Court of the Fallen
(SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find (/showthread.php?tid=4171)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

(SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-07-2020

Of course he was going to explore the so-called 'Climb' at the first opportunity. Of course he was going to venture to the place his one and only lover had come, had fallen, had died.

He didn't know why he wanted to come. Didn't know what he was looking for, what he expected to find. He had the good sense to leave Auni behind, safe - just like she had. Perhaps that was foolish in itself.

He was feeling like doing something a bit foolish, a bit reckless. He had entered a point of not caring, of needing to try and make himself feel something, to remind himself that he could

The vet couldn't tell you how he had gotten to the room of crystals and glass, of shimmering patterns. He couldn't tell you much of anything at the moment, entranced by the tricks of the light - the way the lava flowed, eerily fast and slow, causing refractions and reflections his mind couldn't process.

He was lost, and he didn't really want to be found.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-09-2020

Amun had heard of the new land that Wessex had discovered, the Climb. Since hearing about its hot and lava-filled environment, he'd been filled with an almost burning need to go there, pun semi-intended. Finally he'd caved and made his way across the frozen land of Halo, hissing at the snow as he did. However, when he'd made the long ascent and arrived on the fields of soot, he'd heard a voice calling him from the tunnels.

Eyes wide, he'd followed it blindly. Once in a while he'd stop to stare longingly at the flicker of fire in the distance, carried strangely by the curves and bends of the caves he'd found himself in. Every time, though, the voice would whisper to him, causing him to press onward.

Eventually he stumbled upon a cavern filled with glittering lights. And a man, a man that the potter didn't know. He went completely still. Zhanshi, who'd been tunneling alongside the Ascended this entire time circled at his feet, just the landshark's fin poking up.

For a long while, Amun remained silent. Finally he opened his mouth. [say]"Why did you call me here?"[/say] he rasped out.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-10-2020

He was staring, mesmerised by a particular stream of lava beneath the crystals, at the glowing, shifting, scorching stream that was refracted and reflected across the cavern of sharding glass and precious stonesl. Chulane watched it, barely able to keep focus on a single point, his mind's eye making him see more than just the room around him.

He saw her, everywhere he looked, in the reflection of his own eyes (they always had matching eyes), in the way the light and shadows played, in the way his heart ached for her, as if he could will her back into existence.

The vet didn't know someone else had arrived, so caught up in his own introspection, his own imagination, that it wasn't until he heard a peculiar sound that he couldn't quite place, that tugged him from his reverie. It was like a grinding, a digging, a tunnelling sound that he'd never had occasion to hear before.

Then he saw a shark fin 'swimming' in the earth, and took a few startled steps backwards, stopping only when he bumped against the wall, feeling a small scratch break the skin on his hand. Idly, he rubbed at it, as he looked to the shark, and the man who he just realised was also here.

[say]"Huh?"[/say] he all but mumbled, surprise clearly evident. [say]"What? I didn't..?"[/say] the words dropped, as he wondered if he really could rely on his memories from just before this moment, suddenly insecure in the knowledge that he hadn't called out (could he had called out for Kia?), suddenly unsure and questioning everything.

[say]"Who are you?"[/say] He asked, glancing from the man to the shark, still rubbing at the small scrape on his hand.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-10-2020

Amun frowned. Stepping forward just once, he looked around at the glittering crystal. However, his eyes were drawn back to the other man. [say]"Your voice. You changed it."[/say] He cocked his head to one side, eyes narrowing. [say]"Why did you change your voice?"[/say]

Laughing, the Ascended shrugged. [say]"I don't know. I thought I did, but I don't anymore."[/say] He sighed and shook his head.

Zhanshi, having decided Chulane wasn't a threat, swam over to the vet. The little landshark circled at the other man's feet for a moment. Then the potter's companion darted forward to try and bite down on Chulane's feet.

Amun's nostrils flared as he spotted the small wound on the stranger's hand. [say]"Can I have some? I'm so thirsty."[/say] Taking another step forward the Ascended trained his eyes on the minuscule amount of blood.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-11-2020

[say]"I didn't,"[/say] he repeated, wondering how many times he was going to be defending himself, denying the accusations of strangers in this strange place. He had stepped back again, form close to the wall, as the other man had stepped forward.

