkably pleased, copper eyebrows raising as he considered the array of cups, spoons, saucers and tea leaves. [say]"Where did you get these?"[/say] he asked, a smile playing across his lips, half wistful. [say]"I was going to open a tearoom once, you know."[/say]

RE: everything is figureoutable - James - 05-12-2020

[say]"Y'need to make up your mind, is what you need. First I'm too thin, now I take up too much space. Really, it's always somethin' with you."[/say] The snake hissed, waggling a finger in Ianto's direction.

Waiting for the clattering sound to clear from his ears, James gave Ianto a haughty look. [say]"Oh so that's what it was then."[/say] He mumbled to himself, running his forefinger and thumb along his chin. [say]"Y'kept mentionin' tea in your sleep, over n'over again. Thought you were just a wee bit obsessed t'be honest, but a tea-house makes more sense."[/say]

Clearly skipping over the where question, James leaned down and plucked up a particularly expensive-looking teacup, pretending to sip daintily from it. [say]"I'll assume you're so stunned by this act of generosity that you've forgotten your manners."[/say] He said, nodding accusingly at the utter lack of foot-kissing and appreciative grovelling that was going on.

RE: everything is figureoutable - Ianto - 05-13-2020

[say]"Is it? Is it always something with me? Or is it just always you coming in here and causing something?"[/say] Ianto grinned up from where he was crouched on the floor, standing up cups and plates and the teapot until it did look like a little set, before he rose to his feet again to tend to the sizzling meat on the stovetop. [say]"Oh I'm sure,"[/say] he drawled in response to his mentioning tea in his sleep, unsure by now whether it was true or just another of James's tales. Either way, he wasn't complaining; the quaint, chipped little teaset warmed something up inside him.

Grinning over his shoulder, he tilted his head back at the snake. [say]"Oh you're right, where are my manners? So sorry. You're welcome, James, for my generosity in inviting you in out of the cold, and feeding you. You're very welcome, any time at all."[/say]