Court of the Fallen
how ‘bout now? - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: how ‘bout now? (/showthread.php?tid=3735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: how ‘bout now? - Zephyr - 06-30-2020

[say]"Salt's good for yer skin. An' rivers don't have sharks."[/say] Probably. You think. You very much doubt it, anyway. Chuckling low you shake your head, trying to hide your smile as his enthusiasm and curiosity pique. [say]"Dunno. Got a friend with a boat, though. Maybe he'll take ya out, if ya want."[/say]

You nearly choke when he brings up Sam, pausing for a second in your meanderings. [say]"Teach ya t'read, eh?"[/say] Why hadn't it occurred to you he wouldn't know how to read? Shoving your hands back in your pockets, you fall back in behind him. [say]"Sam's a good friend'a mine. Lives with me, actually. I reckon he'd enjoy that a fair bit."[/say] Giving purpose to the redhead would be good for him- he's been struggling. Maybe these two unlucky souls could find some happiness together.

You'd intended to walk him to his house, not to stick around, but you find yourself trailing inside. And no it's definitely not because you want to see Vai again - though when you do you'd be a liar if you said you didn't crack a smile, half-bashful, half amused. From behind her son you let your eyes track over her barely fucking clothed form, unable to resist noting that she's wearing far more than last time you were together.

Back to her face. Mind out of the gutter. [say]"Vai,"[/say] you greet in a low, warm rumble, amusement clear in your voice and face. [say]"I found this wanderin' around. Thought it might be yours."[/say] You clap a hand on the boy's shoulder, the crooked smile still playing at your lips, a boyish flush darkening your cheeks.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Felix - 06-30-2020

“[say]Sure![/say]” Felix chirps, that same grin remaining on his face when it comes to the subject of traveling on the boat and exploring the seas. It sounds as good a plan as any, settling any doubts of his attempt to go to sea. But he’s focusing on Sam now and the fact that he doesn’t know exactly how to read and write, at least not well enough on his own, and Felix nods a bit enthusiastically when it comes to asking Sam. “[say]I’ll ask him next time I see him.[/say]” And of course whether Vai approves of it.

But then they’re inside the house and the door shuts behind them, and he chimes his own greeting to his mother as he sheds the light jacket he’d worn. “[say]Hi mom. Zeph said you told him to keep an eye out for me getting into trouble.[/say]” He steps closer to Vai now, an easy smile on his face as he goes to hug her. “[say]He did well, I guess. I learned what a brothel is… And why I probably shouldn’t go in there yet.[/say]” No shame or awkwardness around the subject, just pure, innocent, brutal honesty.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Vervain - 06-30-2020

Watching Zeph look at anywhere but her face, Vai had to stifle the wicked smirk that tried to creep across her lips - an easy enough feat with Felix as a distraction. [say]”You would be right - this is mine,”[/say] she said with a quiet chuckle, reaching out to hug the boy back with one arm, kissing his cheek in greeting. [say]”Mm, I suppose I did say that. I guess I should say thank you to him.”[/say]

Oh but there was more. So much more. Blue eyes widening as Felix explained exactly what had happened out there in the dark, a surprised and almost shit-eating grin lit up on Vai’s face, the huntress glancing back up to Zeph. [say]”Sounds like quite an evening. What did you learn about them?”[/say] she asked.

You know you shouldn't flirt with her when her kid is in the room, but you can't help it. You can't. [say]"I'm sure we can find a way,"[/say] you answer, raising your eyebrows just a hair.

Which makes what happens next so much more just and amusing, because you deserve it. Okay. So unsurprisingly the kid with his mom is very different from the kid with you. Makes sense: you're a stranger and a grown up who found him in the dark and taught him about sex.

However, you'd rather expected him to at least maintain a level of awkwardness and propriety to avoid immediately telling Vai what you'd been up to. Joke's on you, you gods-damned moron. You've dug your own bloody grave, and she's going to shovel on the dirt.