[say]"You don't know who you are?"[/say] Was he just echoing what the other one was saying now? Like a parrot, otherwise useless? What the fuck is going on…? The thought trickled through his mind, as he suddenly glanced back down to the fucking shark in the ground and leapt up and backwards again.

[say]"What the actual fuck,"[/say] loudly, with much grumpiness evident, he somehow managed to flail out of reach of the shark, still not quite connecting the dots that this was the man's companion.

Then the man aired another question, looking at the small scrape on Chuy's hand. Fully frowning now, almost scowling in disgust and frustration, he said very loudly and very clearly: [say]"No."[/say]

So this was an ascended. Claiming to be thirsty. Confused and behaving peculiar - well, more peculiar than most folks he'd met in his relatively short experience in Caido already. What is going on in this world?

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-11-2020

Frowning, Amun took another step closer to the stranger. [say]"Someone did. If not you, then who?"[/say] The potter glanced around at the glittering crystal. A particularly brilliant flicker of light caught his eye. He found himself staring at it, transfixed.

Without looking at the other man, the Ascended shrugged. [say]"I thought I knew who I was. A fallen star. But then I found out I was a copy. And now I don't know if I still fell from the sky or if I just think I did."[/say]

The blood drew his gaze back to the stranger. When the other man refused, Amun made a whining and mewling sound in the back of his throat. [say]"But I'm so thirsty. And you have so much of it."[/say] He licked his lips.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-12-2020

He was annoyed, and grumpy, and tired, and while he did what he could to swallow his temper, his facial expressions couldn't quite keep up. He scowled at the man as he levelled another accusation against him. But Chuy managed to rein in the angry retort before he voiced it, instead taking a moment to calm himself down and reassess the situation.

He took another step back as the other stepped forward, wanting to maintain a distance between himself and this apparently deliriously thirsty stranger. [say]"What's your name?"[/say] Chuy tried a different question this time, one that might give him something he could use.

[say]"No."[/say] He repeated sternly, clearly. Chuy had nothing against the ascended, he had consented to being bitten before - but Neron was a friend. [say]"Go find one of your Voice shrines."[/say]

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-12-2020

[say]"Amun."[/say] Having said his name, Amun cocked his head to one side as the whispered voice called to him again. Reaching out, he placed his hand on one of the glittering crystals. [say]"I heard it again. And I can see them now."[/say] He smiled. [say]"They're...I'm not really sure what they are. But they're in here. Come see."[/say] He beckoned the stranger forward.

Looking at the other man, the potter pouted. [say]"I don't want fluid. I want blood. The Voice doesn't give me blood. And I'm so thirsty."[/say] Once again, he licked his lips.

Training his eyes on the cut on the stranger's hand, the Ascended let his own hand drop from the crystal. Stepping forward again, he swayed a bit. [say]"No. What...I can't take unless you say."[/say] A whining sound started in the back of his throat.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-12-2020

Chulane was not about to pander to the stranger's whims, though at least he knew his name now. The vet did not step closer, to the man or the shark, and simply watched as Amun peered into the crystals on the wall.

The ascended was sick, and Chulane didn't want to jump to conclusions, but he had his suspicions, of an illness going around.

He'd met quite a few now, all exhibiting various degrees of similar symptoms. He hoped he wasn't infected, or had spread it to the unsuspecting populace of Halo.

[say]"Fluid will have to do,"[/say] he reiterated, firm in his standing. He was not up for donating blood right now, and dealing with the consequences of the bite. It was something too intimate for the small-town Earth-boy, too sexual for the man who kept those things private.

[say]"Where are you from, Amun?"[/say] Perhaps he could get him back where he came from… somehow.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-12-2020

Amun scowled at the stranger. Fingers twitching, the potter shook his head. [say]"It's not the same,"[/say] he half-snarled, half-whined. Still, he stayed where he was, heading still shaking back and forth. [say]"I can't take it. It has to be offered. I can't take it. It has to be offered."[/say] He continued repeating that like a mantra.

