Court of the Fallen
{SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) (/showthread.php?tid=3805)

{SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Oliver - 07-03-2020

It felt like only yesterday that Oliver was out planting seeds in the hopes that things would potentially grow.

Honestly, he was hopelessly optimistic at that point, thinking that he was somehow going to make things just magically work. It's kinda embarrassing to look back on it now. He's learned so much and grown a lot in his mind.

The Spire was far from a good place for planting anything but from his research, which was just asking around and reading some books, the soil at the Fields was apparently perfect for this sort of thing. Which is what led him to setting out with a few bags of different seeds. Most of his seats were wheat and grain based, but he did manage to get a couple of berry bushes! Even two fruit trees!

All in all, he had a nice set of seeds to work with and honestly, getting outside kind of made him feel a little happy. So much so that he was even wearing a hat of sorts to shield his eyes from the rays of sun. Otherwise his outfit was simple, a sleeveless shirt and some shorts that went to his knees.

Today was... going to be maybe a good day, yeah.

RE: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Aisha - 07-07-2020

Aisha was settling back to life in the grounds, with a new task at hands her listless and anxious stupor had paused. To rebuild, to do better. Her time in Torchline had been almost too quiet. Here she had people to help, things to do. She didn't want her life to be a vacation, but a challenge. That was just who she was.

And while she still struggled with feeling somewhat responsible for what'd happened at the temple, she was getting over it. Moving forward and working hard was the best remedy for hurt, and so she went to meet Oliver out in the fields today, to plant crops and bushes and trees. She manned the shovel, and currently worked on digging holes for the trees. Someday the little things would bear fruit for everyone, him, her, and all the people who came after them. For now, they provided for it, time would reward them.

Oliver looked in good spirits today, which was enough to lighten Aisha up. [say]"Didn't expect you to like farming,"[/say] she remarked to him with a faint smile, staking her shovel deep and unearthing the soil.

RE: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Oliver - 07-08-2020

The holes were dug by Aisha and Oliver carefully searched through the seeds, plucking up the right ones and delicately placing them down into the soil. As she spoke, he only really looked at his work, taking a bit too long with the first seed. This was mostly just a major distraction for him and he seemed to catch onto it pretty quickly. [say]"I'm not much of a farmer, couldn't even see myself living a life fully like that... but it's a nice break."[/say]

He stands back up and moves on to the next hole, this time taking the proper amount of time. [say]"Is it wrong I'm tempted to try out my magic on these seeds? I mean... I could do it, but what if it's better to leave it be? Fuck... I really need to learn a hell of a lot more about my magic."[/say] The latter part he kind of jokes around, trying to poke fun at himself for not knowing a lot about his magic.

With the seed in place he stands back up and turns to look at Aisha. [say]"What about you? Ever planted things like this before? What sorts of plants did they have where you came from?"[/say] Ah yes, shifting the attention. Real smooth.

RE: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Aisha - 07-10-2020

'A nice break' was a good way to put it, a better break than she'd had in Torchline at that. This was relaxing, and productive. The break she'd taken in Torchline had felt lackadaisical, purposeless. Farming was much better, tougher surely, but better. She gave a nod, wiping a line of sweat from her brow. The sun had only just returned and the change in temperature was vast and evident.

They continued to work for a moment before Oliver broke the silence again, spewing his thoughts with a light humor. Aisha grinned softly, happy to see him joke, [say]"Oliver leave those seeds be,"[/say] she admonished playfully, teasing in their usual way, [say]"ain't nobody needs a fucky magic bush."[/say]

Aisha had done plenty of manual labor in her training back home, and she'd watched her mom plant flowers in her garden. But crops? Doing it herself? The princess had not, definitely why she'd resigned herself to digging, and let him take the care with the seeds. [say]"I've planted flowers but not food,"[/say] she started, [say]"plants back home were mostly the same, I don't know individual herbs and stuff. Food came to me made I didn't cook it,"[/say] she said, holding up her hands with a smirk.

RE: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Oliver - 07-14-2020

Playfully, Oliver rolls his eyes and continues on with the next few seeds. [say]"I got some bushes that we need to do next. I hope they'll grow soon, some more berries would be splendid."[/say] Had he ever had fruit grown by magic? Oliver really wasn't all that sure, it never occurred to him to ask the farmers more details about how the plants came about. He merely just trusted them and honestly, the berries were so damn good he saw no reason to push.

The response earned a light smile and he continued on with his rather easy work. [say]"Really? What was your favorite flower?"[/say] That was something she'd probably be familiar with and well, the manor could use a bit of some life outside. Maybe he could plant some flowers and put in one of her favorite kind. [say]"Well, there's always time to learn. I could teach ya how to cook? I'm no chef, but I did learn how to help around a family... plus you gotta admit, I make a damn good stew."[/say] There's a wink thrown her way and he has to hold back some laughter, grinning instead.

RE: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Aisha - 07-15-2020

Speaking of bushes, some berry bushes were next on the list. Aisha could do nothing but agree, berries were a favorite. She'd always been a fan of fruit, but since gaining her bat shift she'd grown far more enamored with the food. [say]"Hell yeah,"[/say] she agreed, moving on to start with those holes for the bushes.

Favorite flower? Aisha did have a definite for that one, [say]"Freesias, but specifically the bright yellow ones."[/say] It was fun talking about stuff like this, nonchalant and simple, chat like this reminded her that things would be ok. [say]"There was a bush of them outside my window, I loved seeing them when I woke up,"[/say] she said with a soft grunt at the end as she struck the shovel into a stubborn bit of earth.

Back to cooking, [say]"You could teach me to cook, or I could just let you cook and I'll watch,"[/say] she teased, flashing him a grin. [say]"Is it just stew or you got more on the menu?"[/say]

RE: {SE} flower gleam and glow (open) - Oliver - 07-31-2020

Freesias were an unfamiliar thing to Oliver. Honestly, he expected a simple flower like a sunflower or a rose, but then he got something he had never even heard of. There were gears turning in his head and Oliver nodded. [say]"Could you describe the flower to me? Tell me what it looked like, what it smelled like. Was it fluffy? Or more delicate."[/say] Oliver remembered flowers that looked very fluffy in nature, but then there was the delicate tulip.

A smile formed on his lips and Oliver let out a huff of laughter. [say]"I'll teach you if you want, and of course I can make more! Stew is just so nice because I can make one big pot of it."[/say] It's so convenient! And so easy to clean up after. [/say] I can make a damn good roast, but I'll need some more spices. Honestly, name any meat and I'll try to cook it."[/say] Really, Oliver didn't have many recipes to work with, but he'd at least try his best. [say]"I can also cook the usual. You know, vegetables... gourds... potatoes."[/say] Trailing off, Oliver zoned out for a second before continuing on. Yeah..... yeah.

Fin