Now without the safety of Felix as a human shield you feel a bit at a loss. Awkwardly you run your hand through your hair, shrugging helplessly at her oh-so-expressive grin. It's enough to make you squirm like a teenager caught with his dick out of his pants. [say]"Well I oughta be goin'. Uh. You look busy. Don' wanna intrude."[/say] You're already inching toward the door, desperate to flee before he can unload more of your excellent teachings.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Felix - 06-30-2020

Vai’s touch is soothing to him, immediately all of the awkwardness gone as he focuses on the story he tells his mother. And as her eyes widen, Felix’s grin grows too, mimicking her own. Her question hits before Zeph’s own attempt at disappearing into the shadows, though the young attuned can’t feel any of the awkwardness radiating around the room from the older man. “[say]He told me that you can pay to have sex with people.[/say]” He offers, a nod of his head as he steps out of his mother’s embrace and suddenly realizes what Zeph’s trying to do.

Turning back to the man, Felix keeps that grin on his face, though it’s edged with a very similar grin to his mother’s — and while he looks for all the life of him like his father, that grin is entirely Vai’s shit eating grin. “[say]Aw, can’t you stay for a bit? You walked all this way to walk me back.[/say]” And mimicking his mother’s voice, he tilts his head a bit this way and that. “[say]You can rest y’know.[/say]”

RE: how ‘bout now? - Vervain - 06-30-2020

Oh, this was almost getting cruel, but Vai couldn’t shake the amusement from the situation. Of all the places, of all the people, and of all the explanations to have to give. Giving Felix’s shoulder a gentle squeeze, she acted very innocently interested in what he had to say, nodding as if impressed at the knowledge. [say]”Is it?”[/say] she echoed her son, as if she didn’t know exactly what the fuck a brothel was. [say]”So did Zeph explain to you what sex is, too?”[/say]

As the poor man tried to exit gracefully (and was barred by her wonderful shit of a son), Vai had to hide her laugh behind her hand. [say]”He’s right, you know. The cliffs are a ways up from the beach. Stay a bit, I’ll make us all a drink. Felix, would you go light the stove?”[/say]

Wow okay so he really is a chip off the old block, eh? Maybe you hadn't seen the resemblance initially, but heck does it come out as the boy looks at you, his innocent act fading away into a shit-eating grin. You can feel the sweat pooling at the back of your neck, the flush creeping steadily out from underneath your beard as you do your best to look at something- anything but this devilish pair.

It seems you aren't getting out of this so easy, either. Felix's protest is echoed by his mother, and you know you'll look like a fucking asshole if you leave now, and you know she knows it too. Shooting a quick glare of pained amusement and resignation at Vervain, you resign yourself to your fate. [say]"Alright, alright- just one drink. Wouldn' wanna impose."[/say]

You remove your shoes and step into the house, still feeling rather uncomfortable. This is the governor's house, and part of you wonders if he won't pop up at any moment, just to add smoke to your uncomfortable fire. [say]"Nice place."[/say]

RE: how ‘bout now? - Felix - 07-01-2020

Oh, Felix and Vai are two peas in a pod. Everything — everything — the boy has learned has been from her. So when the curl of Vai’s lips ignites this typical game of his too, he knows he’s done well. And of course, all of this falls onto Zeph, no longer the awkward teen he is and more back up than necessary from his mother. All in all, poor Zeph. “[say]It is.[/say]” Felix chimes easily, that grin remaining on his face. “[say]He did! He told me enough that it makes sense.[/say]” He beams before he’s glancing back toward Zeph with a wicked grin. “[say]I think he left some stuff out though.[/say]”

This part comes as a whisper for Vai’s ears only, as he turns more fully, offering Zeph to stay at least for a drink. “[say]Sure, mom.[/say]” He offers, looking away from Zeph follow through, slipping away from the room and into the kitchen out of sight and out of mind to light the stove. But he doesn’t stop there, no, he decides to be a good little cub and take his time lighting it, gathering the cups needed, making sure that the table is clear of anything that might make it seem like there wasn’t room.

Checkmate, Zeph.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Vervain - 07-01-2020

Raising an eyebrow at Felix’s whisper, the smile didn’t leave her face even for a moment as she heard that her son had been taught all about the birds and the bees from Zeph, Vai mussing at his hair affectionately. [say]”Thank you,”[/say] she chimed after him, waiting until he was gone before finally turning back to the handsome dock worker suddenly standing in her friend’s home.

[say]”It’s not bad,”[/say] she said of the house, stepping forward on bare feet towards Zeph. And oops, wouldn’t you know it, the towel around her started to come undone. Perish the thought; Vai managed to keep hold of it with one hand, leaving it draped fetchingly over her front, but there would be a lot of leg and more than a peek of nipple in the process.