Only stopping at the other man's question, the Ascended sighed. [say]"I came from the sky and landed in the water. But that wasn't me, and even if it was, I can't go back again."[/say] He sagged against the crystal wall, pressing one side of his face against it. [say]"Unless you know the way back?"[/say] It came out in a whisper.

Zhanshi, having swum back and forth at Chulane's feet darted forward. Mouth opening wide, the landshark would try to bite down on the vet's feet, though not hard enough to break the skin. Watching silently, Amun smiled at the exchange. [say]"No biting."[/say]

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-15-2020

Chulane took another step back, keen to keep on putting distance between himself and this other being. Gods, I better not be infected with whatever this is, he commented to himself, fearful at the thought that he already was, that he might've already spread it, that he wouldn't even know if he was infected.

And the man started chanting, a mantra that Chulane agreed with but was still quite unsettled by. Only to change into an explanation of where he was from, which made utterly no sense to Chulane. [say]"You're from the sky."[/say] He repeated the statement softly, as if to confirm it, but almost too afraid to actually question it lest he invite a convoluted, extended explanation of what the man actually meant (which he just wasn't interested in right now).

Then there was a shark at his feet again and the vet did his best not to react. The beast hadn't bitten down hard, but it was still pretty alarming. [say]"Could you call off your shark?"[/say] It was a sentence Chuy never imagined himself saying, but here he was. [say]"I'm going to explore the room a bit more,"[/say] he declared, moving to turn and walk away from the man, neither inviting him to come along nor directly turning him away.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-15-2020

Nodding at the stranger's question, Amun cast his eyes up towards the ceiling. Throwing his head back, he pointed upwards. [say]"I was a star. But I crashed into the water. And then I fell, again, and came here."[/say] He smiled, lowering his head to stare at the other man.

Frowning, the potter looked at Zhanshi. The landshark was little, basically the size of a housecat. Not really all that threatening. Still, the Ascended shrugged. [say]"No biting."[/say] Zhanshi released Chulane's foot. However, the potter's companion launched himself into the air and began making circles around the vet's head.

As the stranger explained his idea Amun grinned. [say]"I'll explore it too. Maybe I'll find more of them."[/say] Turning to walk in the opposite direction, he stopped and stared into every single crystal. However, only the first one had the voice and the figure trapped within so far. Zhanshi, though, stuck with Chulane.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Chulane - 09-16-2020

Chulane grunted to himself as the man kept going around in circles with trying to explain his origin. And the real kicker about this situation was that Chulane barely knew whether to believe him or not. It all sounded like the crazed ramblings of a madman, and yet had he not heard stories just as crazy, just as outlandish?

Perhaps Amun really was a fallen star.

Or perhaps he was just sick, and delirious.

The vet was surprised, again, when the shark demonstrated an ability to swim through the air. At least it had given up on biting him, for now. Icy pools flicked up to view the hover-shark every now and then as the vet walked determinedly forward, looking for something, anything that might prove a distraction from his newest companions.

Also, a way out of here might be useful too.

He kept walking, looking at the crystals, vaguely aware of Amun somewhere behind him, keeping closer track of the hover-shark above him. Casting his gaze about, he frowned at the tricks of the light, the way it bent and sparkled, and hid turns and potential exits. [say]"Do you know how to get out of here?"[/say] he ventured to the other man, almost reluctantly, not really wanting to open up another line of conversation with him but knowing he also didn't really have a choice.

RE: (SE) the glare makes me hard to find - Amun - 09-16-2020

Not privy to the thoughts swirling around in Chulane's mind (in fact, the Ascended was barely privy to his own at this point) he continued to meander through the cavern. Every now and then he'd stop, but before too long he'd move on again. Zhanshi, having completed his perusal of the vet, returned to the ground by the potter's feet. There the landshark swam in small circles, making little tunnels in the crystal.

Frowning, Amun glanced at the stranger. [say]"Why would you want to get out of here? This place is perfect. Warm, and there's fire nearby."[/say] The potter's frown turned into a smile at the mention of fire.

Then he gasped. Pressing his ear and then his eye against one of the crystals, he chuckled. [say]"I found another one, and this one has a dirty mouth."[/say]