Finally her expression melted into something warmer, something very amused indeed. [say]”You did me a favour,”[/say] she told him with a wink. [say]”I really do need to thank you, one of these days.”[/say] Leaning in to brush her lips across his whiskered cheek, she stepped back again and turned to head upstairs (bare ass on display, of course).

[say]”I won’t be long - feel free to head into the kitchen,”[/say] she called.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Zephyr - 07-01-2020

Oh boy. The lad's a troublemaker and no mistake, two of them working in tandem to deftly manipulate you further into the house, utterly trapped by their respective wiles. When Felix disappears into another room you turn to Vai, ready to apologize for sticking your nose way into her business-

-and find her standing very close to you, the towel slipping from her breast for a glorious, fleeting moment, the smell of her intoxicating. [say]"I can think'a a couple ways,"[/say] you murmur softly, reaching out to brush a hand over her bare arm. And if you grab her ass when she turns away, hey, she put it on display for a reason.

Suddenly you find you're feeling much, much more at ease.

After watching Vai ascend the stairs (a sight you do no foresee yourself growing tired of any time soon, all hips and calves and hnnng, there's a child here you perv) you compose yourself, then follow Felix through the door. [say]"Hey, kid... ya need any help?"[/say]

Leaning into the light touch from his mother, he departs into the kitchen and lights the stove, gathers the cups, cleans up the tables – does everything he’s got to in order to make it seem like they can welcome some company. He even takes the time to pull up an extra chair, ignoring and uncaring what happens between Zeph his mother in the other room – imagining that she’d soon be departing into her room to get changed.

What he doesn’t fully expect is Zeph appearing in the kitchen to offer his help.

Felix looks up from where he sets the cup down and a little pad for any snacks – perhaps cookies and things of that nature before his shoulders shrug and he flashes an easy smile to Zeph. “[say]I got it. Thanks though.[/say]” And he means that, too, as he moves to get whatever ingredients Vai will use to make the drinks. “[say]What do you usually drink?[/say]” He’s Torchline Natural, certainly that meant he knew a thing or two about what the people here drank in comparison to his usual taste of the Greatwood. And if nothing else, it’s a bit of small talk before Vai returns.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Vervain - 07-01-2020

True to her word, Vervain didn’t take long; the huntress returned only a few minutes later, walking through the kitchen doorway in loose, comfortable clothes that suggested she was going precisely nowhere, her damp curls swept up and out of the way, keeping her hair from the back of her neck. With a bright smile to Felix at already going ahead and arranging everything, she nodded for them both to take a seat. [say]”I’ve got it from here,”[/say] she said, moving to the cupboards.

In time enough to have heard Felix’s question, she flashed a smile over her shoulder to Zeph. [say]”I was going to make tea,”[/say] she said in a wry tone. [say]”But there’s stronger, if you’d prefer it.”[/say] She threw Felix a look that said not you, though.

RE: how ‘bout now? - Zephyr - 07-01-2020

You lean on the counter awkwardly, watching Felix work. It seems the boy has things covered, leaving you precious little to do with your hands. So you do what you normally do when you're nervous and don't want to show it: pull out a coin from your pocket and begin to maneuver it between your fingers, the metal as fluid as water through some amount of black magic fuckery and years of practice, both illicit and not.

You open your mouth to answer Felix's question and promptly clap it shut, catching Vai's wry tone and grin. [say]"Tea's fine,"[/say] you answer automatically, secretly disappointed - you could use some whiskey right about now. Palming the coin, you tuck it back into your pocket and move to take a seat. [say]"So, Felix. Ya met any mers yet?"[/say] Probably not, given the season, but small talk is not your greatest strength.

The cub’s attention remains on Zeph while he finishes up what little bits he needs to as Vai breezes in. A smile is sent his mother’s way, shifting to do just as he’s told and settling in on the chair opposite of Zeph, drawing himself up and resting his elbows on the table. His gaze flickers back to his mother at the mention of something stronger. A full lip puffs out in a slight pout before he’s leaning forward on the table a bit to give his attention to Zeph.

“[say]Mers? I don't... Think so?[/say]” He questions, brows furrowing together as he tries to figure out what exactly he means. Bi-toned eyes flicker toward Vai as if he should know what a mer is – wondering how closely the creature or people might resemble something from the Greatwood.